"My Big Toe" Theory Of Everything from Thomas Campbell

Chet Baker

The Force is Strong With This One
Hi there,

I red the "MBT" trilogy and are amazed that I never heard anything of it in the internet community.
In his book, physicist Thomas Campbell studys what he calls the "Non Physical Matter Reality"
while following repeatable scientific experiments. You realy should get this guy on your show!

Any Thoughts?

Greets Chet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxECb7zcQhQ

Welcome to the forum, Chet Baker. :)

It's customary for new members to give a brief introduction of themselves and how they found this forum.

Don't forget to check out Tips and advice for Newbies and the Forum Guidelines.

You might also want to read through the Diet and Health and EE-Breathing Program threads as well as the Recommended books by QFS. You also might be interested in the Knowledge and Being video made by Laura. It serves as an introduction to some of the concepts discussed here on the forum.

In the meantime, it's a good idea to bookmark the Cassiopaea Esoteric Glossary and the Cassiopedia, as they are very useful references that can be used when you encounter concepts/terminology that you may not be familiar with. They should be consulted before posting questions on the forum.

Note that there are some "off limits" areas to the forum that are restricted to all but active forum participants, and we ask you to please keep the noise down. You will also not be able to edit or delete your posts until you reach a minimum of 50 posts. In that respect, it pays to use the "Preview" button prior to posting your message so that you can see how your post will look to others.

Finally, there is so much information on this forum that before beginning a new thread or asking a question on a subject, it is recommended to use either the quick search function at the top of the page or the more advanced search function on the menu function.

For members interested in delving deeper into the material, check our Comprehensive Guide for the Serious Reader.

Looking forward to your participation.

P.S.: Also, if you're not aware of it, the Signs of the Times news page is an excellent place to get your news. ;D

Hi Chet Baker,

Welcome to the forum. :) We recommend all new members to post an introduction in the Newbies section telling us a bit about themselves, and how they found their way here. Have a read through that section to get an idea of how others have done it. Thanks.

Chet Baker said:
Hi there,

I red the "MBT" trilogy and are amazed that I never heard anything of it in the internet community.
In his book, physicist Thomas Campbell studys what he calls the "Non Physical Matter Reality"
while following repeatable scientific experiments. You realy should get this guy on your show!

Any Thoughts?

Greets Chet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxECb7zcQhQ

What about what he says do you find interesting? Also, can you speak a little more to what ways his work relates to the forum? :)

Chet Baker said:
I did the "Newbie thing" but still no comments? sad :cry:

What do you mean by that ?

As far as I can see, a lot of people have welcomd you !

Gandalf said:
Chet Baker said:

He's referring to the first post in this thread. Looks like truth seeker has commented now.

Heimdallr said:
Gandalf said:
Chet Baker said:

He's referring to the first post in this thread. Looks like truth seeker has commented now.

Thank you Heimdallr. I thought the newbie thing was this one.

It was exactly as Heimdallr said ;)

well, the "mbt" trilogy has about 800pages and deals with the structure of our 3D reality and how it's
interwoven with other dimensions. (subset - superset relationship).

bottom line: be open minded but do your homework (research). Get your knowledge through your own experience.

For More Details watch the video I posted at the beginning of this topic or
visit the google books page:

http://books.google.de/books?id=6To0902iZeYC&printsec=frontcover&dq=my+big+toe&hl=de&ei=CYI7TKLXOZKnsQbrqdDvBg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

I'm Shure Mr. Campbell would have a lot of interessting thoughts to share with the guys from SOTT.

Greets Chet

hey truth seeker,

I'm on it right now. Just got the wave series (7) high strangenes and the secret history...
can't wait to read them all :-)

greets chet

I just finished watching all 18 parts of the video you linked to, and I'm personally very impressed by Dr. Campbell's message. It really spoke to me personally, and many of his explanations matched with concepts I've encountered elsewhere, expanded on those concepts, and/or clarified them by describing them in a different way than I had encountered before. He also made some statements that are new to me; the idea that fear is the opposite of love is very interesting, and something I'll possibly puzzle over for a while. One thing that makes me wary though is that he seems to downplay the probability of danger in general, although near the end he does say in response to a question that there are more "lawless" realms that can be "very dangerous". But maybe it's analogous to life here on Earth; some towns are more dangerous than others, and a town may have dangerous areas within it. Maybe it's a "knowledge protects" type thing.

The necessity of actually doing something and eliminating fear speaks very poignantly to me because I am (by my own current description) an intellectually dominated, quite passive, inwardly focused person (that I am nearsighted and require glasses is no surprise). I feel more confident about meditation now, which I've long been apprehensive about (mostly without realizing).

