Mass Shootings

Ciudad Juárez, Mexico.

Video: 16 dead, 13 wounded and 24 on the run as a result of a riot in Cereso and clashes in Ciudad Juárez, captured persecution https://blogdelnarcomexico.com/2023/01/16-mue

Sat December 31, 2022
221231133919-01-las-vegas-shooting-memorial-file.jpg

People pray at a makeshift memorial for shooting victims on October 1, 2019, in Las Vegas, on the anniversary of the mass shooting two years earlier.
John Locher/AP

The land on the Las Vegas Strip where the 2017 Route 91 Harvest Festival mass shooting took place has been sold, the company that owned the land said.

The sale, finalized on Friday, was for land across from The Luxor hotel known as the Village property and does not include a plot of land where a memorial is slated to go, MGM Resorts International said in a letter that was distributed to employees announcing the sale and its details.

“In 2021, we were honored to commit to donating a portion of the land to Clark County to house the permanent memorial honoring the victims and heroes of 1 October,” MGM Resorts CEO & President Bill Hornbuckle said in the letter.

On October 1, 2017, Stephen Paddock shot into a crowd of concertgoers, killing 58 people and injuring more than 500. The FBI has since concluded its investigation of the attack, without finding a clear motive.

Hornbuckle acknowledged that having a permanent memorial “is essential to our community’s healing, and we’ll continue working with and supporting the county as they move forward in the development and construction process.

“We know the importance this location holds to so many and have always put tremendous thought into every consideration involving the site,” Hornbuckle said. “This is no exception.”

The remaining portion of the Village property has been sold to the Three Affiliated Tribes of the Fort Berthold Indian Reservation, according to the letter.

“The Three Affiliated Tribes have demonstrated that they care about our community, its future and, of course, its past. I’d like to thank them for their commitment to the community and wish them the best moving forward,” Hornbuckle said. “They will announce their plans for the space on a future date.”

Man chews on victim’s face in berserk attack

Bizarre details of the assault on an elderly man emerged after interrogation

A 25-year-old Oregon resident is in custody after an attack on an elderly man, with police saying the victim was left with gruesome injuries after his assailant chewed off one of his ears and a large portion of his face.

Watch: Violence Erupts In Culiacán After El Chapo's Son Arrested

BY TYLER DURDEN
THURSDAY, JAN 05, 2023 - 12:05 PM

"Ovidio Guzmán López, son of Joaquín Guzmán Loera (El Chapo), was taken into custody and transferred to a military base in Mexico City according to the report."

"Meanwhile, the city has erupted in violence following the arrest - with news outlets reporting that an Aeromexico plane was hit by gunfire, while unconfirmed footage and reports are circulating that the cartel has responded by opening fire on planes and taking doctors hostage."

Lots of links and videos in the full article below:

Multiple People Shot Outside Miami Gardens Restaurant During French Montana Video Shoot​

Multiple people were shot Thursday night outside of a Miami Gardens restaurant during a video shoot for rappers French Montana and Rob49, witnesses said.

Miami Gardens Police confirmed they responded to a ShotSpotter call at The Licking Miami Gardens on Northwest 27th Street, according to Detective Diana Gourgue.

Police said an altercation started in a different location and eventually ended at the restaurant, where the shooting happened, police said

Several victims were injured, and their conditions were unknown. Police have not confirmed the number of victims.

Rapper Ced Mogul told NBC 6 he was at the video shoot behind a nearby KFC, where someone was robbed. The shoot then moved to The Licking, where as many as nine people were shot, including Rob49, Mogul said. Police have not confirmed this information.

No arrests have been made.

From two days ago I was reading about the Greenbaum Speech and came across this news item from May 31. Could this be related? The effects of the wave creating short circuits in some robots.

Spanish - USA: Boy confesses to teacher that "when he grows up he wants to be a killer
A video has caused terror not only in the United States but around the world, after it was released the material in which a 7-year-old boy confessed to his teacher that "when he grows up he wants to be a murderer".

With innocence, but with total certainty and conviction of his desire, the little boy tells his teacher that his brain tells him that he wants to kill, and that the first time he saw a murderer act "he saw himself".

