Potential Food and Energy Shortage Across the World

1689775305465.png
Also it doesn't apply to just Shrimps (from previous picture)
I have more photos of different marine products because it felt like it was a good idea to make those photos, also i have more than enough storage on my phone.
I cannot guarantee that both come form exact same factory (design changed a whole lot), but i am sure one product replaced another.

I've been following The Poplar Report for awhile. He's covering the droughts, fires and floods around the world and how these are significantly affecting various crops so the shortages and price hikes we're going to see. Although he focuses mainly on food he also reports on current issues with transportation such as the upcoming possible UPS strike and water/air contamination from the many derailments and similar accidents. He's an accountant so he discusses whats going on with our changing monetary system as well.

In this report he says India has stopped exporting all rice, China continues to import massive amounts of food due to drought and flooding. Canada grain production down by 15%, potato shortages for the US coming up. Indonesia goes "green" and wastes their farmland so more food shortages on the way.

People write in from around the world to say what shortages they are seeing in their grocery stores and other issues, but most of these are from the US.
It's a short, daily update thats been useful to me.

Last edited:
Cutting of 15 million trees alone in Scotland to make room for wind farms

OMG! That HORRIBLE!!! I didn't know there where that many trees left in Scotland. For these ugly, ugly wind farms. I heard they're trying to recycle the windmills when they break down and mix them in with concrete which is causing these rusted holes to appear after awhile.
Welcome to the Age of Supreme Stupid!

At least 12 people have been injured when an explosion rocked grain silos near the port of Derince in western Turkey, according to state media.Turkey’s state-run Anadolu Agency said on Monday that three of 12 people injured were in serious condition.
“Initial evaluations show that an explosion occurred due to wheat dust compression during the transfer of wheat from a ship to the silo,” he added.

“We were told that it is technically possible that a blast could occur due to compression of wheat dust, but we are investigating every possible reason,” Yavuz said.
Police said they had launched an investigation into the incident and videos on social media showed a huge cloud of smoke.

The TMO said that 13 silos and outbuildings were damaged in the incident.

“It is considered that the explosion may be due to dust compression and the cause will be clarified after detailed technical investigation,” the statement said.

Now grain silos in France are on fire. It must be grain silo fire season. Increasingly suspicious.

Firefighters fear a “risk of spread”. A fire has been going on since 8 a.m. this Thursday morning in the port of La Rochelle (Charente-Maritime), reports Sud Ouest. The fire started from a silo called “Bertrand” and belonging to the Sica Atlantique group.
Firefighters from the departmental fire and rescue service (Sdis 17) evoke a “building fire and dryer” in the La Pallice district. They ask residents to avoid the area because of the heavy smoke and to leave road access free to facilitate the passage of relief. A security perimeter of 200 m has been set up, underlines France Bleu La Rochelle. The personnel on site were also evacuated.

Japan chose to release contaminated Fukushima water today. Seafood in the Pacific will be affected.

Japan started releasing treated radioactive water from the wrecked Fukushima nuclear power plant into the Pacific Ocean on Thursday, a polarizing move that prompted China to announce an immediate blanket ban on all seafood imports from Japan.

[...]

Japanese fishing groups, hit with years of reputational damage from radiation fears, have long opposed the plan. They fear it will lead to a loss of sales, including from export restrictions to major markets.

In response to the release, Chinese customs authorities banned seafood from Japan, customs authorities announced Thursday.

The ban started immediately and will affect all imports of "aquatic products" including seafood, according to the notice.

This will also probably affect Pacific salmon stocks for Canada and the USA.

Kleenex brand facial tissue, made by Kimberly-Clark in the US, is being discontinued in Canada apparently being no longer profitable to be offered here. Apparently industry players have been aware of this for a few months already.

... Montreal-based KP Tissue Inc., a division of Kruger Products, which owns Embassy, White Swan, Scotties and other brands, makes up about 35 per cent of the facial tissue market in Canada, while Kleenex has about 16 per cent.

So if you like Kleenex, better stock up.

I also noticed a Feb. 2 report of several other products to be discontinued here from Nestle:

The four brands that will no longer be sold in the freezer aisle at Canadian grocery stores are Delissio, Stouffer's, Lean Cuisine and Life Cuisine.

The company says it is focusing on categories that support long-term business growth, including confectionary, coffee, ice cream, premium water and pet food.

