Putin Recognizes Donbass Republics, Sends Russian Military to 'Denazify' Ukraine

Chechen leader Ramzan Kadyrov has announced that his forces will replace Wagner fighters in Artyomovsk after his "elder brother" Prigozhin said he plans to withdraw from the city on May 10 due to severe ammunition shortages.

5 MAY, 2023

Without touching on Rolo and his thoughts, I can only add that Kadyrov (Head of the Chechen Republic) said that he was ready to replace Wagner PMC in Bakhmut (Artemovsk).
On the other hand, Ukrainian sources write that he does not believe in the withdrawal of Wagner PMC troops from Bakhmut. On the contrary, MI-6 intelligence (Britain) reports that Russia is accumulating forces behind Bakhmut.

Another insider of mine reports that the counter-offensive will go along Bakhmut, and in the southern direction there will only be distracting maneuvers. Wagner will retreat, the Armed Forces of Ukraine will occupy Bakhmut and the city will be destroyed by aircraft.

This is an information field. How it will actually be - we'll see.
So this is just theatrics from Prigozhin?

If so, it's pretty dark. Here he is last night shouting abuse at Shoigu and Gerasimov, against a backdrop of the corpses of about 20 Wagner fighters:

Correct, it seems, f1esk.

From (former) Forum member, Rolo, confirming f1esk's thoughts on luring the Ukrainian Armed Forces (potentially, if Rolo is right) to more destruction. We will maybe, I hope, find out if this was how it turned out.

Rolo writes that Prigozhin's call for ammo and the filming of dead Wagner soldiers caused the Ukrainian troups to rush in and Prigozhin, 'Wiley E. Prigozhin' as Rolo calls him, succeeded with the ruse.

There is much more to this substack which I don't know how to follow quickly or put into point form and I am short of time and so won't summarize. My interest was in response to f1esk's thought.

It looks like I should:

"politely recuse yourself from having opinions on anything more important than the color of the socks you are going to wear this morning."

There is a lot of irony and mind shortcuts but it seems to me that Rolo stated the opposite... or I am wrong... or not? Or I misinterpreted Lyndi Lama post?

Rolo wrote:

"Do you see what I am saying? Do you see how the 5D “Prigozhin and Shoigu are working together to trick Kiev” narrative doesn’t work, really?

You must see it by now. I mean, seriously."

I am confused.

Not sure who is controlling his head, so he does have some freedom left... to blame Russia!
FvXD_DzX0AI9HHJ

Correct, it seems, f1esk.

From (former) Forum member, Rolo, confirming f1esk's thoughts on luring the Ukrainian Armed Forces (potentially, if Rolo is right) to more destruction. We will maybe, I hope, find out if this was how it turned out.

Rolo writes that Prigozhin's call for ammo and the filming of dead Wagner soldiers caused the Ukrainian troups to rush in and Prigozhin, 'Wiley E. Prigozhin' as Rolo calls him, succeeded with the ruse.

There is much more to this substack which I don't know how to follow quickly or put into point form and I am short of time and so won't summarize. My interest was in response to f1esk's thought.

I read the whole post. It was a sarcastic comment, he does not think that this is the case at all. From the blog:

First, about 6 million Ukrainians rushed in headlong into Bakhmut, looney-tunes style, with their slack jaws drooling and their feet moving so fast that they turned into whirling circles. They were then destroyed by Wile E. Wagner, as per plan, at a 6,000,000:1 K/D ratio. Seven hours later, Prigozhin declared victory, and ended the clever charade by posting a letter in which a third party confirms that Shoigu apparently acquiesces to supplying Wagner again.

It goes on like this, basically he thinks it is as it appears on the surface. All is doomed, nobody listened to the warnings, Prigozhin is the only one being honest etc.

I have to agree that there is no obvious psyops advantage to Prigozhin's video tantrum, actually it's potentially quite harmful, but it may get results like last time he complained about shell shortages. Not ideal, but hardly a prelude to strategic defeat.

The information war is as active as it has ever been now. Trying to avoid too much speculation and observe events with a level head. These announcements by Ukraine of evacuations from frontline villages might be disinfo. but I see them in a similar way to information like "Russia is moving blood supplies close to the Ukrainian border". It's indicative that things are probably about to happen. As always, it's important to bear in mind that losing territory is not the worst thing that could happen to Russia. They can inflict heavy losses while retreating.

Rolo should watch more New Atlas, calm down and - if you must make predictions - make them sparingly and based on things which are already known or are comparable to things which have already taken place.

The Alexes' take on Prigozhin's horrific stunt:

They argue that he 'crossed the line' even before his latest rant, and that it looks like it's time for him (and his Wagner PMC) to be brought back from Bakhmut/Artemovsk.

The Alexes' take on Prigozhin's horrific stunt:

They argue that he 'crossed the line' even before his latest rant, and that it looks like it's time for him (and his Wagner PMC) to be brought back from Bakhmut/Artemovsk.
And @Niall I agree with the The Alexes' take on it, after all Prigozhin is just a Civilian (that happens to own Wagner PMC) If he were in the military ranks he will has ben saked long time ago...

The Best in Hell (2022)
Movie about the everyday job of private military group 'Wagner' versus Ukrainians

Watch here with English subtitles and translated on-screen tactical information.
Damn bloody thing. Nothing is spared, so not for everyone. But also damn real and good in its own way. The brief description by f1esk is good.
Surprisingly well done movie! Recommended for guys! :) High budget isn't needed as all scenes are readily available in the warzone. Costumes are current military outfits. Weapons and effects are real. They only show old military hardware, which both sides use with shocking effectiveness in a highly creative way!

For example the Russians are shooting through the entire building to get the enemy. Through the very same building they are using as cover with their old, but upgraded T-72b tank (to hit the enemy building across the street). Their old tank in this movie and in real life is an upgraded version:
T-72B is an improved version of the T-72A with thicker turret armor. It is fitted with Kontakt-1 explosive reactive armor for a higher level of protection. This add-on armor increased protection against HEAT rounds. The tank uses a modernized 2A46M tank gun. There was a new R-173P radio, which reportedly had a range of 20 km. The tank was fitted with the V-84 diesel developing 840 hp.

Last edited:
And @Niall I agree with the The Alexes' take on it, after all Prigozhin is just a Civilian (that happens to own Wagner PMC) If he were in the military ranks he will has ben saked long time ago...
Armchair-general TG channels speculate it might also be a setup to draw in more Ukrainians into Bakhmut by showing how weak/unsupported PMC Wagner is now. Just like the Pentagon leak from the US-side recently. Prigozhin was frequently complaining in past months, he doesn't get enough shells. This video is nowhere near as gory as the very clear and high resolution 2014 sniper attack video - immediate aftermath - we saw with civilians torn apart on the walkway. That video was made by a cameraman walking right up to near the wounded and visiting every victim dead or still alive.

It looks like I should:

There is a lot of irony and mind shortcuts but it seems to me that Rolo stated the opposite... or I am wrong... or not? Or I misinterpreted Lyndi Lama post?

Rolo wrote:

I am confused.
Thanks Vulpes, and Ben later. I just didn't have time to carefully read the rest of what Rolo said, a deadline loomed. The first part seemed serious to me and straightforward. Sloppy. Live and learn....

Back
Top Bottom