Jim Maars

Azur

The Living Force
I've done a search on the forum here, and haven't found anything.

Does anyone have any information, links, articles, analysis about Jim Maars? Is he for real, or possible COINTELPRO?

Any information is appreciated. Any I find I will post here.

Thanks.

I recently read Jim Marrs book on UFOs, Alien Agenda: Investigating the Extraterrestrial Presence Among Us and found it to be well done even if, toward the end, he spent too much ink on the "aliens may be here to save us" schtick. But, considering the popularity of that idea in the U.S., that's not too surprising. Plus, to his credit, he didn't really buy it.

I've got his book "Crossfire," but haven't had time to read it yet. I've heard that it is the source for the info behind Oliver Stone's movie "JFK" so that suggests it at least goes in the right direction.

So, basically, at this point, I don't get the impression that Jim Marrs is COINTELPRO.

I heard a rumor (the usual someone who knows someone who knows him) that, as far as 911 goes, he was threatened by the PTB and is keeping quiet. Which would lend evidence that he is not COINTELPRO, but not telling all he knows, which is understandable.

Laura said:
So, basically, at this point, I don't get the impression that Jim Marrs is COINTELPRO.

Laura said:
I've got his book "Crossfire," but haven't had time to read it yet. I've heard that it is the source for the info behind Oliver Stone's movie "JFK" so that suggests it at least goes in the right direction.

I've come across the same point that Crossfire was behind the JFK movie, and got the same feeling that since it was ok, he might be ok, too.

Thank you both for the input.

Cheers.

I read his "Rule by Secrecy" about 4 years ago and was impressed by the breadth of what he covers. He starts off with present history, with things like the JFK assassination, the Federal Reserve, and moves his way back through history all the way to the start of the current era. The rosicrucians, templars, freemasons, and all the other usual suspects get some limelight shone on them. A lot of useful information and fascinating little tid bits (like a man in black appearing before the continental congress and convincing them to sign the Declaration of Independence when they were all reluctant to).

At the end is where we might have to part ways. It turns out the guy bases all the ancient history research on Sitchin, i.e. the Annunaki, the 11th planet, etc, etc. When I first read it, it was pretty mind blowing but since visiting this site I've learned that Sitchin may not be the most reliable source of info. Also Marrs ends with a usual Christian Patriot rally call although to his credit its not as over-the-top like the rest of the CP crowd (i.e. Alex Jones and co.)

I've read Rule by Secrecy and the Alien Agenda. As Laura says, he provides a pretty good overview. I'd call his books comprehensive but kind of light-weight. So after reading Alien Agenda, read Laura's book High Strangeness. After Rule By Secrecy, read Ponerology and Controversy of Zion.

As for his 911 research, he'd written a comprehensive book on 911 and the War on Terror, but his publisher backed out on publishing it. He ended up getting the 911 stuff out in "Inside Job", and has published the whole thing, updated, under the title "The Terror Conspiracy", which I have not yet read.

Hmmm, do you remember if Jim mentioned Meyer Lansky at all hkoehli? I swear it was him :cool:

beau said:
Hmmm, do you remember if Jim mentioned Meyer Lansky at all hkoehli? I swear it was him :cool:
I just checked the index and didn't see it in there. I'm pretty sure I first heard about him in Final Judgment (when I read the intro some months back), so I don't know of any other 'popular' sources that talk about him. Mike Piper recommends a recent book called "Supermob" that he described as "disgusting", I believe, because of the depravity of the real mobsters.

OPINMYND81 said:
I read his "Rule by Secrecy" about 4 years ago and was impressed by the breadth of what he covers.
I read "Rule by Secrecy" too and thought it was excellent how he connected the dots going backwards in time. Keep in mind that at the time of his writing Sitchin was the latest news. I also read "Inside Job" that was asking more questions than giving answers and did not consider the Zionist angle. Then again if he has been leaned on, the title says clearly where he is coming from.
I met Jim personally and asked him about why he stops short and is not talking about our Reptilian Overlords. He was very pragmatic and said that if you want to reach a larger group of people you have to stop short of certain things that are just too far out for 99% of the population. So he made a strategic decision to leave it out. However he agreed that the reptilians are the final key.
I bought it. I think he is totally genuine.

Actually Jim Marrs collects many sources without going to the crux of the matter. I've read passages from "Rule by Secrecy" and the impression I've got is that he's writing to make money, as the informations given in the book are no more than a big amount of short and inconclusive chapters about every kind of conspiracy. But I may be wrong with just one book at hand.

I've read a couple of his articles and it's like there's no "salt" or true research at all there, and, in particular, in this book. He may be genuine enough by not talking of anything relevant though ;-)

However, the "Friend of Jim" page in his official website give us some clues...

Hi FW,

Rense, as one out of few instances (or apparently close friends) ;-)

Just in the case, better to remain suspicious here. Your comment "I also read "Inside Job" that was asking more questions than giving answers and did not consider the Zionist angle." just rang a bell.

Anyway, we just need more clues, isn't it? Or it's just that my reading instrument is off?

Dantem said:
Anyway, we just need more clues, isn't it? Or it's just that my reading instrument is off?
With the further I agree, the later I cannot judge.
Dantem said:
(or apparently close friends)
.. 'aparently' sounds a bit like projection as the page is clearly not called CLOSE friends. ...And yes, I read everything concerning Rense on thease pages (and posted some) and agree 100%, however I doubt Maars has. Which reminds me, I shall send him an email and make him aware of it and link the threads.

fifthway said:
.. 'aparently' sounds a bit like projection as the page is clearly not called CLOSE friends. ...And yes, I read everything concerning Rense on thease pages (and posted some) and agree 100%, however I doubt Maars has. Which reminds me, I shall send him an email and make him aware of it and link the threads.
Sounds like you have a bit of a personal investment here, Fifth Way. Why would Mars have Rense listed on his site at all? It doesn't take a genius to see that the Rense site is ripe with disinfo. Also as far as this comment is concerned:

fw said:
With the further I agree, the later I cannot judge.
It sounds a bit abrupt, to say the least. How can you 'not judge' when all dantem is asking is if he is seeing this situation in a way others might be seeing it - or in an objective way. If you agree that we need more clues, then that would indicate that dantem's reading instrument here is not off.

Fwiw - you are coming across as rather defensive and/or aggressive with your responses here - why is that?

Some related info on an appearance by Jim Maars posted in this thread:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=5298

Back
Top Bottom