Is there a meeting up policy?

joejoeba

Jedi
I am a uk resident. There are others here. Anyone fancy meeting in a convienient pub to put faces to avatars? Or is that just cringy, time consuming and pointless?I don't know, I mean I'm not talking dates, a cult or anything......just wouldn't it be nice to talk freely over a pint in the country!!

Is this allowed even?? Is it even actually a good idea?

Has it already happened in a seminar form of some sort, kind or shape?

Good idea! Although I'm relatively new around here, I would also like to meet up with forum members in my area - near Rome.

Actually, many qfs group members meet up regularly. Many of them help each other out in times of stress or difficulty. Some have met "significant others" at these meetings. Some of them have even gone into business together. The only thing I would suggest for those outside of the working groups (like QFS), is to take the same care with forum members that we take with admitting QFS members.

Laura said:
The only thing I would suggest for those outside of the working groups (like QFS), is to take the same care with forum members that we take with admitting QFS members.
This is important - not to be negative, because I think the support we give each other in person is invaluable - but don't assume that just because someone posts on the forum, that they are the necessarily the same person as they present themselves to be.

Perhaps a local group get together would be the safest way to go initially - at a pub, or park or whatever - just be vigilant and aware and take it slowly like you would meeting anyone for the first time - and, then - have a blast! =)

I think the fact that people's literary self and physical self being different IS worth bearing in mind!Lol- allthough thats part of the interest also!!
Well in that case I shall cook up/look up a good mutual location for anyone who cares to within the next few months. Any suggestions welcome for a good event....? I do think the pub is a good starting point though. Not that I'm suggesting alcholic reliance, but it's a busy social institution I'm a great fan of!!

I live in Norfolk UK: theres a start. London's not too far......(we all like the country though)

I would love to converse with folks who have something to share, work, art, thoughts etc. (no pressure though-:)))

Suggestions?

Laura........Do you have anything of interest going on in france in 2007? (other than the obvious?)

Great!!

Joe

joejoeba said:
Laura........Do you have anything of interest going on in france in 2007? (other than the obvious?)
We've been tossing around a big meeting with maybe some interesting guests to give some extra talks but we need to think about it some more... Doing workshops takes a lot of time, planning, energy, etc - and our workshop guru got really busy on other things and none of us have the time to coordinate everything. If we decide anything, we'll let you know.

anart said:
This is important - not to be negative, because I think the support we give each other in person is invaluable - but don't assume that just because someone posts on the forum, that they are the necessarily the same person as they present themselves to be.
The thing is, if you can't find genuine people here, then where can you?!? :lol:

Many thanks.

It may well be a worthy suggestion to include an "events" topic for this very thing.......Moderated of course.

Re: a grand meet or smaller; I myself have lead (Le coq rooted) physical theatre based workshops with percussion and clowning and half mask etc. Now my curriculum may not quite tally with the workshops you have in mind! That is not to say I wouldn't be happy to assist in some way if you needed extra hands with organisational interpersonal /event logistics side of things.

(or making tea)

would be a pleasure.

Anyway.

E V E N T S

Afternoon lunch and discussion on Sat 4th of Feb
The Angel pub , off the A11, SNETTERTON Norfolk 12 midday-onwards
(open fire, ales etc) If one is coming far-much appreciated-a fine B&B can be arranged nearby.

joejoeba said:
Is this allowed even?? Is it even actually a good idea?

Has it already happened in a seminar form of some sort, kind or shape?
yeah it happens... occasionally ;-)
usually in a fairly low profile way, to avoid bringing down the wrath of the 'general law' onto our heads!

joejoeba said:
E V E N T S

Afternoon lunch and discussion on Sat 4th of Feb
The Angel pub , off the A11, SNETTERTON Norfolk 12 midday-onwards
(open fire, ales etc) If one is coming far-much appreciated-a fine B&B can be arranged nearby.
I'm guessing you meant either Sat 3rd or Sun 4th? (less traffic on a sunday)

joejoeba, I like your idea. I was thinking of suggesting something similar to this on the anniversary of the Iraq war, as a few friends and I plan to go to the protest march in London to give our support. I think its a good idea, not just for folks here in the UK, I also like Anarts advice about being careful not to rush things.

I'm trying to free up more of my time to get more active in promoting the signs page and the ideas of the QFG, as part of this I'm soon going to be visiting a 9-11Truth Group who meet in central London on occasion and have their own website and forum. I'm doing this to see if the group is genuine and I could network with them or COINTELPRO, and also to see if I can enlarge the network of people I have to communicate with in the UK about "The Work" and spreading the word about the real culprits behind 9-11.

I don't drive, but Im fairly sure I could get there by hook or by crook on the A11 (Im not that far away in Chelmsford, Essex). Its funny you mentioned the A11, as I have worked on the A11 Attleborough bypass for over a year (about 2 years ago), my current employers have been the leading design consultants for the road.

Apollynon-- Are we by any chance referring to those who May Gurney?;) - my cousin laboured on that very stretch!!

I think Anart spoke wisely also. I figure that the setting is not so threatening and there's time for alterations/plans/ embellishments. I think it would be appropriate to prepare some kind of topic for the day--who knows however what will happen between then and now!!
I think the whole thing is an exiting prospect however and could evolve into good pro-active things.

Yes I would prefer the Sunday SleepyVinny; too true about traffic. (apologies for date error!!) Norfolk is a pretty lawless area, should be ok! (mildly kidding)

Let me know if it's a possibility.

I am also totally able to come to London if the work requires. Please stay in touch if you'd appreciate some support and or discussion on any 9-11 truth moots.

anart said:
Laura said:
The only thing I would suggest for those outside of the working groups (like QFS), is to take the same care with forum members that we take with admitting QFS members.

Perhaps a local group get together would be the safest way to go initially - at a pub, or park or whatever - just be vigilant and aware and take it slowly like you would meeting anyone for the first time - and, then - have a blast! =)
This gathering idea seems excellent.

As Laura and Anart emphasized, be however cautious (wise like a serpent and gentle like a dove).

It's not because someone is a (active) member of the SOTT forum that he is a good guy.

Esoquest, for the ones who followed the story, is a good reminder.

Have nice and fruitful meetings.

well IMO after aprox. 50th post you can more or less tell what kind of person you are dealing with.
this is even more true on this kind of forum

This Esoquest keeps coming up, please do tell maybe I'll learn something new

Deckard the thread that will answer your questions is here - http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=2343

Back
Top Bottom