Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work

I am about 50% through the "7 Nights.." book and can share some thoughts.

Entwined between the erotic expressions of how both characters are feeling, there are moments of healthy behaviours and human decency of respect for each other's feelings. We are beings inhabiting a 3D body with certain capacities and given access to a creative life force via the Sexual center. "Planting the seed" is a way for a male to express that force leading to the creation of new life. Ultimately every consciousness unit is trying to create something by exercising their free will and accessing ever-powerful creative forces by the strength of their being. So, as a 3D denizen, we have been tasked to handle this powerful creative force which can be expressed in different ways. There is the most respectful way which calls for the process of courting, gentle caresses, foreplay, control of impulses, and respecting the free will of your partner. There is the disrespectful way expressed as forced sex, quickies, rapes, body mutilations, and extreme kinky acts with help of physical objects. And, then again you have the historical accounts of mass rapes being done by invading armies over the conquered peoples explained away as spreading the gene.

A key lesson of 3D is to be able to rise to the challenge of handling the powerful and creative sexual force appropriately by our will power. If we ever get to 4D, then this shall be considered a dress rehearsal, a training ground of sorts to grow ourselves enough to be able to handle the more powerful creative forces accessible at 4D with greater lures and potential for misuse. And I stated that we must learn to handle it, not oppose or ignore it. That means, living through such feelings of heightened arousal and understanding the various pulls it has on our bodies, taking stock of our feelings, and expressing them properly to the right partner. There is a lot to be learned about ourselves by exploring those buried emotions in our bodies - one can only learn to control something by experiencing it first hand and repeating the experience until learned. No one learned to ride a bicycle (cue controlling the motion of moving object) without falling the first time and then ignoring or stopping to ride it any further.

The book also reminded me of a movie by Alfred Hitchcock, Marnie(1964) which I happened to watch with my wife not so long ago. We were thoroughly impressed by how the content of the subject matter and how it has been explored. I'd recommend everyone watch this movie too to broaden your view on what's being explored in these books.
Without revealing too much, the movie depicts how a strong male takes it upon himself to guide his lady love through a healing process. He begins by cornering and forcing her to marry him (to save her from being incarcerated of theft) and then tries to come onto her in a fashion similar to the book but holds back upon realising the extent of her psychological damage. She had been touched inappropriately by her mother's lover during a night full of lightning and storms which left a deep mental scar and fear of opening herself to men. The same fear of being vulnerable made her character deceitful where she would steal funds from corporate safe boxes by gaining access to the keys via her lady charms - a way of achieving victory over men by manipulation and playing on their sexual advances. The male character is played by Sean Connery and he does a good job of it. The sheer manly essence he exudes by the way he holds his lady love (might at times appear as strong man-handling) combined with copious amounts of chivalry and a "thinking with the hammer" approach to confront the issue head-on eventually heals the lady. The final embrace in the climax scene where she asks him to take her home is a profound moment and depicted well. It's an apt visual depiction of a fair maiden having finally found her knight and giving herself up soul and body.

So, in essence, the take-home message to all men is to understand the powerful creative force that exists within you - learn to handle it well and make your lady proud of you and herself. Learn to hold back when called for but also, be firm and do not hesitate to thrust ahead when required, pun intended :). Always maintain control, do not oppose or ignore and be open to sharing your darkest secrets with the right lady.

And the message for women would be to not be afraid of exploring all aspects of yourself, don't be afraid of being vulnerable in the arms of the right man. You won't lose yourself but collectively you both may discover something new and exciting about yourselves. Every experience is an opportunity to learn and all existence is just a big school.

I've read about 2/3 of Indescreet by Mary Balogh now.

On the one hand, it has been a bit of a torture to read the book: the story itself is trivial and stereotyped, plus at least half of the book consists of unsubtle descriptions of the main characters' explicit thoughts, emotions and fantasies.

On the other hand, there is certainly a valuable source for reflection in the book. The author describes the real environment where people have to make difficult choices. The book shows how easily one can fall in a trap of one's emotions and passions and ruin one's life and how much restraint it takes to avoid it. The psychological portraits of the characters are also quite accurate and honest, I think.

I need to read more books on the list to have a broader view.

I have finished reading the book and in the end I really liked it. The book shows how two good-natured people who were wounded in the past can restore trust and faith and find their lost happiness. Both of the characters were deeply scarred in their previous relationships: Catherine was raped, got pregnant and lost her child and Rex was traded by his fiancée for another man. No wonder that after such traumatic experiences they were quite reluctant to open their hearts ever again.

But the author has surrounded them with a good and comfortable environment where they could meet each other and start building a healthy and fulfilling relationship: a quiet rural area, beautiful nature, classical music, kind people and a lovely dog. The characters were very lucky to have such good friends who helped them quite a lot along the way. Rex in particular has very good brother and sister who helped him to make very difficult but right choices at the right moment.

And I think the happy ending is very important here and has a very therapeutic effect. The book touches on most vulnerable parts of ourselves and when emotionally open, it is very important that the reader is not "betrayed" yet again with another failure, but shown the real healthy relationship instead.

Hello, I read your book recommendations, I will first if you allow me a digression on me, I can not read a "novel", I am still glued to my books of mathematics and physics , if not the tales like those of Goethe are excellent, I do not understand this concept which is to seek his "half" here in the 3rd dimension, and those who understood Eros, what the common mortals call "Love" I would advise you to read who Eros really is. Being a Hellenic pagan and as my chariot follows that of Pallas Athena in the eyes of people, I read a lot of Hellenist philosophy because it contains such spiritual material and these oblige us to reach higher degrees of consciousness. If we are talking about "Romans", the most important are Odyssey of Ulysses written by Homer, you can very well skip the Iliad, because they are independent, because in this book it is the journey of each towards his soul, besieged by the SDS and that as a warrior, we must reconquer it, the other and, I could not deepen it and that of the 12 labors of Heracles (not "hercules" who, Latin) this one indicates to us a clean cleaning, but it is necessary to seek, to seek in oneself (the true one)

So now I've made a start on 'Dancing with Clara.'

Added: Forgot to mention I've read the first two chapters of 'Dancing' and it's quite an interesting set up. I look forward to reading more but my eyes have literally gone blurry from reading today so need to take a break for now.

You will get a lot more out of "Dancing with Clara" if you read the trilogy in order starting with "Courting Julia" and then ending with "Tempting Harriet."

But the hook to reader is on sex/sexual innuendo.
Well, that depends on the reader, right....?

The others have already gave you an excellent feedback, so I can only describe my point of view regarding these books.

I´ve started with a Sons of Sin series and it was at first a shocker for me; because I didn´t expect THAT explicit descriptions and I had a faint expectations how this book will go (based on those "romantic comedies" one watches on TV).
But it turned out very much different.

Second book was even better and now I´m on the third book and that one is even better than first two.
The story, the characters, it all jump out of the book as they are alive.

The difference when reading these stories than watching, is that you see emotions and thought processes in characters´ minds every step of the way.
You don´t see that on TV and you´re left with visual stimulation that gets you nowhere.

So after first book, I don´t feel the same feelings I had as I was reading the first book.
The author really takes time to describe every single thing; from scenery and characters to shades of emotions and facial ticks, so you can really put yourself in the story.
When you shift your attention to emotions and the story and get in the head of the characters and see the driving force behind their actions, something else happens.

And that is what some of the members have already described; like you don´t feel the energy in your lower body, but it goes up.
One can feel the emotion rising to your throat.

And learn about compassion, sacrifice, patience,..., and, yes, love.

Unless one reads these books like would read a traffic report and expect to learn something from it.....

I must admit to being similarly taken by Nalini Singh's Psy Changeling series, where the world is made up of a kind of triad which is dominated by the Psy.

The Psy are defined by their minds which can be exceedingly powerful, to the point of being dangerous if not properly trained or controlled. The Psy need the Psynet to exist. This is a form of mental internet, without which they would die. The Psy adopted something called "Silence" 100 years ago because they thought it would stop them going mad and contain their more lethal powers. It made the Psy into dangerous unfeeling psychopaths. The PsyNet is now dying because of Silence. They are collectively confronted by what they have done to themselves.

Changelings are extremely physically powerful, with exceptional hearing and smell. The most powerful of these tend to be members of the dominant packs, such as leopards, wolves and bears. There are also non dominant packs such as gazelles, swans and horses etc (who interestingly enough end up being accountants, teachers and nurses etc). They can only keep territory that they can defend. Many of of the non-dominant packs must get permission to live inside dominant pack areas. Changeling law is brutal. They once nearly destroyed themselves during the Changeling Wars and if it hadn't been for a Human intermediary they would have completely destroyed each other.

What part do humans (who are always the underdogs), play? Well it takes a while, but in the end, both Psy and Changelings realise that they are 'necessary' parts to a healthy functioning world. Because Humans are so weak in terms of psychic ability (Psy) and physical strength (Changeling) they are most often overlooked to the point of being ignored. In the end, it seems that they are more vital to the triad than either of the other parts knows. The Psy are left with a problem, how to get Humans back into The PsyNet when Silence falls and the Psynet begins to die.

So, why did I enjoy this series so much?
1. It's based on the concept of families and family structures.
2. It's often quite funny especially when describing the antics of children and Changelings and gently mocks some pop culture favorites. The Psy don't tend to be that funny on the whole, although when they they lose their Silence their humor can be pretty dry. Powerful telekinetics have a unique issue when it comes to 'getting intimate' with their partners (lots of destroyed furniture, rock slides and as far as the most powerful Psy in the Net - earthquakes which have quite confused all the world's scientists) .
3. It shows that no matter how bad things get (and they can get really bad for many of the characters - especially the dominant ones both Psy and Changeling), they can come out of it, and make the world a better place as well as being better and stronger for it.
4. It's not hung up on skin color. The author herself is Indian ethnicity and lives in New Zealand. The Psy also like to genetically 'mix it up' because they are creatures of the mind, rather than the body. They reproduce 'scientifically', not physically, and they engage in reproduction contracts. This is the antithesis of what Changelings do, as they have a concept of 'skin privileges'. Changelings have to mate in order to reproduce. When they mate with humans or Psy, Changeling genetics dominate and the child will be able to shift into their animal form.
5. The Psy come to realise that they lost so much after the implementation of Silence, so much that it threatens to destroy the PsyNet which they need to survive. The most obvious thing is the ascendancy of psychopaths. A good indication of something that was imposed originally on people (presumably for 'their own good') and ends up having the capacity to destroy them. Letting psychopaths 'run their world' becomes normal. The majority of people refuse to let go of silence because the down side has been hidden from them.

A couple of amusing descriptions:

Bears are seen as naturally good natured, fun loving, beer drinking 'party animals' who are slow to anger, take nothing seriously, and don't like getting up early. They will arrange a party at the drop of a hat and usually for the most frivolous of reasons. The only grumpy Bears are Polar Bears. Chaos is the chief cook for the Stonewater Bears and he is a Polar Bear - grumpy and taciturn. He is 'mated' to the sister of Alpha Valentin Nikolaev of the StoneWater Bears, and she loves fashion. Chaos, in human form is actually black which I thought was funny considering he was a Polar Bear.

Chaos's mate likes to tease her Alpha brother, Valentin about the time she challenged him as a juvenile to a race in a pair of her high heels. Nice pink ones as it turns out. Of course Alpha type personalities tend to respond positively to any challenge issued their way, and Valentin managed to get his extra large feet into a pair of Nova's pink high heel shoes. Unfortunately he was pretty ungainly in those and ended up falling rather heavily to the floor. This seems to be the Bear way. They like to have fun.

Hawke Snow, the wolf Alpha of Snowdancer pack likes to 'needle' his counterpart, Lucas Hunter, of the leopard Alpha of DarkRiver pack.

Sascha, Lucas's Psy mate likes to say that they're actually friends, but don't like to admit it. Hawke found a way to irritate Lucas when Lucas and Sascha's cub Naya was born. He sent them a wolf plush toy. This became 'the toy that shall not be mentioned' (or named). The only time Lucas deigned to recognise the gift was when his daughter was playing 'mock attack' on the toy in kitten form, saying "That's my girl". Hawke also sent Lucas a gift of a hat "for when he starts pulling his hair out in anticipation of Naya dating".

