Pope Benedict Resigns, Vatican Confirms

Lightning bolt hit Vatican not once but TWICE hours after Pope's shock resignation
12 Feb 2013 12:58

The lightning touched the roof of St. Peter's Basilica, one of the holiest Catholic churches, hours after Benedict XVI's shock announcement

The spooky moment, believed by some, to be a sign from God, was caught on camera by AFP photographer Filippo Monteforte.

Today he described how he took the incredible image which has been beamed all over the world.

He said: "I took the picture from St. Peter’s Square while sheltered by the columns. It was icy cold and raining sheets. When the storm started, I thought that lightning might strike the rod, so I decided it was worth seeing whether – if it DID strike – I could get the shot at exactly the right moment.”

Filippo, armed with a 50mm lens, waited for more than two hours and was rewarded for his patience with not one but two bolts.

He added: “The first bolt was huge and lit up the sky, but unfortunately I missed it. I had better luck the second time, and was able to snap a couple of images of the dome illuminated by the bolt.”

The lightning touched the dome of St. Peter's Basilica, one of the holiest Catholic churches, after the Pope's shock admission he lacks strength to do the job.
_http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/lightning-bolt-hit-vatican-not-1705156

Speaking of symbolisms and markers, the day before the announcement of the Pope was the beginning of the Chinese year, which this time is the year of the snake. FWIW.

treesparrow said:

Wow. He really came and go with lightnings.

_http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rCH0VwRL40

Still remember his election day 7 y. ago, dark clouds, thunders and wind. At last, there were no UFOs!
Wonder why the event is attached with all this 'messages', if any. Is there really a sort of 'divine meter' around? Looks like a BS meter reacting with the charged atmosphere and reminds me of a popular folklore saying, which tells you to stay alert when engaging in BS or play dirty, that a lightning might come and catch you!

Ok, I'm not taking it so seriously :P

Mod's note: Edited to fix the quotation boxes

Some more references to the 11 th of february in History

1990 : Nelson Mandela released from prison

2011 : Egyptian Revolution culminates in the resignation of Hosni Mubarak and the transfer of power to the Supreme Military Council after 18 days of protests.

1929: Vatican City, world's smallest country, made an enclave of Rome

821: Saint Benedict of Aniane dies

1531 Henry VIII was recognised as supreme head of the Church of England.

1905 Pope Pius X published the encyclical Vehementer nos.

1916 Emma Goldman was arrested for lecturing on birth control.

1979 Islamic revolution of Iran achieved victory under the leadership of Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini.

2006 Vice President of the United States Dick Cheney accidentally shot Harry Whittington in the face, neck, and upper torso while hunting quail.

55 – Tiberius Claudius Caesar Britannicus, heir to the Roman Emperorship, dies under mysterious circumstances in Rome. This clears the way for Nero to become Emperor.

1929 – Fascist Italy and the Vatican sign the Lateran Treaty.

1953 – The Soviet Union breaks off diplomatic relations with Israel.

Jeremy F Kreuz said:
Some more references to the 11 th of february in History

1929 – Fascist Italy and the Vatican sign the Lateran Treaty.

Yup! My Mom was just reminding me of that out of memory. It's the first thing that stuck in her mind when she heard the news.
Reading on wiki it mention that the 11th of February was also the anniversary of the apparition of Lourde's Madonna and somehow in 1929 they knew it, taking it into the 'equation', so to speak, to soap up the affair. In fact, that was really also quite a financial affair for the Roman Church, indeed - the Vatican asked for the equivalent of maybe 1 billion Euros or more as of today, for the dire economic consequences of the ending of its Temporal Power (power over the Italian territory).
So Benedict XVIII's choice is looking more and more like a 'damn good' date's choice, multi-layered, propaganda proof and premeditated.

anart said:
Megan said:
Wow, it's always nice when you can have a camera set up and ready to go to record a lightning strike.

I could be wrong, but I think it's a frame grab from the video camera in the square.

If the above is to be believed, somebody DID have a camera set up and ready to go. And when he missed the first one, the lightning obligingly struck a second time in the same place.

Now, I wonder if it had "help."

[quote author=treesparrow]
Lightning bolt hit Vatican not once but TWICE hours after Pope's shock resignation
12 Feb 2013 12:58

He added: “The first bolt was huge and lit up the sky, but unfortunately I missed it. I had better luck the second time, and was able to snap a couple of images of the dome illuminated by the bolt.”
[/quote]

I've worked hard at capturing lightning myself with no luck on single pulse shots and only successful when the shutter is left open. Not saying he was not lucky, his eye hand coordination would have needed to be timed to the split second. He may have left the shutter opened, but he does not indicate that, he may have had electronic assistance, too, as said here:

Long Shutter Times – While lightning is unpredictable, it’s extremely hard to make a decent capture by tripping the shutter when you see a flash. There are some fancy remote controls that have the ability to trip when the flash is sensed, but I’m guessing you don’t want to invest in these types of gadgets. Depending on your cameras ability to manage noise on slow shutter speeds, using a timing of 30 seconds can work well. The bulb setting can also be handy if you have a way to keep the shutter open.

_http://digital-photography-school.com/how-to-photograph-lightning

What’s also interesting is that back in 2008, the then Superior General of the Jesuits Peter-Hans Kolvenbach aka the Black Pope retired from his post and Adolf Nicolas was appointed as new head of the order. The concept of the era of two Black Popes was born. Same is happening now with the White Pope which is curious given that in both cases they usually die in their positions.

On a separate note, I found this quatrain from Nostradamus quite telling:

The great star will burn for seven days,
The cloud will make two suns appear:
The large mastiff will howl all night
When the great pontiff changes his abode.

Quatrain II-41

I suspect that it is not too rare for the lightning rod on the top of the vatican to catch a strike. That IS what it is there for, after all.

