I think I have the flu, diet advice please

realitybugll said:
Laura you urged me to
laura said:
Take 1 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate in a big glass of warm water every two hours for 3 doses.

ellipse you also support this logic because you said...
ellipse said:
You absolutely need to balance your diet in favor of alkalinity

Now I am wondering, wouldn't taking all this ascorbic acid make my body very acidic... and do the opposite of the baking soda.
:huh:

Acid can provoke alkaline reaction in the body.

For my part, to be clear, the word bicarbonate is referring to "Sodium bicarbonate" (CHNaO3). Sodium bicarbonate is a powerful alkalizer but his effect is short. In my opinion you have to take small quantities but often to have a balanced distribution of the effect. A teaspoon is a perhaps a hight dose but certainly depends of your weight.

About vitamin C, you can eat oranges and citrus. Acid fruits but alkaline reactions.

I want to add, do not drink alcohol and do not eat fried foods ! Eat lettuce, carrots and celery.

How are you doing today ?

Hi, ellipse

I'm feeling much better this morning. No fever, and not many aches/pains.

ellipse said:
Acid can provoke alkaline reaction in the body.

For my part, to be clear, the word bicarbonate is referring to "Sodium bicarbonate" (CHNaO3). Sodium bicarbonate is a powerful alkalizer but his effect is short. In my opinion you have to take small quantities but often to have a balanced distribution of the effect. A teaspoon is a perhaps a hight dose but certainly depends of your weight.

About vitamin C, you can eat oranges and citrus. Acid fruits but alkaline reactions.
I do not think I'm clear on some of the concepts concerning alkalinity and acids etc.

I have been prompted to do a bit more research into diet. I'm looking at a lot of the threads about diet. I agree with Laura here...
Laura said:
Finding one's way through the morass of dietary confusion is tricky. There are agendas on every side.

thanks for the advice everyone.

I'm feeling much better this morning. No fever, and not many aches/pains.
Nice :)

Finding one's way through the morass of dietary confusion is tricky. There are agendas on every side.
Yes, this is why what I said you is coming from Edgard Cayce readings.
He always insist on the alkaline/acid balance of the blood stream. To summarize, he advice "more vegetables than meat" and balance between "vegetable grow above ground and underground" (rough summarize, if I have time I will search a good one).

Back
Top Bottom