Photos and videos of our amazing 2D residents

Cette beauté est un étalon Sorrel Léopard Appaloosa. Cette sublime et rarissime variété de chevaux est originaire du nord-ouest des États-Unis. Issue des montures perdues par les colons européens, elle était sélectionnée traditionnellement par les Premières Nations. Ses ancêtres appartenaient aux Indiens Nez Percés.
📷 Beth Hostetler

This beauty is a Sorrel Leopard Appaloosa stallion. This sublime and extremely rare variety of horses is native to the northwestern United States. Stemming from mounts lost by European settlers, it was traditionally selected by the First Nations. His ancestors belonged to the Nez Perces Indians.
📷 Beth Hostetler

FsNmkxfXgAEI5za

La main d'un jeune orang-outan On dirait bien une main humaine ! C'est presque perturbant... L'Orang-outan : plus grand mammifère arboricole. Le nom « orang-outan » vient du malais orang hutan, qui signifie littéralement « homme de la forêt » et on comprend pourquoi Jessie Williams

The hand of a young orangutan It looks like a human hand! It's almost disturbing... The Orangutan: largest arboreal mammal. The name “orangutan” comes from the Malay orang hutan, which literally means “man of the forest” and we understand why Jessie Williams

FsO2CjIWwAIhFJt
Plese forgive me, but this hand reminds me this: ;p

Yellow Jacket
suddenly coming to life after 5 month

A couple days ago, my husband replanted all the geraniums and other plants, cutting them and adding new soil - when we bumped into what we thought was a dead yellow jacket among the old flower pots... Instead of throwing her away, I put her in a little cappuccino cup with some cling film over it and put it aside for later. My thought was to take some "stacked" super macro images of her body.

this morning
as i came home from work, and the sun was already up, shining into our kitchen, i thought of the yellow jacket, and prepared the camera and macro lens on a mini tripod etc, in order to take stacked images... All of the sudden, the little creature started to move. I was completely surprized, almost hocked - because, well... i thought she was dead. After all, it must have been 5 month she dwelled ...

I am trying to form words around the feeling that came over me - because it literally hit me, unexpected and strong. The first thing that sprung into my mind was, how terrible and deeply sorry i felt for this little creature; a "thing/ an object" i thought was dead since long time, now all of the sudden sprung to life after all this time, yet got captured in a cup and sealed with cling film for several days. This sudden spark of life, felt incredible precious ! From having thought she was a dead object to be studied in fine detail... it all seemed so not important within seconds.

But - I didn't know how to help her to strength, really. (Regardless how i formulated my question in internet search engines - all i got back - was how to kill yellow jackets - but not how to nurture a weak individual one.:rolleyes:

I took some drops of water mixed with sugar, as well put a micro amount of ground meat near by her... but I am afraid it didn't really help her in the long run... After a half day, she barely moved in the end and i let her go from the balcony. :cry:

So, while she was alive, i took handheld, simple images from a greater distance.

Normally (as a dead insect) i would have fixated her, and then made 150+ images with the camera on a tripod, where the focus moves in every single photo with a tiny, tiny amount backwards. Then you "stack" all images into one - but only the sharp areas are added together. That way you can achieve a much greater in depth sharp image - revealing the super fine details in insects (which you normally can't get in just taking a single macro image).

When I, very gently, came closer with my finger towards her, she would raise her front right arm and touch my finger...

2023-04-09-07-19-00.jpg

2023-04-09-07-37-32.jpg

A playful beluga whale returned an iPhone after a woman accidentally dropped it into the water in Hammerfest Harbor, Norway.

THAT'S JUST INCREDIBLE ! 💞 And so beautiful....

Yellow Jacket
suddenly coming to life after 5 month

A couple days ago, my husband replanted all the geraniums and other plants, cutting them and adding new soil - when we bumped into what we thought was a dead yellow jacket among the old flower pots... Instead of throwing her away, I put her in a little cappuccino cup with some cling film over it and put it aside for later. My thought was to take some "stacked" super macro images of her body.

this morning
as i came home from work, and the sun was already up, shining into our kitchen, i thought of the yellow jacket, and prepared the camera and macro lens on a mini tripod etc, in order to take stacked images... All of the sudden, the little creature started to move. I was completely surprized, almost hocked - because, well... i thought she was dead. After all, it must have been 5 month she dwelled ...

I am trying to form words around the feeling that came over me - because it literally hit me, unexpected and strong. The first thing that sprung into my mind was, how terrible and deeply sorry i felt for this little creature; a "thing/ an object" i thought was dead since long time, now all of the sudden sprung to life after all this time, yet got captured in a cup and sealed with cling film for several days. This sudden spark of life, felt incredible precious ! From having thought she was a dead object to be studied in fine detail... it all seemed so not important within seconds.

