Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

A British mercenary is complaining about Russia striking a facility in Kramatorsk and killing many soldiers. He is thus saying that Russia succeeded in hitting a military base of mercenaries. Obviously the mercenary wasn't told that doing what he loves to do for a living - killing people in other countries on behalf of the empire - can be deadly.

Not quite sure what you are saying. Did you mean to say that Putin is now guilty of the dead pilots?

I think it is important to not forget the context in which this happened which is that it is a war that is happening. If Putin and his inner circle had pre-empted this and put Pregozhin in jail, would that mean that all was well and that no people would die? Had they done that, then the traitors (as Pregozhin was not alone in this) would still be around, including in high places within the Wagner network and among the 5th column network. They would not have been exposed and would still fester with the consequence that a revolt could take place later with another figure head as the 'leader'. Given the strong fan base of Wagner, making Pregozhin a martyr by arresting him would not have pleased many people and would likely have split society more and strengthened nationalist armchair generals like Strelkov & Co. That would likely have led to many more deaths including on the actual battlefield in Ukraine as those traitors would have undermined both the unity and the effectiveness of the people doing the fighting. A divided army/people will not win a war.

Within doubt Putin and his inner circle had done a risk assessment and were well aware that in such an operation just as a military operation on the battlefield, there is a risk of deaths. The alternative to what they did, such as arresting Pregozhin a couple of months ago was probably seen as more bloody and damaging in the medium to long run. The pilots were declared heroes, just as if they had been killed on the frontline dying in the fight against the NATO/Ukrainian forces. It is regrettable that people die in war, but it is hardly surprising.

With this operation, many of the 5th columnist/traitors both in the military as well as in civil society were exposed and I think Russia will come strengthened out of it. The Western powers also showed their hand a bit more regarding their intentions, as did other foreign countries which came out in support of Russia.
Rather, my point was that if our lives and lessons are planned to some extent in 5D then pilots are also affected.
I don't blame Putin for their deaths.
Prigozhin is to blame for their deaths.
Through automatic translation we can sometimes misunderstand each other.

No matter how it was being dressed up, if you demand the removal of those as central to the design and management of the whole Special Operation as are Shoigu and Gerasimov, you are in effect outright attacking Putin who appointed them and keeps them in position to put into practice his policy. If Prigozhin had succeeded in his demands Putin would in effect have become a lame duck president under the whim and diktat of Prigozhin. Putin has been very clear from the get go this was a mutiny, this was treachery, this was an attempt at a coup d'état, namely the emasculation and eventual removal of the legitimate government headed by Putin himself. That's why he is clearly so angry - that is why he is using the word betrayal. Not just of him, but of Mother Russia itself. No one knows Russian history better than Putin and he knows full well where this could have led to - the sight of Russians fighting Russians on Russian soil would have been disastrous for the stability of the country, no matter if the outcome in his favour was inevitable. Significant blood split would have likely awoken many old wounds lying dormant in the national psyche and could so easily have spiraled near out of control, even to the point of major disruption on the front. I think Putin's first instinct was to crush the man but when he was shown a way out he could see it served Russia better than swatting this ant.

I cannot help but think of a similar situation in history that went disastrously wrong when in England in 1399 Bolingbroke brought a force to the shores of the land (having been previously banished) with the claim that he was only there to carry out his rightful grievances and see the return of his confiscated lands. King Richard II hesitated and sent out the wrong signals and it quickly turned into beheading of the Kings main advisers followed fast by Richard himself being removed to the tower of London (for his safety!) where he was eventually murdered. Having insisted he had no desire to touch his most gracious and heavenly anointed King Richard, Bolingbroke ends up crowning himself Henry IVth and by so doing seeding near 100 years of civil war! This being but one example of a puffed up, personality disordered man claiming he acts for his country's good by way of disguise for his own vanity and greed and how the generations that follow pay a terrible price for this shallow disguise.

Even if this event was closer to a French farce than a Greek tragedy, Russia has thankfully escaped lightly from what could have been an utter disaster. Despite his undoubted rage, Putin the master strategist has wisely given clemency (making him actually look even more the statesman if possible) whilst getting rid of a very dangerous thorn in his side with near no bloodshed whilst at the same time drawing in ever closer the whole Russian political, military and social systems around him. We should all give thanks to that demented egotist Prigozhin because in a way his ineffectual and vain-glorious attempt at seizing power has made such a likelihood by someone with real gifts (and full CIA backing) next to impossible going forward.

Not quite sure what you are saying. Did you mean to say that Putin is now guilty of the dead pilots?

I think it is important to not forget the context in which this happened which is that it is a war that is happening. If Putin and his inner circle had pre-empted this and put Pregozhin in jail, would that mean that all was well and that no people would die? Had they done that, then the traitors (as Pregozhin was not alone in this) would still be around, including in high places within the Wagner network and among the 5th column network. They would not have been exposed and would still fester with the consequence that a revolt could take place later with another figure head as the 'leader'. Given the strong fan base of Wagner, making Pregozhin a martyr by arresting him would not have pleased many people and would likely have split society more and strengthened nationalist armchair generals like Strelkov & Co. That would likely have led to many more deaths including on the actual battlefield in Ukraine as those traitors would have undermined both the unity and the effectiveness of the people doing the fighting. A divided army/people will not win a war.

Within doubt Putin and his inner circle had done a risk assessment and were well aware that in such an operation just as a military operation on the battlefield, there is a risk of deaths. The alternative to what they did, such as arresting Pregozhin a couple of months ago was probably seen as more bloody and damaging in the medium to long run. The pilots were declared heroes, just as if they had been killed on the frontline dying in the fight against the NATO/Ukrainian forces. It is regrettable that people die in war, but it is hardly surprising.

With this operation, many of the 5th columnist/traitors both in the military as well as in civil society were exposed and I think Russia will come strengthened out of it. The Western powers also showed their hand a bit more regarding their intentions, as did other foreign countries which came out in support of Russia.

