Session 30 August 2014

Mr. Scott said:
ska said:
re cold showers - I find as soon as I get my head used to the temperture the rest of my body adjusts very quickly.
I get under at a more tolerable temperature , (warm not hot) but turn it right down to cold fairly quickly.

I have tried baths too, but they really are too much for me bare, although my wife has cold baths and just about tolerates them.
(albeit with some startling noises coming from the bathroom in the first few minutes!)

Despite the initial discomfort, we both feel they are worth doing and feel good afterwards.

I think there are benefits to both cold showers and baths.

First of all, I would say it's probably not a very good idea to jump into a 10C bath to start with. That's way too big of a shock for most people. Even getting into a swimming pool at 20C is pretty cold for most of us!

Second, it seems from some of the stuff I've read that getting your head wet/cold is essential, particularly the neck area. This is exactly what we don't want to do, because when the cold hits your head, you either hyperventilate, or hold your breath. So, my solution was to force myself to breathe in and out of the mouth consistently, forcefully, and quickly - but not like panting... more like "faster deep breathing". The minute I did this, suddenly the cold became tolerable. Still, I worked my way up.

It also appears that taking a hot shower first, and then hitting yourself with the cold still gives the benefits. Personally, I prefer Maximum Cold. There are days, though, where I just can't take it. Sometimes, if I'm feeling a bit sick or achy, the cold shower helps. Other times, I start instantly shivering, and up goes the temperature knob. It depends.

Third, it's kind of complicated. Water is a better conductor of heat than air. In a bath, the minute you get in, you're raising the temperature of the water, but at least your body is in full contact with the water until you get out. In a cold shower, the temperature of the water flowing over you is constant, but you have to stay in the water. On the other hand, you DON'T have to stay in the water stream, which can be useful when you're adapting!

I've found it's useful to pre-rinse with full cold (head first), then turn the water pressure down and do the soapification stage (in the now cold air of the shower, which is technically further chilling since I'm wet and the air in the shower is not hot and steamy), and then do a full power, full cold thorough final rinse (I actually turn the water pressure up to max for the rinsing to maximize coldness). In the winter especially, my fingers will stay cold and numb for about an hour afterwards. That's a bit disconcerting, but it doesn't hurt anything. Also, a cold shower after a workout is FABULOUS for quick healing/rebuilding... I rarely have sore muscles the day after anymore. Got sore feet? Take a cold shower and blast the soles of your feet with extra cold water for a bit. It works wonders for me. I swear I can actually hear them saying, "Thank you! Thank you!" in squeaky little voices.

There is another interesting benefit from cold showers: take cold showers in the winter, and your skin will be UBER soft and shiny - but not oily. This is apparently because cold water causes your skin's pores to contract, so the soap doesn't deplete the skin of oils and moisture as much. If you have normally dry skin, this is a wonderful benefit. As for cold showers in the winter, prepare to get under some blankets and warm yourself up good afterwards, especially if you're on the skinny side.

Cold showers have also been shown to help improve mood. I don't know how it works, but it does.

Finally, if you're "well-insulated", don't assume that you're not getting any benefit unless you're shivering like an earthquake afterwards. I get goosebumps sometimes, but I very rarely shiver. I still feel the benefits. Just be sure to get your neck and head cold, and find colder water if possible. As Pierre noted, you are still most likely getting some benefits from the "not cold enough" shower/bath.

As for cold air, I'd say some experiments are in order!
Been doing cold showers for about 20 or so years. But a little different - I start increasing temperature till as hot as I can bare then go complete cold for as long as I can bare too. It sounds strange but I've had no other reason to do this than feeling good. The good effect had been OK with extreme temperatures - hot or cold. If I just do hot, I don't like it, if I just do cold, I don't feel as refreshed. I don't know if beginning with the hot part detracts from or adds to the benefits? Personally feels like it adds from my experience at least

I want to ask about "truth brigade". I know it is something on twitter. I`m new on tweeter and can somebody explain to me what is that and how can i contribute or join this. Is that a group or something else.
Thank you

Konstantin said:
I want to ask about "truth brigade". I know it is something on twitter. I`m new on tweeter and can somebody explain to me what is that and how can i contribute or join this. Is that a group or something else.
Thank you

See the thread Russian "Invasion" of Ukraine. Anyone can join in, sharing some truthful articles, videos, etc. (Similarly, this also goes for other important subjects, and there's plenty to be found on SOTT.)