But - I didn't know how to help her to strength, really. (Regardless how i formulated my question in internet search engines - all i got back - was how to kill yellow jackets - but not how to nurture a weak individual one.:rolleyes:

I took some drops of water mixed with sugar, as well put a micro amount of ground meat near by her... but I am afraid it didn't really help her in the long run... After a half day, she barely moved in the end and i let her go from the balcony. :cry:

So, while she was alive, i took handheld, simple images from a greater distance.

Normally (as a dead insect) i would have fixated her, and then made 150+ images with the camera on a tripod, where the focus moves in every single photo with a tiny, tiny amount backwards. Then you "stack" all images into one - but only the sharp areas are added together. That way you can achieve a much greater in depth sharp image - revealing the super fine details in insects (which you normally can't get in just taking a single macro image).

When I, very gently, came closer with my finger towards her, she would raise her front right arm and touch my finger...

View attachment 73244

View attachment 73245
These pictures are amazing.

Un éléphant particulièrement poilu. Oui, certains d'entre eux ont des cheveux ! Les éléphants asiatiques sont notablement plus poilus que les éléphants africains et les bébés éléphants d'Asie ont le plus de poils, leur corps étant recouvert de cheveux brun foncé rougeâtre. Alors que de nombreux animaux ont des poils ou de la fourrure pour les garder au chaud par temps froid, les chercheurs ont découvert qu'en fait, les poils rares des éléphants servent de mécanisme de refroidissement qui éloigne la chaleur du corps. En raison de leur rapport volume corporel/surface cutanée élevé, les éléphants ont le plus besoin de perte de chaleur comparé à tout autre animal terrestre moderne.

A particularly hairy elephant. Yes, some of them have hair! Asian elephants are notably hairier than African elephants, and baby Asian elephants have the most hair, with their bodies covered in dark reddish-brown hair. While many animals have hair or fur to keep them warm in cold weather, researchers have found that in fact, elephants' sparse hair serves as a cooling mechanism that draws heat away from the body. Due to their high body volume to skin surface area ratio, elephants require the most heat loss compared to any other modern land animal. Ameen Shaikh

FsP5USBWwAMJ_0n
Quelle beauté mon doux Seigneur!

LION LOVERS
@LIONLOVERS5
10 avr.

Magnifique! Les mignons petits nouveaux bébés de la fierté à dents cassées. Par ndzuti_safari_camps IG ne sait toujours pas grand-chose de cette fierté à part qu’ils sont une méga fierté dans le parc national Kruger et les hommes de fierté sont les 4 impressionnants mâles Maseke.

Gorgeous! The cute little new broken tooth pride babies. By ndzuti_safari_camps IG still doesn't know much about this pride other than they are a mega pride in Kruger National Park and the pride men are the 4 awesome male Maseke.

Cette vidéo n’est rien d’autre qu’un concombre de mer qui déploie sa bouche et ses tentacules pour se nourir On peut décrire le concombre de mer comme un tube de muscle mou couvert de pattes. Il possède une bouche centrale entourée de tentacules à une extrémité, et un anus à...

This video is nothing but a sea cucumber spreading its mouth and tentacles to feed. The sea cucumber can be described as a tube of soft muscle covered in legs. It has a central mouth surrounded by tentacles at one end, and an anus at...

Le phasme Goliath ou Eurycnema goliath, peut atteindre 30 centimètres de long. Autant dire que c'est un géant pour un insecte Il est originaire du Nord et de l’Ouest de l’Australie, sans doute est-ce également l’un des plus grands de ce continent. Avec ses 15 cm, le mâle est bien plus petit que la femelle. Il se distingue également par la présence d’ailes de grande taille, plus modestes chez sa partenaire, lui seul pouvant réellement voler. La femelle est uniquement capable de planer légèrement pour ne pas se blesser lorsqu’elle tombe. Son corps est de couleur verte, avec des taches jaunes sur la tête, le thorax et les pattes. Il possède trois paires de pattes sont vertes marquées de rouge aux extrémités. Il peut vivre environ un an. Impressionnante créature ! MelC Photography

The Goliath stick insect or Eurycnema goliath can reach 30 centimeters in length. Suffice to say that it is a giant for an insect It is native to northern and western Australia, without doubt it is also one of the largest on this continent. With its 15 cm, the male is much smaller than the female. It is also distinguished by the presence of large wings, more modest in its partner, only it can really fly. The female is only able to hover slightly so as not to injure herself when she falls. Its body is green in color, with yellow spots on the head, thorax and legs. It has three pairs of legs are green marked with red at the ends. It can live for about a year. Impressive creature! MelC Photography

FtTUWnPXoAAnjGH

https://twitter.com/LeContempIateur/status/1645173466260287489/photo/1

Back
Top Bottom