"A boy about 7 years old says he wants to be a murderer when he grows up and kill everyone. Is the problem guns or society, education, empty homes? The world is sick and making the little ones in our homes sick."

@Alma.Innovadora,

This is truly disturbing to hear from a 7 year old little boy. I think it may show us something we don't like to think is possible. Obviously most 7 year olds have probably not been in a Greenbaum program (that we know about anyway) and yet he sounds like he may have been influenced by something like violent video games that changed his brain. I have a grandson who watches video games and I cringe to think he might be affected in his thinking to accept violence as a normal way of life and even identify with the killer mentality.

This whole thread makes me think about some things the Cs have said.

Session 17 August 1996:
Q: (T) OK, the question is, is the fellow that just shot three professors in San Diego, I think it was, the University, before they read his thesis, because he was afraid they would throw his thesis away, and make it look bad, and flunk him. Was he a Greenbaum subject?

A: Yes.

Q: (T) Why did they turn him 'on' at that point?

A: Not correct concept. What if: those programmed in the so called "Greenbaum" projects are preprogrammed to "go off" all at once, and some "malfunction," and go off early?

Q: (L) Oh!!! Can you tell us at approximately what time they're programmed to go off? Because it is a program...

A: Nope.

Q: (T) No, they can't. Free will!!! (L) OK, can you tell us how many of them there are?

A: No.

Q: (T) Do you know how many there are?

Maybe the sporadic sequences of these events is due to the "malfunction" factor for many of them.

I suppose there is "programming" using methods other than just Greenbauming.

Session 5 October 1996:
Q: (L) If two people who are married to each other are Greenbaumed, is it possible that they could be programmed to kill each other?

A: Maybe, but not always.

Q: (TM) Or any two people who have had the programming?

A: The programming is mainly intended to produce erratic behavior, for the purpose of “spooking” the population so that they will welcome, and even demand, a totalitarian government.

Q: (L) So, the programming is designed to, in other words, when the people are just being erratic...

A: Think of the persons who have inexplicably entered various public and private domains, and shot large numbers of people... Now, you have “met” some of these Greenbaum subjects...

Q: (L) Let me say this. If this is what we’re saying, well, what I’m saying is, that ... Is this Greenbaum programming something that goes along the line of what I’ve just described a part; a part, I don’t think that’s all of it...

A: In part.

Q: (L) Is there also the implanted triggers to activate at a certain point in future time, to create a mass chaos, in the public domain?

A: Better to discover that one on your own.

Q: (L) Ok, that’s another one that’s dangerous to know right now... (V) Was the person I met last week, {Name redacted}, was he Greenbaumed? Has he been Greenbaumed. (L) He was bizarre, wasn’t he?

A: Now, some history... as you know, the CIA and NSA and other agencies are the children of Nazi Gestapo... the SS, which was experiment influenced by Antareans who were practicing for the eventual reintroduction of the Nephalim on to 3rd and or 4th density earth. And the contact with the “Antareans” was initiated by the Thule Society, which groomed its dupe subject, Adolph Hitler to be the all time mind programmed figurehead. Now, in modern times, you have seen, but so far, on a lesser scale: Oswald, Ruby, Demorenschildt, Sirhan Sirhan, James Earl Ray, Arthur Bremer, Farakahan, Menendez, Bundy, Ramirez, Dahmer, etc...

Q: (L) Is there any particular individual who is currently being programmed to take a more prominent position in terms of this...

A: Later... you must know that Oswald was programmed to be the “patsy.” So that he would say many contradictory things. Demorenschildt was both a programmer and programmed. Ruby was hypnotically programmed to shoot Oswald with an audio prompt, that being the sound of a car horn.

Q: (L) The question has been brought up, is there some way or means that one can distinguish or discern a victim of Greenbaum or other mind programming by some clues?

A: Not until it is too late.

Q: (L) Was SV Greenbaumed?

Q: (T) Yes, well, we kind of figured that already... (L) Yes, but I was just checking here... (T) Is JW Greenbaumed?

Q: (T) And he carries guns around! Although, I’m not sure he knows how to get the cartridges in! (L) What about MF?

