New SOTT site layout

Nicolas said:
I see a problem on the main page. Articles with a YouTube video shows the Facebook profile instead of the video.

I am using Firefox 4.0.1 so I assume it is a problem with this version because with Safari, the video is shown just fine. Just an FYI.

Edit: When I click on the article, the video appears like it should. Problem is only on the main page.

That's a wonderful "feature" of Firefox: sometimes, it decides to display content in the wrong place, usually due to a connection hiccup. If you hold down Shift and click the reload button in FF, it should clear it up.

Hardly ever happens to me for some reason in FF, but I've seen a lot of times on other people's puters. Maybe it's related to a certain add-on that I don't have or something?

When i first saw the changes, and make over, i did a mental eye-rub then, put on :cool: a pair of sunglasses. The diamond in the ruff, now shines like the light of a SuperNova. Great job! Thank You SOTT for the continued efforts to over come the lies, with the truth. :clap:

Attachments

• leo2.jpg
    leo2.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 0
  • supernova[1] (380x285).jpg
    supernova[1] (380x285).jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 2
Pashalis said:
NewOrleans said:
What a fine redesign! Blue and white are celestial choices.... great. :thup:

wrong thread ?

Pashalis, just so you know - this is another example of you posting on impulse and being rather rude. There was really no reason for you to point this out to New Orleans.

It's OK, anart. I didn't consider it rude. It teaches me to be one second more observant before I hit the send button.

NewOrleans said:
It's OK, anart. I didn't consider it rude. It teaches me to be one second more observant before I hit the send button.

I'm pointing it out more for Pashalis' benefit than to 'defend' you. Pashalis has an issue with coming across in an abrupt, impulsive and rather bossy manner, so it's good for him to be informed of when this happens. That way, he has food for thought.

anart said:
Pashalis said:
NewOrleans said:

wrong thread ?

Pashalis, just so you know - this is another example of you posting on impulse and being rather rude. There was really no reason for you to point this out to New Orleans.

rather rude really ?
how can you see that out of this post ? it's more an interpretation from your side aka. seeing something in that Post that was maybe not intended this way?
I just thought that New Orleans could have posted his Congratulation on the wrong thread and wanted to show this to him, so that he can make his Congratulation were he thought it should belong. also because I saw that he tried it before

Pashalis said:
anart said:
Pashalis said:
NewOrleans said:

wrong thread ?

rather rude really ?
how can you see that out of this post ? it's more an interpretation from your side aka. seeing something in that Post that was maybe not intended this way?
I just thought that New Orleans could have posted his Congratulation on the wrong thread and wanted to show this to him, so that he can make his Congratulation were he thought it should belong. also because I saw that he tried it before

Then you could have written something like, "NewOrleans, have you seen this thread where it's being discussed?" - that would have been polite.

You wrote, "wrong thread?" = which is not polite.

You aren't the 'thread police' who needs to direct people to what thread they should post on. I only bring this up because you have a very strong tendency to write such things to people and it needs to be gotten under control. So - for that reason - I'm pointing it out here. Without your past history, I might not have pointed it out, but hopefully you will see the difference, above, between what you wrote and what you could have written (not that you needed to write anything at all) - and understand.

I appreciate the alternate shading for quotes within quotes. I’m using the night theme as well.

Good job! :thup:

edit: oops should be in the new Forum thread! :zzz:

anart said:
Pashalis said:
anart said:
Pashalis said:
NewOrleans said:

wrong thread ?

rather rude really ?

Then you could have written something like, "NewOrleans, have you seen this thread where it's being discussed?" - that would have been polite.

You aren't the 'thread police' who needs to direct people to what thread they should post on. I only bring this up because you have a very strong tendency to write such things to people and it needs to be gotten under control. So - for that reason - I'm pointing it out here. Without your past history, I might not have pointed it out, but hopefully you will see the difference, above, between what you wrote and what you could have written (not that you needed to write anything at all) - and understand.

yes I should/could have written it in more detail for clarification. and it maybe was not necessary to write something at all

anart said:
Pashalis said:
anart said:
Pashalis said:
NewOrleans said:

wrong thread ?

rather rude really ?

Pashalis, this may or may not be related to your recent activity (which has been pointed out to you), but I thought I'd share something from my own experience. At some point, after being a forum member for some years, and then reaching my 1000:nd post, my predator had a "great" idea: "Listen, since you are now soooo experienced and an "elder"-sort of, you know, you don't need to be a moderator to point out things to others and "put them straight". You can do this now, and you should too. You also have the skill and knowledge to use those short nifty comments like anart, who always gets to the core of the matter."

The only problem was, that this was a lie. Soon, fortunately, I discovered that my "playing moderator" was a disservice to everyone, including my self. Reading some of my old comments now makes me blush, they are such transparent foolishness! I know now, that the mods are highly trained at what they do and they put a lot more effort, thought and time to everything they write than one could imagine, even if their answers are short.

I just thought I'd share these thoughts, if they'd ring a bell. ;)

Aragorn said:
anart said:
Pashalis said:
anart said:
Pashalis said:
NewOrleans said:

wrong thread ?

rather rude really ?

Pashalis, this may or may not be related to your recent activity (which has been pointed out to you), but I thought I'd share something from my own experience. At some point, after being a forum member for some years, and then reaching my 1000:nd post, my predator had a "great" idea: "Listen, since you are now soooo experienced and an "elder"-sort of, you know, you don't need to be a moderator to point out things to others and "put them straight". You can do this now, and you should too. You also have the skill and knowledge to use those short nifty comments like anart, who always gets to the core of the matter."

The only problem was, that this was a lie. Soon, fortunately, I discovered that my "playing moderator" was a disservice to everyone, including my self. Reading some of my old comments now makes me blush, they are such transparent foolishness! I know now, that the mods are highly trained at what they do and they put a lot more effort, thought and time to everything they write than one could imagine, even if their answers are short.

I just thought I'd share these thoughts, if they'd ring a bell. ;)

thak you ,
I just had to laugh when I saw your post, because I watched this part of myself rising up sometimes too.
when I see it, I say to my self "stop it" because I don't want and like it at all !
that's really some part of myself I want to get rid off (self importants)
yes the ring is belling

Noticed a couple of issues today on the Right hand panel of the SOTT site.

If I click on the Featured links under 'dot connector magazine' graphic I am redirected to dotconnector magazine. Not to the link articles.

Songs of the times: 'All the worlds a stage' goes to a mixposure page that requires logging in.

Back
Top Bottom