STO vs STS contradiction?

Flinny, I think Ark was referring to ignorance within the creation rather than the ignorance of the Amish in particular, I'm confused as to why you would perceive it like that. Regardless, of course the Amish are ignorant of some things just as we are all ignorant of some things. Why would you suggest ignorance is an insult or a dirty word?

As to your comment about mirth, perhaps you should spend some more time in 'these environs' and look a little closer. There are many different kinds of people here, many different topics discussed. There are times when we can be mirthful and there are times when it seems completely inappropriate due to the seriousness and importance of the topics discussed, as many of us see it.

Re: The C's humour.

I think that laughter is a good defence against fear - against allowing it to defeat us, and our goals.

Its like, playing the benny hill tune in your mind when you're talking to someone who is really up themselves, who acts all powerful and thinks they're cool. Instead of getting all angry with them, or scared of them, you can secretly laugh and just deal with it without being "lead" by seriousness and fear. I'm not saying that seriousness isn't needed, but too much can be misleading I think, it can tempt us to do things that if we just slowed down and looked at the silly side of it, we could act with less pressure, and be more in control of ourselves.

Back
Top Bottom