Q: (L) SH?

Q: (L) Anybody else got any likely suspects? (T) EB?

A: Now you have touched on a whole other subject, my friend. At least his wife is blissfully ignorant.

Q: (L) What have we stumbled upon with EB? Is he a programmer?

A: Discover.

Q: (T) I think I’d prefer not to! (L) Is there anything further you’d like to add to this subject for our edification before we shut down for the night? (V) I’d like to know if any Presidents have been Greenbaumed? (L) Well, we know some probably have!

Q: (T) How many have we had now? Clinton is number what President? (TM) 42.

A: Remember, the “Greenbaum method” is one of many in existence.

Q: (L) OK, further... (T) What did it say? (V) You’ve got people getting hauled out and abducted, I mean... (L) All kinds of stuff going on. (M) Is (Name redacted) set to go off soon? (L) No, they told you, awareness is the first step in undoing it! Focus on that! You’re aware! How many people are?

A: It is a veritable potpourri.

Q: (L) Any further for tonight?

A: There’s much much much more to discuss about all of this, but if you wish to stop now, that is your choice, and we will continue later. But, it would be helpful if you begin that session on subjects not of a personal nature!
I suspect the programming has many long term goals.

Session 9 August 1997:
Q: Is this biggest flap going to be just a flap, or is it going to be an invasion?

A: Not yet.

Q: Not an invasion?

Q: So, it will just be inciting people to frenzies of speculation...

A: Invasion happens when programming is complete...

Q: What programming?

A: See Bible, "Lucid" book, Matrix Material, "Bringers of the Dawn," and many other sources, then cross reference...

Q: Well, if something is fairly imminent, we are not gonna have time to do all the things you have suggested that we do!

A: Yes you will, most likely.

Session 11 August 2018:
(Pierre) About this recent drop in UFO sightings: Over the past month, sightings dropped drastically. I would like to know why?

A: Programming is complete.

Q: (Artemis) So they don't have to come here anymore, or as often?

(L) I don't think they've gone anywhere. I think their job is done, and they're just sitting back and enjoying the show!

A: Yes

One might think of these programmed acts of terror in terms of the "Deep State" and world governments lust for control of the population but it may be just as problematical concerning what we think of as "out there".

Session 4 December 1999:
Q: Are you implying that there is a build-up of the Military-Industrial Complex for a reason?

A: To preserve status quo during "peacetime." This peace business is not very profitable, you know.

Q: Does that suggest that they are building up to set off a war so they can make more money?

A: Maybe if indeed, and if the populous can be hoodwinked. But, fortunately, the public is less hoodwinkable. Maybe the real enemy is "out there, " rather than "over there." Was it not always?

Q: Does any of this increased aircraft activity have anything to do with the increased awareness and activities of aliens in and around our planet?

A: As always. But, this awareness is factionalized and compartmentalized.

I am trying to get all these crazy killings, shootings and stabbings to make at least some kind of sense and the ultimate goal to control the population seems to be a reasonable possibility.

Another child this time involved in direct violence. What is going on here? The article states that it was not an accident.

A 6-year-old shot a teacher in a Virginia classroom, police say

NORFOLK, Va. — A 6-year-old student shot and wounded a teacher at his school in Virginia during an altercation inside a first-grade classroom Friday, police and school officials in the city of Newport News said.

Experts said a school shooting involving a 6-year-old is extremely rare, although not unheard of, while Virginia law limits the ways in which a child that age can be punished for such a crime.

No students were injured in the shooting at Richneck Elementary School, police said. The teacher — a woman in her 30s — suffered life-threatening injuries. Her condition had improved somewhat by late afternoon, Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew said.

"We did not have a situation where someone was going around the school shooting," Drew told reporters, later adding that the gunshot was not an accident.

Drug wars in the Mission!

