Nope (2022)

lilies

The Living Force
Nope (2022)

The enthralling trailer promises that something profound arrives from the sky.. while the protagonists are watching intensely, what approaches from Above.. Not many disgusting woke-elements in the trailer, so the content didn't blow my fuses. I hoped for aliens and or sudden doom for the human race, which are about the only things I find entertaining in movies nowadays.

The movie is not a waste of time at all. Surprisingly catatonic in the American style of drugged-to-hell, 'brain burnt out from opioid overdose' past life. Still:
  • no Anti-Life elements
  • no violence, except very marginally, as a side event, which is shoved further aside and explained as some anomalous, animal going crazy event
  • Captivating, not annoying actors
  • Horses! Their closeness to humans. Dialogue between the four legged and bipedal species
  • the basic idea is very akin to the crazy situations M. Night Shyamalan comes up with. Most recently in his entertaining movie Old (2021)
Good direction. Creative story writing and good dynamics of events kept me glued to the screen at night, unable to postpone watching the rest the next day..

Recommended. Another rare gem one hardly ever finds in Hollywood nowadays!

I haven't seen the movie but I know the following

The flying saucer is an actual alien (living creature) that can manipulate how it is seen (e.g. it can be seen as a cloud) and also electrical fields. It is in fact not a flying saucer but a living "octopus-like" creature from God knows where that consumes humans.

Hoping to see the movie despite knowing the key spoiler.

Anyone who did not have a clue about the paranormal before watching the movie will still not have a clue after watching the movie. The UFO was presented in material terms.
The good
It's good that the movie introduced the concept that UFOs eat people and animals, though it's bad in the movie that the eating is purely physical.
UFOs can be disguised as clouds.
Cameras often don't work when trying to capture UFOs.
Electrical equipment can be shut down by UFOs.
Mysteriously objects falling from the sky can be related to UFOs.
US military released video of the tictac UAP.

The bad
No paranormal aspects are presented about the UFO phenomenon.
Abductions are purely material events.
Mysteriously objects falling from the sky are from the UFO after it is done with what it physically ate.
Not looking at the UFO will help prevent the UFO from eating you. I supposed this is true in a metaphorical sense, as the UFO knowledge seekers often find that their seeking draws the attention of the UFOs. However, in the movie, it's physically looking up at the UFO that draws its wrath.

Back
Top Bottom