Very well said, thank you!

'2023 Vilnius summit: Will NATO greenlight Ukraine's request to have heavy weapons to strike deep inside Russia?'

27 Jun, 2023

28 Jun, 2023

The Rise & Fall of Putin's Cook: What is next for Russia?
Jun 27, 2023, with Alex (Sasha) Krainer:

Tweets Inflame the Opposition
Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 19-58-02 Ukraine Front Lines on Twitter.png
These are comments from a Russian Telegram group on the news that a baby was injured during Russian missile strike on Kramatorsk:

"Guys, f**king kill the Ukrainian cattle, yes, this is open fascism, and I'm undoubtedly happy about that!"

"Well, some Ukrainians got killed, I don't give a sh*t. Everyone dies there all the time."

"They say a one-year-old child died there, as well? Question - will he sing a song about Bandera in hell?"

"Normal parents wouldn't take their kids to a Ukrainian daycare. There's no one to be sorry for there."

"The baby is all right already. It'll get better eventually."

"I don't f**king care about that Nazi child. These bastards don't deserve sorrow. How many Russian children did Ukrainian bastards kill. Their offspring and the Anglo-Saxon offspring are biowaste, just like their lice parents."

It seemed important to me to translate this and show you who we're dealing with. These creatures just want to kill all Ukrainians. Starting with children.

"It's right to start with children. They need to bomb a daycare, too."

This tweet looked like a staged event. 🎬

From the latest session:

So according to the C's there was a sort of "goverment psyop" element to the Wagner coup attempt.

As in: The Russian government knew about Prigozhin's plans and let it play out to some degree to find potential traitors within the country. The death of 12 or more pilots suggests that it got out of hand - I doubt that the government expected that.
Possibly, or perhaps Putin is genuinely as relieved as he has sounded in all his statements since then that it did not get worse - much worse.

Scott Ritter here is pretty much in line with our take on it, arguing that Prigozhin has been a 'rogue actor' for some time now, and speculates that the only reason Wagner set out to take Bakhmut in the first place was to thwart the inevitable dissolution of his PMC by 'winning glory' and thus notoriety and popularity - at the cost, apparently, of some 20K Wagnerites.

If accurate, then Prigozhin's hysterical video rant in April (with the corpses of Wagner soldiers lined up in rows behind him) about how the MoD was needlessly wasting Russian lives (again, a UKRAINIAN propaganda talking point since this whole thing began), was in fact projection. PRIGOZHIN threw all those men to their deaths - for money.

This counter-accusation makes sense, if you think about Russia's overall war conduct in context. Recall how cautious the Russian MoD has been, preferring to surrender territory and towns rather than engage Ukrainian forces whenever they have the advantage and therefore take unnecessary losses. The Russian MoD wasn't going on and on about Bakhmut. Prigozhin's Wagner was.

Last edited:
In case some do not have a TG channel, I edited a few addresses found in an TG post from March, to open directly in a browser, where you can also use an add-on translator. If you find a channel, add s/ before the name of the channel.

War correspondents Operational news from the hottest spots here:
Alexander Sladkov
Alexander Kots
Evgeny Poddubny
Nadana Friedrichson
Irina KuksenkoVа🇷🇺
Rostislav Zhuravlev
Andrey Rudenko
Valentin Gorshenin
WarGonzo
Oleg Nikitin
Voenkor Astrakhan
Voenkor 🅉 Medvedev
Valentin Trushnin
Semyon Eremin
Rank 2 Warrior
RAZIN
Denis [Z] Grigoryuk
Patrick Lancaster News Today
Voenkor Z Evtushenko
Commander l Z l Lisitsyn ZOV-TV
Commander Yarem
Divandoc
Callsign Ezh

Ether stars, opinion leaders, military experts
Vladimir Solovyov
Andrey Medvedev
Boris Rozhin
Vladimir Orlov
Vladlen Tatarsky
Unofficial Bezsonov 'Z'
Akim Apachev
Aleksey KulemZin
Prikhodko RIK
Breege Time ZOZZ
Donetsk Blonde | Anastasia Selivanova
Marochko Live
LOSTARMOUR

Media
RT in Russian
NTV
IZ.RU
RIA Novosti
TASS
Readovka
60 MINUTES
FRONT Notes
ANNA-NEWS
Ukraine.ru

Official sources
Russian Defense Ministry
TERO DPR HQ
DNR in the JCCC: facts of war crimes of Ukraine

The above 60 minutes had a quote from Lukashenko:

The threat of a new global conflict has never been as close as it is today. Once again, they are trying to blow up our country, our entire region, to disorient people. Shake up the situation by any means and, under this noise, impose their own rules, establish their own order. An order in which there will no longer be either our countries or peoples.
The channels as they appeared in the original post:
Военные корреспонденты Оперативные новости из самых горячих точек здесь:
Александр Сладков
Александр Коц
Евгений Поддубный
Надана Фридрихсон
Ирина КуксенкоVа🇷🇺
Ростислав Журавлёв
Андрей Руденко
Валентин Горшенин
WarGonzo
Олег Никитин
Военкор Астрахань
Военкор 🅉 Медведев
Валентин Трушнин
Семён Ерёмин
Ратник 2-го разряда
РАZИН
Денис [Z] Григорюк
Патрик Ланкастер Новости сегодня (Patrick Lancaster News Today)
Военкор Z Евтушенко
Военкор l Z l Лисицын ZOV-TV
Военкор Ярем
Диванный документалист
Позывной Еж

Звезды эфира, лидеры мнений, военные эксперты
Владимир Соловьев
Андрей Медведев
Борис Рожин
Владимир Орлов
Владлен Татарский
Неофициальный Безсонов "Z"
Аким Апачев
Алексей КулемZин
Приходько РИК
Brееgе Timе ZOZZ
Донецкая Блондинка | Анастасия Селиванова
Марочко Live
LOSTARMOUR

Медийный цех
RT на русском
НТВ
IZ.RU
РИА Новости
ТАСС
Readovka
60 МИНУТ
FRONTовые Zаметки
ANNA-NEWS
Украина.ру

Официальные источники
Минобороны России
ШТАБ ТерО ДНР

ДНР в СЦКК: факты военных преступлений Украины

Re: Rebellion in the ranks

Maybe it's battle fatigue.

And what is a soldier? 'Yes sir!' .... Soldiers are expected to just follow orders. Their training retards their humanity, making them less desirable as civilians, and only worth a soldiers fate: to be sacrificed and martyred, as having more than a few token heroes in the civilian sphere is a threat to the dictate that we must have soldiers, and they must be separate from humanity - save for some token heroes - to be lauded as heroic, but at the same time rejected and cast out after they are used - better yet, destroyed.

I think this has always plagued armies, as you can't really dehumanize a fighting force, call them heroes while deliberately sending them off to be destroyed, and they don't question what is really going on when they are in its midst? They are still human despite their indoctrination, and can't be pushed past a point where rebellion is a survival ultimatum. It doesn't matter what the fight is about, when the soldier tires, the soldier will fight the easiest fight: their own chain of command.

This seems to be happening on both sides. It isn't a failure of the military as much as it is a political failing.... So, it is the military who decides the outcome - they have that power - because civilians and politics rely on their military to carry out their orders, but they overstep their authority, inviting a uprising within.

So, I think soldiers are the lowest consideration - the powers would agree to cooperate with each other to quell each others dissenters because - no longer patriots, they are a threat to 'civility'. Of course they are, soldiers are aside from civility.

So, to unleash an army is to open ones self to scrutiny, and armies become uncontrollable when politics presides over them with contempt.

So, it's battle fatigue, and if you drag this out, that's what happens. No amount of political drama will keep things inline.

So the military ends the war by dissention, but politics will take credit for peace, when the real reason for peace is they lost the hearts of their soldiers.

Video and an official transcript of the speech by Lukashenko
An early transcript of Lukashenko now ongoing interview about the Prigozhin mutiny

"By Saturday morning from 8 o'clock in the morning I already receive disturbing information about the situation in Russia. Someone there tells me what is being written in these Telegram channels, messengers... Through the FSB and our State Security Committee, General Tertel reports to me: Putin wants to get in touch. Please. At 10:10 he called me and informed me in details about the situation that is happening in Russia.

Asked Putin a few questions, including the opposition to this, I understood that the situation is complicated. I will not specify this part of the conversation.

The most dangerous thing, as I understood it, is not what the situation was, but how it could develop and its consequences. That was the most dangerous thing. I also understood: a brutal decision was made (which was the implication of Putin's speech) - to smash. I suggested that Putin should take his time. Let's talk to Prigozhin, to his commanders. To which he told me: "Look, Sasha, it's no use. He doesn't even pick up the phone, he doesn't want to talk to anybody.

I asked him: "Where is he?" - "In Rostov." I say: "Good. A bad peace is better than any war. Take your time. I'll try to get in touch with him." Once again he says, "It's no use." I say, "OK, wait." Somewhere we talked for maybe half an hour. Then he informed me that he was at the front. I remember him saying, "You know, it's strangely better at the front than it's ever been." I said, "You see, it's not all so sad."

Eleven o'clock. I still had to find those phones. I said, "How do I get in touch with him? Give me the phone." He says, "The FSB probably has a phone." We checked. By the middle of the day, we had established three channels we could use to talk to Rostov".
"At 11:00 he (Prigozhin) instantly picked up the phone.
That is, Evkurov called him, gave him the phone: "Here, the President of Belarus is calling, will you talk to him? - "I will speak to Aleksandr Grigorievich".
I can hear them talking. I picked up the receiver. The conversation is euphoric. Yevgeny is totally euphoric.
We talked the first round for about 30 minutes in foul language.
Exclusively. There were 10 times more swear words (I analysed it later) than normal vocabulary. He, of course, apologised and started to tell me in swear words.
"The guys had just come from the front. They had seen thousands of their dead guys. The guys are very offended, especially the commanders. And, as I understand it, they were very influenced (I pre-calculated this) by Prigozhin himself.
Yes, he is such a, you know, heroic guy, but he was pressured and influenced very much by those who led assault groups and saw these deaths. And so in this situation, having jumped out of there into Rostov, in such a half-raged state I have this dialogue with him".

"I say: 'Zhenya, no one will give you Shoigu or Gerasimov, no one, especially in this situation. You know Putin as well as I do. Secondly, because of the situation he won't even talk on the phone with you, let alone meet you. He remains silent.

"But we want justice! They want to strangle us! We will go to Moscow!" I said: "Halfway through you will be crushed like a bedbug. Despite the fact that the troops (Putin told me about this for a long time) are diverted on the relevant front." Think about it, I say. "No - such is the euphoria."

"For a long time I persuaded him. And in the end I said: 'You know, you can do what you want. But don't hold it against me. The brigade is prepared to be transferred to Moscow. And like in 1941 - you read books, you are an educated, intelligent man (Lol) - we are going to defend Moscow. Because this situation is not only in Russia.