San Francisco police investigate the scene of a quadruple shooting in Mission
Jan 8, 2023

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 10-37-11 Lester Black on Twitter.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-08 at 10-37-11 Lester Black on Twitter.png
    596.3 KB · Views: 3
FLASH - #FaitsDivers : A man stabbed several people at the Gare du Nord before being neutralized. Several injured in relative emergency. #garedunord #parisattacks #stabbing

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 22-21-57 FOX5 Las Vegas (@FOX5Vegas) _ Twitter.png

Screenshot 2023-01-11 at 22-20-18 KSNV News 3 Las Vegas (@News3LV) _ Twitter.png

Screenshot 2023-01-12 at 07-14-31 ABC7 Eyewitness News on Twitter.png

Meanwhile, Violence recorded on the beaches of Amsterdam

Drones, army, police, cops on quad bikes, helicopters, patrol boats and spy journalists chasing civilians on deserted beaches to fine them. Never forget what the corrupt politicians have done to us these two years.

On Friday, U.S. Rep. Suzanne Bonamici (D-OR) was struck by a car while crossing a street in Portland and was released from the hospital hours later, according to her communications director.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 06-03-26 Congresswoman Hit By Car.png

Bonamici’s husband, U.S. District Judge Michael H. Simon, walking along with her, was hit as well. Natalie Crofts, the communications director for Rep. Bonamici, tweeted that she was treated for a concussion and cuts while her husband suffered minor injuries.

Bonamici and Simon were crossing Northwest Everett Street near 19th Avenue around 8:44 p.m. when a woman turned at low speed and knocked them down, Portland Police spokesperson Kevin Allen told OregonLive.

Crofts added that Bonamici was expected to make a full recovery but would have to miss two town halls planned for Saturday, which were planned alongside Sen. Jeff Merkley in Clatsop and Tillamook counties.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 06-02-40 Congresswoman Hit By Car.png

The driver who struck the couple at a slow speed near downtown Portland remained on scene and cooperated with the investigation. No arrests were made, Oregon Public Broadcasting reported.

The Oregon Democrat was voted in for her sixth full term in Congress on Jan. 7. She was first elected to Oregon’s 1st Congressional District in 2012 when she won a special election following the resignation of David Wu.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 07-01-43 ANC6B10 on Twitter.png

The disintegration via soul-smashing is evident as the sessions indicated

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 08-06-33 ABC7 Eyewitness News on Twitter.png

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 08-08-27 ABC7 Eyewitness News on Twitter.png

A 6-year-old shot a teacher in a Virginia classroom, police say
The schools superintendent in Newport News provided additional details of the Jan. 6 shooting, which left a first-grade teacher hospitalized with injuries to her hand and chest.
Updated Jan. 13, 2023, 7:42 PM CET By Erik Ortiz
A school administrator in Newport News, Virginia, was alerted to a possible weapon on a 6-year-old boy before a first-grade teacher was shot, but a search of the student's bookbag that morning turned up empty, school district officials said.

The forewarning was revealed during a virtual town hall Thursday evening for parents of students at Richneck Elementary School, where the Jan. 6 shooting has raised concerns about potential security failures at the kindergarten through fifth grade institution.

Superintendent Dr. George Parker III said the boy came to school late and his bookbag was inspected upon arriving at the office to sign in, according to parents who watched the town hall, which was not public.

"At least one administrator was notified of a possible weapon," Parker said in a video reviewed by NBC News.

But further details were not made available about who conducted the search, why the gun was not found and if the child's clothing was physically examined.

A spokeswoman for the Newport News Public Schools said Friday that outstanding questions remain about the timeline, and she could not immediately say when the tip was received or who made it.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 06-12-47 Backpack of 6-year-old boy was searched prior to Virginia sc...png

A spokeswoman for the Newport News police said that authorities also determined through their ongoing investigation that "a school employee was notified of a possible firearm at Richneck Elementary before the shooting occurred. The Newport News Police Department was not notified of this information prior to the incident."

First-grade teacher Abigail Zwerner, 25, was shot with a bullet from a 9 mm Taurus firearm that went through her hand and into her upper chest, police said. Her condition, initially considered life-threatening, has improved to stable and she is talking, according to police.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 06-14-04 Backpack of 6-year-old boy was searched prior to Virginia sc...png
Earlier Thursday, Newport News School Board Chair Lisa Surles-Law said the district will install metal detectors at all schools, starting with Richneck.

She did not disclose the cost of the detectors or a timeline for installation.

