sott.net offline?

I get an error 522 message: connection timed out trying to access sott.net - how is the connection for others?

SMM said:
I get an error 522 message: connection timed out trying to access sott.net - how is the connection for others?

I get an error 521 here.

Although it seems to be fixed now, I still want to tell you about my side of this hiccup.

I first noticed something amiss late last night (local time ca. 23.40 hours) when I got the time out warning only trying to refresh my already existing connection wit SotT to get the latest updates on the news just before going to bed. Therefore I didn't have the time left to signal it here at that moment. Sorry about that.

This afternoon (around 17.00 hours local time) I tried to access SotT for the first time thereafter.
Now, I first got the time out warning again. I subsequently cleared my cache (Firefox) and tried again.

This time round the front page loaded albeit awfully slowly and with many errors, especially in the photographs and videos sections as well as other pictures like logos, buttons and banners. After refreshing again several times consecutively, I finally managed to get a complete front page and didn't encounter any problems after that.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

EDIT: minor spelling

So I wonder what is happening? THis is weird, check it out :

kaqxk3.png

It seems to be getting "lost" between those 2 IPS : 168.208.100.101 and 168.209.100.102 ??

Strange, i have no access problems at the moment. Did you try to clean up your DNS cache?
Added: µ-torr**t icon: LOL!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see that you DNS was pointing to the right IP address, looks like you are temporarily directed to the twilight zone.

It was working when I got to work, now it's suddenly offline again. Except it's giving the "proper" error message here :

down.png

Sorry, I dunno, it's back. Sorry for the noise - not sure what's going on but maybe there is constant attack ... ? Again, apologies, it's back up - I see.

I've noticed few times in the last days that for moment the connection to sott.net has been lost. Usually comes back quite quickly. I didn't write down the error code but it might have been the same 521 that IncenDiary posted.

IncenDiary, that looks like some kind of routing problem. The 2 alternating IP addresses were for some company called C.H. Robinson. :huh:

Sometimes (like yesterday) SOTT was down several times because I was working on it. Sometimes, CloudFlare (which we use for SOTT) is down or does wonky things, but if you wait a few minutes, they fix it.

And, every day, there are several automated backups and updaters that run. During some of those events, some servers are taken offline for a few minutes.

So, if the forum or SOTT is down for more like 10 minutes, usually something is wrong.

;)

I get an error 520 message: 'Web server is returning an unknown error' - how is the connection for others?

sToRmR1dR said:
I get an error 520 message: 'Web server is returning an unknown error' - how is the connection for others?

My connexion is very bad also. No error message but other things, too long when looking for an article, etc. Horrible. I loose my temper. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom