Jordan Peterson: Gender Pronouns and Free Speech War

Oh my gosh herondancer, where have I been all these years
I saw them in LA in 1978 a couple of years after they formed. The sendup of Martha Gaham (Phaedra 1167) was gut-bustingly funny. So they've been at it for quite a while. In fact, there's been gripes in the last few years that they're getting too good. One of the guys has an arabesque I would have killed for.. Here's another sampler, and try to remember these are all men. Dying Swan (near the end) is an absolute hoot.

edit: added info

Here's another sampler, and try to remember these are all men. Dying Swan (near the end) is an absolute hoot.
Absolutely astounding. Imagine being present at one of their training sessions!!!!🤸‍♂️
Thank you herondancer for these wonderful clips as they really cheered me up. I still amazed that such a troupe exists. Also, what a wonderful comparison to have.

I think the key to Trockadero is they have a sense of humor and can laugh at themselves. They come off as men pretending to be women and they know and acknowledge that and even work it into the routine.

This is far different than men who act and pretend like they really are women and then start making aggressive demands about it.

I think the key to Trockadero is they have a sense of humor and can laugh at themselves. They come off as men pretending to be women and they know and acknowledge that and even work it into the routine.

This is far different than men who act and pretend like they really are women and then start making aggressive demands about it.
What a stark visual difference between acknowledging reality, one might even call it dancing with life's limitations and absurdities, and ignoring it. One is beautifully comedic. The other is a grotesque affront to beauty itself.

They come off as men pretending to be women and they know and acknowledge that and even work it into the routine.

Exactly.

While the majority or even all of the member of the troupe are probably gay, they aren't expecting the audience to take them seriously as female, on or off stage. This is high-end panto and they and the audience both know it. The humour keeps the whole thing grounded. Which is precisely what the trans community is lacking. One whiff of mild ribbing and they are in complete, lawsuit-flinging meltdown. Their sense of identity is that fragile. I hope there's a special ring in hell for those who engineered such a crime against children.

Exactly.

While the majority or even all of the member of the troupe are probably gay, they aren't expecting the audience to take them seriously as female, on or off stage. This is high-end panto and they and the audience both know it. The humour keeps the whole thing grounded. Which is precisely what the trans community is lacking. One whiff of mild ribbing and they are in complete, lawsuit-flinging meltdown. Their sense of identity is that fragile. I hope there's a special ring in hell for those who engineered such a crime against children.
Rather than "putting themselves in the shoes" of women to visualize violence against them, I have the impression that it is a way to "visualize" the possible and future outrage of men who dress as women.

Legislators like to make fun of people to their face, it reminded me of the dances of doctors and nurses in the Plandemia.

But hey, it's from Canada, it doesn't surprise me much anymore.

The ridiculousness continues. Apparently, for some university department, the word "field" is racist and should be banned. Beyond the stupid ideology, it's a mental illness.
This youtuber describes how stupid it is: .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq2OfnM2IY0

The ridiculousness continues. Apparently, for some university department, the word "field" is racist and should be banned. Beyond the stupid ideology, it's a mental illness.
This youtuber describes how stupid it is: .https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tq2OfnM2IY0
Lunacy has also hit the software industry. I have seen programmers replace the "black" color with its hexadecimal equivalent (#000000). Using terms such as "whitelist" and "blacklist" is frowned upon. The popular "Master/Slave" pattern is also actively being renamed.
Master/slave is a model of asymmetric communication or control where one device or process (the "master") controls one or more other devices or processes (the "slaves") and serves as their communication hub. In some systems, a master is selected from a group of eligible devices, with the other devices acting in the role of slaves.

The master/slave terminology was first used in 1904. Since the early 21st century, the terms have become a subject of controversy from their association with slavery and some organizations have opted to replace them with alternative terms.
In 2003, after receiving a discrimination complaint from a county employee, the County of Los Angeles in California asked that manufacturers, suppliers and contractors stop using master and slave terminology on products. Following complaints, the County of Los Angeles issued a statement saying that the decision was "nothing more than a request". Media analytics company Global Language Monitor placed the term first in their annual list of politically charged language for 2004. In 2018, after a heated debate, developers of the Python programming language replaced the term. The Black Lives Matter movement in the United States sparked renewed discussion and terminology changes in 2020. Some have argued that the change is superficial and that companies should make real change to support the black community. Google's developer documentation style guide recommends avoiding the term master in software documentation, especially in combination with slave.
Various replacement terms for 'master' or 'slave' have been proposed and implemented. In 2020, GitHub replaced the default 'master' git branch with 'main', although this action was controversial because of the term's etymology—for example, a master copy of an audio recording. Other replacement names include 'default', 'primary', 'controller', 'root', 'initiator', 'leader', 'director'; and for 'slave': 'performer', 'worker', 'peripheral', 'responder', 'device', 'replica', 'satellite', and 'secondary'. Python switched to 'main', 'parent', and 'server'; and 'worker', 'child', and 'helper', depending on context. The Linux kernel has adopted a similar policy to use more specific terms in new code or documentation. Many projects and standards have already used alternative terms since their inception.
Wokies like to assign meanings to things that are completely out of context and enforce their "reasoning" on mankind peoplekind.

Last edited:
I was aware of GitHub's switch from "master branch" to "main branch" but I didn't know the virus spread to so many other areas. I don't use GitHub, just Git locally which still has "master" as a default so far. It's as if there is a negative feedback loop going on. One of the main signs of stupidity is missing the context, not being able to comprehend that a word can have different meanings depending on the context and application. These lunatics reduce the richness of meaning of words and expressions to a single correspondence between signifier and signified, something one would expect from robots, not human beings. With the limiting of the richness of words and expressions being exchanged between people, the general stupidity becomes more prominent, and so forth. It's no wonder some people are still wearing masks in their cars, which is another stupidity making loop...

Wow! I had to watch the video to even understand why they would think that "field" could be racist! :lol::headbash: There are no limits to wokeness.

Lunacy has also hit the software industry. I have seen programmers replace the "black" color with its hexadecimal equivalent (#000000). Using terms such as "whitelist" and "blacklist" is frowned upon. The popular "Master/Slave" pattern is also actively being renamed.

Wokies like to assign meanings to things that are completely out of context and enforce their "reasoning" on mankind peoplekind.
Conjures up a Chris Rock classic.
“Hey man, I’ve got my master’s!”
“Whatchu my master now? “I'm supposed listen to your punk ass? F*** you, n****! F*** you. So what you’ve got a master’s degree? So what you’ve got a m***** master’s degree? Oh, you’re that smarty art n****, huh? You’re that smarty art n****! Let me ask you this, let me ask you this: Can you kick my ass?

Back
Top Bottom