No students were injured, and the 6-year-old was taken into custody following the incident.

A court-ordered temporary detention order was placed on the child, who is "currently receiving treatment at a medical facility," officials have said. Police have previously said there was no warning and no struggle before the shooting, which Newport News Police Chief Steve Drew described as intentional.

Authorities declined Thursday to disclose any additional details about the shooting, citing the investigation.

The student's mother bought the gun used in the shooting legally, according to Newport News police. Officials haven't specified how the boy got hold of it.

Experts say that the child is unlikely to be charged but that his parents could be criminally culpable depending on whether they failed to properly secure the weapon. Virginia law prohibits leaving a loaded gun where it is accessible to a child under 14 as a misdemeanor.

Shootings in schools by such young children are exceedingly rare as are the use of metal detectors in schools, particularly at the elementary level.

During the 2019-20 school year, less than 2% of public elementary schools performed random metal detector checks on students, schools, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. The figures were 10% for middle schools and 14.8% for high schools.

Some parents of Richneck students said they are supportive of metal detectors as well as the use of see-through bookbags, another security measure that is being explored.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 06-15-52 Backpack of 6-year-old boy was searched prior to Virginia sc...png
Mark Anthony Garcia Sr., the parent of a second-grade student, said school administrators need to be further transparent about how the student brought a gun into school and why some parents, such as himself, only learned about the incident from news coverage.

"They still need to talk about who's going to be held responsible to not getting all the information there to all parents, and who’s going to be held responsible for the security negligence. They still need to talk about who's going to be held responsible to not getting all the information there to all parents, and who's going to be held responsible for the security negligence of the situation," Garcia said. "And they still need to talk about how they missed the steps of safety and what was the safety policy in place that failed us on Jan. 6, 2023.”

Parents and staff have said there also must be larger conversations about emotional and mental health among students as well as gun safety and firearm access. Officials said there will be mental health clinicians for students and staff when school resumes, and that a security officer will be installed full-time at the school.

Update:
Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 08-18-13 TV News Now on Twitter.png

Meanwhile:

Last edited:
Breaking Sacramento CA and elsewhere.
Quote:

Gang bangers take to the streets.

California Mass Shooting: 6 Dead, 12 Injured In Sacramento
2 hours ago
California Mass Shooting: 6 Dead, 12 Injured In Sacramento | California Shooting News | News18 Live San Francisco: Six people were shot and killed Sunday in California, with 12 more injured in the latest mass casualty event to spark calls in the United States for new actions to combat gun violence. The shooting occurred Sunday morning in the California capital city of Sacramento around 2:00 AM after a "large fight" broke out in its downtown area, Police Chief Kathy Lester said at a press conference.

Gunshots at Oklahoma high school after basketball game send announcers ducking for cover
Updated 5:04 AM EST, Wed January 18, 2023 Video
Gunfire broke out at an Oklahoma City area high school after a basketball game Tuesday night, sending game commentators ducking for cover and fans running.

At least one man was shot and taken to a hospital, officials told CNN affiliate KOCO.

“After the completion of the boys’ basketball game against Millwood High School, a fight occurred and gunshots were fired inside the field house,” Del City High School Principal Steve Gilliland said on the school’s website. “The Del City Police Department is onsite and investigating the incident.”

Shots could be heard in the gymnasium in a Millwood Falcons Sports livestream as people congregated on the court after the game ended with Del City winning 62 to 58 and announcers commenting on the matchup.

Officials told KOCO that shots were fired both inside and outside the fieldhouse.

“There was at least over 500 people here, maybe a little bit more,” Del City Police Capt. Brad Cowden told the station. “The game had just concluded when this incident occurred.”

No information was available on the wounded person’s condition or whether he is connected to the school.

The principal said the school will shift to a virtual learning day on Wednesday.

CNN has reached out to the Del City Police Department for more information.

Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 06-10-41 Gunshots at Oklahoma high school after basketball game send ...png

Marina District residents are fed up with a surge in crime in their neighborhood
Jan 18, 2023

Chaos 2022
The Most Heart-Stopping Moments of 2022
Dec 24, 2022
These are the most heart-stopping moments of 2022. A miracle happened in November when an SUV went airborne and flew over a car driven by a priest on his way to church. A video from April shows the moment of impact when a speeding Ford Mustang hit a school bus full of middle school students. In January, video of a dangerous road rage incident in Miami was released to the public. Inside Edition, Digital has more.

