Pope Benedict Resigns, Vatican Confirms

Re: Pope's resignation

anart said:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/02/11/pope-benedict-xvi-resign/1908779/ -

A Pope has not resigned since the middle ages. I do know that there were rumors when he was installed that he did not want the position at all, but this is really unusual.

I was reading up on past resigning popes and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pope_Celestine_V said:
Celestine V
got my attention, who lived in the 1200s. He was actually the one who passed the decree that popes are allowed to resign their post, and he himself followed it, about 5 months after his coronation. He came from a family of farmers and as a young man became a Benedictine monk, then followed a very strict ascetic life. He was forced into taking the position of the pope, and later after he resigned because of "the desire for humility, for a purer life, for a stainless conscience, the deficiencies of his own physical strength, his ignorance, the perverseness of the people, his longing for the tranquility of his former life", the next pope arrested him and kept him prisoner in a castle, where he died 10 months later from "infected air". In 1313 he was canonized, and his remains were eventually moved to the basilica of L'Aquila in Italy. When the big earthquake hit the region in April of 2009, the basilica was damaged, but Celestine's remains survived intact. Wiki then continues saying:

While inspecting the earthquake damage during a 28 April 2009 visit to the Aquila, Pope Benedict XVI visited Celestine's remains in the badly damaged Santa Maria di Collemaggio and left the woolen pallium he wore during his papal inauguration in April 2005 on his glass casket as a gift.[11]

To mark the 800th anniversary of Celestine's birth, Pope Benedict XVI proclaimed the Celestine year from 28 August 2009 through 29 August 2010.[12]

His entry in the Martyrologium Romanum for 19 May reads as follows:

Ad Castrum Fumorense prop Alatrium in Latio, natalis sancti Petri Caelestini, qui, cum vitam eremeticam in Aprutio ageret, fama sanctitatis et miraculorum clarus, octogenarius Romanus Pontifex electus est, assumpto nomine Caelestini Quinti, sed eodem anno munere se abdicavit et solitudinem recedere maluit.

At Castrum Fumorense near Alatri in Lazio, the birth of Saint Peter Celestine, who, when leading the life of a hermit in Abruzzo, being famous for his sanctity and miracles, was elected Roman Pontiff as an octogenarian, assumed the name Celestine V, but abandoned his office that same year and preferred to return to solitude.

This was about 4 years ago, but I did wonder after reading it whether Benedict felt inspired by Celestine's resignation at the time, and if himself did not really want to be in the position, decided to follow Celestine's steps eventually. Although this does not explain, "why now?"

Well, don't know if there is any merit to it, but I made a search for "pope resigns" and "Armageddon", and apparently, in the end of 2011 there were rumors on some sites, especially godlikeproductions, that Benedict would resign in 2012, and after him would come the last pope before Armageddon.

_http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1652672/pg1
UNGROUNDED THE RUMORS OF THE POPE'S RESIGNATION IN 2012

25 SET 2011

(AGI) Freiburg - The speculation that Benedict XVI will resign in 2012, when he turns 85, is "wholly ungrounded". This is the opinion of the high-ranking authorities in the Pope's retinue during his trip in Germany....

the Prophecy of the Popes, from Saint Malachy?

Read about it on Wikipedia:

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

The medieval prophecy says that the 112th pope after the year 1143 AD, a Pope with codename Petrus Romanus ("Peter the Roman"), will be THE LAST POPE, and will lead the Catholic Church trough Armageddon.

Guess what... Benedict XVI is the 111th pope... The next one is the 112th.

Great... The last pope of history, Petrus Romanus, will be elected in the year... 2012. Just in time for the end of Mayan calendar...

Maybe someone is trying to stick to some schedule?

He's a psychopath, so he probably wants to control who his successor is, which he's not sure he can do if he's dead.

mkrnhr said:
I wonder if there is any significance to the choice of the day and if it conveys any symbolic message. Jesuits and other Vatican people are likely to take the date issue quite seriously.
For instance, on February the 11th, 1302, Philip the Fair, King of France (the one who eliminated the Templar order), would have burnt the "Ausculta Fili", a letter addressed to him by the pope Boniface VIII. The letter was about the superiority of the power of Rome (the clergy) over the King's power. I wonder if the Vatican's historians missed this episode (or others) or if the chose the date accordingly (or maybe according to some other event).
I confess to have chosen this event just because of the year writing (1302/2013).

VEEEERY interesting!

It's also my grandfather's birthday and the anniversary of the day that Ark first came to Florida! I wrote about the "Two Wilburs" and the two copies of Velikovsky somewhere in The Wave though I think I may have altered the names a bit. It was in the story about the little girl who was murdered. So the whole thing strikes me as darned interesting.

I think maybe he knows something is going to be exposed in a big way and wants out of the mess before it all comes down.

Didn't Hilary Clinton resign recently from the State Department too? These acts give me the impression that they know that somehow the show is over and there is no point in staying there. In the case of the Pope, my first thought was that he finds the church to be an irrelevance, so why waste his last few years?

Keit said:
Well, don't know if there is any merit to it, but I made a search for "pope resigns" and "Armageddon", and apparently, in the end of 2011 there were rumors on some sites, especially godlikeproductions, that Benedict would resign in 2012, and after him would come the last pope before Armageddon.