It is not only because it is our Motherland. But because God forbid this turmoil would have spread throughout Russia, and the prerequisites for that were colossal, we were next.
That was quite accurate, even it may be hard to believe:
What's the source here? I'm very doubtful that a discussion of the minutiae of a possible civil war within Russia, one of the most powerful countries in the world, and one known for its tight-lipped handling of information, would be so easily aired for everyone to see. The story itself seems like fiction, too... Lukashenko the hero who held back the rage of both Putin and Prigozhin?
I think that Lukashenka is telling the truth, there is no need for him to lie in this situation. Lukashenka has known Prigozhin for over 20 years. Lukashenko and Yevkurov (deputy minister of defense of the Russian Federation) probably saved Moscow from a bloodbath on June 24, 2023.
Yevkurov is the guy who talked to Prigozhin on the morning of June 24 in Rostov at the headquarters of the SVO. Lukashenka called Yevkurov on the phone (Prigozhil ignored calls to his personal phone all day) and Yunus-Bek said:
- The President of Belarus Lukashenka is calling. Will you talk to him?
Prigozhin (unexpectedly) answered - I will.
------------------------------------
Probably, many do not know that Yunus-Bek Evkurov in 1999 (during the war in Yugoslavia), received an order to take control of the airport in Pristina. On the night of June 11-12, 1999, a battalion of Russian paratroopers occupied the airport, making from the Russian MS base in Bosnia to Kosovo, covering over 600 km in 7.5 hours.
Lukashenko is not telling everything, he says as much himself, but he is rather straight forward.

The details are in the video: that covers the issue about Wagner. It has German subtitle, if you wish, appeared in an online article posted Tuesday 27 2023, 17:56,
"Lukashenka on the situation with PMC 'Wagner': no need to imprison anyone, you need to cool down and turn this page", Лукашенко о ситуации с ЧВК "Вагнер": не надо никого сажать, надо остыть и перевернуть эту страницу,
27 ИЮНЯ 2023, 17:56 forwarded by @Possibility of Being
Lukashenka's statements! / About negotiations with Prigozhin, the future of PMCs, Putin and the monument | FULL VIDEO
27 JUNE 2023, 15:16
See also this Russian article:
How to stop the rebellion PMC 'Wagner' in Russia. Lukashenka reveals details of negotiations
27 ИЮНЯ 2023, 15:16
Как остановили мятеж ЧВК "Вагнер" в России. Лукашенко раскрыл детали переговоров
Next the speech to the officers, as posted on Official website | Official Internet Portal of the President of the Republic of Belarus of the speech, the last half is a pretty good translation of the Wagner issue though less colloquial than the original and leaving out a few details.
Aleksandr Lukashenko presents shoulder straps to high-ranking officers
June 27

Belarusian President Aleksandr Lukashenko presented general's shoulder straps to high-ranking officers in a solemn ceremony in the Palace of Independence on 27 June.

“It is already a kind of tradition to meet in the run-up to Independence Day celebrations. Today we are presenting general’s shoulder straps. They go with the greatest responsibility for the future of the country, for maintaining peace on our land and security of Belarusian people. Contemporary Belarusians were lucky to be born and live under a peaceful sky. Yet, military people like us are well aware that a peaceful life is the result of painstaking daily work,” Aleksandr Lukashenko emphasized.

It is not always visible, but it requires colossal efforts, sometimes it is high-risk work, the president noted. “You are intelligent people, almost everyone of you uses messengers, reads various critical articles that blame me for preparing for war. Every day for nearly 30 years, I have been getting ready for war together with you. Maybe that is why we live under a peaceful sky today,” said the head of state.

Aleksandr Lukashenko stressed that sovereign Belarus and the whole world are going through an extremely difficult period now. “The threat of a new global conflict has never been as real as it is today,” he said. “They are once again trying to destabilize our country, our entire region, to make people confused. They are pulling out all the stops to rock the boat and to impose their own rules, establish their own order in which there will no longer be our countries and peoples. And let’s be frank, we are playing into their hands sometimes. We never fail to give a reason for this. As I have said, color revolutions do not happen for no reason,” Aleksandr Lukashenko said.

“The collective West is trying to mislead us about their real plans and intentions. Unfortunately, our efforts to resolve the situation through peaceful negotiations are now called ‘diplomatic imitation’ there. The price of this ‘imitation’ is hundreds of thousands of human lives. Today we clearly see a new round of NATO expansion and an unprecedented capacity build-up of the member states in the region, including in the immediate vicinity of our border. We see endless rounds of show of force,” Aleksandr Lukashenko said.

According to him, almost every day the border service reports all kinds of provocations on the state border coming from neighboring countries: from tossing of corpses to deliberate drone strikes on the territory of Belarus. At the same time, the construction of walls and barriers on the border, installment of fortification equipment, and mining from the Ukrainian side continue.

“Our generation has been put to the test. We have the mission to preserve peace that was achieved by millions of heroes, our parents and grandparents. This means only one thing - we must be able to combat the threat that is again looming over our land. It is coming from the West again. As you can see, history repeats itself. When talking about strength, the last thing I think about is technical capabilities. We have them. And we are well aware of this,” the head of state said.

Unity and devotion to the Fatherland are much more important, Aleksandr Lukashenko emphasized. “And our Fatherland from Brest to Vladivostok is land, freedom and our peoples. History has showed that Belarusians know how to defend their land. We have been and will be able to rise up to any challenge,” the president said.

At the ceremony Aleksandr Lukashenko commented on the recent attempted mutiny in Russia and its impact on Belarus.

“I must say it was painful for me to watch the recent developments in the south of Russia. Many of our citizens took them to heart as well. This is because we share one Fatherland. Given the role Belarus played in resolving this situation, I would like to say a few words about what happened and explain our position and the decisions we took.

This is important especially in the light of the latest insinuations in the media, especially in the Russian one. Our self-exiled opposition has also started fussing. They have made a false start however. They are trying hard to show at least some results of their work to their bosses. They desperately want to get those $250 million. They will divide them there, while our hot heads [few of them remain here] will get nothing and will again be used as cannon fodder,” Aleksandr Lukashenko said.

They [Belarusian self-exiled opposition] have even issued their calls and published plans demonstrating readiness to implement their scenario of an armed mutiny,” Aleksandr Lukashenko said. “There have even been such cases. The so-called Kalinovsky Regiment fighters have taken leave of their senses. They had been deployed to the front to fight. They heard rumors of an ‘imminent revolution’ in Belarus and wanted to rush back here but were stopped by anti-retreat units.”

