Role of Russia

SeekinTruth said:
Yes, the new pipeline deal with Turkey (and increasing the Blue Stream volume, as well as, lots of other cooperation) is a major game changer. Making Turkey more reliant on Russia in the energy and other spheres will be taking the Empire and its minions by surprise (especially since Turkey and Russia have had conflicts for centuries, and Turkey is a NATO member). Lots of other very interesting and surprising things going on all around. Putin and his team are going to keep us on the edge of our seats for the next several months.

Russia's two gigantic gas deals with China this year - and the new pipeline and supporting infrastructure are another sign that the future is in Eurasia, as the dead EU economy will continue to go down, and with it gas/energy demand in that market. The time of the US collapsing is accelerating, as is the unraveling of the EU and NATO.

Indeed, the cancelling of the South Stream and the Turkish gas deal is a game changer.

Just saw this on RT

http://rt.com/news/212139-hollande-putin-moscow-visit/

Hollande dropping by Moscow to visit Putin to discuss the situation in E. Ukraine. Could this be the start of the "unravelling" of the NATO alliance after Turkey deciding to diverge from the Empire's plans ?

Putin and his team are definitely going to keep us on the edge of our seats in the coming months :)

Mr.Cyan said:
Indeed, the cancelling of the South Stream and the Turkish gas deal is a game changer.

Bloomberg reported a couple of days ago:

Ukraine’s plan to diminish its energy dependence on Russia is adrift in the Bosporus Strait.

The nation, which gets half its gas from Russia, wants to build a liquefied natural gas terminal on the Black Sea and held talks with Cheniere Energy Inc. (LNG) to import U.S. cargoes. The only path to the terminal is through Istanbul’s 17-mile waterway.

Turkey doesn’t allow LNG shipments through the Bosporus because of safety concerns and congestion. The strait is about half a mile wide at its narrowest point and classified as a maritime chokepoint, among the most difficult to navigate.

Also, Erdogan gave most interesting speech yesterday:

During his Dec. 6 speech, Erdoğan also touched on last year's nationwide anti-government Gezi Park protests, saying they could have evolved into "an uprising" if the government had not taken the steps to stop them.

“What would have happened if the Gezi events were not taken under control and [the government] had surrendered to street violence? The answer to this question has been given in Egypt and Ukraine," he said.

The president also said the Turkish police had behaved "gently" to protesters compared to police the U.S., whose killings of civilians have triggered massive anger.

“They put people down and kill them by hitting their heads to the ground, leaving them breathless. [The victims] did not hold a gun or fire bombs. Did our police kill citizens or point a gun at them? Shouldn’t the police defend themselves to avoid being killed?” he asked.

Erdoğan again referred to the “parallel structure” of the movement of U.S.-based Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, which he accuses of plotting to topple the government, saying that it has "worked against the police defending themselves."

Very interesting development.

Things may begin to sort themselves out rapidly as it gets colder. But I doubt that the US will back down. Psychopaths just can't understand consequences.

Laura said:
Things may begin to sort themselves out rapidly as it gets colder. But I doubt that the US will back down. Psychopaths just can't understand consequences.

Yes, unfortunately psychopaths never back down. Some of them have already started air-striking Damascus (which is Syria's capital and which probably means a real war now, not a "anti-terrorist campaign"). :(

Siberia said:
Mr.Cyan said:

Bloomberg reported a couple of days ago:

Ukraine’s plan to diminish its energy dependence on Russia is adrift in the Bosporus Strait.

The nation, which gets half its gas from Russia, wants to build a liquefied natural gas terminal on the Black Sea and held talks with Cheniere Energy Inc. (LNG) to import U.S. cargoes. The only path to the terminal is through Istanbul’s 17-mile waterway.

Turkey doesn’t allow LNG shipments through the Bosporus because of safety concerns and congestion. The strait is about half a mile wide at its narrowest point and classified as a maritime chokepoint, among the most difficult to navigate.

Also, Erdogan gave most interesting speech yesterday:

During his Dec. 6 speech, Erdoğan also touched on last year's nationwide anti-government Gezi Park protests, saying they could have evolved into "an uprising" if the government had not taken the steps to stop them.

“What would have happened if the Gezi events were not taken under control and [the government] had surrendered to street violence? The answer to this question has been given in Egypt and Ukraine," he said.

The president also said the Turkish police had behaved "gently" to protesters compared to police the U.S., whose killings of civilians have triggered massive anger.

“They put people down and kill them by hitting their heads to the ground, leaving them breathless. [The victims] did not hold a gun or fire bombs. Did our police kill citizens or point a gun at them? Shouldn’t the police defend themselves to avoid being killed?” he asked.

