Romantic Fiction, Reality Shaping and The Work

Nienna

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
I shall move on to a different series Maybe Gilded Web or Survivor's.
This is just my opinion, of course, but I found the Survivor series to be far better than the Web series in that the Web series was hard to read in that the characters just kept on and on with their original and faulty thinking to the point it was very hard, for me, at least, to want to continue reading the stories.

But, as I said, that could just be me and whatever my hang-ups are.

The Survivor Series is my second favorite after the Wescott series, though.

fwiw

John G

The Living Force
This is just my opinion, of course, but I found the Survivor series to be far better than the Web series in that the Web series was hard to read in that the characters just kept on and on with their original and faulty thinking to the point it was very hard, for me, at least, to want to continue reading the stories.

fwiw
I tend to pause for all the stories at times in kind of a slight wallowing in self-torture over the past kind of way. The pauses are longer for the web series (I'm finally very near the end of the last two story book). It's like these books themselves are forever wallowing in self-torture; they even advertise in advance that this will keep happening for a while via scheduled meetings or whatever. There's probably something educational in the pauses though like for this reading exercise as a whole, I've thought keeping some things suppressed in the past might have been better though dissociation not always positive over suppressed stuff probably isn't any better than slight self-torture over not suppressed stuff.

flashgordonv

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member

fwiw
Just the opposite for me. The Gilded Web series for me was a breakthrough moment in regards to my thinking about and relationship with my father. Helped me put his life and actions into perspective. Very powerful for me. I guess it is horses for courses.

Alejo

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member

fwiw
Funny you posted this, as I finished I decided to take a break for a day from the romantic novels and kind of jokingly said to myself this afternoon.. "I wonder if the universe would send me a sign as to which one would be better", and almost immediately brushed it off as silly and went on about my day. So consider yourself the speaker of the universe this evening ;-) hehehe.

I shall start my way through The Proposal :)

hlat

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
My wife got some hand me down clothes from a friend, and I hate the smell of them. When she first got them, I asked her to take them out of our room. She washed these clothes with my clothes, and now that dratted smell is on my clothes. If I wanted to be dramatic, their smell makes me want to vomit.

Life is the making or breaking of all of us... We are all tested in different ways... There was no single test for anyone. Life was a continuous series of tests, all or some or none of which one might pass or fail, and learn from or not.
Someone to Wed (Westcott #3)

A lot of us are being tested now in this crazy world.

Persej

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I always considered the Matrix sequels a great action movies, but a total mess when it comes to the story. But perhaps there is more to the stories than it seems at first sight. For example, the Neo needs to find the access to the Source, but to do that he needs the special key which is held by the key-maker. And to find the key-maker he needs to pass the test by the Persephone. And the test is to give her a sample of a feeling of true love. Like these romance novels are giving to us.

You could say that the Neo really is a perfect hero. In the movie he trained his intellectual centre by learning the truth about the Matrix, his motoric centre by learning kung-fu, and his emotional centre by engaging in emotional relationship with Trinity.

Top Bottom