Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

I was reading an article based on this book, and I found something that I think might apply to JP:

It's funny you mention that. I had a dream this morning where JP was giving a lecture and the crowd started talking back to him. Not the whole crowd but maybe 1 in 5 people spoke as one. They told JP that he could ask them whatever he liked. JP asked a couple of questions and the audience responded with the wisdom of the crowd. Then JP got angry and the crowd went silent.

It made me think that when you're in a group or network if those who have knowledge speak then the overall wisdom of the group of "ordinary" people is far greater than any individual.

I saw on the Catholic Register that Tammy Peterson has converted to Catholicism. They did an editorial with her and JP where he talked about his upcoming book and their newfound faith in the bible. I didn't read all of it but it seems with all this uncertainty in the world, more and more people are clinging to mainstream religion.

I saw on the Catholic Register that Tammy Peterson has converted to Catholicism. They did an editorial with her and JP where he talked about his upcoming book and their newfound faith in the bible. I didn't read all of it but it seems with all this uncertainty in the world, more and more people are clinging to mainstream religion.
When I read your post, I had no idea what you meant by the “Catholic Register”.
a private church list, or what the heck?
Thanks to the”magic” of the computers interwebs, and for other forum members like myself, not familiar with this religious affiliation, apparently it’s an on line catholic news site.
The article has a few newish insights into the saga of the Peterson’s, and I agree with you @Turgon, “more and more people are clinging to mainstream religion.”, I’d make that a plural, religions.
I have been approached and preached “at”, this, while minding my own solitude and business at the beach, by several different affiliations/faiths/cults just in the the last few weeks.
Everyone’s in an End of the world frenzy!
Anyway, these two are definitely a public score for the Catholic side!
For anyone else interested in reading the article, here’s the link:

Speaking of Catholicism (a little outside the subject I know), isn't the current pope prophecized to be the last one according the Malachy prophecies? What I find a little peculiar is that after all the talk with Pageau, they decide to join the catholic church instead of the Orthodox one.

Yeah, he does. Was just listening to this. The guy has a lot of valuable insights. Start watching from where this link takes you.

Thanks for the link, he really does have some useful things to share.
But also Gabor Mate seemed to be right about his presentation, he seems so ful of some unresolved anger, almost as if being enraged at his own "ridiculously adventurous life" at the time.

I'd say that Peterson in the last part of the video shows his brilliance. But without a network comparable to this one he is going to have problems as we head into the future if he does not confront his sacred cows, his cherished beliefs and work thru them.

He's entitled to moments of 'divine madness' just as we all are but at some point must center himself.

At this point he must choose a trajectory towards truth and not mammon. He can't have both. Maybe his higher self has set up his 2024 network that he mentioned to help himself and others thru the upcoming turmoil. Don't know though.

But this last of the video shows his possibilities. I'd say that his realizations in this last part of the video were magnificent. In this he had a moment, a "moment of magnificence" (a phrase I heard in a movie but I can't remember which one). Anytime we work thru our cherished beliefs that have no foundation in reality and overcome something in ourselves we have these moments and they add up like beads on a string until everything suddenly changes. A change in consciousness thru applied Will. I hope he has more moments like that.

Last edited:
Peterson doubles down in an Op Ed in the Telegraph

Yeah, I saw that and commented on it here. The full article can be read on his blog - but I think it's only worth a skim-reading to confirm that he still believes that it's everyone's fault except for Israel, and in fact "The Jews" are the real victims. :rolleyes: Completely ignores genocide, and accuses Palestinian supporters of being "pro-Hamas antisemitic postmodern MetaMarxists". (Epic Facepalm). Downright annoying.

Yeah, I saw that and commented on it here. The full article can be read on his blog - but I think it's only worth a skim-reading to confirm that he still believes that it's everyone's fault except for Israel, and in fact "The Jews" are the real victims. :rolleyes: Completely ignores genocide, and accuses Palestinian supporters of being "pro-Hamas antisemitic postmodern MetaMarxists". (Epic Facepalm). Downright annoying.

Yup. Its as though he's only capable of viewing these events through the lens of anti-wokeness and his very limited (and limiting) understanding of what's actually occurring. When Mikhaila Peterson had Norman Finkelstein on her show recently I had thought/hoped that JP might have tuned in, learned a thing or two, and his responses and stance to what's unfolding may be somewhat improved. But it looks like JP will need to assimilate MUCH more information and something like a visceral shock or two before he's capable of seeing what's occurring more or less objectively.

Yup. Its as though he's only capable of viewing these events through the lens of anti-wokeness and his very limited (and limiting) understanding of what's actually occurring. When Mikhaila Peterson had Norman Finkelstein on her show recently I had thought/hoped that JP might have tuned in, learned a thing or two, and his responses and stance to what's unfolding may be somewhat improved. But it looks like JP will need to assimilate MUCH more information and something like a visceral shock or two before he's capable of seeing what's occurring more or less objectively.
He's as stubborn as a mule when it comes down to his core foundational beliefs and presuppositions. My mind boggles as to how egregious an event would have to be in order to be a necessary shock to his system. I'll still hear him out from time to time, but not on his politics. He's just plain wrong, and he detests anyone who points this out to him. And there's something about his combative nature that turns a little nasty when he's provoked. And he's warping everything in his mind to preserve a kind of Judeo-Christian Orthodoxy that simply won't hold. What is a "meta-marxist" anyway? :lol:

He's helped a whole lot of people though, and has provided valuable insights about the human condition. I'm glad I was around for those good years earlier on, when he was not overstretching himself. No-one can be a sage on every subject under the sun, and he's not exactly spreading himself too thin; rather it is those core foundational beliefs, the inherent primacy of the west and all that old BS. He believes in it to the very core of his being. In time he may come around, I concede that is a possibility. However I consider it unlikely at this point. he came good on covid, will he come round again? Let's wait and see....

At this late stage in the grand world game, still backing the primacy of the west in the face of all objective data is akin to accepting the mark of the beast. It's ironic that in his new found fame he's jet setting around the world (VISA man in action, dude!), informing hundreds of thousands of enraptured people; "True Believers" who hang on his every word, and watch him wrestle with a new thought live on stage. His lack of self-consciousness with his intellect and emotions have made him a captivating figure, but his screwy politics make him an unfortunate vector for bad ideas, and we've seen this kind of thing happen with conservative thinkers before. These days it's ensnaring the classical liberal minds, who never dared to suspect the duplicitous mind of the Ultra Zionist. Jesus wept, if he only knew what we know after all these years of research. I resent being labelled an antisemite by a man who refuses to hear the other side out. He's just shutting it down, and that is not the hallmark of a "great soul" in my book. Just my current thoughts on the enigma.

But it looks like JP will need to assimilate MUCH more information and something like a visceral shock or two before he's capable of seeing what's occurring more or less objectively.
If ~10000 children among ~20000 civilians purposefully killed with countless injured, maimed, displaced can't deliver a visceral shock, I don't know what can do it. It would require a out-worldly miracle at this point.

Peterson may have crystallized on the wrong foundation based on an intense struggle between 'yes' and 'no' the foundation of which is a fanatical idea. So he built his foundation on fanaticism which will halt his development. Wrong crystallization.

Right crystallization has it's basis in
understanding. A crystallization built on a rock solid understanding is solid and correct.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom