Telesio Galilei Academy of Science a Fraud?

I guess that's the article that pushed Mr. Francesco the Magnificent to (ab)use his keyboard again?

Fucilla, non esiste scienza impossibile
http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/cultura/2012-08-25/fucilla-esiste-scienza-impossibile-173637.shtml?uuid=Ab1GfaTG

Google translation is not helping much w/o a native speaker's corrections so I'm not posting it here. Perhaps dantem or any other Italian speaking member can do it (if it's worth the effort) or at least give us a synopsis.

For the record, there are some discussions going on about the article (I think) and/or FF & Co starting here:

_http://ocasapiens-dweb.blogautore.repubblica.it/2012/08/14/piezopoli-leditoria-predona/

with a few follow-ups, and here:

_http://ultimoranotizie.it/2012/09/07/piezopoli-perplessita-e-costernazione/

Not sure what it is worth though...

http://www.ilsole24ore.com/art/cultura/2012-08-25/fucilla-esiste-scienza-impossibile-173637.shtml?uuid=Ab1GfaTG

I speed read it and my impression is that the title sums it up: Fucilla, "there is not such thing as an impossible science." It is a recollection of all their projects, written with a sarcastic tone of "you gotta be kidding me." It also reveals the money scam at the Ascension company.

From the second link listed by Pob, a commenter left this note in English and it seems there might be a hustle involved that he became suspicious of, not sure.

63 commenti a “Piezopoli: l’editoria predona”

novesuundici ha scritto:
17 agosto, 2012 14:11

Non che le riviste tradizionali siano tanto meglio… Leggete cosa scrive l’editor di Strain per giustificare la mancata pubblicazione del famoso “Comment on “Compositional and Microchemical Evidence of Piezonuclear Fission Reactions in Rock Specimens Subjected to Compression Tests” [Strain 47 (Suppl. 2), 282 (2011)]” di G. Amato et al.:

After thorough pondering and seeking information from the initial authors as well as from independent sources, I have decided not to publish your discussion. Although I think some of the comments you make in the paper are fully justified, there is an implicit hint that the initial authors may have manipulated or even made up the data. This in itself is not a sufficient reason for rejecting your paper since heated arguments are part of the academic life. What is more puzzling however is the fact you and your co-authors are all from an institution chaired by one of the authors of the initial paper. More serious is the fact that this was not mentioned in your cover letter to me. Therefore, I have doubts about the fact that your discussion paper was only motivated by scientific considerations.Strain does not want to be part of a conflict between individuals within a same institution, this is far beyond the role of a scientific journal. Since your discussion is out in ArXiv, as well as the closure from the initial authors, I think your claim has been made and readers can reach an opinion on this without the help of Strain.

Viene da chiedersi se qualcuno non l’ha imbeccato…

Possibility of Being said:
I guess that's the article that pushed Mr. Francesco the Magnificent to (ab)use his keyboard again?

_http://ocasapiens-dweb.blogautore.repubblica.it/2012/08/14/piezopoli-leditoria-predona/

_http://ultimoranotizie.it/2012/09/07/piezopoli-perplessita-e-costernazione/

These articles are priceless! Especially those at 'Sole24h' and the 'ultimoranotizie' where FF & Co are being literally "dismantled" by national newspapers.

Haven't got what followed exactly with the issue about Prof. Christian Corda though, just saving all this material. The ultimoranotizie one tells us that the reaction to the Sole24 Ore article is 'unprecedented' and totally out of ordinary - it seems that Christian Corda is heavily backfiring on Fucilla after that article - creating even a thread, 'Piezopoli'... and usually whenever, in Italy, you find a title like that ending with "-poli", it means that a whole can of worms has been opened up.

That's pretty usual for FF to do that, as we've experienced here on the Forum and seen on the Motley Fool one too. And, as usual, no one would notice it if it wasn't for this latest Fucilla spam! :lol:

I'll dig into it later on, job is calling me back in.

'Piezopoli' started after a research published on 2009 by Fabio Cardone and Roberto Magnani about a new energy-efficient 'technique' called 'piezo-nuclear'. It would be a mean to extract energy from nuclear waste material or something like that.