Erdoğan again referred to the “parallel structure” of the movement of U.S.-based Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen, which he accuses of plotting to topple the government, saying that it has "worked against the police defending themselves."

Very interesting development.

Just for information, the "parallel structure"; Fethullah Gülen movement has been Erdogan's and his party AKP's main partner since 1990's in political islam implementation in Turkey and they remained partners after they took over the Turkish government with the big support of US and Western Europe in 2002. They had been acting together from 2002 until 2012. Under the instructions of US&NATO they carried out together the fake, staged lawsuits, such as 'Ergenekon' and 'Balyoz' against anti-imperialistic, anti-American elements, members of Turkish army, press, intellectuals etc [with the help of some wittingly and unwittingly neo-liberals of Turkey].
Meanwhile they (Erdogan's AKP and Gulen sect) were sharing a multi hundred billions of corruption cake in Turkey.
After 2012 their interests and benefits conflicted with each other and Erdogan made a move against them and started a war. And after that, on December 17th 2013, the members of broad Gulen network nested in juridical circles and police department started operations about huge corruptions of Erdogan and his party's members, they also released approx. a hundred phone recordings of multi-billion corruption from Erdogan and his closest party members.

Not surprisingly Erdogan denied all of the accusations and they claimed the phone-recordings were audio-montage (lol) and illegal. And after that they their main partner, the Gülen sect/movement has become the "parallel structure", an enemy of the state.
Erdogan is one of the most psychopathic political figures that I've seen. He is up against the wall, because he commited serious crimes (aside from huge corruptions he is responsible of many deaths in Turkey and Syria) and Turkish economy is heading to a disaster, so in his mind getting close to Russia is buying some time until 2015 elections.
But also a rapprochement of Russia and Turkey could be the result of the historical conjuncture more effective than Erdogan's or Putin's will behind the scenes. Turkey-Russia-Iran have been both rivals and partners depending on conjunctural situation for hundreds of years in the region.

I was astonished to hear about Holland's meeting with Putin, particulary the term "unscheduled".
I directly thought about how this happened, and would bet that he was contacted by russian authorities during his trip, maybe directly by Putin, this last knowing that if an official meeting would have been scheduled before his departure, US would have made pression on Hollande to discourage to go to the meeting.

I also bet that US did not appreciated this initiative ...
This means that there's now the potentiality of a kind of revenge from US to France ...

On the other hand, Holland proved to be totally under US control ... I wonder if even with this meeting Putin was able to change something. Or maybe Putin simply needed this meeting to make one last opinion about this fact, if Hollande can still "change" or not - I guess he now have the answer, as official statements said by Putin after the meeting are just the polite and diplomatic version to feed the press.

un chien anadolu said:
But also a rapprochement of Russia and Turkey could be the result of the historical conjuncture more effective than Erdogan's or Putin's will behind the scenes. Turkey-Russia-Iran have been both rivals and partners depending on conjunctural situation for hundreds of years in the region.

Thanks for your insights un chien anadolu, they are very interesting and informative. I also agree with you on the above: Russia and Turkey indeed are so much interconnected nowdays even without this meeting of leaders. I've been twice to Turkey and was surprised at how many Turks speak Russian alongside the Mediterranean coast. Russian tourists in Turkey rank second after Germany by the number of visits. Also, many Turks study in Russia as they told me themselves. Hopefully, Russia and Turkey will continue this fruitful exchange and cooperation in any possible political environment.

dredger said:
I was astonished to hear about Holland's meeting with Putin, particularly the term "unscheduled".
I directly thought about how this happened, and would bet that he was contacted by Russian authorities during his trip, maybe directly by Putin, this last knowing that if an official meeting would have been scheduled before his departure, US would have made pression on Hollande to discourage to go to the meeting.

I also bet that US did not appreciated this initiative ...
This means that there's now the potentiality of a kind of revenge from US to France ...

On the other hand, Holland proved to be totally under US control ... I wonder if even with this meeting Putin was able to change something. Or maybe Putin simply needed this meeting to make one last opinion about this fact, if Hollande can still "change" or not - I guess he now have the answer, as official statements said by Putin after the meeting are just the polite and diplomatic version to feed the press.

According to Putin, Hollande and Nazarbayev, it was Hollande's personal decision to meet Putin on his way from Kazakhstan to France. But Putin also noted that he and Hollande decided to meet each other back in Australia at G20 summit. So, this meeting was both pre-planned and spontaneous at the same time. They met at Vnukovo airport and talked right there. Their topic of discussion was Ukraine and both said that their discussion was very useful. Most likely they discussed federalization of Ukraine, because today even Poroshenko started talking of it again (calling it "decentralization" as usual). The next Minsk meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, so we'll see how it goes this time: hopefully they will reach compromise with Donbass at last.