Megan said:
anart said:
Megan said:
Wow, it's always nice when you can have a camera set up and ready to go to record a lightning strike.

I could be wrong, but I think it's a frame grab from the video camera in the square.

If the above is to be believed, somebody DID have a camera set up and ready to go. And when he missed the first one, the lightning obligingly struck a second time in the same place.

Now, I wonder if it had "help."

Laura said:
I suspect that it is not too rare for the lightning rod on the top of the vatican to catch a strike. That IS what it is there for, after all.

Either way it's Satan's work I tells ya. Having rebelled early on against the Polish Roman Catholic upbringing, my thoughts on the whole topic are as follows:
:barf:

Oh dear, pass the sickbag, will ya.

Laura said:

True, though the fact that it was filmed so clearly on the same day is also suspicious. Either they want to produce some ''apocalyptic'' effects or it was simple coicidence.

Found the following via _http://www.salem-news.com/articles/february122013/pope-resigns.php
itccs.org/ said:
Diplomatic Note was issued to Vatican just prior to his resignation
New Pope and Catholic clergy face indictment and arrest as "Easter Reclamation" plan continues
A Global Media Release and Statement from The International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State

Brussels:

The historically unprecedented resignation of Joseph Ratzinger as Pope this week was compelled by an upcoming action by a European government to issue an arrest warrant against Ratzinger and a public lien against Vatican property and assets by Easter.

The ITCCS Central Office in Brussels is compelled by Pope Benedict's sudden abdication to disclose the following details:

1. On Friday, February 1, 2013, on the basis of evidence supplied by our affiliated Common Law Court of Justice (itccs.org), our Office concluded an agreement with representatives of a European nation and its courts to secure an arrest warrant against Joseph Ratzinger, aka Pope Benedict, for crimes against humanity and ordering a criminal conspiracy.

2. This arrest warrant was to be delivered to the office of the "Holy See" in Rome on Friday, February 15, 2013. It allowed the nation in question to detain Ratzinger as a suspect in a crime if he entered its sovereign territory.

3. A diplomatic note was issued by the said nation's government to the Vatican's Secretary of State, Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, on Monday, February 4, 2013, informing Bertone of the impending arrest warrant and inviting his office to comply. No reply to this note was received from Cardinal Bertone or his office; but six days later, Pope Benedict resigned.

4. The agreement between our Tribunal and the said nation included a second provision to issue a commercial lien through that nation's courts against the property and wealth of the Roman Catholic church commencing on Easter Sunday, March 31, 2013. This lien was to be accompanied by a public and global "Easter Reclamation Campaign" whereby Catholic church property was to be occupied and claimed by citizens as public assets forfeited under international law and the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court.

5. It is the decision of our Tribunal and the said nation's government to proceed with the arrest of Joseph Ratzinger upon his vacating the office of the Roman Pontiff on a charge of crimes against humanity and criminal conspiracy.

6. It is our further decision to proceed as well with the indictment and arrest of Joseph Ratzinger's successor as Pope on the same charges; and to enforce the commercial lien and "Easter Reclamation Campaign" against the Roman Catholic church, as planned.

In closing, our Tribunal acknowledges that Pope Benedict's complicity in criminal activities of the Vatican Bank (IOR) was compelling his eventual dismissal by the highest officials of the Vatican. But according to our sources, Secretary of State Tarcisio Bertone forced Joseph Ratzinger's resignation immediately, and in direct response to the diplomatic note concerning the arrest warrant that was issued to him by the said nation's government on February 4, 2013.

We call upon all citizens and governments to assist our efforts to legally and directly disestablish the Vatican, Inc. and arrest its chief officers and clergy who are complicit in crimes against humanity and the ongoing criminal conspiracy to aid and protect child torture and trafficking.

Further bulletins on the events of the Easter Reclamation Campaign will be issued by our Office this week.

Issued 13 February, 2013
12:00 am GMT
by the Brussels Central Office

Haven't heard about itccs ( 'International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State' -est. 2011) before, but right off the bat it seems unrealistic that the Vatican wouldn't have tied this loose end in some covert way. Perhaps it's a red herring, or it's time for the controllers to let the vatican flush or maybe the ponerogenic process is just that far into oblivion and out of control that they are at their wits end ? And what anonymous European nation would be involved here?

Just to add to the "mystery". Isn't one of the two possible comets of 2013, make his appearance in mid march. Probably exactly when the new pope is to be elected?

parallel said:
Haven't heard about itccs ( 'International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State' -est. 2011) before, but right off the bat it seems unrealistic that the Vatican wouldn't have tied this loose end in some covert way. Perhaps it's a red herring, or it's time for the controllers to let the vatican flush or maybe the ponerogenic process is just that far into oblivion and out of control that they are at their wits end ? And what anonymous European nation would be involved here?

I think it's a red herring - from what I understand, the Holy See is immune from state or international prosecution on everything - even murder. It is an empire unto itself and isn't bound by any country's laws, which is remarkable in and of itself. This was discussed on the forum, I think, quite some time ago, when the Vatican money laundering and murder scandal happened. Apologies for not having the name of that Cardinal at hand or the details (I know he's in Arizona now) it was quite a few years ago.

I think it's a red herring - from what I understand, the Holy See is immune from state or international prosecution on everything - even murder. It is an empire unto itself and isn't bound by any country's laws, which is remarkable in and of itself. This was discussed on the forum, I think, quite some time ago, when the Vatican money laundering and murder scandal happened. Apologies for not having the name of that Cardinal at hand or the details (I know he's in Arizona now) it was quite a few years ago.

From the top of my head I think his name was Marcinkus which is confirmed by wikipedia. Apparently he died in 2006.

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Marcinkus

Back
Top Bottom