Space ships?

Craig Kasnov an astrophysicist with SETI, claims that 3 objects are headed to earth. They are supposedly alien craft. Their ETA is estimated to be around December 2012, in correlation with Mayan calendar. Has anyone heard about this? And does anyone have information to divulge about these supposed alien craft, on the way to earth?

A quick web search returns the following, from the SETI website:

_http://www.seti.org/node/825

Internet Rumor of Inbound 2012 Spaceships Untrue
NO Spaceships Headed for Earth

Has the SETI Institute discovered three objects en route to our world? Alien spacecraft that will arrive in 2012?

If you believe a widespread story now being circulated on the internet, and published by the ironically named “Pravda” [_http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/22-12-2010/116314-giant_spaceships-0/], you might think so. But it’s all nonsense – it’s a rumor, a hoax, and a fabrication that uncritical web sites have reprinted without checking.

A few aspects of the story that are obviously suspect:

1 The objects, now described as a few hundred kilometers in size, and “beyond the orbit of Pluto”, were apparently discovered by SETI using the HAARP radio array. To begin with, the HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) instrument is located in Alaska. The position of the three “incoming” objects is given as -90 degrees declination – or the south celestial pole. Anyone versed in even elementary geometry can recognize that you can’t see this part of the sky from Alaska! In addition, and of clear import, neither the SETI Institute nor any other SETI project makes use of HAARP.
2 In the original version of this article _http://www.examiner.com/ufo-in-canada/3-very-large-objects-space-flying-to-earth, purported SETI astrophysicist Craig Kasnov is quoted as saying that the three objects are in-bound. No one named Craig Kasnov has ever worked at the SETI Institute. There is a media and conservation professional by name of Craig Kasnoff, who – with David Gedye – came up with the idea of the SETI@home screen saver many years ago. But he has explicitly noted that he has nothing to do with this story, and in fact the article itself points out that it is referencing “Kasnov” not “Kasnoff.” So the story rests on the testimony of a fictional character.
3 If the SETI Institute had, indeed, found three clearly artificial objects headed for Earth (or just about anywhere else), that news would be found here on its web site. It would also be in the mainstream media. It’s not.

The putative arrival in 2012 of objects from another world is no more believable than the Mayan calendar claim that the world will end in that same year, internet stories notwithstanding!

Dr. Seth Shostak
Senior Astronomer, SETI Institute

This would not be the first time that we see Pravda making up stories out of thin air - which is why you will not see Pravda stories on Sott.

Whenever you see a sensational story like this, try looking for confirmation from different sources. But beware, there are many forums and sites that will uncritically copy the original (fake) source, so it's not enough to google it and be satisfied with a list of different links. You have to verify where the links got their info. If you have names of 'experts', see if they do have credentials elsewhere on the web - or if they even exist in the first place!

Also, you could do this little digging before posting on the forum, to save time to the rest of us and to exercise your own research skills. :)

For what it is worth, I came across this information last August (2011), which even included the coordinates where these objects are.

Here are the coordinates to use, once you go to http://www.sky-map.org/

19 25 12 -89 46 03 - the first large object

16 19 35 -88 43 10 - a cylindrical object

02 26 39 -89 43 13 - the object as a circle

I have not checked recently to see that they have not been 'deleted' from the map, but this is where they were visible on the map last August.

A few reasons why you shouldn't pay attention to such stories:

• Alien craft labelled as "object" or "spaceship" -- in the alien realm of hyperdimensions it appears unlikely that they would appear as static, solid objects for a longer period of time. In short, it is promoting alien technology to me made of "nuts and bolts"
  • Specific coordinates in space and/or time -- precision for one aspect of a future event comes at the cost of another aspect (Uncertainty principle)
  • HAARP described as an observation tool -- rather it seems to be used as mind control machine using all kinds of waves
  • It mentions the Mayan calendar -- indicating long-outdated New Age sources

Hi Data,

FWIW to anyone, there were objects on the map at the coordinates I gave. Maybe the pixels in the map were manipulated by some bored grad student left in charge for too long! And yes, the part about how they "will be here in December 2012" sounds a bit far-fetched!!

If indeed these are actual non-concocted 3D-being-made objects, how far away / how far back in time are these objects?

I am very much working with the information that the 'reptilian aliens' are really hyperdimensional beings that have been interacting with life on Earth for thousands of years.

But there could well be 3D beings on other planets that have acquired the technology for space travel. Do any of these have the technological means to 'visit' us here? Because the distances are so great it seems that somehow traveling 'faster than the speed of light' would be necessary to get here. Also, for anyone else to 'know' that there is a planet with exploitable water-based life forms 'here' and 'now' (within the past 10s of thousands of years, or maybe 100s of thousands of years) would mean that only those pretty close to us would know that there is a planet here, much less one with water and life. Unless there was a way to 'see' us here that was independent of/faster than the speed of light.

