Mark Rodin's Vortex Based Mathematics

more to the point if the number patterns and Rodins work and number patterns represent the flow of energy in the this universe, I find the relationship to the wreath significant! does this deserve more consideration.

If this does not make sense to you I suggest looking at his work with more of an open mind-

_http://www.markorodin.com/content/view/7/26/

video-
http://video.google.com.au/videoplay?docid=-7911972442098545165&ei=xwUyS5rWOYeYqAOR3fnNDg&q=marko+rodin+vortex+based+mathematics&hl=en&view=3#

mandell said:
more to the point if the number patterns and Rodins work and number patterns represent the flow of energy in the this universe, I find the relationship to the wreath significant! does this deserve more consideration.

If this does not make sense to you I suggest looking at his work with more of an open mind-

I think maybe he's got something going on, but I'm not sure what and I was initially put off a bit by:

...all intelligence comes from a person's name

...everything he had read in both the Bahai scriptures and other religious text spoke of nine being the omni-potent number.

Nature is expressing herself with numbers.

NUMBERS ARE REAL AND ALIVE

So, what's really up with all that? Why is he busting out onto the public stage with this? What does he want from the general public?

My attitude is just to wait and watch to see what happens next. At this point in my growth, I don't yet have any reason to believe that numbers are anything other than a sub-class of language, itself, that have no use separated from any 'bits' of actual reality.

So, until I see otherwise, I'd be careful about getting excited about all this. I tend to defer to the cautions of two great logicians: Lewis Carroll and Abelard.

Do you remember Alice in Wonderland? When Humpty Dumpty tries to assign purely arbitrary meanings to certain words, Alice challenges him:

[quote author=Alice in Wonderland]
Humpty:
"When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."

Alice:
"The question is, whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Humpty:
"The question is, who is to be master - that's all."

From Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll
[/quote]

Lewis Carroll (Charles Lutwidge Dodgson, English author, mathematician, logician, Anglican deacon and a photographer).
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lewis_Carroll

[quote author=Abelard]
The approach to teaching mathematics and other languages is profoundly unsound, but the habits are deeply ingrained.

Numbers have no magical essence. Numbers are no different in nature or type than any other words. ‘Two’ just means “object and another object”. Numbers are words, they are not more than words and they are not less than words. There is no essential difference between language and mathematics. To attempt to teach mathematics as somehow separated from language is poor and confused pedagogy.

An ‘object’ is just what any individual human decides at that moment is an ‘object’. Objects do not somehow ‘exist in their own right in the world’. It just happens to be convenient and useful for humans to separate out and focus upon ‘bits’ of that unified reality.

Fortunately these difficulties, and differences or changes, are not so great that we cannot use words with pragmatic effect. Despite the problems, we can communicate sufficiently effectively to enable and enhance our everyday life and survival, but we are wise to keep in mind the very real limitations of language.

We may proceed by not worrying too much about the inevitable inaccuracy of all language usage, thus accepting a generalised relaxation of rigour. That is, by accepting sufficient similarity as a replacement for any ambition to some unattainable ‘total accuracy’ or ‘equality’.

There is no great number in the sky. Kronecker, another great mathematician said of mathematics, “god made the integers, all else was made by man”.[1] I assert that Kronecker under-estimated humankind and over estimated numbers.

1-Barrow, John D. Pi in the Sky – Counting, thinking and being, 1993, Penguin Books, 0140231099; page 188
[/quote]

Abelard, originally called 'Pierre le Pallet' [Pierre (Peter) Abelard of Le Pallet] was born in 1079, in the little village of Le Pallet, a commune in the Loire-Atlantique department in western France, about 10 miles east of Nantes, in Brittany, lying on the River Sèvre Nantaise. His wife, Heloise, became the very wise abbess of Le Paraclet.

Peter Abelard (Lt: Petrus Abaelardus or Abailard; Fr: Pierre Abélard) (1079 – April 21, 1142) was a medieval French scholastic philosopher, theologian and preeminent logician. The story of his affair with and love for Héloïse has become legendary. The Chambers Biographical Dictionary describes him as "the keenest thinker and boldest theologian of the 12th Century".

_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Abelard

Other quotes that may or may not be interesting in this context:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent’.
Wittgenstein, L., Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus, 1922, preface.

No need to multiply entities without cause - the simplest explanation or strategy tends to be the best one. When competing hypotheses are equal in other respects, select the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions and postulates the fewest entities while still sufficiently answering the question.
Occam's razor (also spelled: Ockham)
_http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_razor

I saw Marko's stuff 2 or 3 years ago but it seemed to be older material. I remember emailing him to ask how he had progressed since those video series were done and his reply was something along the lines that he never got the funding he wanted and was just working to pay the bills so he hadn't done anything else.

I also heard him on a net radio show after that email exchange and he was still very cocky seeming and dropping statements like he had solved pi and it was a whole number, and many other such thing but it was a replay of some of his claims in the old videos.

It was interesting but I never saw where he actually did any operations or calculations to produce any results with it. Also (and someone please correct me here if I'm wrong) but I think I remember seeing that Ark had looked at it and said he didn't see anything that couldn't be done with Clifford Algebra.

Wooow , this is wierd , before looking at this thread , yesterday i found few examples of rodins coils and kubiks coils on youtube and i was kinda amazed by effects of magnetic field generated by those coils. And today i came to visit the forum as usual and i see this thread.
I am experimenting with magnets and coils recently.

Vortex Mathematics

I am wondering if anyone has researched Marko Rodin's vortex mathematics? Lots of his ideas seem to fit in with what the Cs say. I have spent quite a lot of time researching it and there really seems to be something to it. Also, it gets a LOT of 'attack' shall we call it in the scientific community...the kind of attacks which suggest there might be something to it!

I am wondering if ark has ever looked into it? the coil brings energy out of 'the vortex...or the zero...' which marko rodin claims is GRAVITY...

There seem to be correlations between the role of the zero in marko rodins work and the role of gravity in the Cs 'cosmology' if i can say that.

at one point he calls gravity a 'binder'. he holds that the symmetry (duality...) shown in the enneagram (or his inverse version) all emanates from the zero. he also states that this energy is coming from a place which could be described by what the Cs call the 'centre of a sphere'. his description of how the process works seems remarkably similar to many of the descriptions of the functioning of the enneagram i have encountered.

one thing i found amazing about the mathematics of the enneagram was in a book by Irmis Popoff:

142857 is the sequence of the pattern inside the enneagram (not the triangle).

142857 x1
285714 x2
428571 x3
571428 x4
714285 x5
857142 x6
999999 x7

The pattern 142857 occurs continuously until it is multiplied by 7, then it is 999999. Gurdjieff gave us the law of three and the law of seven. there are seven densities and we are in the third. according rodin the reason for the repeating sequence is the numbers inbetween, the 3 6 and 9, which are emanating from higher dimensions/densities, ensuring a self sustained system.

I heard that a respected chemist said of Marko Rodin's book called 'The Quantum Mechanical State of DNA Sequencing' that it would 'only be understood in his (marko's) life if he cloned himself'.

I realize I'm resurrecting an old topic but I was searching through the forum to see if anyone had brought up anything similar to what I had in mind and this thread does seem related.

I want to talk about that 142857 number loop that derives from dividing the circle into seven parts. I once saw the enneagram rotated in space as though it were a sphere, with the "6-pointed" figure around the triangle making a unicursal loop. I recall from Ouspensky's Tertium Organum something along the lines of him saying that the circle is not real, that it is derived as a defect of our perception in looking at a sphere. If you can imagine, the "line" starts at the point 1, and bends outward toward the viewer to swing through the point 4, then tracing away from the viewer back up toward the 2 (if you've ever seen chemical molecule's notation it could be depicted as a filled in wedge coming toward you and a dashed or thin line when receding).

This motion on the "line", if it were occuring in 3 dimensional space, would seem to me to be plausible if the "point" were in constant rotation, and could move in the pattern 142857 with either right or left-handed spin (+1/-1), going either forwards or backwards. This line then would really be a non-stop curve in which the tangent or slope of the line is always changing, tracing around the periphery of a sphere in which the triangle is enclosed (the loop would form 3 rings around the 3 points of the triangle, going around the apex to wide points and bending inward to loop around the lower vertices). In my mind's eye, when started at the 1 with a right-handed spin and pushed behind the figure first before coming through the 4, this motion would seem to be expansive, whereas if starting at the 1 with a right-handed spin and coming forward first the motion seems to be contractile (with analogous application for left-handed spin).

I've come to think of the ennegram in these terms as being a means by which to geometer a sphere, a sort of perpetual centripetal motion machine, or perhaps an analogy for an atom (it seems almost natural to snap off the motion from time to time and make it appear with different spin at a different point on the "track"). It's made me think that the numbers we get from dividing the proportions are actually dictated by the motion that makes the "figure" as we define it.

I also remember from Tertium Organum where he gives the description of a 4-dimensional sphere as one that is translating in space to form what is essentially a crescent moon shape with the full sphere at the apex. This motion around the triangle seems to me to necessitate the start of a movement which would cause the sphere to then translate in space as well.

My question then is if anyone else has thought of the enneagram in this way, as a 2-D depiction of a 3-D object containing the engine that drives it from 4-D. Before I read this post I had been thinking of the triangle (nucleus) as a magnet with the unicursal "track" that the "electron" follows being a sort of wire in which current or flow or movement was induced, but the idea that perhaps the center of the figure is a vortex/void/black hole/matter-antimatter node is good food for thought.

Again any thoughts or comments I'd like to hear some feedback. Let me know if I've done a sufficient job in what it is I'm trying to describe.

Resistense said:
(the loop would form 3 rings around the 3 points of the triangle, going around the apex to wide points and bending inward to loop around the lower vertices)... but the idea that perhaps the center of the figure is a vortex/void/black hole/matter-antimatter node is good food for thought.

Sounds like a Sefirot description I've seen (and I do think the Sefirot and Enneagram are highly related).

http://tap3x.net/EMBTI/j4selfcc.html

Back
Top Bottom