If you still have lingering doubts about media control, watch this

bngenoh

The Living Force
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Pl7sWtUu1Fc

Its so blatant, its hilarious. :lol: "wheels coming off" indeed

I dunno, maybe that sentence was a hypnotic trigger that required it broadcasted on every news network.

Top comment from the youtube clip.

"This is an example of on-air journalists reading verbatim from a PR supplied press release. Basically, they're simply being lazy.

That release could have come from Conan's network, the network's holding company, from his production company, or from O'Brien himself. It's not as insidious as it seems."

Metro said:
"This is an example of on-air journalists reading verbatim from a PR supplied press release. Basically, they're simply being lazy.

That release could have come from Conan's network, the network's holding company, from his production company, or from O'Brien himself. It's not as insidious as it seems."
Well yes and no Metro, considering this. From the article:
https://www.sott.net/articles/show/240073-Who-Owns-The-Media-The-6-Monolithic-Corporations-That-Control-Almost-Everything-We-Watch-Hear-And-Read said:
Back in 1983, approximately 50 corporations controlled the vast majority of all news media in the United States. Today, ownership of the news media has been concentrated in the hands of just six incredibly powerful media corporations. These corporate behemoths control most of what we watch, hear and read every single day. They own television networks, cable channels, movie studios, newspapers, magazines, publishing houses, music labels and even many of our favorite websites.
If such idiotic content as that can be repeated ad nauseum by their subsidiaries, imagine what they can do on issues that do matter. Oh wait, you don't have to imagine, just compare the news from sott to the vomit of any mainstream media outlet like CNN. One turns your brain into tapioca, another gives you the tools whereby you can choose what to do with your brain.

Metro said:
Top comment from the youtube clip.

When every single major news network in the US repeated the 'Saddam has WMD's" story, ad nauseum, from whose press release were they reading?

Not to forget Canadian PM Steven Harper and the PM of Australia's strikingly similar "War on Terror" speeches to their respective parliaments.
;) ;) ;) ;)

bngenoh said:
Well yes and no Metro, considering this. From the article:

https://www.sott.net/articles/show/240073-Who-Owns-The-Media-The-6-Monolithic-Corporations-That-Control-Almost-Everything-We-Watch-Hear-And-Read]

Thank you for this link, bngenoh! It is an article I did not see. Some articles I am not aware.

One of the best decisions I made in my life is cut drastically TV. We don't see TV at home sine 2 years. And I am very happy for that. Spanish TV is absolutely bad. And radio too. I was tired of listening parrots on TV. In fact, worst than parrots, because parrots are intelligent.

Edit=Quote

Ditto for Canadian tv, Loreta. Every year I housesit for my affluent brother while he and his wife spend a month or more in some tropical resort.
So I get to watch his cable tv. Which is a good reminder why I don't have cable. In fact, it seems to get worse every year.
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

:cool2: :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Redrock12 said:
Not to forget Canadian PM Steven Harper and the PM of Australia's strikingly similar "War on Terror" speeches to their respective parliaments.
;) ;) ;) ;)
"I" remember that one Redrock, maybe we can compile the many instances of blatant control, whether in media, politics, etc. If that is the case, then this thread should read, "If you still have any lingering doubts about the control system."

Yup, certain catchphrases, or memes seem to get handed down to the "troops" from a central command center. A very recent example may be the phrase "war on women", which was all over MSNBC, PBS and CNN yesterday. It refers to Republicans' treatment of women, which may have some validity, but it's amazing how people in the media repeat these phrases so mindlessly and mechanically on command. :shock:

bngenoh said:

Not saying this is wrong, not at all, but consider who's giving you this information.

herrnimrod said:
bngenoh said:

Not saying this is wrong, not at all, but consider who's giving you this information.
Oh, yes indeed herrnimrod.

It was just a funny way to demonstrate what a lot of people already know, namely that the mainstream media is wholly controlled, they did all the work for a specific reason which was their own, but that doesn't mean that we cannot derive a lesson from it, ie reply #6 & 7.

Back
Top Bottom