All good questions, lake_george. See, none of these 'authors' ask such questions, because if they would do, they would fall over their own stupidity -- provided that the author is not intentionally feigning such stories.

lake_george said:
Hi Data,

FWIW to anyone, there were objects on the map at the coordinates I gave. Maybe the pixels in the map were manipulated by some bored grad student left in charge for too long! And yes, the part about how they "will be here in December 2012" sounds a bit far-fetched!!

If indeed these are actual non-concocted 3D-being-made objects, how far away / how far back in time are these objects?

I am very much working with the information that the 'reptilian aliens' are really hyperdimensional beings that have been interacting with life on Earth for thousands of years.

But there could well be 3D beings on other planets that have acquired the technology for space travel. Do any of these have the technological means to 'visit' us here? Because the distances are so great it seems that somehow traveling 'faster than the speed of light' would be necessary to get here. Also, for anyone else to 'know' that there is a planet with exploitable water-based life forms 'here' and 'now' (within the past 10s of thousands of years, or maybe 100s of thousands of years) would mean that only those pretty close to us would know that there is a planet here, much less one with water and life. Unless there was a way to 'see' us here that was independent of/faster than the speed of light.

There very well could be 3D beings with ability to travel space, the sheer volume of stars with possible life sustaining planets would argue a high probability-as to whether or not they would have the technology to visit us-well if we can assume the existence of said beings, why not assume they may have the means (to travel space) as well?

We have been informed through the Cassiopean source that the Nephilim (they are supposed to be 3D beings that live in 4D-how that works, I have no clue) are supposed to be returning in 3 craft, each housing 12 million Nephilim... so if true, we might posit they have obviously surmounted the problems of traversing "space" it could also be someone is playing with that information and threading it into the whole 2012 hyperbola to create a panic

That being said-it would not be necessary to exceed speed of light to travel these distances-there are ways to do so without light speed, such as suspended animation or building a "space ark" in which generations might live to reach a faraway planet...or perhaps build advanced robots that could explore vastly distant star systems-or just because they are 3D doesn't mean their technology couldn't be advanced enough to include hyperspatial travel or some other novel method

As to "knowing" about a suitable planet-even with our current technology we are able to "see" planets in orbit around a star far away-dozens have been discovered to date-we can even determine if they might be gaseous planets or rocky worlds similar to our own-and by using criteria for life on our own planet determine if the planet might possibly sustain life-they can even determine approximately what type atmosphere might be there and if there might be water available-all crucial to determining sustainability (however- we fall down here ASSUMING all life forms are going to have the same requirements or even resemble life as we know it-this may NOT necessarily be the case, as this has been found to be so even on Earth)

In the case of our own planet-we have been tossing out radio and tv signals for decades-and have even invited ET to come calling with some space probes- SOMETHING has been visiting us for a long time-there are just too many reports of interactions with possible extraterrestrial beings, some of which may possibly be 3D entities which have been passing through (and with the possibility of the Wave and a chance to elevate to 4th Density, with Earth a locus point- sure to attract any 3D entities with such capability) and or are assisting 4D STS entities in their endeavour to subjigate our populace

As to SETI posting on their website if they found ET vessels inbound...not too sure they would do that. The knowledge there were ACTUAL space ships inbound would be repressed-even if initially put up on the site they would more than likely be forced to remove it by Strategic Air Command or some other agency and forced to issue some nonsense to cover it up

tschai said:
We have been informed through the Cassiopean source that the Nephilim (they are supposed to be 3D beings that live in 4D-how that works, I have no clue) are supposed to be returning in 3 craft, each housing 12 million Nephilim... so if true, we might posit they have obviously surmounted the problems of traversing "space" it could also be someone is playing with that information and threading it into the whole 2012 hyperbola to create a panic

Regarding this, see this session: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,18906.0.html

Windmill knight said:
A quick web search returns the following, from the SETI website:

_http://www.seti.org/node/825

Internet Rumor of Inbound 2012 Spaceships Untrue
NO Spaceships Headed for Earth

Has the SETI Institute discovered three objects en route to our world? Alien spacecraft that will arrive in 2012?

If you believe a widespread story now being circulated on the internet, and published by the ironically named “Pravda” [_http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/22-12-2010/116314-giant_spaceships-0/], you might think so. But it’s all nonsense – it’s a rumor, a hoax, and a fabrication that uncritical web sites have reprinted without checking.

A few aspects of the story that are obviously suspect:

1 The objects, now described as a few hundred kilometers in size, and “beyond the orbit of Pluto”, were apparently discovered by SETI using the HAARP radio array. To begin with, the HAARP (High Frequency Active Auroral Research Program) instrument is located in Alaska. The position of the three “incoming” objects is given as -90 degrees declination – or the south celestial pole. Anyone versed in even elementary geometry can recognize that you can’t see this part of the sky from Alaska! In addition, and of clear import, neither the SETI Institute nor any other SETI project makes use of HAARP.
2 In the original version of this article _http://www.examiner.com/ufo-in-canada/3-very-large-objects-space-flying-to-earth, purported SETI astrophysicist Craig Kasnov is quoted as saying that the three objects are in-bound. No one named Craig Kasnov has ever worked at the SETI Institute. There is a media and conservation professional by name of Craig Kasnoff, who – with David Gedye – came up with the idea of the SETI@home screen saver many years ago. But he has explicitly noted that he has nothing to do with this story, and in fact the article itself points out that it is referencing “Kasnov” not “Kasnoff.” So the story rests on the testimony of a fictional character.
3 If the SETI Institute had, indeed, found three clearly artificial objects headed for Earth (or just about anywhere else), that news would be found here on its web site. It would also be in the mainstream media. It’s not.

The putative arrival in 2012 of objects from another world is no more believable than the Mayan calendar claim that the world will end in that same year, internet stories notwithstanding!

Dr. Seth Shostak
Senior Astronomer, SETI Institute

This would not be the first time that we see Pravda making up stories out of thin air - which is why you will not see Pravda stories on Sott.

Whenever you see a sensational story like this, try looking for confirmation from different sources. But beware, there are many forums and sites that will uncritically copy the original (fake) source, so it's not enough to google it and be satisfied with a list of different links. You have to verify where the links got their info. If you have names of 'experts', see if they do have credentials elsewhere on the web - or if they even exist in the first place!

Also, you could do this little digging before posting on the forum, to save time to the rest of us and to exercise your own research skills. :)

I did post the article without doing any homework on it. But I looked into it further this morning, and the hoax explanation definitely is credible. Even after I read over the article a few times, I started thinking to myself, this just sounds like a bunch of bologna!!!! Just New Age, Mayan 2012 doomsday hysteria, conceived by Cointelpro as total disinformation.

Moderator edit: fixed quotes

A lie is always better swallowed when coated with bits of truth.

Three alien ships coming our way? Quite possible if we refer to the C's.

An ETA? I highly doubt so. Future is open. Even if the Wave is getting closer, there is still a great part of uncertainty left.

HAARP being an observation tool? I don't think so.

Seems like they are trying to convince us that there are no ships coming by associating this to 2012 hysteria. So they give us a bit of (obvious) truth (2012 doomsday is not real) but cover a major important upcoming event (three ships coming). I don't know. It smells bad.

You tell me what you think.

Add to that the crop circles in 2012 where appear to be three ships like snakes objects. Smells bad...

DreamGod said:
Add to that the crop circles in 2012 where appear to be three ships like snakes objects. Smells bad...

Yeah I have seen these.

Interesting to say the least...

DreamGod said:
True indeed, now the thing is : we are discussing them here, and it seems for a few people that those crops are not from a really good "quality" :)

One interpretation in the middle of many is that it could be some 4D STS cheap work.

Please consider that everything I say here is really "open*" and proposed* for further* interpretation/investigation* on your own :)

(*not sure of my english here)

Oxajil said:
tschai said:

Regarding this, see this session: http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,18906.0.html
Thank you for that link, a lot :)

What I mean is that all this seems to be with the intention of make the people believe that something is coming, they bring this kind of news about the three objects, then the crop circles has something alike to the point of three things that maybe interpreted as ships, and then there are more crop circles with a polar calendar on it pointing to August 4th... So... We know because of the C´s about this nephilim ships coming this way, but despite they are 3D, they live in 4D, so I dont believe we will notice when they approach as they will not appear in our 3D reallity till they get in here.

Thats my thought

On top of that, what I do believe is about the comet cluster thing, that some will notice when they enter the solar system but secret goverment will try to camuflage the news trying to desinform with all those thing about nibiru and pluto as a binary planet etc... and meanwhile they will make a lot of mess here in the politics or syria or olympic games to distract people and keep them ocuppied on other things, because as I believe, this is about to get ugly in no more than a year, and by ugly i mean some big fireworks in the sky.

DreamGod said:
What I mean is that all this seems to be with the intention of make the people believe that something is coming, they bring this kind of news about the three objects, then the crop circles has something alike to the point of three things that maybe interpreted as ships, and then there are more crop circles with a polar calendar on it pointing to August 4th... So... We know because of the C´s about this nephilim ships coming this way, but despite they are 3D, they live in 4D, so I dont believe we will notice when they approach as they will not appear in our 3D reallity till they get in here.

Thats my thought
I have to say that you make a point here indeed :)

DreamGod said:
On top of that, what I do believe is about the comet cluster thing, that some will notice when they enter the solar system but secret goverment will try to camuflage the news trying to desinform with all those thing about nibiru and pluto as a binary planet etc... and meanwhile they will make a lot of mess here in the politics or syria or olympic games to distract people and keep them ocuppied on other things, because as I believe, this is about to get ugly in no more than a year, and by ugly i mean some big fireworks in the sky.
Sometimes I wonder if there is really some real camouflage tentatives or if they are just faking it in order to get the attention on them.

I would tend to follow your point of view here :)

Back
Top Bottom