Interesting that this meeting comes immediately after announcement of the Southstream gas pipeline cancellation. I think Hollande may actually be firing a couple neurons - at least for the moment - and realizing what a heck of a pickle France is in now (and the rest of the EU, for that matter).

As this article on SOTT says:
http://www.sott.net/article/289764-EU-idiots-Russias-cancellation-of-South-Stream-gas-pipeline-is-biggest-economic-sanction-yet

... the cancellation of the gas pipeline amounts to a HUGE, HUGE, "sanction".

But there are clear and evident reasons for it:

No one should be surprised that Russia has given up on a relationship from which it gets from its erstwhile partner an endless stream of threats and abuse, combined with moralising lectures, political meddling and now sanctions. No relationship, business or otherwise, can work that way and the one between Russia and Europe is no exception.

And there are NO REASONS except manufactured propaganda, for the US/EU/Canadian/Australian so-called sanctions against Russia.

I tell ya, this is better than a soap opera. Every day I can't wait to see what happens next!

Laura said:
I tell ya, this is better than a soap opera. Every day I can't wait to see what happens next!

Couldn't agree more! And before Hollande, we had interesting developments from Turkey and Syria:

http://www.sott.net/article/289866-Syria-takes-a-stand-Moscow-meetings-with-opposition-planned-coalition-with-Russia-forming
http://www.sott.net/article/289867-Turkish-Russian-deal-taking-effect-Turkey-blocks-7000-ISIS-supporters-from-entering-Syria-and-Iraq

I'm enjoying myself blue watch this all play out (in between bouts of wailing and punching soft objects, of course).

Approaching Infinity said:
Laura said:

Couldn't agree more! And before Hollande, we had interesting developments from Turkey and Syria:

http://www.sott.net/article/289866-Syria-takes-a-stand-Moscow-meetings-with-opposition-planned-coalition-with-Russia-forming
http://www.sott.net/article/289867-Turkish-Russian-deal-taking-effect-Turkey-blocks-7000-ISIS-supporters-from-entering-Syria-and-Iraq

I'm enjoying myself blue watch this all play out (in between bouts of wailing and punching soft objects, of course).

Yes, me too. Also, not sure if it was mentioned, but on Monday, the EU reps are planning to visit Turkey: to demand more "action against ISIS" and sanctions against Russia. Turkey has been waiting to join EU for 51 years ever since the signing of the accession agreement. Will Turkey now buy EU's promises or even threats?

Siberia said:
Yes, me too. Also, not sure if it was mentioned, but on Monday, the EU reps are planning to visit Turkey: to demand more "action against ISIS" and sanctions against Russia. Turkey has been waiting to join EU for 51 years ever since the signing of the accession agreement. Will Turkey now buy EU's promises or even threats?

Hopefully, by now, Turkey sees what a trap and a failure the EU is and how it is rapidly sinking into the pit and being dominated by the US and will show them all the door.

Yeah, I have to agree that all what's going on is better than any soap opera, and I'm always looking forward to the new developments as things are really shifting for the first time in a very long time.

Also, it does seem that Turkey has wisely pretty much given up on EU membership (also has been looking to join the Shanghai Cooperation Organization).

This could be very interesting if it has some symbolism - like some kind of projecting/wishful thinking, considering C's say that there is another 4th STS center in Russia. Maybe claiming it of some kind :huh:

Russian Orthodox Church has slammed plans to erect a real-life 'Eye of Sauron' in Moscow, saying that the art project dedicated to the premiere of the final part of the “Hobbit” movie trilogy may have bad consequences for the Russian capital.

'Eye of Sauron' is “in any case, a demonic symbol,” Archpriest Vsevolod Chaplin, a senior church official in charge of relations with the society, stressed.

“Such a symbol of triumphant evil rising above Moscow and becoming one of the tallest objects in the city…is it good or bad? I am afraid it’s mostly bad. One shouldn’t be surprised if something goes wrong with the city after that,” Chaplin told Govorit Moskva radio station.

Russian art-group ‘Svechenie’ plan to create the scary installation which will be in place for some 9 hours is a tribute to British novelist J. R. R. Tolkien and film adaptations of his most famous works “The Lord of the Rings” and “The Hobbit.”

From:_http://rt.com/news/212891-sauron-moscow-orthodox-church/

Yozilla said:
This could be very interesting if it has some symbolism - like some kind of projecting/wishful thinking, considering C's say that there is another 4th STS center in Russia. Maybe claiming it of some kind :huh:

I would put it in Mordovia. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordovia

Persej said:
Yozilla said:

I would put it in Mordovia. :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mordovia

Project closed, Sauron shall not pass. :halo:
The authors of the idea officially apologized saying they didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings and didn't expect such strong public criticism.

Back
Top Bottom