Oscar the Cat

Wow. I have lived with cats for all but 2 years of my life. (I am now 50). I have never experienced any "draining of energy" or anything like that. In fact, I have often felt comforted and calmer when my cats get on me.

I once had a cat "Desi" who did not like to be picked up nor was she a lap cat. She liked to be near me, but not on me. Except: when someone meditated, she would sit on their lap and "meditate" with them. (none of the people she did this with ever expressed any "weird" feelings, just calm. Another time, I came home after a particularly stressful day. I went into my room to change clothes and she followed me. She got up on my dresser and meowed at me until I picked her up. She lay in my arms until I began to feel calmer and then she insisted on being put down!

I will observe more now in case I have been missing something...

Hi Moksha

moksha said:
Lorraine said:
I tend to agree with Laura. Our cat used to love lying on top of me. At first I thought it was cute. Then I began to notice a funny churning feeling in my stomach when she lay on me. It was unpleasant and I felt she was drawing energy out of me. My husband enjoys these moments with her, but I have stopped encouraging Kitty. I’ve even told my husband to be careful not to let her draw his energy, but of course he thinks the idea is crazy....

Lorraine, it would be interesting to see if you started having this realization AFTER you read/heard Laura's comments or BEFORE? If AFTER, then I wonder how much suggestion is playing a part - ie. do you think you really recognize some feeding going on, or do you feel that way because it was suggested so by a higher 'authority'...

Personally, I've not noticed this aspect - i'll pay more attention to this (but it's so hard when you love your pets so much :) and I guess that applies to people/things as well.

No I was not influenced by Laura’s comment as you’re suggesting.

Laura said:
An even creepier thought is that the cat is feeding on the energy or even acting as a conduit.

However, I could relate to her comment through my own experience and the article saying Oscar was aloof.

I’ve been doing reiki for 10 years and am familiar with the feeling of giving and receiving energy, so when I started to experience the weird tingling, churning circular feeling in my stomach with Kitty, it was too uncomfortable to ignore. I wasn’t aware of this feeling before I started reiki and nobody else in my family feels this. Maybe she is squashing my internal organs and they’re protesting loudly. :/ However, after reading the Wave Series about 2 years ago I thought there might be something in it and I wasn’t overreacting.

I’m not saying that every pet owner should worry about this. I can see I have probably upset many a cat owner by bringing this up.

Kitty is aloof and only comes to us on her terms. Maybe this is her way of interacting with us when she’s low and needs her cuddles. I also don’t reject giving her cuddles on my lap etc but not on my tummy.

One thing that she does demand from me is just when I start getting ready for bed she’ll run into the bedroom ahead of me and lay down (at the foot of the bed) and wait for me to give her a brushing session. If I ignore her (cause I’m tired), she’ll give me a swipe with her paw as I’m passing to let me know that she is waiting.

I’ve also noticed another fascinating aspect of energy interaction with our cat and visitors. I’m sure that all pet owners have noticed from time to time their pets favour a certain room, chair or even a mat, to sleep on. This may vary during the year, season to season, depending I guess on the warmth of the room in winter etc, etc.

Well, when we have visitors and they sit on Kitty’s favourite chair at that time, she can either be put off sleeping there completely for a long time or she may like, let us say, the energy of the visitor and will go and lie on that particular chair afterwards. As though she is soaking up the remaining residue of the person.

My daughter’s boyfriend usually brings his backpack when he comes to visit us. Kitty loves sitting on it. (She probably likes his sweat ;) ) She will stroke her chin and neck against it and generally get quite carried away. When the boyfriend sits in a chair she will walk around his legs marking him and sit on the chair afterwards. I never know who she will favour. The boyfriend is great by the way. :)

Laura wrote
An even creepier thought is that the cat is feeding on the energy or even acting as a conduit.
Stormy Knight Wrote
huh yea, but I prefer the explanation that it was just smelling the ketones produced by decaying and dying cells
FireShadow wrote
Wow. I have lived with cats for all but 2 years of my life. (I am now 50). I have never experienced any "draining of energy" or anything like that. In fact, I have often felt comforted and calmer when my cats get on me.

