Psychomantium Mirrors - Past, Present, Future?

When I said talking to rocks, I should have said listening although it barely describes what you are experiencing, it's the best word I can come up with.

I think there is some misinterpretation here, so I`ll try again to clarify this.

There is no talking, there is no listening.

There is no woo woo, no phenomena, no communication with anything, nor any attempt at communicating with anything. There is no need or reason, for any of that.

If that`s what you guys are thinking, this is not the case, and never was the case.

These rocks are not a communication device, you can not contact the "spirits" through them. It is only a matter of observation, similar to looking at pictures in a book.

That`s it, all there is to it.

The rocks I am talking about are like natural books, these are just rocks, any old rock off the ground, not crystals, not anything special, not anything out of the ordinary, no mystery, no magic.

It is simply that rocks contain ancient records, and can be read like any other book.

There is only "visual observation" of these rocks, just looking at them, nothing more.

What "danger" is there in picking up a rock and examining it, or observing any images it might contain. It`s like a book, made of stone, period.

Archaeologists do it all the time, many rock hounds do it too, many people look at rocks they just haven`t discovered that there is more to them, then they know so far.

Possibly many ancient cultures knew it, that`s why there are still so many "sacred" stones out there. " I do what I do" Anart, because nature has recorded so much information into "material" objects like this, that`s is almost a shame to ignore it.
Pretty much everything is " written" right there.

And it`s not that there is a "spook" in the rock that will change the story for the next guy that comes along. What one person see`s in the stone the next person who can see, will see exactly the same image, just like a picture in a book. Nothing changes, or transforms into something else. If it`s there, it`s there and it doesn`t change.
It was written in stone, once and for all time.

If I had any artistic abilities I would draw what`s there so others could understand this, unfortunately I can`t even draw a circle so I can`t do that. I suppose that someday the right person will make this great "discovery" and then people will all know that "history" is like a fossil embedded in stone. And when that finally happens, I`ll just wink and nod.

Guardian said:
Have you ever tried expecting them to answer you, or at least listening to hear if they do? Like you said, this is good for another thread :)
:D Let's move this. But yeah, I do half expect them not to "bite" me when I have asked them not to... :-[

Meager1 said:
These rocks are not a communication device, you can not contact the "spirits" through them.

Really? Exactly how did you come to this firm conclusion? Where do these "ancient records" come from, how are they "recorded" and by whom?

You liken them to "pictures in a book" which were created by a human. Who (or what) created the "pictures" in the rocks, how, and to what purpose?

Meager1 said:
When I said talking to rocks, I should have said listening although it barely describes what you are experiencing, it's the best word I can come up with.

I think there is some misinterpretation here, so I`ll try again to clarify this.

There is no talking, there is no listening.

There is no woo woo, no phenomena, no communication with anything, nor any attempt at communicating with anything. There is no need or reason, for any of that.

If that`s what you guys are thinking, this is not the case, and never was the case.

These rocks are not a communication device, you can not contact the "spirits" through them. It is only a matter of observation, similar to looking at pictures in a book.

That`s it, all there is to it.

The rocks I am talking about are like natural books, these are just rocks, any old rock off the ground, not crystals, not anything special, not anything out of the ordinary, no mystery, no magic.

It is simply that rocks contain ancient records, and can be read like any other book.

There is only "visual observation" of these rocks, just looking at them, nothing more.

What "danger" is there in picking up a rock and examining it, or observing any images it might contain. It`s like a book, made of stone, period.

Archaeologists do it all the time, many rock hounds do it too, many people look at rocks they just haven`t discovered that there is more to them, then they know so far.

Possibly many ancient cultures knew it, that`s why there are still so many "sacred" stones out there. " I do what I do" Anart, because nature has recorded so much information into "material" objects like this, that`s is almost a shame to ignore it.
Pretty much everything is " written" right there.

And it`s not that there is a "spook" in the rock that will change the story for the next guy that comes along. What one person see`s in the stone the next person who can see, will see exactly the same image, just like a picture in a book. Nothing changes, or transforms into something else. If it`s there, it`s there and it doesn`t change.
It was written in stone, once and for all time.

If I had any artistic abilities I would draw what`s there so others could understand this, unfortunately I can`t even draw a circle so I can`t do that. I suppose that someday the right person will make this great "discovery" and then people will all know that "history" is like a fossil embedded in stone. And when that finally happens, I`ll just wink and nod.

Meager1 can you proof any of those claims , or is this just your subjective believe ?

Really? Exactly how did you come to this firm conclusion? Where do these "ancient records" come from, how are they "recorded" and by whom?

You liken them to "pictures in a book" which were created by a human. Who (or what) created the "pictures" in the rocks, how, and to what purpose?

What I think, is that it probably happened at "creation" or during some incredible event that caused rock to act like film, which embedded a permanent record.

How or why, I don`t have the answer for you and whatever I say is only a guess at how it happened.

Seems to me that pictures as in books etc, are only a copy of some actual "creation" that someone took a picture of, or made a copy of..same as the pictures on rocks are not the creation, but only a copy or an image of it. These images are not alive, not animated and appear to have no awareness, as we would describe it just like pictures in any book.

They are just pictures, very good pictures, but just pictures, no sounds, no movement.

And these are not like a bone or a fossil record in rock, but an entire photograph, of some event, person, action etc, just as good and just as clear, as if a picture was taken yesterday..