Chicago
Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 06-40-08 ABC 7 Chicago (@ABC7Chicago) _ Twitter.png
Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 06-43-08 ABC 7 Chicago (@ABC7Chicago) _ Twitter.png
Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 06-44-11 ABC 7 Chicago (@ABC7Chicago) _ Twitter.png
Screenshot 2023-01-19 at 06-46-52 ABC 7 Chicago (@ABC7Chicago) _ Twitter.png

Last edited:
Random violent attacks spark fear among Toronto residents and visitors
Jan 22, 2023
Jan. 20, 2023 8:04 PM PT
A teenager who was shot to death this week in Palmdale had recently been released from juvenile detention after striking a woman and her baby in Venice with a stolen car in 2021, authorities said.

Around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, Kristopher Baca, 17, was walking to his grandmother’s home when a red sedan pulled up behind him in the 38000 block of 11th Street East, said Det. Ray Lugo of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

Someone in the car fired “numerous” shots at Baca, who was struck several times and died at the scene, Lugo said.

Baca was identified by a law enforcement official as the driver of a car captured on surveillance cameras in August 2021 accelerating toward a mother who was pushing her child in a stroller near Speedway and Galleon Street. The car had been stolen, the law enforcement officials said, and the head-on collision sent the mother and child flying over the hood of the car, which then sped off.
The mother and child survived, and Baca, then 16, was arrested. The woman criticized Los Angeles County Dist. Atty. George Gascón after the teenager, who pleaded guilty to felony charges of assault and hit-and-run, was sentenced in June to a range of five to seven months in a juvenile camp, KTTV Channel 11 reported.

Baca served his term at Camp Glenn Rockey in San Dimas, according to the law enforcement official, who was not authorized to discuss the case and requested anonymity. It’s unclear when he was released, but the official said he was at the camp as recently as October, when he was disciplined for getting into a fight.

Updates:

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 18-20-11 AIRLIVE on Twitter.png

An Asian male is a suspect in this latest shooting in southern California

Jan. 22, 2023 Updated 5:54 AM PT
Ten people were killed and at least 10 others were injured when a gunman opened fire at a ballroom dance studio in Monterey Park on Saturday night, the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department said.

The mass shooting, one of California’s worst in recent memory, happened in the 100 block of West Garvey Avenue at around 10:22 p.m., sheriff’s Capt. Andrew Meyer told reporters Sunday morning. The shooting occurred on Lunar New Year’s Eve about seven miles east of downtown Los Angeles.

There was scant information on the gunman: male and still at large. There is no known motive, nor a description of the shooter.

“When officers arrived on scene, they observed numerous individuals, patrons ... pouring out of the location, screaming. The officers made entry to the location and located additional victims,” Meyer said.

Firefighters pronounced 10 of the victims dead at the scene, Meyer said. At least 10 others were taken to numerous local hospitals, and their conditions range from stable to critical.

Meyer said investigators don’t know whether the victims were targeted. He said it was too early to know whether the shooting was a hate crime. “We will look at every angle,” he said.

There was no description of the weapon used other than it was a firearm, Meyer said.

Meyer said he was aware of some kind of incident in the neighboring suburb of Alhambra, “and we have investigators on scene trying to determine if there’s a connection between these two incidents.”

Law enforcement were also on scene Sunday morning in Alhambra at the Lai Lai Ballroom & Studio in the 100 block of South Garfield Avenue, about two miles north of the Monterey Park shooting. It was not clear if the police activity at that site was the incident referenced by Meyer.

Seung Won Choi, who owns a seafood barbecue restaurant on Garvey Avenue across from where the shooting happened, said three people rushed into his restaurant and told him to lock the door.

They said there was a man with a semiautomatic gun in the area. The shooter, they said, had multiple rounds of ammunition, so that once his ammunition ran out he reloaded, Choi said.