I'm curious to hear what comments others have about the video. Maybe I've missed the inconsistencies, but Dr. Campbell's theory seems very consistent with information I've read and heard from different sources, including this forum.

Overall, I enjoyed Campbell's talk; I think he spoke very clearly, brought together and explained his concepts well, and was very grounded and respectful. Thanks for posting this, Chet.

hey HowToBe,

I'm glad that this mans work resonates with someone in this forum :)
aparently not many have taken the time to watch the whole video session.
I can only strongly recommend the book to you, since it is writen from a
scientific point of view (+ an extra of humor :))

greets chet

I have made it to part 9 so far ( halfway). I will give you all a little overview so you can decide if you want to go further, since it does have elements in common with what we study here:

The author is an applied physicist who has studied consciousness for 30 years. He was one of the scientists who worked with Rober 'Bob' Monroe ( The Monroe Institute). TOE means theory of everything. He puts forth that consciousness is digital and physical reality is a virtual reality.

He states Reality is a consciousness is a reality system:

- Consciousness is the media of reality
- Information is the content of reality
- Entropy is the evolutionary motivator
- Fundamental reality is modeled as system of digital consciousness

Attributes of Consciousness:

-Experience- ( data input- communication )
-Memory ( data storage)
-Processing ( data processing operates on the information )
- Self modifying feedback mechanism so results of processing can modify the experience ( self modification, learning, or growth) through intent ( free will ) i.e. Energy/data exchange modifies data input - evolution

Modified consciousness can now exist in a new state of being.

At the Root:

- Information is nonphysical
-meaning content, significance as opposed to media/code symbols
-information requires a lower entropy organization of code symbols
-At the most fundamental level consciousness is information
-Information is nonphysical thus consciousness is nonphysical
-At the most fundamental level :consciousness is bits
- At the most fundamental level: bits are digital and binary- 1 or 0 , yes or no, dot or dash
-Logical con sensequence: A consciousness system is best modeled, at the most fundamental level, by a digital information system
- Consciousness evolves by lowering its entropy- i.e. by improving the value ( useful information content) of it's bits

Bottom Line:

-The larger consciousness system evolves by lowering the entropy of the system
- It lowers the entropy of the system by organizing the bits at its disposable into a more profitable configuration
- New bits and organizational opportunities are generated by using conscious intent to apply free will choice to incoming experience data
- Feedback of the results of the previous choice allows us to modify future choice ( free will)

Metaphysics:

- Because experience is the generator of input, consciousness facilitates its own evolution by generating many smaller units of consciousness and setting them loose to evolve. (lower their entropy) by interacting with free will
- Purpose and the positive direction of that purpose ( evolution) is thus defined
- Positive vs Negative, Good vs bad , evolution/devolution are defined morality, spiritual growth, love are all defined as measurable quantities in terms of entropy

Physical Reality:

- Experience requires interaction- To make that interaction more effective a simpler constrained environment is needed- our local physical reality is an elementary school- a virtual reality learning lab for individual units of budding consciousness
-Physical reality is a digital based virtual reality where interactions are constrained according to a given rule set
- Next level of reality- there is no absolute or fundamental reality frame within the system

He says there is no fundamental reality frame- if you switch data streams you switch reality frames. He says there are 1,000's of these. He says what we consider non reality is a reality frame that interacts with this one but is not the fundamental reality frame either. The only thing that is ever fundamental is consciousness itself.

Origins:

- Where did this reality/initial consciousness come from? ( infinite regression - bacterium example - biology paraell )
- To describe a super system, a subsystem needs logically at least one assumption that falls beyond (outside of ) its own causality- that is assumption 1.
- Assumption 1- A potential energy form ( call it primordial consciousness ) exists- a media capable of self modification ( the potential of consciousness exists)
- Assumption 2- In systems with complex potential outcomes, evolution directs and encourages change toward more profitable States of being ( evolution exists )

These are the only 2 assumptions made .

He states many different reality frames or dimensions containing sentient conscious entities exists and are interacting according to their own rule sets. But then he states, that all entities in our larger reality system have the purpose of lowering their entropy by growing up , by becoming more spiritual, by becoming love- i.e.- by eliminating fear and ego
He says you are either evolving, or devolving/ dying,The middle state which is static is unstable- you cannot just stay the same.

Logical Implications- Reality Frames Past and Future:

- What about time and space? Can we visit the future or past and interact with it?
-Yes to both, but not as you suspect
-The probable future turns intot he present as free will choices are made and then exists as the actualized past ( our local history thread)
- Everything that can happen does happen
- The present moment ( free will choice ) is where all the action is . It is the creator of history

There is no real difference between physical and no physical reality frames- it is ametter of perspective.

Edit- as a note of interest in part 12 dealing with the paranormal he states he can interact with other beings minds and they think it is one of their on thoughts and that also means that they in turn can do that to us here.