Yet, in the same way that a book isn`t really "conscious" of the pictures it contains, I don`t see why rocks would be expected to be conscious of it either, maybe they just made good film.

I don`t know, but I tend to (think) that there was some blast, something incredible, that happened to cause this, but anyone`s guess is as good as mine, about what it could have been.

Meager1 said:
How or why, I don`t have the answer for you and whatever I say is only a guess at how it happened.

OK, so then how are you certain that "These rocks are not a communication device, you can not contact the "spirits" through them?"

Crystals have been used by humans in communication devices since the advent of the radio ...if not sooner. If we can use rocks to communicate half way around the planet, how do we know what beings far advanced of us can do with rocks?

OK, so then how are you certain that "These rocks are not a communication device, you can not contact the "spirits" through them?"

Rocks cover the entire planet, their literally everywhere, and I have never had one of them attempt to "communicate" with me, they are inanimate objects, just rocks.

I have never heard a whistle, a hum, a throat clearing or a hey you. Nothing.

You look at them like you would look at any photo album etc, there is no mystique, no magic, no communication, for me anyway.

None of them appear to have been worked like crystal, for use in radio`s or any other communication device.

Interesting video and thread, thanks! Like others, I too was really sleepy during the 2/3 to 3/4 section of the video. I had to keep sliding the progress bar back because I would read too slowly the words. And I was so tired/exhausted at the end that I took a 10 minute nap in my chair with the lights on. I'm really excited that this will be pursued!

i too have experienced the *fog* ..clouds that radiate during meditative focus. i always lose focus just as they build. The hardest part- n somewhat of a stumbling block for me is when looking into the surface are- holding focus, discomfort and watery eyes. i suppose it takes much practice...

hey meager, no offense, but I don't think you're really grasping the point of the warnings you're getting here. The point is that you, nor any of us, really understand what it is you're doing. Whether its staring at rocks or gazing into a mirror'd bowl or an obsidian disk... these exercises shouldn't be undertaken lightly, nor can you expect to gain objective information from them without some serious research and networking.

If you do manage to push past natural human boundaries you can not only inflict harm upon yourself, but to others around you including this network. This stuff isn't a game.

Puck said:
hey meager, no offense, but I don't think you're really grasping the point of the warnings you're getting here. The point is that you, nor any of us, really understand what it is you're doing. Whether its staring at rocks or gazing into a mirror'd bowl or an obsidian disk... these exercises shouldn't be undertaken lightly, nor can you expect to gain objective information from them without some serious research and networking.

If you do manage to push past natural human boundaries you can not only inflict harm upon yourself, but to others around you including this network. This stuff isn't a game.

That's the crux of the matter. The issue of danger and the issue of gaining objective information. I may be wrong, but I have the feeling that experimenting with gazing into a mirrored bowl has some serious hazards that should not be taken too lightly. Whatever is going on, you have to think that it is effecting your state of consciousness, right? Meager1, just a simple question: do you disagree that just blindly playing around with things that change your state of consciousness -- seeing into or "traveling" into hyperdimensional realities, etc. -- has dangers of opening doors to things that could come into your reality/consciousness that would otherwise not have come into it?

If you see things that you normally would not by using these mirror devices, that means that you are going beyond your normal perception / normal state of consciousness, right? Do you not agree that without enough solid knowledge of what doors you are opening, there's a great deal of danger? Do you completely disregard what has been said in so many ways and so many contexts on these sites about these issues?

Fascinating documentary. Thanks for sharing Laura!

And thanks Gawan for the link of the book.

The attitude of the researchers -in the video- is inspiring, open minded and objetive view on this subject. It is also interesting the location, in Novosibirsk.

It also made me remember tha last session and the comment by the Cs about the mirror facing the window besides of the psychomantium refferences. Also the possibility that this was part of an ancient technology, the legends about metallic cauldrons, and so on.

It would be interesting to do some experiment once there is enough knowledge about it.

I watched video this morning. Indeed, interesting.

As others have reported, I became very sleepy as it progressed, nearly nodding off towards the end. This may have been from eye strain trying to keep up with the subtitles which seemed to flash by very rapidly at least to me.

In our living room is a large oval mirror on the west wall that is slightly convex. It may be just coincidence, but there have been some strange happenings in that room it the past few years. The TV comes on by itself, usually in the middle of the night. Could be a defective switch, I suppose. My easy chair is in this room, and I enjoy napping in it during the day. At night, however, I am very uneasy when I try to sleep in my chair. I feel a strong, mostly malevolent, presence very close by. I hadn't related all this to the convex mirror before reading this thread, but now I don't know. :huh:

The thought occurred to me to try gazing into this mirror out of curiosity, but I decided much more knowledge, confidence and courage are necessary before I try that. I've had some scary experiences with mirrors in the past.

Mac

Edit: It just occurred to me that the TV never came on by itself until about two years ago when my wife rearranged the furniture so that the TV is nearly directly facing the mirror. Hmmm...

I do understand all the warnings and take them seriously. I always have.

I researched certain aspects of this many years ago, though there isn`t a lot of factual or reliable information out there yet, to work with.

Networking was pretty much out of the question, since it is not easy to find others who are interested, or who are knowledgeable, or sincere, yet cautious enough to work with in this area. Most of the folks I have personal encountered who attempt working with stone, are not those whom I wanted to explore any further with, or to be involved with.

I am extremely cautious, I asure you.

Back
Top Bottom