Thank you very much for another very informative session. Let's "Ice bucket challenged us" under the shower :)

Thanks once more time !

I started taking my shower with cold water. It quite hard, especially the head...
I hope it will help me with my continuous headhaches while I won't try SRT.

I did it from warm to cold (19°C by default and it's cold enough for the beginning).
But I will try the idea to get up to hot first.
And I am going to try to convince my wife and young children to do so. I'm not too optimistic on that part... :)

Heaalih said:
Thanks once more time !

I started taking my shower with cold water. It quite hard, especially the head...

I did it from warm to cold (19°C by default and it's cold enough for the beginning).
And I am going to try to convince my wife and young children to do so. I'm not too optimistic on that part... :)

Are you drinking enough distilled water and getting enough minerals (magnesium, potassium, and salt) on a daily basis? Headaches can result from lack of clean water/minerals. Also getting enough nutrients from your diet? And on that note, are you on organic keto diet and avoiding things like grains, milk, and soy entirely? Continuous headaches can also be a result of mononucleosis (the kissing disease), but in that case they shouldn't last more than 2-3 weeks or so as you recover. Also, how is your gut health? If you had any anti-biotics lately I'd recommend some good digestive enzymes and pro-biotics. Also, tension headaches can result from overstressing your body physically either by working out, having a bad posture, etc.

Headaches aren't "normal" and unless you had a tumor or something, are usually completely and permanently eliminated when you introduce what may be lacking, or eliminate a chemical/substance that may be causing it (like an inflammatory food). I used to get a headache once a month, almost on schedule, but since I switched to clean keto (and thereby eliminated toxic and inflammatory foods as well), they're completely gone. Hope the above helps, nip the headaches in the bud!

Edit: If coffee can relieve some headaches by constricting blood vessels, it's possible a cold shower may actually have a similar effect! Also I forgot to mention that headaches can be part of a detox process, and the cold shower would definitely help speed up detox, so if that's your particular cause, it may help you get past that stage quicker. I have read that going between hot and cold helps with detox as it causes blood to rush deep inside your organs during cold, collect the toxins, and then rush back out during hot exposure and eliminate them. Something to consider!

Mr. Scott said:
It also appears that taking a hot shower first, and then hitting yourself with the cold still gives the benefits.

That's good to hear, because we finally got hot water (hopefully I won't jinx it) so I planned on having proper hot showers, but then in the end to rinse myself (including the head) with cold water only for 5-10 minutes.

In reference to this session discussion on the comet pause. I'm apparently not so good with the search function, but didn't the C's say some years back about the comets, starting like a light rain, pausing, then coming in earnest ? I'm paraphrasing of course, but does anyone else remember that ?

Laura said:
Q: (Carlisle) In the last session, you mentioned cold protocols as an aid to help fight off Ebola and strengthen the immune system. We were wondering what kind of temperature, duration, and frequency of cold exposure is optimal for this?

A: Ten to fifteen C, and same number of minutes. Daily is best initially, but four times weekly for maintenance. The approach can be gradual.

Question: Does the cold protocol require immersion or direct contact with water of the specified temperature, or could it be done by going outside in a pair of shorts (or nude) for the requisite time period, in 10 - 15 C ambient outside air temperature?

Edit: Oops, I posted this question before reading through the entire thread. I see that Laura already answered the same question from Davy72. So I guess dry cold works too. Going out on the deck in the early morning, upon awakening, when its around 12 C, will certainly get the juices flowing for the day... and save water.

Laura said:
(Alada) There was apparently an electromagnetic storm, but there wasn't any related CME or plasma release to seemingly cause this, but there was a weakening of the Earth's shield. What caused this suddenly weakening of Earth's shield?

A: Surge of energy between sun and companion. This reduced the electrical flow to earth, thus weakening the field and increasing the flow of cosmic rays.

There was actually a HUGE eruption on the side of the sun facing away from us. It was the biggest I've ever seen, too.

https://youtu.be/xWXYLH44T7U
(_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWXYLH44T7U&list=UUTiL1q9YbrVam5nP2xzFTWQ)

I watch this guy's news on a daily basis. If you follow the Electric Universe model and like to watch the sun, I highly recommend this news source.

Thank you for this session !

And for asking the question about cold protocols - I could not remember!

It will get a little BRRRRR!! in the morning, I think singing and screaming will be helpful! Hopefully succuessful and fit afterwards!

Thanks to all of you who described your way of doing it! Very helpful!

And what I find interesting is that Laura's being tired is a symptom of changing her DNA . . .

maybe sometimes it happens to all of us this way?

:D

Taking cold showers was always easier after about 60-70 minutes of high intensity exercise. Running combined w. muscle work. Outside in summer and inside in winter. In winter inside we got heated from exercise then we ran out bare feet in snow for a quick soccer match. If instead of cold, a normal shower was taken, my body remained "simmering", sweating, always needed more time to cool down. Applies for male bodies more probably: larger muscle mass kept worked seems to generate more retained heat, that dissipates slowly.

Maybe having a noticeable fat layer - above the muscles - could help with retaining warmth after work/exercise in the cold winter more?

SAO said:
Heaalih said:
Thanks once more time !

Are you drinking enough distilled water and getting enough minerals (magnesium, potassium, and salt) on a daily basis? Headaches can result from lack of clean water/minerals. Also getting enough nutrients from your diet? And on that note, are you on organic keto diet and avoiding things like grains, milk, and soy entirely? Continuous headaches can also be a result of mononucleosis (the kissing disease), but in that case they shouldn't last more than 2-3 weeks or so as you recover. Also, how is your gut health? If you had any anti-biotics lately I'd recommend some good digestive enzymes and pro-biotics. Also, tension headaches can result from overstressing your body physically either by working out, having a bad posture, etc.

Headaches aren't "normal" and unless you had a tumor or something, are usually completely and permanently eliminated when you introduce what may be lacking, or eliminate a chemical/substance that may be causing it (like an inflammatory food)....

Another source of chronic headaches can be a spinal subluxation, the result of an old accident or fall. In addition to the headache, are there any neck, shoulder or back pains? That would be telling, and a trip to a reputable chiropractor could end the problem for once and for all. It worked for my daughter's migraines, and I had to nearly drag her to the doctor for an adjustment. She had been programmed to believe that chiropractic was quackery.

Keit said:
Mr. Scott said:
It also appears that taking a hot shower first, and then hitting yourself with the cold still gives the benefits.

That's good to hear, because we finally got hot water (hopefully I won't jinx it) so I planned on having proper hot showers, but then in the end to rinse myself (including the head) with cold water only for 5-10 minutes.

That's how I've began the cold shower experiment. I'll start out hot, then gradually go cooler until I "hit the wall". I've been focusing on the head and neck area, so it's good to hear that area is important. I haven't made it up to 5 minutes yet, but I'm hoping that I will find more courage as I get used to the cold.

Heimdallr said:
Keit said:
Mr. Scott said:

That's how I've began the cold shower experiment. I'll start out hot, then gradually go cooler until I "hit the wall". I've been focusing on the head and neck area, so it's good to hear that area is important. I haven't made it up to 5 minutes yet, but I'm hoping that I will find more courage as I get used to the cold.

I do the same since some time, when I'm feeling not too well I first start with a hot shower and then doing the cold one, but always first making my arms wet, legs and so on before I get under it. I think there will also be a point that you don't like hot showers anymore (or not that much) and that they get more uncomfortable, at least this is my experience. Anyway, it is basically a training getting used to it and even liking it.

Back
Top Bottom