With this new invention Cardone told Italy that all the problems on Power consumption and Power dependencies were finally solved. Several labs and scientist teams began to backfire on Cardone, guilty of poor research, faulty papers and asking for thousands of millions for his 'own' projects, leaving other research teams dry of funds. Cardone and Mignani are also those who were being sued for plagiarism by Ruggero Santilli. Twe two also back-sued Santilli afterwards.

So 'Piezopoli' started, a thriller saga of news and articles about what had been perceived as another case of junk science.

Cardone is or was on TGA members board list, and so after Sylvie Coyaud's article at the Sole 24 Ore all the hell break loose on Fucilla, spotted as being the one with the funds for Cardone's piezo-nuclear reactor(?)... I'm lost here. SC then unveils Fucilla's past and present, put into the soup past diatribes about that piezo-nuclear thing dating back to 2009 by naming also Christian Corda and his IMF of Prato, Tuscany, 'affiliated' with the TGA. It was magic word 'affiliated' or 'associated', hinting at a collaboration between Corda(IMF) and Fucilla (TGA), that deeply bothered Corda, who started defending his position into a blog (Ocasapiens) hosted at La Repubblica online.

Maybe you can send the SOTT piece to these journalists and ask them if they've done any research on Fucilla's educational credentials? He has never responded to anyone's request to produce a verifiable CV.

Laura said:
Maybe you can send the SOTT piece to these journalists and ask them if they've done any research on Fucilla's educational credentials? He has never responded to anyone's request to produce a verifiable CV.

A genius Professor without a CV??... very interesting! :rolleyes:

A quick update on the Telesio-Galilei Academy of Science Board and Members.

As of today, compared with the list of March/April this year, the following people disappeared from the TGA board:

Board:
Terrance Clifford Amos, Vice President (Scientist)
Pierre Anglès, (Mathematician, Philosopher)

Advisory Board:
Diego Lucio Rapoport (Scientist)
Vincenzo Valenzi (Scientist)

Honorary Members:
Anja Puhlmann
William George Zane Jr
Terence Clifford-Amos
Rodrigo Tsafrir Rapoport

The Members list is still the same, with the exception of Valenzi and D.Rapoport been removed. 1 new member joined this month: Jayant Narlikar (Cosmologist & Physicist)

Also, TGA released a note stating that, "the Board [...] has elected to concentrate all of their efforts toward scientific research exclusively among fellow members. Hence as from 2012, the TGA will not be giving awards." Signed by: J. D-D, President
[Announcement posted on Thursday 14th September 2012 at _http://www.telesio-galilei.com/tg/index.php]/academy-news]

--
Edit: clarity

Also, TGA released a note stating that, "the Board [...] has elected to concentrate all of their efforts toward scientific research exclusively among fellow members. Hence as from 2012, the TGA will not be giving awards." Signed by: J. D-D, President
[Announcement posted on Thursday 14th September 2012 at _http://www.telesio-galilei.com/tg/index.php]/academy-news]

What a surprise!

Laura said:

What a surprise!

Well, there goes their main method of conning scientists into joining their "board" and becoming "honorary members".

Perhaps a new SOTT article containing all this additional information, with the words "Telesio Galilei Academy of Science" at the beginning of the title would be a good thing? :evil:

As this news was rather surprising I went to their website to verify for myself.

While being there I went to the 'useful links' and found out about probably yet another new association, this time with a Bulgarian engineer Kiril Borissov Chukanov who is into harnessing ball lightning energy or something like that. I'm not qualified to assess the details of it.

See : _http://www.chukanovenergy.com/
This last variant of ANGEL I generates 4 times over-unity!!!

Industrial QFE generator (with different, improved construction) will generate tens of times over-unity!!! This will be 'self-sustained' ('closed - loop') QFE generator!!! No fuel, no any other primary energy source from outside is needed!!!

Any power QFE generators (starting 20 KW output) can be built! QFE is generated on the place of consumption, no need in expansive transmission power lines!

Quantum Free Energy will destroy the absolute monopoly of the Big Oil, Big Dirty Fossil Fuel/Nuclear Electrical, over energy sources and energy supply of our civilization!