"I sincerely thank you for fulfilling your duty conscientiously, selflessly serving the Motherland, and congratulate you on the new military rank. The number one task of yours and all people in uniform is to take the necessary measures to prevent the escalation of the situation. It has already reached the boiling point. Just throw in a match and everything will flare up, even explode. This must be brought to the attention of all personnel, your subordinates on the ground. You don't have to constantly think about some lofty matters. Leave that to the politicians. You have clear and understandable tasks. We are all professionals, each in his own field. This is what we must do first of all," Aleksandr Lukashenko stressed.

“When this mutiny attempt was happening in Russia, I ordered to put the army on full alert. Nobody, even all those lousy Telegram channels, said anything against it. It took just half a day for the Belarusian army, all the Armed Forces, including the police and special units, to be brought to full combat readiness,” the head of state said.

"I am sure that you will continue to perform your duties with honor. You have spent a lifetime getting ready to defend our country and our people. You will be able to protect our Motherland from any risks and any threats. I am absolutely convinced of this," the president said.

The head of state presented Major General shoulder straps to Commander of the Air Force and Air Defense of the Armed Forces Andrei Lukyanovich, First Deputy Chief of Support Services of the Armed Forces - Chief of Support Aleksandr Mosolovand Chairman of the State Border Committee Konstantin Molostov. The straps of Major General of Police were presented to the Head of the Internal Affairs Department of the Gomel Oblast Executive Committee Aleksandr Shastaylo, Major General of Justice to Head of the Investigative Committee Department for Vitebsk Oblast Aleksandr Gutsko, and Class Rank of State Counselor of Justice 3rd Class - Prosecutor of Grodno Oblast Aleksandr Zhukov.
After a ceremony Aleksandr Lukashenko shared the details of the negotiations to resolve the attempted mutiny situation involving the PMC Wagner and also the motives for his actions and position.

The event at the Palace of Independence was planned, but its format was expanded. The leadership of the military and law enforcement agencies, special forces, and media chiefs, political scientists and journalists were invited to attend. The conversation turned out to be thorough, and most importantly, as frank as possible, with answers to the most pressing questions that the society has been discussing in recent days. Aleksandr Lukashenko also commented on a number of information ‘leaks' and speculations.

On the decision to speak out

"Yesterday morning I decided that it was time to say something (though not everything) on this topic honestly, openly, without hiding anything.

What pushed me to this was the fact that the media, especially in Russia have been lauding Belarusians. Frankly speaking, I asked my press secretary to call our main media outlets and ask them not to over-cover this topic. There is nothing to rejoice about. You'll now find out why. But in Russia, as it always happens, turbo-patriots have started to lament and condemn Putin demanding that he do not stop criminal cases, that he catch, kill or imprison those involved. This is what I would like to warn both us and Russian society against.

When this situation, mutiny as President Putin called it, was unfolding, everyone was keeping quiet. Matviyenko was a courageous person. So was Volodin, the Patriarch, a couple of people and that's it. After a fight, everybody knows how to wave their fists and demand repression. Listen, there are some that we need to deal with, you know where. There are some that deserve jail time;

“All this prompts me to say a few words about the situation that was unfolding on Friday and Saturday, because, as you know, I was completely involved in these events”;

“I want you to understand, to know, to feel what happened and what could have happened. I would like you to comprehend exactly what it was and what it could have been.”

On getting alarming news

“It was Friday. You know, we had such a wonderful day, we were all preparing for student graduation ceremonies. Naturally, I was pretty much busy, too. To be honest, when I started getting some tidbits of information about the developments in Russia, in Rostov, in the south, I somehow did not pay much attention to it at first. The war is going on, so such things are no surprise.

But after 8 a.m. on Saturday, I started receiving alarming news about the situation in Russia. I was told what people were writing in these Telegram channels, messengers... They told me through the FSB and our State Security Committee, General Tertel: President Putin wants to talk. Fine. We agreed at 9:30 that we would talk at any time convenient for him. At 10:00 he addressed the nation, at 10:10 he called me and provided the details of the situation unfolding in Russia";

"I asked [Putin] several questions, including about his plans to deal with this, and I realized that the situation was serious. I will not provide further details about this part of the conversation."

On advising Putin against tough action

“The most dangerous thing, as I saw it, was not the situation itself, but its possible ramifications. That was the most dangerous part of it. I also realized that a tough decision was taken (Putin hinted at it in his address) - to eliminate those involved. I suggested that Putin should not rush to do it. I suggested that I talk to Prigozhin, his commanders. Putin replied: "Listen, it's useless. He doesn't even pick up the phone, he doesn't want to talk to anyone."

Reaching out to Prigozhin

“I ask: Where is he? - “In Rostov.” I say: “Good. A bad peace is better than any war. No rush. I'll try to contact him.” He once again says: “It's useless.” I say: “Okay, wait.” We talked probably for half an hour. After that he updated me on the situation on the front.

I remember him saying: “You know, it may sound strange but the state of affairs on the front line is better than ever before. I said: “You see, it is not all that bad.” It was 11 o'clock... We still had to find those phone numbers... I asked him: “How do I get in touch with him? Give me the phone number.” He replied that the FSB probably had the phone number. We checked, and by afternoon we had three channels we could use to talk to Rostov.”

“We held the third and the fourth rounds of negotiations using this channel. There were intermediaries at my house, at my country residence. They helped us conduct this communication.”

On the role of Yevkurov and Bortnikov in the negotiations

“I must especially thank General Yunus-bek Yevkurov in this regard. We were lucky. He turned out to be a friend of Ivan Stanislavovich [Tertel, KGB Head]. As far as I know, they were university mates.

