Photos

Alejo, when I saw this picture I just wanted to cuddle and hug him and continue hugging and then more hugging and..did I mention hugging Grin? He's beautiful! He reminds so much me of a little dog I took care of for a while that a teardrop came trough (I had to give her away...), she was like hero, but with brownish fur. She had such a beautiful temper....A true gem!

thanks! i know that's all i want to do as well, but he's way to energetic he just wants to play, bite, run, jump, sniff sniff sniff !!, play, :)
here are some other pictures although he's grown a lot more since these were taken, ill put some new recent ones up soon.

CIMG1483.jpg

That's me and hero!
CIMG1455.jpg

CIMG1267.jpg

hero on my girfriends lap, by the way he loves her, whenever we come home he just starts jumping like a kangaroo !! :D:D

I am and have always been a dog lover. :D Growing up we moved a lot however and some times lost a dog or two along the way. :cry:

After losing Rusty, Sam and Tipi at about 13 or so (long story) I went nearly 20-years without another dog. Then these two angels came into my life.

:clap: :thup:

They are both rescue girls and I got them on the same day. Madison, bless her heart, had been in and out of the shelter 3-times! Her previous owner died on her, the ones before that were arrested on drug charges (she was neglected if not abused by that couple anyways) and the couple before that had a baby, then decided a dog was more than they could handle. I promised her she would never have to return to the kennel. :-)

Here is Madison. She is the "big puppy" and AKA Madisonia, Harmonia. :-)

4136596541_6f45433cfb_o.jpg

Rasa on the other hand was merely 4-months old that day in the kennel and was cute as good be then, just as she is now, coming upon her 3rd birthday. Everyone who meets Rasa just loves her! She too, bless her heart, was in a bad situation though, as they found her running down Ponce De Leon (major road) in Atlanta, with nothing but a shoestring tied around her neck. So her name was shoestring, then. But when I found her, or she found me, whichever, I decided it was time for a fresh start, a new life hence new name and so named her Rasa, the idea coming from Locke's Tabula Rasa. She is the "little puppy".

4136596473_ae96b25bc9_o.jpg

Picture of Rasa-Roo

4136596529_bbdbd29220_o.jpg

AKA The Great, Fantabulous, Spectacular, Magnificent, Unparalleled, Wondiferous, Rassini! (she loves it when I announce her like that. :lol:)

Here are the two of them together, with another dog, Kohl, (lab and dane mix) in the background.

4136596121_818b414079_o.jpg

4137360108_43fdd4a6cc_o.jpg

Madison in her favourite pose, lounging about.

4137360060_bf3b927ace_o.jpg

"Rub my belly you fool! Please?"

I do not consider myself their "owner" rather their caretaker or steward, as such there are often lots of neighborhood dogs that come to play.
I will not post all of the pictures of the various dogs that would strangely show up on our door from time to time, but here are a few.
BTW, none of the dogs needed help, they would come over, I would let them in, they would all play, and then I would let them out.
On occassion (such as Sampson) I would call the owner if I did not recognize the dog, but it seems they always just wanted to play
for a while and then go on their way!

4137359880_34e3627dcd_o.jpg

Going clockwise: Tyler, Lefty, Atlas, Beau (in middle) Rusty and Rasa. Everyone was willing to sit, without treats even, except Lefty, that stinker. LOL.

4136596571_043e28cb8d_o.jpg

This is Atlas, a magnificent German Shepherd found running around I-285 in Atlanta. He has a tattoo and attempts were made to trace him without success.
It appears that based on the tattoo numbering system he is from Poland.

Pictures of Rasa playing with Ali.

4137360646_92a203b569_o.jpg

4137360628_7eb9c2f0eb_o.jpg

4136596761_a674f54512_o.jpg

Few things are as rewarding as a happy, smiling puppy.

Visiting Dogs . . .

4136597077_f8466d4365_o.jpg

Lefty: Even though he wouldn't sit with the rest of em (above) look at that face, who can blame him!

4137360894_6ba2837cd3_o.jpg

Tyler and Lefty, play-dates for Rasa and Madison.

4137360660_27dff09775_o.jpg

Sampson the Giant, dwarfing Rasa who is behind him!

4136596927_e8133aceed_o.jpg

Sampson, almost as big as the door!

This is my 2D friend..
He's name is Set and he is very good dog but unfortunately people are afraid of him...

Attachments

• DSC00086.JPG
    DSC00086.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC00146.JPG
    DSC00146.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 4
Thank you Leoursa and maja for sharing pictures of your 2D friends, and their 2D friends. ;)

They are all very beautiful.

anothermagyar said:
Goodness! :D

He is so cute! :lol:

I agree! :love:

Leoursa said:
Madison, bless her heart, had been in and out of the shelter 3-times! Her previous owner died on her, the ones before that were arrested on drug charges (she was neglected if not abused by that couple anyways) and the couple before that had a baby, then decided a dog was more than they could handle. I promised her she would never have to return to the kennel.
Poor thing... I am glad that she found you!