QFE generators are absolutely friendly to the environment, and absolutely safe in work!

The price of 1 KW installed power is several times lower than for all conventional fossil fuel/nuclear and renewable (solar, wind, hydro-, tidal waves, thermal,...) energy producing generators!!!

ANGEL I is the only real free energy generator in the world!!! All other 'free energy' sources are fake!

ANGEL I is ready for business!!!
Included are papers, impressive photographs, diagrams and the like in a similar vein as all the other projects already mentioned earlier.

Guardian said:
Perhaps a new SOTT article containing all this additional information, with the words "Telesio Galilei Academy of Science" at the beginning of the title would be a good thing? :evil:

not a bad idea!

Found a page on Wiki where FF is spotted as 'Webmaster6'. Topic is 'Fringe theories/Noticeboard/Archive 15'

User:Webmaster6, Francesco Fucilla et al

There have been several previous threads on this noticeboard about the Telesio - Galilei Academy of Science, a web organization either down a back lane in East Croydon or somewhere in Hungary. (It is connected with The Alpha Institute for Advanced Study, a web organization either in a village on the outskirts of Swansea or somewhere in Hungary.) This organization is devoted to pseudoscience and awards prizes mostly to those who have contested well-established parts of theoretical physics. Prizewinners include Myron Evans, Jeremy Dunning-Davies, Diego Lucio Rapoport, Alwyn Van der Merwe, Lawrence Paul Horwitz, Florentin Smarandache, other editors of Progress in Physics and Franco Selleri, whose BLP is currently up for deletion here.

The organization at first bore the name of Ruggero Santilli; it appears to be financed by Francesco Fucilla, who has edited wikipedia himself (his editing style is instantly recognizable because he uses capitalization and exclamation marks, London IPs and often adds his own signature, a tell-tale sign). Webmaster6 (talk · contribs) has been slowly adding pages to wikipedia connected with Fucilla and this organization. Several articles on promotional videos have been deleted (starting with "The Universe of Myron Evans"; here's a video of Dunning-Davies extolling Santilli's theories [22]).

Both Evans and Fucilla run off-wiki commentary on the BLPs they wish to add to wikipedia and the deletion process: Evans on his blog at www.aias.us [23] and Fucilla on the Telesio-Galilei website [24]. I believe that Myron Evans actually threatened WMF with action over his BLP (later confirmed by User:Daniel), which resulted in his own biographical stub being put up for deletion by me some time back. (A neutral description of his eponymous theory took its place.) I think more eyes are needed on this little walled garden of articles and in particular the contributions of Webmaster6 who appears to have a WP:COI. No need for wikipedia to become a mirror site for pseudoscientific websites, even if there is a slightly comical aspect to the whole thing (Santilli's magnegas - an alternative fuel based on his own new molecule, made from reprocessed human waste, tested on a Ferrari). Mathsci (talk) 10:33, 29 September 2009 (UTC)

Just to remind everyone that the first step in handling a suspected conflict of interest is "direct discussion of the issue with the editor, referring to this guideline". There is no evidence that Mathsci has troubled to do that, or even had the courtesy to notify Webmaster6 of this discussion about his contributions.

A further reminder: "Using COI allegations to harass an editor or to gain the upper hand in a content dispute is prohibited, and can result in a block or ban." 213.48.162.2 (talk) 21:14, 29 September 2009 (UTC)
213.48.162.2 (talk · contribs) appears to be a sockpuppet account. There seem to be too many around at the moment. Their statements are inaccurate, because of previous deletion discussions of Webmaster6's contributions (here for example) and threads on this noticeboard. Perhaps when 213.4.162.2 has a moment to spare, they can consult with their twin 213.48.162.4 (talk · contribs) on how to stalk me in a slightly less obvious way. Mathsci (talk) 21:23, 29 September 2009 (UTC) Note: this editor also seems to be Quotient group (talk · contribs), probably a new account of A.K.Nole (talk · contribs · deleted contribs · logs · edit filter log · block user · block log).