Naya was being babysat at Riley and Mercy's place. Riley and Mercy are both senior soldiers of SnowDancer and DarkRiver packs respectively. Initially both Alphas wanted to claim both parts of this mated pair for their own packs, but ended up having to admit defeat, as each was an integral part of their own packs. So, both Alphas decided that this would strengthen inter pack ties rather than being able to claim both members. Naya was in raptures when being babysat by Riley, because in wolf form, he is an exact replica of her plush toy, and she gets to play with him in wolf form.

Can't help but laugh at some of the descriptions of Psy-Changeling life.

Well then you were nasty to Loreta. Specifcally, this sentence.
(snip)
End of story. You can apologize if you like, but that IS the fact of the matter.

I agree with Joe here, nature.

nature said:
So there was no problem with Perlou, and you present me attacking the person of Perlou?

Then you came from nowhere (there was no problem), saying that Perlou didn't asked that. What did you want loreta? What disturbed you in the tip I gave? What is the problem to get the info by using this website and making a list? That's why I responded TO YOU about this exercise of doing a part of work. Yes, in my response to you, there was the imagery of plate/feeding, as you came as someone spitting in the soup. It was not aimed at Perlou, but at you who contested my response to Perlou. Then you say I'm harsh, and I admit I should have been diplomatic. What about you, creating a drama from nothing, presenting things as me attacking Perlou? Is it nice?
I'd like to move on, there are more interesting discussions in this thread.

And now you're even more nasty with Loreta, who was just trying to help. I suggest that instead of "moving on", you reread all your recent posts in this thread, as well as other people's replies to those posts and reflect on your own lack of external consideration, and what part of yourself you're feeding when you lash out at people in that way. We're trying to help each other here. Do you think your lashing out at people is in any way helpful? What about kindness? What about external consideration? From where I sit, it is not Loreta who's creating a drama here, it's you.

NATURE, vous vous êtes sans doute mal expliquée car effectivement j'ai bien pris votre phrase de tomber tout cuit dans la bouche pour moi et non pour Loretta d'où ma réponse que ce n'était pas mon genre...
Peut-être que cela vous fera plaisir de savoir que j'ai passé un très mauvais week-end grâce à vous, ne pouvant même pas participer à la réunion CRISTAL et REIKI hier soir tant j'étais mal...
Maintenant vous vous en prenez à Loretta qui n'a fait que prendre ma défense...
Non vous n'êtes pas "gentille"...
J'espère que ce sujet ne sera pas poursuivi car vous n'en méritez pas la peine et de la peine vous en avez assez fait comme ça...

NATURE, you probably didn't explain yourself very well because indeed I took your sentence of falling in the mouth for me and not for Loretta, hence my answer that it wasn't my style...
Maybe it will please you to know that I had a very bad weekend thanks to you, not even being able to participate in the CRISTAL and REIKI meeting last night because I was in such a bad way...
Now you're picking on Loretta, who just stood up for me...
No, you're not "nice"...
I hope that this subject will not be pursued because you don't deserve it and you've done enough as it is...

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I must admit to being similarly taken by Nalini Singh's Psy Changeling series, where the world is made up of a kind of triad which is dominated by the Psy.
<snip>

Can't help but laugh at some of the descriptions of Psy-Changeling life.

So, what is the point of bringing this up in this thread after we have suggested that it be restricted to the topic of the opening post?

I agree with Joe here, nature.

And now you're even more nasty with Loreta, who was just trying to help. I suggest that instead of "moving on", you reread all your recent posts in this thread, as well as other people's replies to those posts and reflect on your own lack of external consideration, and what part of yourself you're feeding when you lash out at people in that way. We're trying to help each other here. Do you think your lashing out at people is in any way helpful? What about kindness? What about external consideration? From where I sit, it is not Loreta who's creating a drama here, it's you.

Nature, if you don't realize the negative effect you often have on others, then you have bigger problems than I supposed. How can you even sleep at night knowing how much you hurt others?