_http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message1652672/pg1
UNGROUNDED THE RUMORS OF THE POPE'S RESIGNATION IN 2012

25 SET 2011

(AGI) Freiburg - The speculation that Benedict XVI will resign in 2012, when he turns 85, is "wholly ungrounded". This is the opinion of the high-ranking authorities in the Pope's retinue during his trip in Germany....

the Prophecy of the Popes, from Saint Malachy?

Read about it on Wikipedia:

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

The medieval prophecy says that the 112th pope after the year 1143 AD, a Pope with codename Petrus Romanus ("Peter the Roman"), will be THE LAST POPE, and will lead the Catholic Church trough Armageddon.

Guess what... Benedict XVI is the 111th pope... The next one is the 112th.

Great... The last pope of history, Petrus Romanus, will be elected in the year... 2012. Just in time for the end of Mayan calendar...

Maybe someone is trying to stick to some schedule?

Let's not forget that almost exactly 1 year ago, on 10th February 2012, a report was leaked about a Cardinal who claimed that the Pope was going to be assassinated within the next 12 months.

_http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02/10/italian-newspaper-discloses-plot_n_1267777.html

Wonder if that supposed claim was purposely leaked at the time to push a certain agenda. Interesting how the media is already promoting the idea of a black pope, one of the candidates being a certain Peter Turkson who comes from Ghana which literally means 'Warrior King'. His surname Turkson could be read as turk-son, or son of Turkey which in the mass consciousness is historically associated with Troy and all that goes with it (lining up for Armageddon in the Middle East?). Ok, I may be reading too much into it but it feels like this is all part of a bigger agenda.

Maybe this is part of the plan designed to try to induce hysteria about the end of the world. This Malachy prophecy is quite popular. Maybe PTB are expecting something in the near future, some global accident. And they anticipate that people really will be believe that pope after Benedict that be the latter, and that the end of the world is imminent.

Hard to say, the reasons may be different. Maybe Pope's decision is rather personal, he escapes from a sinking ship, he no longer wants to have anything to do with Vatican, not at all, not as a person who performs a representative role. Maybe this is a symbol of the changes taking place at different levels, maybe within the Vatican, on the planet or in the universe.

Black pope "finally" comes?

Please move this topic if it is not in appropriate section. :)

Have you read it? Pope Benedict XVI steps out. Most likely candidate is Peter Turkson, cardinal from Ghana.
Nostradamus and st. Malachi prophecy talked about this event. St. Malachi talked that last pope will be called Peter and in his reign Rome will be destroyed.

When Obama was first elected, there were rumors of him being a black pope. There is person called black pope, which is a general of Jesuit order. And this about new pope just stirrs things up!

What do you think about it?
What did the Cassiopaeans say about it?

It's difficult to say, there are so many possible causes. In being a pope and someone that was close to the former pope for several years, and probably an agent of the control system as many others, he must have some access to hidden information that is above the public level. Maybe, he knew that the destruction of the church is very near, and he wanted to step out on time to avoid being involved in it, after so many scandals in recent years.

Or simply the PTB forced him out to put a fresh new face that suits better their agenda.

This pope has a black man in his coat of arms, therefore Benedict XVI would be considered the "black pope" of Malachy prophesy _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Pope_Benedict_XVI

It would be so obvious and even laughable if they choose someone called Peter.

And the speculations:

_http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2013/02/11/pope-resignation.html

CBC said:
There will be no pontiff until a successor is chosen, the Vatican said. That selection process is expected to take place in mid-March.

The three Canadian cardinals who will be part of the conclave to pick a new pontiff are:

Cardinal Marc Ouellet, head of the Vatican's office for bishops.
Cardinal Thomas Collins, archbishop of Toronto.
Cardinal Jean-Claude Turcotte, retired archbishop of Montreal.

[...]

Cardinal Ouellet, former archbishop of Quebec, is already being mentioned in media reports as being on the long list of possible successors to Benedict.

Data said:
Also interesting that I've seen a lot of "Know your Popes" images on facebook recently.

Yes! Interesting too! And a couple of days ago I downloaded those images and put them in a folder in order to translate them to spanish :shock:

Re: Black pope "finally" comes?

Graalsword said:
It's difficult to say, there are so many possible causes. In being a pope and someone that was close to the former pope for several years, and probably an agent of the control system as many others, he must have some access to hidden information that is above the public level. Maybe, he knew that the destruction of the church is very near, and he wanted to step out on time to avoid being involved in it, after so many scandals in recent years.

Or simply the PTB forced him out to put a fresh new face that suits better their agenda.

This pope has a black man in his coat of arms, therefore Benedict XVI would be considered the "black pope" of Malachy prophesy _http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coat_of_arms_of_Pope_Benedict_XVI

It would be so obvious and even laughable if they choose someone called Peter.

It would be. And Peter Turkson actually started studying at the 'Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome' in '76 at age 28 (?)

So, in a sense, he is coming from Rome :D

All in all, it is strange that he should resign due to 'sickness'...

Roma could also mean gypsy, so if he is elected pope, could Petrus Romanus be interpreted as Peter, the Gypsy?

crazycharlie.1 said:
A Vatican spokesman, Father Federico Lombardi, said that even the Pope's closest aides did not know what he was planning to do and were left "incredulous".

Well, if Pope doesn't trust his closest aides, I wonder what message that sends to the 'rank and file'?

Back
Top Bottom