I too have lived with many many cats except for about 2 years of my entire 56 years and have only been comforted by their presence. Over the years many people have come to my home and said in essence "I don't like cats but I like yours." It has been my experience that most animals mirror the energy and vibrations that we send out to them which makes them very helpful indicators of where we may have issues. Not liking an being suspicious of cats is such an ingrained cultural program that many people unconsciously project these fears and end up having bad experiences with cats and blame the cat entirely when the person was actually bringing negativity to the encounter that they were unaware of--this often makes it look like it is entirely the animal's fault.

Before you all bombard me with your pyscho cat stories please know I realize that cats, like any of us, can become bad actors through environmental factors, bad experiences, organic issues, and the Matrix-like control that 4D STS can inflict on us and all other animals. I feel concern when the tone of a discussion starts to take on shades of "there is something innately evil about cats so don't trust even the good ones." Remember what the C's have said about polarizing issues--Democrats/Republicans, liberal/conservatives, black/white, anti/pro abortion, cat lovers/cat haters or any other all or nothing thinking is just more fuel to keep people divided and thinking in closed-minded ways that keeps us from seeing objective reality. Cats are no more energy-sucking vampires than any other living (or not-living) creatures or human can be when dark forces are strong enough to intervene. Domestic pets like dogs and cats live so close to us that they are in the perfect position to be co-opted for nefarious purposes. As I recall wasn't Pepperfritz trying to get her dog to move off the railroad tracks when she was struck by a train and killed? IMHO we should keep our hearts and minds on guard to attack from anywhere, but also open to the abundance of loving energy that nature (Cosmic Mind) provides us in so many forms--cats being one of them.

I agree with Stormy Knight that the cat is smelling some chemical harbinger of death which is something I am convinced most animals can do, but not all animals or people for that matter provide the comfort that this cat appears to give to those who are in passing.
shellycheval

Hi Shellycheval,

I found that your last post was quite emotionally loaded. I can understand your reaction because I have had pets too I know how much bond and feeling they can represent.

Before you all bombard me with your pyscho cat stories

I didn't see any "bombardment" in this thread and I don't know why this kind of event should happen here. I only saw people sharing their hypothesis concerning Oscar's behaviour.

I feel concern when the tone of a discussion starts to take on shades of "there is something innately evil about cats so don't trust even the good ones."

I don't see the discussion evolving in such an extreme black and white way. I see people sharing their experience good or bad with cats and their take on Oscar.

Cats are no more energy-sucking vampires than any other living (or not-living) creatures or human can be when dark forces are strong enough to intervene. Domestic pets like dogs and cats live so close to us that they are in the perfect position to be co-opted for nefarious purposes.

Well, there's a lot of interesting hypothesis in this excerpt. But it should not be considered as more than what it is: hypothesis.

I agree with Stormy Knight that the cat is smelling some chemical harbinger of death which is something I am convinced most animals can do, but not all animals or people for that matter provide the comfort that this cat appears to give to those who are in passing.
shellycheval

That's definitely a possibility amongst others. Maybe you will give yourself a bit of time to settle down then read again this thread, you take on it might evolve.

Thank you Lorraine for your insights. I don't think you've said anything to upset people in your post.

We used to live with about 4-5 cats (strays that became pets) and there was one which was particularly attached to me. She'd be out 'hunting' (or whatever it is that cats do outside at night) and when it was time for her to come to bed, she'd jump straight into my bed n demand to be put under the covers! and she'd remain there for a good 12hours, even after i was gone. I've never thought about it from the energy angle - up until now I thought it was just because she liked me :rolleyes:

So a crazy question a bit off topic for all you cat experts out there..

My neighbor has been basically just feeding numerous strays that live around our area for years. I've never had a problem with this however we have apparently picked up a nasty one within the past year or so. Over the summer my brother parked his motorcycle outside our house and woke up to cat feces on his seat the next day. We really couldn't believe it. This same summer we decided to paint our back deck and upon prepping it we found more cat feces and some urine spots that didn't really smell until we stirred it up trying to clean it. Once we started to look around, we also noticed that one of the window screens was sprayed by this same cat. Thankfully we never opened that window!