Last edited:
"You have to start somewhere."
"No. I can't be vulnerable. I can't let someone else entrust their vulnerability to me. The most likely outcome is pain and despondency for both of us."
Where is your faith? Is that what you're going to tell your polar opposite while you wave them away into the darkness, condemning yourself in the process?"
"I don't have faith...in that. This conversation is over."
"Soon you may not have a choice."
"La-la-la. Conversation over, not listening."

That reminds me of what Jordan Peterson said. That we are too 'stupid' to recognise the right person in front of us, because at the end of the day what do we really know? (paraphrasing here, hope I got it right!).

Hello, I read your book recommendations, I will first if you allow me a digression on me, I can not read a "novel", I am still glued to my books of mathematics and physics , if not the tales like those of Goethe are excellent, I do not understand this concept which is to seek his "half" here in the 3rd dimension, and those who understood Eros, what the common mortals call "Love" I would advise you to read who Eros really is. Being a Hellenic pagan and as my chariot follows that of Pallas Athena in the eyes of people, I read a lot of Hellenist philosophy because it contains such spiritual material and these oblige us to reach higher degrees of consciousness. If we are talking about "Romans", the most important are Odyssey of Ulysses written by Homer, you can very well skip the Iliad, because they are independent, because in this book it is the journey of each towards his soul, besieged by the SDS and that as a warrior, we must reconquer it, the other and, I could not deepen it and that of the 12 labors of Heracles (not "hercules" who, Latin) this one indicates to us a clean cleaning, but it is necessary to seek, to seek in oneself (the true one)

susy7, this is what Laura wrote to Ruth just now and which also applies to your post above OSIT. Have you read her other posts at all and do you understand what the purpose is of our reading these novels? Have you read the latest Cs session where this was mentioned as well?

So, what is the point of bringing this up in this thread after we have suggested that it be restricted to the topic of the opening post?

My thoughts on this thread is that we/people in particular young people have been bombarded for years with a twisted hyper sexualisation of existance that promotes anybody to do anything with whoever they please and that this is normal.
This is true. Whatever one does to improve, something else comes up to screwup. That's the state of affairs on this planet. It is nothing specific to place or gender or practice.

In the context of this thread, "abuse of sex" or "wrong working of centers" mentioned multiple posts. In fact, if you do the forum search, you will get pages of results. Here is one.

In any event, there are processes in the body that produce substances and one of the main one is sexual arousal - especially if it is prolonged and not discharged.

I don't know how can sexual arousal be helpful in the work, but if that is what you want, then I can share a little discovery that I accidentally made. I discovered how you can create a sexual arousal in a quite simple way. I don't know if it works on both sexes, but it works on me. You need an adequate amount of iodine in your body (a drop of Lugol should be enough) and an adequate amount of vitamin D (if taken as a supplement you would need about 3-4000 IU, or one raw mixed free range egg, it cannot be boiled or fried, and never mix iodine with an egg, they should be taken separately). And that should do it. The effect with an egg should act quicker but shorter, the D3 should take a longer to work, but the effect should last longer.

I remember that several years ago I had an interesting experience with EE. I started doing the round breathing portion, and I felt sexual arousal, but I continued with breathing. After that I did a meditation and after some time I felt some kind of sexual energy all over my body, it wasn't just in my genitals, it was everywhere. It was a very strong feeling. When I woke up, I saw that my aunt came to us and I greeted her and put my hand on her shoulder. She told me that she felt a very strong positive energy coming from me. She never told me that before.

So perhaps we can create a sexual arousal and then transform it into something higher with EE?

I don't know, I'm not an expert with energies, just wanted to share what I experienced. I was hesitant to share this before, but now that you started this topic, perhaps there is something in it useful for the work.

At the end, Ark pointed out that Jonas could so easily have destroyed both their lives with his unforgiving attitude and that it was only Sidonie's stubbornness that saved the day and ensured that true love triumphed.
Ark is 100% correct. I just finished reading "Seven Nights..." and thought that, at the very least, Jonas should have relented when she asked him for seven nights, just as he had asked of her. So it really was Sidonie that saved the day for both of them.

Can't tell you how much of a relief it has been to read something so lighthearted after so much non-fiction material. It's like the direct opposite of "The Idea of History" by Collingwood! 😄

Back
Top Bottom