Oscar the Cat

Pete02 said:
Appreciate the thoughts Mrs. Peel and I have considered repellent but the weather would just wash that away too. I was hoping maybe someone had an idea why this cat would be doing this so I could try and correct it. I mean I've heard of marking your territory but its a car?! Its not even there all week long!

I will look into the repellent idea some more tho, maybe if I can deter him long enough he will give up.

Ask him to stop.

eliansito said:
Pete02 said:
Appreciate the thoughts Mrs. Peel and I have considered repellent but the weather would just wash that away too. I was hoping maybe someone had an idea why this cat would be doing this so I could try and correct it. I mean I've heard of marking your territory but its a car?! Its not even there all week long!

I will look into the repellent idea some more tho, maybe if I can deter him long enough he will give up.

Ask him to stop.

eliansito, are you serious, or did you intend that as a joke?

eliansito said:
The fact that you are asking makes me wary about clarifying. I was serious.

I'm just wondering why you think it would work, given the situation Pete02 has described, for him to simply ask the cat to stop? After all, it's not even his cat -- has this ever worked in the past for you?

I will not go into giving examples of such instances of interspecies communication in my or in others experiences, that would be like going to prove that blondes are not stupid, I will just say that the fact it is not even his cat matters little.

Even if he didn't believe it could work there wouldn't be no harm and maybe some fun in trying wouldn't it? ;)

The ambiguity and shortness of my post was to avoid precisely the double bind offered.

R

eliansito said:
I will not go into giving examples of such instances of interspecies communication in my or in others experiences, that would be like going to prove that blondes are not stupid, I will just say that the fact it is not even his cat matters little.

Even if he didn't believe it could work there wouldn't be no harm and maybe some fun in trying wouldn't it? ;)

The ambiguity and shortness of my post was to avoid precisely the double bind offered.

It was, in fact, lacking in external consideration precisely because it was ambiguous. It may or may not be fun for Pete02 to ask the cat to stop spraying all of his earthly possessions (and maybe he already has), but the point is that he specifically requested help from the rest of the forum in resolving this problem. If you have had successful experiences requesting things of animals, then why not share them? Sharing your direct or indirect experiences may actually be one way you might be able to help Pete02, since if it has worked for others, it may work for him as well. As a matter of fact, to use your own analogy, if one really wishes to prove that "blondes are not stupid", all one has to do is provide evidence for an intelligent blonde (of which there are doubtless very many) -- the same would hold true for your suggestion.

Shijing said:
eliansito said:
Pete02 said:

Ask him to stop.

eliansito, are you serious, or did you intend that as a joke?

I actually thought it was a joke myself. My problem eliansito is that I go to sleep and when I wake, there is the mark of the cat. Needless to say I'm not about to sit up all night long and wait for him on my porch so I have never even seen this cat. He just continually sneaks by at night and leaves his mark on my car.

I actually found your response rather funny although someone else on the forum may not have liked that particular response were it directed at them. It would be a good idea to listen to what Shijing is trying to explain to you. There are many good people on the forum and I'm sure you wouldn't want to offend any of them. If I ever do get the chance tho eliansito, I'll be sure to try and ask the cat nicely! ;)

Pete02 said:
If I ever do get the chance tho eliansito, I'll be sure to try and ask the cat nicely! ;)

If you do get the chance, let us know how it goes! I'd like to think it would work, but there's only one way to find out :)

Added: eliansito, I want to restate that there was nothing wrong per se with what you suggested to Pete02, but with how you did it (ambiguously). Had it been clear that it was a joke, that would have been fine -- as you intended it to be serious, that is fine too; I am very open to the possibility that interspecies communication of the kind you suggest is possible, and don't consider it a silly idea, so I think you should feel free to describe your experiences if they have worked for you.