[quote author=dantem]
Found a page on Wiki where FF is spotted as 'Webmaster6'. Topic is 'Fringe theories/Noticeboard/Archive 15'[/quote]

Couple of things from your link dantem:

…a web organization either down a back lane in East Croydon or somewhere in Hungary. (It is connected with The Alpha Institute for Advanced Study, a web organization either in a village on the outskirts of Swansea or somewhere in Hungary.

Thought Hungary was mentioned somewhere here in the forum on this subject and it turned up when FF sent his threat emails - Subject: “Abuse towards French Government Ministers, Universities, Innocent Group of Companies and Private Individuals.”

We have outstanding investigations lodged with Governments in Slovakia and Hungary and Australia for Fraud suffered…
blah, blah.

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,27411.msg336381.html#msg336381

Can it be defined as either sourced at East Croydon or Hungary? Seems like an obscuring routing game. If it was never Croydon, Hungary is interesting.

A little more from Wiki on this webmaster6 in dantem’s link:

I think more eyes are needed on this little walled garden of articles and in particular the contributions of Webmaster6 who appears to have a WP:COI {COI – learned it means conflict of interest}. No need for wikipedia to become a mirror site for pseudoscientific websites, even if there is a slightly comical aspect to the whole thing (Santilli's magnegas - an alternative fuel based on his own new molecule, made from reprocessed human waste, tested on a Ferrari). Mathsci (talk) 10:33, 29 September 2009 (UTC)

Just following this at the bottom of the link:

Note: this editor also seems to be Quotient group (talk • contribs), probably a new account of A.K.Nole (talk • contribs • deleted contribs • logs • edit filter log • block user • block log).

Where we get possibly FF's other aliases as a Wikipedia sockpuppets of A.K.Nole:

Pages in category "Wikipedia sockpuppets of A.K.Nole"

The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total. This list may not reflect recent changes (learn more).
A
• User:A.B.C.Hawkes
H
• User:Holding Ray
J
• User:Julian Birdbath
Q
• User:Quotient group
T
• User:Taciki Wym
Z
• User:Zarboublian

If this is the guy, here is some history - example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=User_talk:A.K.Nole&action=history

Goodbye
Well, I'm off. Apparently Wikipedia is the sort of project where one user can pursue a campaign of threats, insults, misquotation, denigration and privacy violation, culminating in calling me a liar to my face and nobody bats an eyelid. A.K.Nole (talk) 06:25, 3 July 2009 (UTC)[

From this link we get reference to Waldyr Alves Rodrigues Jr. and his Curriculum Vitae link and some copywrite issue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Webmaster6

User talk:Webmaster6
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

Removal of PROD from Franco Selleri
Hello Webmaster6, this is an automated message from SDPatrolBot to inform you the PROD template you added to Franco Selleri has been removed. It was removed by Noq with the following edit summary '(Reverted good faith edits by 130.76.32.23; Prod can be removed by anyone and should not be re-instated - take it to WP:Articles for deletion. (TW))'. Please consider discussing your concerns with Noq before pursuing deletion further yourself. If you still think the article should be deleted after communicating with the 'dePRODer,' you may want to send the article to AfD for community discussion. Thank you, SDPatrolBot (talk) 20:31, 23 September 2009 (UTC) (Learn how to opt out of these messages)

Waldyr Alves Rodrigues Jr.

This is an automated message from CorenSearchBot. I have performed a web search with the contents of Waldyr Alves Rodrigues Jr., and it appears to include a substantial copy of http://www.ime.unicamp.br/~walrod/vitae.htm. For legal reasons, we cannot accept copyrighted text or images borrowed from other web sites or printed material; such additions will be deleted. You may use external websites as a source of information, but not as a source of sentences. See our copyright policy for further details.

This message was placed automatically, and it is possible that the bot is confused and found similarity where none actually exists. If that is the case, you can remove the tag from the article and it would be appreciated if you could drop a note on the maintainer's talk page. CorenSearchBot (talk) 07:53, 3 November 2009 (UTC)

This is all 2009 stuff and likely the tip of the old ice berg, which was later followed as the cores were investigated. Sure hope those from the many lists of scientists that were being entertained, "caught on" and made for the exit door.

Back
Top Bottom