I must say the general played a very important role. For the record, he was the commander of the Russian the battalion that took control of an airport in Serbia. Do you remember that march? He was in charge of that battalion. But as it often happens that situation did not had any development, either through betrayal or something else. Even the Russian authorities shied away from talking about it. I am well aware of that situation. He is a very brave man. He was seriously wounded when he was head of Ingushetia. I remember Putin telling me that he narrowly survived. He is a military man, a responsible man and he did a lot within the framework of these negotiations.

I am telling this story in detail because some started waving their fists after a fight, naming those who took part in the negotiations. I am not going to repeat after them. The negotiations involved Yevkurov and Bortnikov, the FSB head. No one else took part in these negotiations.

On first conversation with Prigozhin

“At 11:00 he [Prigozhin] immediately picked up the phone. I mean Yevkurov summoned him, gave him the phone: ‘The Belarus president is on the line. Will you talk to him?’ – ‘I will talk to Aleksandr Grigoryevich [Lukashenko]’.

He was euphoric. Yevgeny was completely euphoric. During the first round we talked using only swear words for about 30 minutes. I analyzed it later. The number of swear words was ten times higher than that of normal words. Certainly, he said he was sorry for using swear words.

I was thinking about what to say to him in order to start the negotiations. The guys had just come back from the frontline. They have seen thousands of their dead. The guys are extremely dissatisfied. Particularly commanding officers. And as far as I could understand it, they strongly influenced Prigozhin himself. I had figured it out beforehand. Yes, he acts like a hero, you know, but he was under pressure and influence of those who were in command of assault units and had seen those deaths. So, in this situation I talked to him when he arrived in Rostov and was ecstatic.

Wagner's actions in Rostov

"Through my channels I received information, including from our committee [KGB] and the military that they occupied the military district headquarters [in Rostov].

"Media has immediately begun whipping up hysteria reporting captures and looting or something else. Those were fake news. Ukrainians did have a field day that day.

I began to ask questions. I asked: "Did you kill civilians, military who did not oppose you?" - "Aleksandr Grigoryevich, I swear, we did not hurt anyone. We occupied the headquarters. Here I am." It turned out to be true. It was very important. Note that it was very important that when they entered Rostov, they did not hurt anyone.

On Prigozhin’s demands

“I say: “What do you want?” (I certainly conveyed their demands to Putin). “Aleksandr Grigorievich, I am not asking for anything. I just want Shoigu and Gerasimov. And I need to meet with Putin”. I say: “Zhenya, no one will give you Shoigu or Gerasimov, especially in this situation. You know Putin as much as I do. Secondly, he will not meet with you, he will not even talk on the phone with you in this situation.” He keeps quiet and then goes: But we want justice! They want to destroy us! We'll march on Moscow!” I say: “You'll just be crushed like a bug on your way although the troops (Putin was telling me about this for a long time) are on the front line. Think about it.” “No,” he said in a state of euphoria.

It took me a long time to convince him. And in the end I said: “You know, you can do whatever you want. But don’t get me wrong. A brigade is ready to be sent to Moscow. And, as in 1941 (you are a well-read, educated, intelligent person), we will defend Moscow. Because this situation affects not only Russia. This is not only because it is our Fatherland. But also because, if God forbid, this mutiny spreads all over Russia (and the prerequisites for this were colossal), we will be next”.

"The triumphal march of Soviet power is another example. Approximately 100,000 Bolsheviks took power in Russia. Without weapons. I ask myself the question: Is everything so good in Russia and here? It is not. There are multiple reasons for this turmoil to spread across Russia and spill over into our country. A trigger was needed. And it emerged.”

On the inadmissibility of the use of force

“Who is Prigozhin? He is much respected in the armed forces today. No matter whether some like it or not. Therefore, I thought: it was possible to kill him. I told Putin: “He can be eliminated. That is not a problem. If not at the first try, but at the second one for sure. I said then: “Do not do it.” Because there would not be any negotiations then. Those guys who know how to stand up for each other, who have fought in Africa, Asia, and Latin America, they will go to any length. They can be eliminated too, but thousands of civilians will die along with those who will stand up against Wagner fighters. PMC Wagner is the best-trained unit in the army. Who will question this? My military men understand this. We have no such [trained] people in Belarus. Those people have been through more than one war in different places.

Therefore, before making this decision, you must think about what will happen next. We must see beyond our noses. I address this advice in the first place to those flag wavers who have been endlessly dwelling on this topic.”

On interpersonal conflict

“We will advance on Moscow. We need justice. We fought, and we fought loyally. You, Aleksandr Grigoryevich, know how we fought, don't you?” “I do,” I replied. He told me that some sort of competition started between the army and his unit. It was some unhealthy competition. An interpersonal conflict between well-known people transformed into this fight.

Here I would also like to explain why I instructed my media, my press secretary not to make a hero out of me, out of Putin or Prigozhin in any way. We let this situation slip through our fingers. We missed it. Then, we saw it unfolding and thought it would go away somehow. Both me and Putin (me to a lesser extent, to be frank, but still) thought so. But it didn't go away. It turned out that two people who fought at the frontline took against each other. I am well aware of the situation. I know how Shoigu works. He is undeservedly criticized at times. Shoigu visited Belarus more than once. Of course, I cannot reveal everything we talked about. We had very serious talks. General Khrenin has met with him more than once. We have always provided any support we could (and we could do a lot) and we did a lot. Shoigu has done a great deal in this respect. He has occupied a niche where he could do something.

"Yevgeny Prigozhin... He can be understood. He is similar to Shoigu (they have similar characters), very impulsive.. That's how it began.

On the condition for Prigozhin and his decision to drop his demands

"Talking for the second or third time, I warn him. I can already see that he is ready to back down, but I warn him: "Yevgeny, no bloodshed. As soon as you kill, intentionally or unintentionally, at least one person, especially a civilian, that's it. There will be no negotiations with you, and I will not talk to you either. He swore to me. “We don't have such a goal,” he said. “I swear to you that this will not happen.”