Wong Wei, who lives nearby, said his friend had gone to the dance club that night with a few of her friends. His friend was in the bathroom when the shooting started.

When she came out, she saw a gunman and three bodies — two women and one person who was the boss of the club, Wei said, adding that his friend escaped to his home around 11 p.m.

The shooter was carrying a long gun and appeared to fire indiscriminately, his friend told him.

“They don’t know why, so they run,” he said.

The shooting occurred near the site where tens of thousands had gathered Saturday for the start of a two-day Lunar New Year festival, one of the largest holiday events in the region.

Earlier in the day, crowds were enjoying skewers and shopping for Chinese food and jewelry. Saturday’s New Year festival hours were scheduled from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.

John, 27, who declined to give his last name, lives near the shooting site. He got home around 10 p.m. and heard about four or five gunshots, he said. Then he heard police cruisers “smashing” down the street. He went downstairs at around 11:20 p.m. to see if the shooting occurred at the festival.

“My first concern was I know they’re having a Lunar New Year celebration,” he said. But he said he saw that the festival had already been cleaned up for the day when he arrived. He went to the scene of the shooting and saw one person being put on a stretcher. Another person had a bandage on their arm.

A law enforcement officer on a sidewalk.

Police at the scene of the shooting at Monterey Park on Saturday night. (Raul Roa / Los Angeles Times)

Video on social media showed police and fire units swarming an area on Garvey Avenue and treating victims.
Injured people were taken to multiple hospitals.

The violence left many in the area stunned.

Edwin Chen, a 47-year-old delivery dispatcher, rushed over from Woodland Hills to Monterey Park around 12:30 a.m. after hearing the news. Chen said he grew up in the area, and about a dozen of his relatives and friends live there.

He said he was saddened this happened just as the community was celebrating Lunar New Year.

“This is [supposed to be] a happy time,” he said. “I want to find out as much as possible. It’s still shocking.”

“Our hearts go out to those who lost loved ones tonight in our neighboring city, Monterey Park, where a mass shooting just occurred,” Los Angeles City Controller Kenneth Mejia, the first Asian American to hold citywide office in L.A., said on Twitter.

Monterey Park, a city of 61,000 in the San Gabriel Valley, east of Los Angeles, is 65% Asian American, 27% Latino and 6% white, according to census data.

One of the anchor suburbs in the San Gabriel Valley, Monterey Park is a hub of Asian American supermarkets and restaurants.

Monterey Park’s two-day Lunar New Year festival had been scheduled to conclude on Sunday. But the day’s events are canceled “out of an abundance of caution and in reverence for the victims,” Monterey Park Police Chief Scott Wiese said.

White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre tweeted that President Biden has been briefed on the Monterey Park shooting. The tweet said Biden directed his homeland security advisor, Elizabeth Sherwood-Randall, “to make sure that the FBI is providing full support to local authorities, and to update him regularly today as more details are known.”

The mass shooting in Monterey Park was one of the worst in modern Los Angeles County history. One of the last mass shootings of this scale happened on Christmas Eve in 2008, when a man dressed as Santa Claus entered a home in Covina, armed with five handguns.

Nine people were killed in that shooting rampage, including the gunman’s former wife and her parents. The gunman took his life hours later after the shootings.

Other mass shootings in California in recent memory include the massacre at a San Ysidro McDonald’s in 1984, where a gunman killed 21 people; and the terrorist attack that resulted in 14 deaths in San Bernardino in 2015.

Saturday’s shooting came just five days after six people — including a 10-month-old baby, his 16-year-old mother, and a grandmother — were killed in the Central Valley farming community of Goshen in Tulare County.

Anyone with information on the Monterey Park shooting is asked to call the L.A. County Sheriff’s homicide detectives at (323) 890-5500.

Anonymous tips can be made by calling (800) 222-8477. Times staff writer Ruben Vives contributed to this report.

Atlanta

California

Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 16-07-41 Sinking California (@SinkingCalifor1) _ Twitter.png

Attachments

• e92ed5e1-6058-4811-a6d2-926e8fe512d1.jpeg
    e92ed5e1-6058-4811-a6d2-926e8fe512d1.jpeg
    265.1 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom