Is Roger Waters becoming the new troll of the radical left?

For a couple of days I've been seeing on Twitter posts attacking Roger Waters because he dressed 'like a nazi' in a concert in Germany, therefore 'glorified nazism', and on top of that dared to compare the death of Anne Frank with that of a journalist in Palestine, so that means RW is a 'rabid jew hater and antisemite'.

I find this new wave of (zionist) hysteria completely disingenious, since it's so easy to look up the artistic history and politics of Roger Waters (in case you were living under a rock and never listened to or watched the movie 'The Wall') and realize that the nazi-like imagery he uses is a critique of fascism/nazism. So these zionist characters on Twitter are either totally ignorant and unwilling to understand, or (more likely) malicious, and the reason they are really upset is that Israel has also been on the receiving end of Roger Waters' criticism, and veyr rightly so I must say.

Here's an example of one such zionist not accepting he's wrong even when proved wrong by the community. At least Twitter had the decency of pointing this out:

Added: Meanwhile, the real nazis in Ukraine get funding... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
For a couple of days I've been seeing on Twitter posts attacking Roger Waters because he dressed 'like a nazi' in a concert in Germany, therefore 'glorified nazism', and on top of that dared to compare the death of Anne Frank with that of a journalist in Palestine, so that means RW is a 'rabid jew hater and antisemite'.

I find this new wave of (zionist) hysteria completely disingenious, since it's so easy to look up the artistic history and politics of Roger Waters (in case you were living under a rock and never listened to or watched the movie 'The Wall') and realize that the nazi-like imagery he uses is a critique of fascism/nazism. So these zionist characters on Twitter are either totally ignorant and unwilling to understand, or (more likely) malicious, and the reason they are really upset is that Israel has also been on the receiving end of Roger Waters' criticism, and veyr rightly so I must say.

Here's an example of one such zionist not accepting he's wrong even when proved wrong by the community. At least Twitter had the decency of pointing this out:

Added: Meanwhile, the real nazis in Ukraine get funding... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I saw that, too. One trait of the ideological possessed is that they have no sense of satire, and also very little sense of humour.

Roger Waters is being investigated by German police after the aforementioned Nazi style costume incident.

It's so obviously a reference to the Wall, and anybody who doesn't understand that can just look it up. But no, they want to cancel the next gig instead.

During the Berlin performance, the names of several deceased people also appeared on a large screen.
The names included Anne Frank, the Jewish teenager who died in a Nazi concentration camp during World War Two.
Israel's foreign ministry later criticised the musician on social media.
"Good morning to everyone but Roger Waters who spent the evening in Berlin (Yes Berlin) desecrating the memory of Anne Frank and the 6 million Jews murdered in the Holocaust," it tweeted.
In a tweet on Friday, Waters wrote: "The elements of my performance that have been questioned are quite clearly a statement in opposition to fascism, injustice, and bigotry in all its forms... The depiction of an unhinged fascist demagogue has been a feature of my shows since Pink Floyd's The Wall in 1980."

In recent weeks, the musician has been travelling to cities around Germany as part of his This Is Not A Drill tour.
However the performances have been controversial. Munich and Cologne tried to cancel shows after Jewish organisations such as the Central Council of Jews accused him of antisemitism.
Waters denies the accusations, and in a Facebook post this week he thanked those who had attended his shows in Germany.
"The fact that some in power in Germany and some at the behest of the Israeli lobby have attacked me, wrongly accusing me of being an antisemite, and have tried to cancel my shows saddens me," Waters said.
"Walking around Munich yesterday afternoon, I couldn't shake off the feeling that I was in the presence of Big Brother. It leaves a bad taste."
Waters is still scheduled to play his final concert in Germany on Sunday evening in Frankfurt. Demonstrations are planned outside the venue, however, after a legal attempt by the city to stop the performance failed.

It makes me wonder who is planning such demonstrations. Only a truly gullible idiot would be manipulated into this kind of thing. Cynically manipulated into opposing something, or genuinely offended by something which they don't understand? Either way, the irony is lost on such people and it's utterly depressing.

Back
Top Bottom