Are those soon to be the new government approved food groups? Just add bugs? Grasshopper Pie does not have actual grasshopper in it y'know.

Seeing holes in the store again - nothing I care about, just things I notice. Flour is quite low in our area (no skin off my bones!)

We’re seeing fewer juice blends than ever in the OJ section (again, doesn’t affect me. It was mostly corn syrup anyway.)

Speaking of fruits and corn syrups, we are seeing more pineapple in pineapple juice than in syrup now. I suppose that’s why we don’t have as many juices, and likely also ties in to the low corn yield these past years.

I’ve also noticed that the expiration dates on our canned goods are going backward again. Maybe because of changing markets:
1. Shuffling inventory across chain stores to balance out the surplus since people stopped buying as much
2. Shuffling inventory as stores close down
3. Hiding holes in the supply chain

The peanut butter section was suddenly half the size it has been last week. Like it was always that way. But it looked full. All name brand.

Cat litter was almost empty at our store, where I noticed an employee dutifully fronting the 1 box of several brands.
Milk coolers were empty (not all, but some.)

There is a surplus of canning jars, probably because the price has increased by about $5 since last fall. I needed more, and they were on sale, so I got some. I don’t feel like it was a good deal, but maybe the best deal I will ever see again.

This is Midwest US - so far, our area seems to be the last in the country to feel shortages.

But hey, Benjamin, I noticed the pet food was in healthy supply :cool2:

I just finished watching the latest on The Poplar Report. Since he starts off with another lock down coming I associate what follows in food shortages as preparations by corporations to limit food further during this proposed lockdown. Walmart has given instructions to vendors that they are reducing their overstock space by 66% even though the vendors have the inventory to stock them fully. A LOT of people get their food from Walmart.

A person who works for a shipping company reports that canned foods are now considered a high risk cargo because the tractor trailers hauling this are being stolen. In the US, we have a reported 6 million illegals coming in during the last 3 years and this will add to the food panic of course. Many of these illegals are criminals and I wouldn't be surprised if organized gangs will or are targeting food supplies for theft, not that some Americans aren't capable of this.

Beef prices are getting ready to soar as herds are being culled. Also, if you use white vinegar 5% for pickling get it now because this is also becoming harder to get.

Get ready for a heavy barrage of scare tactics as the next covid lockdown is tried, he says.

The cost of auto and homeowners insurance is starting to go through the roof in the US, especially in places like California and Florida. In some places like Florida it is even hard to insure a house at all... This could lead to people being forced to sell their homes, since their mortgage loan requires that they have insurance or they can be foreclosed upon if they can't get insurance. #Bidenomics at work. Even if the banks and stock market don't collapse and they are underpinned, I don't know how long a large majority of people are going to make ends meet and survive as things keep getting worse financially and economically.

Also, food cost inflation starting to go through the roof in the US and this guy, who gets a lot of info from reports of followers, is really starting to see supply issues for food building in the US. Also, watch the price of oil. It has had a run up with any number of people saying this is just a start to the cost of oil increasing. Obviously, this will lead directly to the cost of gas going up a lot. I know the price of oil moving from $60 to $83 is already starting to give me sticker shock at the pump each time I get gas. It seems the cost of gas is increasing more than the cost of oil. In the US this could be due to refining capacity and such things not being enough. #Bidenomics at work, which really looks like they want to kill people by driving them into poverty and also starving them.

If you didn't prep during and after Covid lockdowns, etc, then it may be that it is starting to get to time is of the essence for such things.

A person who works for a shipping company reports that canned foods are now considered a high risk cargo because the tractor trailers hauling this are being stolen. In the US, we have a reported 6 million illegals coming in during the last 3 years and this will add to the food panic of course. Many of these illegals are criminals and I wouldn't be surprised if organized gangs will or are targeting food supplies for theft, not that some Americans aren't capable of this.

I had the same thought when I watched, Summerlite. The first thing that came to mind was the story of cartels taking over avocado farms in Mexico back in 2019. Our Michigan supermarkets have had cheaper avocados ever since. It may be that some Americans in areas that have suffered most since lockdowns are catching on, but I get the idea that overall, Americans wouldn’t see the actual value of food enough to organize big heists over it.
But it isn’t out of the question!

Back
Top Bottom