Thank you for the photos Leoursa and maja, they are gorgeous!

My goodness Leoursa!! Your like the dog whisperess!! :lol:

Your doggies are very lucky to have a neighborhood of friends that come around.

Maja your Set is equally as beautiful and I know exactly what your talking about.. unfortunately some people stereotype and get scared when they see certain dogs but then some people do that with other people too!

Thanks to both of you for the pics! ;)

Thank you so much Leoursa, for sharing those pictures, they brought a smile to my face.

Leoursa said:
I do not consider myself their "owner" rather their caretaker or steward, as such there are often lots of neighborhood dogs that come to play.
I will not post all of the pictures of the various dogs that would strangely show up on our door from time to time, but here are a few.
BTW, none of the dogs needed help, they would come over, I would let them in, they would all play, and then I would let them out.
On occassion (such as Sampson) I would call the owner if I did not recognize the dog, but it seems they always just wanted to play
for a while and then go on their way!

haha :lol: Wow That is soooo cool!

Going clockwise: Tyler, Lefty, Atlas, Beau (in middle) Rusty and Rasa. Everyone was willing to sit, without treats even, except Lefty, that stinker. LOL.

Lefty is a rebel!! lol!! She doesn't like conformity ;)

Thanks also to Maja! Lovely 2D friend you have :)

I have been sitting here enjoying everyone's photos of their 2D friends and thought I would share a couple of mine. I have a total of 8 cats, but don't have good photos of all of them (working on that).

First, "Momarella". She was a stray in the neighborhood when we moved in at our current home. She was crippled in her right rear leg and would not let anyone near her. When she became pregnant, we felt sorry for her and began to feed her. She would eat, but still would not let anyone within 3 feet of her. My husband patiently "worked on her" and over time was the first to be able to pet her. During this time, she had her kittens in a box of junk on our front porch. When I saw that, I made up a new box with a nice warm, clean blanket in it and placed the kittens inside. She accepted it! I was overjoyed that she had not rejected the box. By the time the kittens were a few weeks old, she was finally allowing us to pet her and eventually accepted our invitation to live with us. We first called her Cinderella "the step cat" as she lived on the front steps...we changed it when she moved in with us to Momarella because she likes to wash everyone's face...ours, the other cats'...anyone who will sit still long enough! She is also now quite the lap leech (just try getting her off your lap).

The second kitty is Momarella's son "Rorschack" as he is a "psych test"! He wanted nothing to do with humans and did NOT want to be touched. He would let me "virtually pet" him about 1 inch away from his body...we called it petting his "aura". Then he got where he would get on my lap in a certain position and then I was allowed to pet him. But not at any other time or in any other circumstances. It has taken me several years, but now I can pet him most any time and it does not have to be on my lap. He even lets me hug him now! He's "my guy". Luckily my husband is very understanding as he has his own attachments.

Edit: Forgot to mention that yes Momarella was spayed soon after the kittens were weaned and all of my cats have been neutered/spayed. And, oh yeah, Momarella does not let her bad leg slow her down at all!

Attachments

• DSCN0309.JPG
    DSCN0309.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCN3036.JPG
    DSCN3036.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 2
Here is my cat sheker (sugar in Turkish). Well a better expression is i am her human. ;)

84979139.jpg

sitting beside my guitar case watching the watchers.

dsc7705.jpg

dsc7706.jpg

Thanks everyone for the great pictures of you dogs and cats :thup:; Leoursa, Those dogs you have are just photogenic hams - love them all. It would sure be fun walking (probably more like being dragged running) with that pack!

Here is one of mine named Jack; and he loves cats and is just a gentle mushy giant who thinks he owns the couch. Try as might, just can't get him off it. :whistle:
resizeof20051211020.jpg

This is my neighboor's cat named Fat Cat. I call him Fats and he is my sometimes smoking buddy. Seems FC use to be much larger when he walked into my neighbor's open front door a few years ago and wouldn't leave. The owner of FC saw that he liked it better at his new location and let FC stay. He climbs across the roofs when he sees me come out for a smoke and if I ignore him he gives me a friendly pat for a reminder of petting. The first few times he did the friendly pat I thought he was going to claw me and I shooed him away. If he uses the left paw he gets extra petting. :D The winter will be a little lonely without Fats. :(

fatcat001.jpg

fatcat002.jpg

I just want you all to know, and to thank you all, that I fully enjoy the sharing of your pictures of your 2D friends. It is so heartwarming to see how well-cared for all of these little beings are.

Each and every one of them is gorgeous! And I would love to pet and hug every one of them.

Keep 'em coming. They really brighten up my day. Thank you. :thup: :love: :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom