Killary Clinton, The Donald, or Jill Stein: The US Election

If Trump is victorious, looking ahead, one thing that may be likely is a lot of anti-Russian sentiment due to the way that the Clinton campaign has tried to connect Trump with Putin. It's a meme that's firmly rooted in the American consciousness right now, and there's going to be a lot of resentment from Clinton supporters that's seeking an easy target.

Pierre said:
Each media has slightly different figures but they all give a lead to Trump this far. According to WP, it's now 232 for Trump and 209 for Clinton.

The market seem to anticipate a republican victory with Dow Jones futures and Peso dropping sharply.
Ahh! 254 Trump, 209 Clinton ... some says the peso could reach 24, we were at 18 +-, buf!!people are in shock, it was funny at a certain way, how the media were awestruck as to how come the polls failed, but they kept going with the Clinton media propaganda, last days they mentioned an uplift from Trump ... they never mentioned any mails, though...

Well, its not that outcome values much. Anyway you turn it, for the plain "little" man (AKA "average Joe" :) ) the next president name will be Dillary Trumpton or Honald Clump :lol:

It's going to come down to Michigan and Pennsylvania. Those are very close. Wisconsin is also a swing state, but Trump's lead is more comfortable than in Michigan and Clinton's probable win in Minnesota cancels out Wisconsin, even though Wisconsin hasn't voted Republican in the presidential election since 1988. That's a definite shocker for most analysts. If he wins Michigan, Wisconsin and Arizona, it pretty much doesn't matter if she wins Pennsylvania.

I bet the Clintons are a bit nervous right now. With the possibility of an FBI investigation, should she lose. Those wannabe elites. Squirm maggots!

The real elites can sit back with business as usual and the people can go back to sleep, knowing that the American way has been preserved.

Apparently Trump just won Iowa (6 electoral votes) with 52% of votes. It brings Trump to 244 while Clinton stays at 209

WIN 52 said:
I bet the Clintons are a bit nervous right now. With the possibility of an FBI investigation, should she lose. Those wannabe elites. Squirm maggots!
The FBI should get a judge to seize the Clintons' passports, lest they flee to Paraguay or somewhere.

Actually Trump will get to 270 by taking Arizona, where he has a 4% lead, Wisconsin (almost 4% lead), Alaska (traditional Red State) and New Hampshire (extremely close). So he could lose Michigan and Pennsylvania and still win. But I don't see how Clinton can win. She needs Michigan and Wisconsin along with her other states. I don't see her winning Wisconsin.

Currently the Canadian immigration website has crashed due to the traffic it's received from the US in lieu of what looks like a potential Trump victory.
_http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/how-to-move-to-canada-immigration-website-crashes-as-donald-trump-election-victory-looks-imminent/ar-AAk4w1V?li=AAadgLE&ocid=spartandhp

An American friend of mine is freaking out and on the verge of throwing up because his foreign bf is going to lose his health insurance (Obamacare I'm guessing) and won't be able to get married anymore. I know that people have a tendency to catastrophize on election nights, but it hit home for me how Trump's policies could/will hurt a lot of people, if some of the things he proposes don't actually improve anything. The main angles I've been viewing the election have been with regard to corruption and foreign policy. It was a good lesson in empathy to speak with someone who judged it from another viewpoint.

Pierre said:
Apparently Trump just won Iowa (6 electoral votes) with 52% of votes. It brings Trump to 244 while Clinton stays at 209

As it stands, The chances of Clinton turning it around are quite slim in my view, but who knows.

There's 85 electoral votes available and most predictions give it to trump according to the trends of vote counting on most Counties on the states left. But math is math, and Hillary still has got a chance i suppose.

But i am actually going to use this time to do some productive resting. And leave watching the numbers at what they currently are.

At least i know that tomorrow there won't be election madness and there won't be good news in the morning.

Kinds shocking if Trump actually wins. Been trying to avoid the circus all day. People close to me are quite upset thinking Trump has won even though it's not over yet. CNN's headline denotes a cliffhanger.

Beau said:
But I don't see how Clinton can win. She needs Michigan and Wisconsin along with her other states.

At 77.1% votes counted, Trump is leading in Michigan with 47.6% of popular votes VS 47.0% for Clinton.

Similar to what whitecoast said, it is going to be a challenge to figure out how to relate to a lot of people starting tomorrow. Most of the celebrities and liberals I follow on twitter are in full meltdown mode. Quite a few of the people I know in real life are moderately to strongly in the Democrat/Clinton camp. I've made no secret about staying out of it and, when confronted, admitted to not even being properly registered to vote. But it's hard not to sort of tacitly root for Trump for the sticking it to the system and, as Laura said, the soap opera factor. Words will need to be chosen carefully in order not to come off as some smug [bad person].

Pierre said:
Beau said:
But I don't see how Clinton can win. She needs Michigan and Wisconsin along with her other states.

At 77.1% votes counted, Trump is leading in Michigan with 47.6% of popular votes VS 47.0% for Clinton.
Fox News already took Wisconsin 10 points for Trump (Foro TV is taking its numbers-it seems) but still is at 82%, similar % with those of theguardian

Joe said:
Would Newsweek have put the cash into this if they thought there was any doubt?

It could be taking risks since setting up the printing plates and the whole printing procedure takes some time that they chose their favorite. Plus the delivery services and so on. It could be as well that the printing plates for Trump are also ready to go.

Back
Top Bottom