Some will even get chills.

ctw5000

Padawan Learner
I read the last transcript before the Coronavirus news came out. When it started getting press it immediately reminded me of this line the C’s used when referring to big changes. I wonder how much news the Chinese government is suppressing?
Thoughts?

The virus doesn't give me chills. The quarantine does!

Well, viruses definitely do give chills that manifest as an effect of a high fever. I don't know why a person feels like they are freezing when they have a high fever, but it seems to be the way it is. I can remember coming down with a bug and I was shaking so bad I could barely walk and my teeth were chattering so hard I thought they would break! Meanwhile, I had a high fever! Go figure.

I find this explanation and it's a possible good one

Source : Pourquoi a t-on des frissons quand on a de la fièvre ou de la température ?

When you are sick, the infectious agent causes the body to react, releasing substances that cause fever. Via the bloodstream, they reach a small area of the brain: the hypothalamus.
Responsible for thermoregulation, this area of the central nervous system is normally responsible for maintaining body temperature at around 37°C. But in this case, the thermoregulation system causes the temperature to rise.

> On the one hand, it limits the body's heat loss by reducing blood circulation on the surface of the skin. This phenomenon of vasoconstriction makes it possible to minimise the amount of heat transported by the blood from the deep organs to the surface of the skin. The skin then cools.

> On the other hand, it increases heat production by creating shivers. Muscle tone increases, as muscles contract involuntarily releasing muscle energy that contributes to increasing body temperature.
The shivers are often accompanied by goose bumps, also known as "horripilation". It is due to the presence of small muscles at the base of the hair. As they contract, they straighten the hair, creating small bumps on the surface of the skin.

an other explanation is the difference between our inter temperature rising and the normal temperature in the room, more the difference it is, more you will feel cold. FWIW

Well, viruses definitely do give chills that manifest as an effect of a high fever. I don't know why a person feels like they are freezing when they have a high fever, but it seems to be the way it is. I can remember coming down with a bug and I was shaking so bad I could barely walk and my teeth were chattering so hard I thought they would break! Meanwhile, I had a high fever! Go figure.

i always assumed it was your body’s way of ensuring you do not go to try cooling yourself off. And it also allows for extra sweating, it always plays like that for me... so much so that sometimes it felt like the amount of sweating, relative to the fever, was what “got me better” Even though I know the process is a lot more complex than that.

That's interesting - I haven't known of these mechanisms before in this detailed way. I looked up the German word ("Schüttelfrost") for this phenomenon in an online dictionary and the American English word "chills and fever" came up among others (a literal translation of the German word would be "shivering freeze"). Quite figurative description imo, especially as the two occur alongside each other.

This result also goes along with the descriptions posted by Abats and Keit, in how the hypothalamus of the brain acts like a thermostate to regulate our body temperature up and down not only in the normal state but especially in "extreme" states like an infection, or when the body is situated in a (really) cold (or hot) environment. The muscles are made to contract (shivering) in order to generate the heat needed to raise the body temperature in terms of fighting bugs or to just keep it warm (when situated in a cold environment).

In looking up the session in question (from 28th of December), this quote from the Cs may be relevant here:

Now, we would like to say something of interest to all: Soon things in your realm will become very chaotic and strange. It will give chills to many. Be not alarmed! It will pass and there will be a new reality to explore. Cosmic forces will be displayed and there will be many searching for answers. Be prepared to give the help that is needed. Be together in love and peace.

Regarding the Coronavirus pandemic (mentioned by the thread starter), as I see it right now, the way how the media portrays it seems to be more of a scaremongering than a "real" pandemic on a larger scale (like the Spanish flu for ex.). But it gives chills to many already, given how many people still believe what comes through the media without questioning it. There could be a frightening (chilling) agenda behind that, i.e. making them receptive for a vaccine like the following one which is being developed in a rash program by the US National Health Institutes: Vaccine for the China virus—the planet is the guinea pig for a vast experiment (an article about alternative treatment & preparation protocols has been posted on SOTT, which may actually help).

Given the quoted passage, the line mentioning the chills makes me think of many other things which may be due and which will be "real" things and have the potential to send chills to many. One other example (aside from a pandemic which may indeed be one of a scale like the Black Death even) may be an impending ice age - which would give chills to many not only physically, but also in finding out how they have been lied to (global warming and Greta Thunberg comes to mind). And it would cause many to ask questions.

Back
Top Bottom