Presently my problem is now this cat is spraying the front of my car. I can't figure out why but every week when I go home, I wake up the next morning and find the front of my car has been sprayed again. This odor is terrible which I'm sure some of you know and if I don't wipe it clean, it comes thru my vents if I use the AC or heater. Washing my car every week is nice but becoming pricey to say the least. My neighbor believes it is this particular black cat that he caught spraying his truck also so I'm inclined to believe it is. Problem is we're really not sure what to do about it. We don't want to hurt the animal and there is no local ASPCA in our area. These cats are strays as well, so trying to catch him is gonna be a trick and even then what would we do with him anyway?
So basically we're at a loss right now and since everyone was talking about Oscar here, I thought maybe someone might have a good idea. Anyone? :huh:

I must admit to some emotional response myself over the discussion of cats draining energy. I am not sure it is unfounded. This discussion reminded me of the old wives' tales of "cats draining the life out of you" which led to much persecution and slaughter of cats in the past.

I never believed these tales to be true and saw them as "hysteria" and people needing a scapegoat for illnesses and other problems - kind of like witch hunting. So, my defenses were triggered much like ShellySheval's.

But, I must also consider that there may have been a grain of truth...which I decidedly do not want to do! Yes, I am quite protective of my cats and cats in general because I have always felt they get a bad rap.

shellycheval said:
I too have lived with many many cats except for about 2 years of my entire 56 years and have only been comforted by their presence. Over the years many people have come to my home and said in essence "I don't like cats but I like yours." It has been my experience that most animals mirror the energy and vibrations that we send out to them which makes them very helpful indicators of where we may have issues. Not liking an being suspicious of cats is such an ingrained cultural program that many people unconsciously project these fears and end up having bad experiences with cats and blame the cat entirely when the person was actually bringing negativity to the encounter that they were unaware of--this often makes it look like it is entirely the animal's fault.

Well, for the record, I lived with a black cat for 21 years and she put up with a lot, was a silent witness to an enormous and often tumultuous part of my life and was a comfort. During the last five years of her life, she would, each night, fall asleep with her head in the palm of my hand. She was very upset and vocal when I was in very dark places and, on more than one occasion, brought my attention away from my own suffering and back to a more healthy place. Did she feed on my energy? Perhaps - I wouldn't be at all surprised, because it is the nature of this place - but she also added quite a lot to my life, over quite a long time.

sc said:
Before you all bombard me with your pyscho cat stories please know I realize that cats, like any of us, can become bad actors through environmental factors, bad experiences, organic issues, and the Matrix-like control that 4D STS can inflict on us and all other animals. I feel concern when the tone of a discussion starts to take on shades of "there is something innately evil about cats so don't trust even the good ones." Remember what the C's have said about polarizing issues--Democrats/Republicans, liberal/conservatives, black/white, anti/pro abortion, cat lovers/cat haters or any other all or nothing thinking is just more fuel to keep people divided and thinking in closed-minded ways that keeps us from seeing objective reality. Cats are no more energy-sucking vampires than any other living (or not-living) creatures or human can be when dark forces are strong enough to intervene. Domestic pets like dogs and cats live so close to us that they are in the perfect position to be co-opted for nefarious purposes. As I recall wasn't Pepperfritz trying to get her dog to move off the railroad tracks when she was struck by a train and killed? IMHO we should keep our hearts and minds on guard to attack from anywhere, but also open to the abundance of loving energy that nature (Cosmic Mind) provides us in so many forms--cats being one of them.

shellycheval

I agree with belibaste that you're coming off a bit defensive and, perhaps, reading this thread through a lens that is adding a confrontational or denigrating flavor that does not exist. I understand why, but - I think - if you re-read it and consider the reality of this world we inhabit, that you might be able to hear the words written in a different 'voice'. :)

Pete02 said:
So a crazy question a bit off topic for all you cat experts out there..

So basically we're at a loss right now and since everyone was talking about Oscar here, I thought maybe someone might have a good idea. Anyone? :huh:

All I can think of is to find some kind of "cat repellant" in a pet store and maybe spray it on your car? Or maybe spray something with a strong chemical or purfume odor? Maybe leave one of those stinky solid air freshener things under your car? I'm tryng to think of some smelly things my cats shy away from...

Appreciate the thoughts Mrs. Peel and I have considered repellent but the weather would just wash that away too. I was hoping maybe someone had an idea why this cat would be doing this so I could try and correct it. I mean I've heard of marking your territory but its a car?! Its not even there all week long!

I will look into the repellent idea some more tho, maybe if I can deter him long enough he will give up.

Pete02 said:
Appreciate the thoughts Mrs. Peel and I have considered repellent but the weather would just wash that away too. I was hoping maybe someone had an idea why this cat would be doing this so I could try and correct it. I mean I've heard of marking your territory but its a car?! Its not even there all week long!

I will look into the repellent idea some more tho, maybe if I can deter him long enough he will give up.

i'm not cat behavior expert, but i too am of the same opinion - try a repellent, something with a strong odor and see how the cat reacts. or maybe park the car on reverse and see if it sprays in the same place.

Thank you Belibaste and Annart for your feedback.
Agreed—my response is emotionally loaded and it would have a better response if I had written it, left it for a day or two, and then reread the forum discussion, recognized and analyzed my emotional responses, then revised it for a better balance of logic and examined emotion. But, I did not. My buttons were pushed and I made a heavy emotional appeal which usually causes blindness on the writer’s/my part and a loss of credibility with one’s readers, and sidetracks from a useful discussion of the topic. I apologize. :-[

I am preparing a more appropriate response, [/b]I hope![/b] I am certain the fine minds on this forum will let me know otherwise:D (I mean that sincerely--NO Sarcasm intended.) but I want to revise it some more for inappropriate emotions, clarity, and brevity before I post it. It will have to wait until early tomorrow before work. Again, thanks for the feedback.
shellycheval

moksha said:
Pete02 said:

i'm not cat behavior expert, but i too am of the same opinion - try a repellent, something with a strong odor and see how the cat reacts. or maybe park the car on reverse and see if it sprays in the same place.

Thanks moksha and Mrs. Peel,

I looked into the repellents and I hadn't realized they had so many. Petco has a variety of them, granules as well as sprays. I'm thinking about both. Maybe do the perimeter of my back deck with granules and use the spray on my car as long as its safe for the paint.

I wonder, how much do we know about 2D especially in cases like this. Cat who is feeding on energy released when 3D transferring to 5D, seems just another way of cat's predatory energy extraction. My ex cats (previous 2 cats) liked to sleep on my belly when I had bellyaches or they loved to sleep on top of my father's shoulders after heavy spine medulla operation, our little kitten somehow know when I have migraines and usually crawls almost on top of my head when I'm in pains, could this be another case of energy feeding?? I noticed as well they love to seat and sleep on floor on top of water pipes and sewage pipes, we know where they are because we built the house, but how could they? Perhaps they can feel much wider ranges of energies, than us. On the end it would not be suprising to conclude that cats love something in negative energy, after all they play with whatewer they catch,.....,....obviously they need firm and energy snacks, so typical for every STS (predator).

Talking about Oscar, there was an update to his story a few days ago which can be read here. Dr. David M. Dosa wrote a book called "Making Rounds With Oscar" and he suggest a possible explanation of Oscar's abilities, quoted below:

Dr.Dosa said:
“There is a plausible biological explanation for the ‘sweet smell of death.’ As cells die, carbohydrates are degraded into many different oxygenated compounds, including various types of ketones—chemical mixtures known for their fragrant aroma. Ketones are also found in abundance during episodes of untreated juvenile diabetes and doctors are taught early on in medical school to sniff the breaths of diabetics to determine if their sugar levels are high. Could it be that Oscar simply smells an elevated level of a chemical compound released prior to death? It is certainly clear that animals have a refined sense of smell that goes well beyond that of the ordinary human.”

Back
Top Bottom