Nasal Nitric Oxide

A discussion with the man who actually discovered nitric oxide, Dr. Louis Ignarro. (and won the Nobel prize)

He is not a fan of low carb etc FWIW

At almost 80 years old, it’s clear Dr. Ignarro has used his own research on nitric oxide and longevity to his full advantage. His passion for science is inspiring and contagious as he walks us through his journey of discovering nitric oxide and spending his career researching its amazing multi-dimensional benefits on human health.

I know you’re wondering how you can increase your own nitric oxide production, which Dr. Ignarro and I discuss a great deal. We talk about different foods that can help, like leafy green vegetables, monounsaturated fats, and berries, as well as those that can hinder our production, like refined carbs. Since arginine is necessary for nitric oxide production, we also talk about foods rich in this amino acid, like almonds and other nuts.

Exercise and nasal breathing are other ways we can naturally boost our production of nitric oxide. Dr. Ignarro explains the mechanisms of how it all works and why we should incorporate things that support nitric oxide production into our health routines if we want to feel our best and age well.

We also talk about supplements, using nitric oxide to heal from COVID-19,

Last edited:
another interesting discussion on NO, I am only part way through this one, but he (DR Bryan) says, antiseptic mouth wash, Fluoride and antibiotics are a big no no for optimal NO levels, as related to oral hygiene and nurturing the bacteria rather than killing it.

Interesting 987baz. Some time back I’d come across a Mercola video on HIIT exercise for nitric oxide dump, & the various benefits to the body:

That's actually very interesting, just today I was having a conversation with a coworker and she was wondering why, despite having no vaccine, I rarely get sick.. and I kind of mentioned, well I try to exercise and eat healthy and whatnot.. but I hadn't heard of this NO Dump exercises, which make part of my regular routine. So maybe I inadvertently have been doing some of these without realizing their effects.

For the record, here's what Mercola suggests the NO Dump routine looks like
nitric-oxide-dump-infog-jan.jpg

Back
Top Bottom