EmeraldHope said:
I have made it to part 9 so far ( halfway). I will give you all a little overview so you can decide if you want to go further, since it does have elements in common with what we study here:

The author is an applied physicist who has studied consciousness for 30 years. He was one of the scientists who worked with Rober 'Bob' Monroe ( The Monroe Institute). TOE means theory of everything. He puts forth that consciousness is digital and physical reality is a virtual reality.

He states Reality is a consciousness is a reality system:

- Consciousness is the media of reality
- Information is the content of reality
- Entropy is the evolutionary motivator
- Fundamental reality is modeled as system of digital consciousness

Attributes of Consciousness:

-Experience- ( data input- communication )
-Memory ( data storage)
-Processing ( data processing operates on the information )
- Self modifying feedback mechanism so results of processing can modify the experience ( self modification, learning, or growth) through intent ( free will ) i.e. Energy/data exchange modifies data input - evolution

Modified consciousness can now exist in a new state of being.

At the Root:

- Information is nonphysical
-meaning content, significance as opposed to media/code symbols
-information requires a lower entropy organization of code symbols
-At the most fundamental level consciousness is information
-Information is nonphysical thus consciousness is nonphysical
-At the most fundamental level :consciousness is bits
- At the most fundamental level: bits are digital and binary- 1 or 0 , yes or no, dot or dash
-Logical con sensequence: A consciousness system is best modeled, at the most fundamental level, by a digital information system
- Consciousness evolves by lowering its entropy- i.e. by improving the value ( useful information content) of it's bits

How can information be nonphysical, when everything is (potentially) information?
How can consciousness evolve by lowering entropy, when improving the value may shift the burden of entropy elsewhere, only maintaining the status quo, bypassing the transmutation sequences that may lower entropy for all?

Bottom Line:

-The larger consciousness system evolves by lowering the entropy of the system
- It lowers the entropy of the system by organizing the bits at its disposable into a more profitable configuration
- New bits and organizational opportunities are generated by using conscious intent to apply free will choice to incoming experience data
- Feedback of the results of the previous choice allows us to modify future choice ( free will)

Metaphysics:

- Because experience is the generator of input, consciousness facilitates its own evolution by generating many smaller units of consciousness and setting them loose to evolve. (lower their entropy) by interacting with free will
- Purpose and the positive direction of that purpose ( evolution) is thus defined
- Positive vs Negative, Good vs bad , evolution/devolution are defined morality, spiritual growth, love are all defined as measurable quantities in terms of entropy

Physical Reality:

- Experience requires interaction- To make that interaction more effective a simpler constrained environment is needed- our local physical reality is an elementary school- a virtual reality learning lab for individual units of budding consciousness
-Physical reality is a digital based virtual reality where interactions are constrained according to a given rule set
- Next level of reality- there is no absolute or fundamental reality frame within the system

He says there is no fundamental reality frame- if you switch data streams you switch reality frames. He says there are 1,000's of these. He says what we consider non reality is a reality frame that interacts with this one but is not the fundamental reality frame either. The only thing that is ever fundamental is consciousness itself.

Origins:

- Where did this reality/initial consciousness come from? ( infinite regression - bacterium example - biology paraell )
- To describe a super system, a subsystem needs logically at least one assumption that falls beyond (outside of ) its own causality- that is assumption 1.
- Assumption 1- A potential energy form ( call it primordial consciousness ) exists- a media capable of self modification ( the potential of consciousness exists)
- Assumption 2- In systems with complex potential outcomes, evolution directs and encourages change toward more profitable States of being ( evolution exists )

These are the only 2 assumptions made .

He states many different reality frames or dimensions containing sentient conscious entities exists and are interacting according to their own rule sets. But then he states, that all entities in our larger reality system have the purpose of lowering their entropy by growing up , by becoming more spiritual, by becoming love- i.e.- by eliminating fear and ego
He says you are either evolving, or devolving/ dying,The middle state which is static is unstable- you cannot just stay the same.

Logical Implications- Reality Frames Past and Future:

- What about time and space? Can we visit the future or past and interact with it?
-Yes to both, but not as you suspect
-The probable future turns intot he present as free will choices are made and then exists as the actualized past ( our local history thread)
- Everything that can happen does happen
- The present moment ( free will choice ) is where all the action is . It is the creator of history

There is no real difference between physical and no physical reality frames- it is ametter of perspective.

Edit- as a note of interest in part 12 dealing with the paranormal he states he can interact with other beings minds and they think it is one of their on thoughts and that also means that they in turn can do that to us here.
Maybe it's just me, but this sounds like the reality that results from investigating machine intelligence. I think maybe things need to be more complex, and more open.

[/quote]

Back
Top Bottom