Negotiations went on throughout the day. Six or seven rounds of negotiations. I expressed my position. I didn't call him again. He reached out to me six times, I think. He consulted, made offers, and so on. When he said to me: "Aleksandr Grigoryevich, I will not demand that the president give me Shoigu and Gerasimov, and I will not even ask for a meeting." I said: "Well, that's good. This is a very good step. That is not a realistic demand and it can escalate the situation.”

I said, "Let’s imagine the situation that you are my Defense Minister. And some bandit ..." - "I'm not a bandit" - "I'm saying, for example: some bandit demands I give him Khrenin and Gulevich. I will never go for it. I will die myself, but I will not go for it.” - "Yes, I understand" - "Since you understand, let's act." He says, "Tell me, what now?" and I say, "We need to stop the convoy." That is, he decided to negotiate.

On guarantees from the president of Belarus

“At some point after the first round of the negotiations he said: ‘Let me gather the commanders and have a consult’. I say: ‘Of course, talk to them so that they will not blame you afterwards’.

We had the conversation at eleven o’clock, and at five o’clock in the evening he called me back and said: ‘Aleksandr Grigoryevich, I accept all your conditions. But ... What shall I do? If we stop, they will start eliminating us’. I said: ‘They won’t do this. I guarantee you. I’ll take it upon myself’. I was in contact with the leadership of Russia, the FSB dealt mainly with this issue, Bortnikov. I urged them not to do it. Bortnikov is a smart person. He said: ‘Aleksandr Grigoryevich, I’m not a fool, I understand what could happen.”

“If they stop somewhere, this will lead to a huge concentration of troops on a narrow stretch of land and there will be a temptation to strike at the column. They promised: this will not happen. I told Prigozhin: ‘This is a guarantee’. ‘What will happen next?’. ‘I will take you to Belarus and guarantee absolute safety to you and your guys who have advanced here in this column.’ ‘Yes, I believe you. I believe’. ‘Well, we will follow this plan.’

On the end of the negotiations and Putin’s promise

“By evening the negotiations were drawing to a close. I was pressed for time as the defense line had already been built 200km from Moscow (Bortnikov informed me about it). Everything was ready (Putin told me about it later), just like it was in the war times. Cadets were summoned as well. The police, some 1,500 officers, were also in reserve. They gathered a lot of military personnel in the Kremlin and near the Kremlin. I think there were some 10,000 soldiers there. I was afraid that if the Wagner fighters were to clash with them on this line (and it was just some 200km away from Moscow), there would be bloodshed.

I said [to Prigozhin]: “Bortnikov is in charge there. You must get in touch with him”. “He does not pick up the phone,” he replied. “He will. Call him in 20 minutes,” I said. I asked Ivan Stanislavovich [Tertel, KGB head] to find Bortnikov and ask him to call me. He called back. I said: “Aleksandr Vasilyevich [Bortnikov], pick up the phone if Prigozhin calls you.” He was very angry with the whole situation, of course. I said to him: “Listen, put your emotions aside and do as we have agreed with him.” They had a conversation. He turned his people around and they went to their camps in Lugansk Oblast. They went back to their camps.

I talked to Putin in the evening. I asked him once again to stick to the agreement. He said: “I will do everything I promised.” He kept his word.

The turmoil was thus prevented. Dangerous events that might have taken place were reversed. Security guarantees, as he promised yesterday, have been provided.”
There are a few more details, on the video, but the above is enough to show the setting and the content, not much is missing, excerpt that he argues repeatedly against people who wants to put up a statue in his honour for safeguarding peace. He says, both Putin and he just did their jobs as presidents.

"The guys had just come from the front. They had seen thousands of their dead guys. The guys are very offended, especially the commanders. And, as I understand it, they were very influenced (I pre-calculated this) by Prigozhin himself.
The other way around, see below.

I highly recommend watching the video posted above by @thorbiorn
German subtitles available. You can also turn on automatic English translation; apart from a few brief moments, it's quite good.

My personal highlights:

4:10 I understood that the situation was complicated [...] The most dangerous thing about this situation, as I understood it, was not it itself, but its further escalation and consequences.

6:40 I thought to myself: How do I start these negotiations. The fighters have just returned from the front. They had lost thousands of their guys. They are very pained/angry, especially the commanders. And as I understood (and I had figured it out earlier), they had a strong influence on Prigozhin. He is, you know, this kind of hero-like guy, but he was pressured and heavily influenced by those who led the assault groups and had to witness the deaths of comrades. And in this state he had left for Rostov. He's half-angry and I need to have this conversation with him. I asked him: Did you kill anyone? Civilians? Or maybe military? Prigozhin answered: "I swear to you, we didn't kill anyone." That turned out true. That was very, remember, very important. [Later on, Lukashenko said that if anyone was killed, there would be no negotiations.]

9:10 Like in 1941, we will defend Moscow. Because it's not just about Russia. It's not just about our fatherland, but because - God forbid - if that unrest spreads to all Russia, and the prerequisites for that are colossal, next it will be us. All is needed is a trigger. And here you have it. Who is Prigozhin? He's a very influential/authoritative person in the armed forces today, like it or not. That's why I thought: we can kill him. That's what I said to Putin too: We can kill him. No problem. But I also said: Don't do it, because then there will be no more negotiations. These men will go the whole hog. We can kill them too, but thousands of civilians will die. As will those who will stand against the Wagner fighters. And Wagner is the most trained unit in the army. That's why we need to first think about what will happen tomorrow. Especially about those hooray patriot shouters who feed on that topic today.

24:14 And something else very important: In Russia, many people are sitting like a mouse under an owl’s tree. Russia, unlike us, has not started any major clean-up work there. They aren't ready yet. In Moscow, these bedbugs and cockroaches are slowly appearing. This also was a factor that led to my position. Those who fled from Russia have become active. Khodorkovskys, Kasyanovs, our fugitives too... seized the moment.

25:44 The main thing is the conclusion and the lessons, as I always say. Conclusion: This would be a war on two fronts. It's not about Prigozhin. Prigozhin was just a trigger. The riots all over Russia would open the second front.

27:49 For officials in Belarus and Russia: Some jealousy arises. "We could do it, Lukashenko succeeded..." This is a renewed attempt to drive wedge between Lukashenko and Putin. ... We did what needed to be done. We did our job. And with no ambitions. I have no ambitions at all. As I have often said: Me and Putin are politicians of the outgoing generation. Neither of us have high ambitions. But as long as we are presidents, we will fight hard and even violently for what we say loudly we have to defend.

Lesson: All of us, me more, you less, we must be very careful when dealing with such military collectives. If we have already admitted them, such as the Wagner group, we must respond to their requests and concerns in right time, meet them on time, provide our guidance and support. That's a big lesson.

Long live, Bat'ka! :)

Scott Ritter here is pretty much in line with our take on it, arguing that Prigozhin has been a 'rogue actor' for some time now, and speculates that the only reason Wagner set out to take Bakhmut in the first place was to thwart the inevitable dissolution of his PMC by 'winning glory' and thus notoriety and popularity - at the cost, apparently, of some 20K Wagnerites.
Yes, Scott appears to have a more levelheaded take on this incident than, for instance, Larry Johnson who to my surprise said in a recent podcast with Judge Napolitano that Prig was probably a double agent. Larry’s theory was something like Prig being setup as a bait for Western intelligence, which they took, and basically that the whole thing was a psyop. Or at least, that was what I understood him saying.

War correspondents Operational news from the hottest spots here:
Get another compliment from me for the excellent work with information. The list as a whole is pretty good, but it is necessary, in my opinion, to make some amendments. Firstly, Vladlen Tatarsky (Maxim Fomin) was killed by an explosion and is unlikely to publish anything anywhere. Secondly, I would add Andrey Filatov to the list. He is quite famous and the proof of this can be that he was a participant in a recent meeting of war correspondents with Putin.

About the attack on Kramatorsk
In one popular song there were these words:
If you drink with thieves, fear for your wallet.
If you walk on a dirty road, you can't help but get your feet dirty.
If you pull out your hair, you won't put it back in.
Colombia will send a protest note to Russia after the explosion in Kramatorsk

Colombian President Gustavo Petro said that the country's Foreign Ministry should send a protest note to Russia after the explosion in Kramatorsk, where three Colombian citizens were among the wounded.

"Russia attacked three defenseless Colombian civilians. Thereby violates the protocols of the war. The Foreign Ministry should hand over a diplomatic note of protest," the politician wrote on his Twitter blog.

According to the statement of the injured Colombians who were collecting information in Kramatorsk for their project in support of Ukraine, they were near the site of the explosion in Kramatorsk and received minor injuries.

Press Secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov, answering a question from journalists about how the Kremlin treats Kiev's statement that civilians were allegedly killed as a result of a Russian strike on Kramatorsk, previously replied that Russia does not strike civilian infrastructure - strikes are carried out on objects that are somehow connected with military infrastructure.
https://rusvesna.su/news/1687988974

The Russian Embassy called the trip of Colombians to Kramatorsk reckless

BUENOS AIRES, June 29. /tass/. The Russian Embassy in Colombia called the reckless trip of three Colombians to Kramatorsk of the Donetsk People's Republic, where they suffered as a result of a missile strike.

"We are glad that for the citizens of Colombia, who were lightly injured, this reckless trip did not turn into an irreparable tragedy," the message posted on the diplomatic mission's Twitter page reads. The Russian Embassy recommended that Colombian citizens "refrain from visiting territories and places in the combat zone."

On June 28, the President of the Republic Gustavo Petro ordered to protest to Russia in connection with the wounding of three of his compatriots in Kramatorsk. According to the Infobae portal, Sergio Jaramillo, a former adviser to the President of Colombia on a peaceful settlement, and writer Hector Abad went to the DPR after participating in a book fair in Kiev. They were accompanied on the trip by journalist Catalina Gomez.

The press secretary of the President of the Russian Federation Dmitry Peskov, in response to accusations from Kiev of the deaths of civilians in Kramatorsk after a missile strike by Russian forces, stated that Russia does not strike at civilian infrastructure.
Посольство России назвало безрассудной поездку колумбийцев в Краматорск

That's who apparently was the target of this attack
As a result of the attack on Kramatorsk, American paratroopers from the 101st Airborne Division of the US Armed Forces were destroyed
Two days ago in the city of Kramatorsk there was a targeted missile attack on one of the objects of the city. It is reported that the strike was carried out after receiving information from intelligence about a planned meeting of officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) with foreign military instructors. However, as it became known, American paratroopers (presumably, who volunteered to go to Ukraine as volunteers – ed.) could have been hit.

In several pictures, you can see men in T-shirts, which have the logo of the 101st Airborne Division of the US Armed Forces. It is noteworthy that several men were seen in a similar form at once, which indicates that this is not an ordinary coincidence, but probably the arrival of American mercenaries or instructors in Kramatorsk.

Among other things, it is known that mercenaries from other countries, including Colombia, were eliminated by the strike.

The Ukrainian side, in turn, positions this strike as an attack on a civilian object, however, at the moment there is evidence that among the liquidated mostly military.
В результате удара по Краматорску оказались уничтожены американские десантники из 101-й воздушно-десантной дивизии ВС США

Получите от меня уже очередной комплимент за прекрасную работу с информацией. Список в целом довольно хорош, однако необходимо, на мой взгляд, внести некоторые поправки. Во первых Владлен Татарский (Максим Фомин) погиб от взрыва и уже вряд ли что-нибудь, где-нибудь опубликует. Во вторых я бы добавил в список Андрея Филатова. Он довольно известен и доказательством тому может послужить то, что он был участником недавней встречи военных корреспондентов с Путиным.

Back
Top Bottom