Is there a meeting up policy?

My goodness gracious! I just got lost in the above thread channeled to here by anart. How to make one think twice. Truly sickening and thought provoking. Will bear in mind.

Just a question to anart, beau, johnno, and others who moderate...have you all met? Do you know Laura, how did you become such so as to moderate, and is that info allready here somewhere?

Anyway I have faith that dudes of that ilk are not the norm here. I am willing to take some risks in meeting up, as the psycho's will find it much much harder to manipulate and abuse and preach face to face.

Anyhow....As it stands the date is set. see you there if you can. Do let me know if you need further directions.

Will post on the outcome of the discussions of the day if of any merit and relevance.

Any response on the "events" topic idea?

anart said:
Deckard the thread that will answer your questions is here - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2343
Thanks, educational topic indeed, and I guess now I should eat my previous statement about 50 posts.

I guess the bigest lesson here is that one should never underestimate the power of psychopatic mind.

On the lighter note this is my offical request to the managment of the forum to introduce that little smiley which is bulging its eyes surprised, let me try the script here maybe it will work :shock:

Deckard said:
On the lighter note this is my offical request to the managment of the forum to introduce that little smiley which is bulging its eyes surprised, let me try the script here maybe it will work :shock:
Well, it didn't work and I agree that we need it. Even after all the craziness we have experienced in human relations, I can still be shocked.

lol , finally now I am going to edit my last post where I said I miss this smiley again

thanks guys :)

Laura said:
We've been tossing around a big meeting with maybe some interesting guests to give some extra talks but we need to think about it some more... Doing workshops takes a lot of time, planning, energy, etc - and our workshop guru got really busy on other things and none of us have the time to coordinate everything. If we decide anything, we'll let you know.
I would be very interested in taking in part in this and would be glad to help with arrangements and planning.

This morning I woke up thinking I would like to meet other forum members or to help with mailing out books or putting bookmarks in books at the local library or something to promote the ideas found here - in my mind was Mouravieff's suggestion that one should find some esoteric work to do. In the last three years or so of reading Laura's work, SoTT and others my ideas of what constitutes 'esoteric work' have completely changed, having been 'hammered' into a new shape, so to speak...

And then I found this thread, too late to meet you all on Sunday 5 Feb.

Appollynon said:
(Im not that far away in Chelmsford, Essex)
I live in South Essex, not so far from you.

Adam

I live in Norfolk, so lets meet in Essex folks: If an essexian knows a good environment to partake in discussion and thoughts over a fine ale, I'll surely be there. (unlike all at the last meet which unfortunately flopped due to poor sustaining of communications)

LET US KNOW!!!

There are some nice woods in Essex which are nice to walk around, like the Crown woods. Theres a pub nearby, too. The advantage to walking around the woods is that its nice to be in nature, its a nice quiet atmosphere, and you can simply walk around and talk to people. For example you could have an ale at the pub, get a ruck sack from your car and walk through the woods to a clearing to have a picnic, and then walk back. Its nice (well I like it anyway). But maybe thats better for large meetings.

I don't drink ale so I couldn't recommend any places that have nice ale :) But there are loads of pubs in Essex which are fine, there are some on the A127 which are in a nice location since its just off the M25 (easy to get to), but I don't really know, I don't visit lots of different pubs.

Russ said:
There are some nice woods in Essex which are nice to walk around, like the Crown woods. Theres a pub nearby, too. The advantage to walking around the woods is that its nice to be in nature, its a nice quiet atmosphere, and you can simply walk around and talk to people. For example you could have an ale at the pub, get a ruck sack from your car and walk through the woods to a clearing to have a picnic, and then walk back. Its nice (well I like it anyway). But maybe thats better for large meetings.
This sounds like a great idea. I will be in London from 7th July to 15th August - so getting out to essex should be ok, although i may be reliant on public transport. If you are thinking about organising something between those dates then i would like try and make it. If not then no problems.

I'd also love to meet up somewhere like Essex or London some afternoon, or whenever.

Met up with a couple of Casschat members in Salisbury 2 or 3 years ago. I had, just a few months before, run across Cassiopaea for the first time, and felt rather out of my depth.

But I have to say it felt like a real turning-point in my life. In fact, I think it *was* a real turning-point in my life! Altogether very exciting and liberating ...

I would like to meet other forum members in or around South Essex. The A127 is quite near where I live. I am very aware, however, that this is an open public forum, and it may be better to make our arrangements in private. Any ideas on how this could be done?

mada85 said:
I would like to meet other forum members in or around South Essex. The A127 is quite near where I live. I am very aware, however, that this is an open public forum, and it may be better to make our arrangements in private. Any ideas on how this could be done?
Initially by email, I think. I'd be very happy to come over to south Essex. :)

Ottershrew said:
Initially by email, I think. I'd be very happy to come over to south Essex. :)
My concern was that anyone can send an email pretending to be from anyone - cyberspace makes complete anonymity possible. But then, I discovered that the email link is only available when one is logged in to SOTT, which puts a very different complexion on the situation.

Ottershrew, if it is OK for me to send you an email via the link on the forum page, please let me know.

Back
Top Bottom