Soundtracks and Scores

this sound track is amazing .. this is live version by The Danish National Symphony Orchestra & Tuva Semmingsen (great film too if you like westerns)

no sound track thread would be complete without Hans Zimmer ;)

Someone brought up Blade Runner. Yeah, that was where my first thought went. Amazing score, it's practically a character on its own in the movie.

Occasionally I will bring up the different soundtracks for the game Civilization on YT to listen to. Each civilization in the game has its own music, and then there are different songs for each Era that the player is in while playing.

I think the one I most liked was the Ottoman Industrial Era song which builds to a fantastic crescendo at about 2:44:

Also the Maori civilization's music deserves a shoutout:

Then there's the beautiful music of the Zulu:

Last edited:
Nice choices Alejo.. Always loved the Final Fantasy music. I've not listened to orchestral/piano arrangements before.. I still like the original cheesy sound chip/MIDI/FM/whatever versions :) e.g.:
That's quite amazing, because you like the more complex versions because you've gotten to listen to the simpler ones.. it's like listening to the same song on a higher density of existence :-0 like Balam Garden.. here it is in orchestra or have you ever listened to this album?

Today I would like to share with you all some of the work of Bear McCreary, has some great work but I noticed him with his work for the truly excellent game God of War (2018) and its sequel Ragnarok.

Rae's Lament, for a viking funeral.

this one, if you're familiar with the story, kind of tells a story of transformation.

Blood upon the snow

Ashes

A good soundtrack is like another character in the film, an inner voice that takes you by the hand, it's like the spirit of the film. I love Kurosawa's films and the music in them.

The Throne Of Blood​

Seven Samurai​

Ran​

Today I would like to share with you all some of the work of Bear McCreary
He has some amazing work indeed!!

for the sci-fi fans -- one of the best series of all time IMO

Outlander main theme song

This one is not for the faint of heart, Mick Gordon's soundtrack for DOOM (the game) is just amazing, the game would have not have been half as good without it IMO and he's an Aussie, so extra points for me :headbanger:

He has some amazing work indeed!!
He absolutely does!!

Today, Hans Zimmer, very famous and a very vast amount of work. There's plenty of compilations online and some of his concerts look very nice, he's a few of the ones that I've always liked that I keep going back to:

Now we are free

Flight

A small measure of peace

To the opera

What are you going to do when you're not saving the world?

Back
Top Bottom