I realize that you may feel that you had a bad day here today since you received corrections from various people on different threads -- that is how the forum functions, how learning occurs, and how we strive to promote colinearity amongst all of our members. It can be difficult in the midst of the process (and I can assure you that the moderators are not exempt from this) because of the attack on our buffers and the resistance of our predator's mind, but it is part of the "refining fire" that we can use to burn away the chaff of our misperceptions of both ourselves and our environment, as we collectively strive to shed our mechanicality and become beings who can Be and Do. I hope this clarifies more than confuses.

No problems at all, I will explain. :)

Having been corrected in other threads has nothing to do with my reply here, although I resist and react to corrections, rest assured that I deeply appreciate the slaps in the back of the hand...or I wouldn't stay here :halo: I also try to keep emotions on the thread they belong, whilst trying to work on them...

My ambiguity was actually intended as external consideration, if someone doesn't believe in the possibility of asking the feline he will interpret a joke and if someone knows it can be done he will understand (that was my logic). I reversed external consideration and should have trusted the safety of the forum and the openness of its members instead.

A friend of mine who happens to be a cat lover himself, once was living in a very rural and tropical area and had a problem with ants in the kitchen, they were all around, all the time, to take over whatever leftovers were lying around for more than 30 seconds. This enerved my friend since he is the kind that would not kill or harm any sentient being.

The situation was getting worse by the day and one morning out of sheer desperation, in the verge of having to use insecticide the next day against his heart and because of the pressure of the other people in the house he just snapped and told the ants to stop it because he couldn't stand it no more, and they were even starting to consider insecticides, and they were all going to die and he didn't want that... Not in a threatening way or in an artificial condescendent way, it was just the genuine expression of his feelings.

Well the next day the ants were gone, not to be seen again around the kitchen. To his amazement.

I myself have experienced similar instances with cats and dogs although not as blunt as my friends.
Have tried with mosquitoes but haven't managed yet so pass me the repellent please....
I understand that the key is the genuinity or sincerity of the communication.

I remember reading Sumerhill by A.S.Neil, a book about free education where the author made a fine distinction between scolding a kid in a moralistic way and expressing ones feelings about a kid's wrongdoing from an equal to equal perspective ven being rightfully mad. The reaction of the kid is totally different, he can relate and there is no harm done as opposed to the moralistic scolding and the sermon where the opposite is the result. I have personally experienced with that.

Although kids and animals are different the point (and my guess) is that such communication has to be genuine to be effective.

Cats are mysterious animals, should you be willing to try, do it even if the cat is not there.

Hope it works. ;D

R

eliansito said:
The situation was getting worse by the day and one morning out of sheer desperation, in the verge of having to use insecticide the next day against his heart and because of the pressure of the other people in the house he just snapped and told the ants to stop it because he couldn't stand it no more, and they were even starting to consider insecticides, and they were all going to die and he didn't want that... Not in a threatening way or in an artificial condescendent way, it was just the genuine expression of his feelings.

Well the next day the ants were gone, not to be seen again around the kitchen. To his amazement.

[...]

I understand that the key is the genuinity or sincerity of the communication.

I remember reading Sumerhill by A.S.Neil, a book about free education where the author made a fine distinction between scolding a kid in a moralistic way and expressing ones feelings about a kid's wrongdoing from an equal to equal perspective ven being rightfully mad. The reaction of the kid is totally different, he can relate and there is no harm done as opposed to the moralistic scolding and the sermon where the opposite is the result. I have personally experienced with that.

I think that's a really interesting story -- and since I have a regular ant problem every summer, I am going to try it too :)

I also think that what you explain above makes sense and has a very interesting parallel with the Cassiopaean experiment -- in that Laura was told that she was contacted by the C's because she sincerely asked for answers to questions without anticipation and without being manipulative -- in other words, she was sincere and this is what created the necessary context for the communication. Well, this is 6D-3D contact, so I don't see why the same principle couldn't be possible in one way or another with 3D-2D (or any other combination)!

Good point about the C's didn't think about it. It's not interspecies rather inter-dimensional communication.

With regards to that
I'll be sure to try and ask the cat nicely!
don't! Ask sincerely, if you do it nicely he will notice.

Tx

Back
Top Bottom