New SOTT site layout

Appollynon

Jedi Master
I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved in the work on the new site layout and congratulations. It looks wonderful and is even clearer and easier to navigate around than it has been in any of it's previous incarnations. Kudos to a job well done :thup: :rockon:

Appollynon said:
I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone involved in the work on the new site layout and congratulations. It looks wonderful and is even clearer and easier to navigate around than it has been in any of it's previous incarnations. Kudos to a job well done :thup: :rockon:

Agreed, the reduction in the number of font sets and colours really helps. :rockon:

Yes it is, great work it looks more "plastic/realistic" like now, well shiny. ;) :dance:

And there are also new logos, for KNB for example. :thup: :rockon:

Very impressive! I liked the previous change, so this change is an excellent update. The multi language function looks particularly good.
I'll agree with what others have said, it does look a lot clearer.

The focus this time was on readability and the content itself (i.e. the articles).

Some fun facts:

I used a web site to calculate total server requests/total page sizes for the old SOTT and the new SOTT design.

With the new theme, total requests to the server (to load the homepage) dropped from 200 to 135, or a 32.5% reduction.

Total downloaded bytes dropped from 1,749,398 to 1,130,557, or a 35.4% reduction.

In plain English, that means MORE SPEED!!!

The other focus of this change was to greatly simplify the design of the site such that we could actually have Themes again. The old design was so darn complicated that themes would have been an insane amount of work.

I'm already working on the 2nd theme, which shall be called:

Ice Age

:D

Great job guys! :D While I do like the old version a lot, the new one is a bit easier to read, now that there's more contrast between different sections. Thanks!

Mr. Scott said:
The focus this time was on readability and the content itself (i.e. the articles).

Some fun facts:

I used a web site to calculate total server requests/total page sizes for the old SOTT and the new SOTT design.

With the new theme, total requests to the server (to load the homepage) dropped from 200 to 135, or a 32.5% reduction.

Total downloaded bytes dropped from 1,749,398 to 1,130,557, or a 35.4% reduction.

In plain English, that means MORE SPEED!!!

The other focus of this change was to greatly simplify the design of the site such that we could actually have Themes again. The old design was so darn complicated that themes would have been an insane amount of work.

I'm already working on the 2nd theme, which shall be called:

Ice Age

:D

:)

I see, you took of all the 3D objects i.e. headphones... And it is indeed faster.

Some suggestions I have, when changing the language the actual language flag could be showing up, instead of the us-flag. And another color for the header of an article, where: author, source and date is listed.

My two cents.

Back
Top Bottom