Paleo Women/Diet and Menstruation

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Helle said:
I know I should have it removed. I really should. I just don't have a working alternative just yet.

Is your husband/companion's taking care of the contraception not an option?

He refuses to get snipped :-[

Helle said:
Mrs.Tigersoap said:
Helle said:
I know I should have it removed. I really should. I just don't have a working alternative just yet.

Is your husband/companion's taking care of the contraception not an option?

Am I the only one to have noticed how men, generally, do not want to take the responsibility of contraception? I asked, and no one wanted...

By the way, I do not use any contraception anymore, from 5 years, we do as we can without it... without any trouble.

Helle said:

Then maybe condoms could be a solution? I'm just saying this because 'male contraception' is generally less invasive and potentially less dangerous than female contraception.

I can understand how nervous one must get when thinking about being operated on in this sensitive area. But from what I read from some male members on this forum, it's no big deal and they never looked back. If you haven't already read them, maybe these two threads might help:

Vasectomy : http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,14835.msg117704.html#msg117704

Tubal Ligation : http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,23376.msg257247.html#msg257247

MK Scarlett said:
Am I the only one to have noticed how men, generally, do not want to take the responsibility of contraception? I asked, and no one wanted...

Some are more willing than others. Maybe it stems from a (deliberate?) lack of information ? Female contraception is discussed widely - although not always accurately - in women's magazines, in the general press, at the ob-gyn, with girlfriends and with sisters, mothers, etc. When do men get to discuss these things?

Mrs.Tigersoap said:
MK Scarlett said:

Some are more willing than others. Maybe it stems from a (deliberate?) lack of information ? Female contraception is discussed widely - although not always accurately - in women's magazines, in the general press, at the ob-gyn, with girlfriends and with sisters, mothers, etc. When do men get to discuss these things?

I guess some men are more willing than others and I am not surprised that some of them can be found here... You know, as these men who disguised as women to be able to "put itself in their place", as the wizards about whom speaks Castaneda...

It is only that in my life, I ever known only one who wanted to talk about this or wanted to try something else which would have made them inclined to envisage a male solution. But when I decided to stop any form of female contraception five years ago, my husband answered to me he was ready to use the condoms solution. We decided together that it could be the best alternative for both of us. For the first time of my life, I had a a comprehensive ear about this subject.

Helle said:

Helle, I only can share my own experience and condoms were the best solution for us, and it works. The thing most important is to talk about it together, explore possibilities and take a decision together. I wish you will find the better solution for both of you.

I reckon if you say: you want hanky-panky, then you take care of the problem, you might get some action. No condom, no fun.

Sheesh!

Laura said:
I reckon if you say: you want hanky-panky, then you take care of the problem, you might get some action. No condom, no fun.

Sheesh!

Good solution Laura, and surely fun for Helle! I would try it if I had to! :thup:

MK Scarlett said:
But when I decided to stop any form of female contraception five years ago, my husband answered to me he was ready to use the condoms solution. We decided together that it could be the best alternative for both of us.

Same here.

Laura said:

:lol: Yes! Refusal of condom as a deal breaker!

Helle, I think it is worth insisting with him, since it does not make such a difference for him and it will make a world of difference for your health!! Surely he cannot remain deaf to that, can he? :)

Then maybe condoms could be a solution?

It absolutely could, and will be the solution. - And he's going to get used to it! (and me too...)

But I have to admit, that I don't really like condoms... for a lot of reasons. The biggest issue being, that I had a condom breaking twice! I guess pregnancy is still very rare even in that extreme case.
Maybe down the road, he'll change his mind, and get that vasectomy ;)

My husband loves me very much, but he doesn't see anything wrong with the synthetically hormone in Mirena IUD. He doesn't see a problem with gluten either, soo..
He does accept and respect, however I wish to eat and live though.. He just thinks I'm a littlebit wacko :/

Thanks all for the wonderful support. That helped me make the decision today, to make a doctorcsappointment!

Helle said:
Thanks all for the wonderful support. That helped me make the decision today, to make a doctorcsappointment!

That's great Helle! :)

Helle said:
But I have to admit, that I don't really like condoms... for a lot of reasons. The biggest issue being, that I had a condom breaking twice!

Oh my! So far, it never happened to us but I would be very nervous indeed!

Hellle said:
My husband loves me very much, but he doesn't see anything wrong with the synthetically hormone in Mirena IUD. He doesn't see a problem with gluten either, soo..
He does accept and respect, however I wish to eat and live though.. He just thinks I'm a littlebit wacko

It's great that he respects your opinions. And you his. Hopefully, you two will be able to share a little more as time goes by... but easy does it. In my experience, it's often best to show by example. An improved health, a calmer behaviour, etc. are things that he might notice and start inquiring about...(or not).

Take care.

Helle said:
Then maybe condoms could be a solution?

It absolutely could, and will be the solution. - And he's going to get used to it! (and me too...)

But I have to admit, that I don't really like condoms... for a lot of reasons. The biggest issue being, that I had a condom breaking twice! I guess pregnancy is still very rare even in that extreme case.
Maybe down the road, he'll change his mind, and get that vasectomy ;)

He does accept and respect, however I wish to eat and live though.. He just thinks I'm a littlebit wacko :/

Helle, Mrs Tigersoap and you gave me a lesson of compassion in this thread (I have to work on this - between elses - after having set up a wall around me), so it is one for all, and all for one... ;)

MK Scarlett said:
Helle, Mrs Tigersoap and you gave me a lesson of compassion in this thread (I have to work on this - between elses - after having set up a wall around me), so it is one for all, and all for one...

:)

I'm SO happy I finally made an appointment to get my Mirena removed, Feb. 1st.

- But I had a dream last night, that I was expecting twins... I was HUGE!
Guess it's my underlying fear coming through in my dreams :rolleyes:

Helle said:
I'm SO happy I finally made an appointment to get my Mirena removed, Feb. 1st.

- But I had a dream last night, that I was expecting twins... I was HUGE!
Guess it's my underlying fear coming through in my dreams :rolleyes:

May I suggest you to show this:
http://www.filmsdocumentaires.com/films/1008-living-matrix
The Living Matrix - The Science of Healing - we bring you breakthroughs that will transform your understanding of how to get well and stay well.
Now you can get an up-close look at the science of information as medicine. Leading researchers and health practitioners share their discoveries on the "miracle cures" traditional medicine can't explain.

Actually, I looked at it with a lot of interest, and we showed it in family, and without know why exactly, your previous comment reminds me this documentary... But you maybe already know it... ;)

Just noting down here that in reading the Barbara Marciniak book mentioned earlier, much of it read as off so I refrained from posting any info from it. That's further confirmed in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom