Session 30 August 2014

ROEL said:
Avala said:
Don’t do it if you are planning to go to sleep after shower, it awakes you. Also don’t do it if you are sick, feeling low on energy or hungry (great appetite booster BTW)

I remember clearly that yogis recommend washing your feet with cold water before going to bed. They explain that it helps falling asleep. FWIW.

My experience with taking cold showers before bed has so far been that first it wakes you up/refreshes you, but some time later the tiredness sets in and the sleep seems to be deeper.

Wow, what a great way to start the week, with another session!

(Carlisle) You mentioned in the last session that Putin is part of the same soul group as Caesar. We want to know how many people currently alive are part of this soul group, and if possible could you name any names? [laughter]

A: No and no. A soul group doesn't work quite that way.

Q: (L) Now you HAD to do that! Open a can of worms!

I can't wait to see what this can of worms is going to look like! :P

Thanks to everyone for all their energy that they are putting into these sessions and getting connected to the C's !

I have use cold water for about two years now. During a short part of the winter the water was probably arround 5°C. And the house temps below 10°C. That was probably counter productive to get so cold.

Today I have take my first cold bath. Water was 18,5°C when I got in and 19,5°C when I got out 15 minutes later.

That's quite a shock !

After the initial shock during the first 30 seconds or so I did pipe breathing and it was not very difficult until the 5 last minutes or so where I was shivering. But I didn't shiver so much afterward.

Many thanks for this session L & co. I must have missed a session that referred to the cold treatment. Must look it up.

Laura said:
(Alada) There was apparently an electromagnetic storm, but there wasn't any related CME or plasma release to seemingly cause this, but there was a weakening of the Earth's shield. What caused this suddenly weakening of Earth's shield?
A: Surge of energy between sun and companion. This reduced the electrical flow to earth, thus weakening the field and increasing the flow of cosmic rays.
Q: (Alada) Is there a similar effect on a human scale that weakens us, maybe against this virus activity?
A: Oh indeed!!!

Oh that is just a perfect match for what I have been wondering about. We have very long running coughs ("the 100 day cough"), recurring colds etc going on down in NZ. Things you just can't shake off, that don't completely clear up for weeks & weeks that would normally be over in a week or so. I have been blaming the air conditioning at work... :rolleyes:

We have had a very mild winter & are just coming into spring. The sun already has quite a bit of heat in it. I am not looking forward to full summer.

Thank You for the session :hug:

672446_AB_01_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

38C for the good start :headbanger:

Aiming said:
ROEL said:
Avala said:
Don’t do it if you are planning to go to sleep after shower, it awakes you. Also don’t do it if you are sick, feeling low on energy or hungry (great appetite booster BTW)

I remember clearly that yogis recommend washing your feet with cold water before going to bed. They explain that it helps falling asleep. FWIW.

My experience with taking cold showers before bed has so far been that first it wakes you up/refreshes you, but some time later the tiredness sets in and the sleep seems to be deeper.

Yeah, I took cold showers before bed and an hour or so later, I fell right to sleep.

Laura said:
Q: (Carlisle) In the last session, you mentioned cold protocols as an aid to help fight off Ebola and strengthen the immune system. We were wondering what kind of temperature, duration, and frequency of cold exposure is optimal for this?

A: Ten to fifteen C, and same number of minutes. Daily is best initially, but four times weekly for maintenance. The approach can be gradual.

Q: (Andromeda) God...

You took the words (or word rather) right out of my mouth Andromeda! When I get cold it takes aaaages before I manage to get the chill out of my bones. I will admit that I'm rather nervous about trying this. :scared:

Thanks for yet another great session :thup:

Darek said:
Digital shower thermometer

_https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7X8G3m0xWcc

Thanks Darek. Now I know what I want for Christmas.

Bugger, it's only 10-15°c as maximum day temperature... That's not very warm.... Do I have to get wet or can I just go outside with not many clothes on to get the benefits?

ska said:
re cold showers - I find as soon as I get my head used to the temperture the rest of my body adjusts very quickly.
I get under at a more tolerable temperature , (warm not hot) but turn it right down to cold fairly quickly.

I have tried baths too, but they really are too much for me bare, although my wife has cold baths and just about tolerates them.
(albeit with some startling noises coming from the bathroom in the first few minutes!)

Despite the initial discomfort, we both feel they are worth doing and feel good afterwards.

I think there are benefits to both cold showers and baths.

First of all, I would say it's probably not a very good idea to jump into a 10C bath to start with. That's way too big of a shock for most people. Even getting into a swimming pool at 20C is pretty cold for most of us!

Second, it seems from some of the stuff I've read that getting your head wet/cold is essential, particularly the neck area. This is exactly what we don't want to do, because when the cold hits your head, you either hyperventilate, or hold your breath. So, my solution was to force myself to breathe in and out of the mouth consistently, forcefully, and quickly - but not like panting... more like "faster deep breathing". The minute I did this, suddenly the cold became tolerable. Still, I worked my way up.

It also appears that taking a hot shower first, and then hitting yourself with the cold still gives the benefits. Personally, I prefer Maximum Cold. There are days, though, where I just can't take it. Sometimes, if I'm feeling a bit sick or achy, the cold shower helps. Other times, I start instantly shivering, and up goes the temperature knob. It depends.

Third, it's kind of complicated. Water is a better conductor of heat than air. In a bath, the minute you get in, you're raising the temperature of the water, but at least your body is in full contact with the water until you get out. In a cold shower, the temperature of the water flowing over you is constant, but you have to stay in the water. On the other hand, you DON'T have to stay in the water stream, which can be useful when you're adapting!

I've found it's useful to pre-rinse with full cold (head first), then turn the water pressure down and do the soapification stage (in the now cold air of the shower, which is technically further chilling since I'm wet and the air in the shower is not hot and steamy), and then do a full power, full cold thorough final rinse (I actually turn the water pressure up to max for the rinsing to maximize coldness). In the winter especially, my fingers will stay cold and numb for about an hour afterwards. That's a bit disconcerting, but it doesn't hurt anything. Also, a cold shower after a workout is FABULOUS for quick healing/rebuilding... I rarely have sore muscles the day after anymore. Got sore feet? Take a cold shower and blast the soles of your feet with extra cold water for a bit. It works wonders for me. I swear I can actually hear them saying, "Thank you! Thank you!" in squeaky little voices.

There is another interesting benefit from cold showers: take cold showers in the winter, and your skin will be UBER soft and shiny - but not oily. This is apparently because cold water causes your skin's pores to contract, so the soap doesn't deplete the skin of oils and moisture as much. If you have normally dry skin, this is a wonderful benefit. As for cold showers in the winter, prepare to get under some blankets and warm yourself up good afterwards, especially if you're on the skinny side.

Cold showers have also been shown to help improve mood. I don't know how it works, but it does.

Finally, if you're "well-insulated", don't assume that you're not getting any benefit unless you're shivering like an earthquake afterwards. I get goosebumps sometimes, but I very rarely shiver. I still feel the benefits. Just be sure to get your neck and head cold, and find colder water if possible. As Pierre noted, you are still most likely getting some benefits from the "not cold enough" shower/bath.

As for cold air, I'd say some experiments are in order!

Back
Top Bottom