Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT): General information and discussion of Home Units

If you have the option to, try holding your nose shut, keeping the mouth closed and blow as hard as you can until you feel your ears relieve the pressure. You are equalizing the internal pressure with the external increasing pressure by doing this. Your ears won’t hurt. As you start to feel the pressure rise and sound start to fade, keep doing it until the chamber is fully pressurized. Yawn and swallow when depressurizing.

This is the same method used when diving. I hope it helps. That ear pressure can be very painful.

In addition to the bus incident. I have just finished 3 sessions and one thing that I have greatly noticed as well is my wife’s negative emotions are not affecting me as much as they usually do when she wants to rile me up. So much that it is noticeable. In fact I feel happier. Is it a placebo affect? I have no idea… 🤪
Thanks @Steph_rivers ! I'll try it out. And about the negativity, yes I noticed that too and it's been more than a day since and still feel like my mind is more "grounded" and does not fall so easily in the negative emotions/loops, but it is easier to feel the positive ones. Maybe it's the chamber or just us? 🤷‍♀️

Thanks for sharing this information. Are you also running the air purifier during the session? What is the difference you noticed by using an air purifier?
Pierre, do you think that it is necessary to include the air cooler from Macy-Pan? when you just received it you were hesitant if it was needed, but now it seems like you need an air purifier as well. I thought that the air would be dry but it sounds like it gets both humid and warmer in the chamber.

Sales person said that because I live in northern Europe I might not need the air cooler, maybe that is true during this summer but the rest of the year….

Pierre, do you think that it is necessary to include the air cooler from Macy-Pan? when you just received it you were hesitant if it was needed, but now it seems like you need an air purifier as well. I thought that the air would be dry but it sounds like it gets both humid and warmer in the chamber.

Sales person said that because I live in northern Europe I might not need the air cooler, maybe that is true during this summer but the rest of the year….

I would definitely get the air cooler.

I don't think this paper was added this thread yet, please forgive me if it had.

Abstract: Studies regarding hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) on angiogenesis demonstrate an increased rate of blood vessel formation. As such, HBOT is a potent, though underutilized therapeutic tool capable of augmenting conventional treatment for problematic wounds and grafts. With the hopes of increasing utilization and understanding, this article will review the mechanisms of angiogenesis and how HBOT enhances them before presenting indications that utilize HBOT’s ability to accelerate angiogenesis.

It's great to hear of so many positive results from the HBOT therapy.

I had one session a few weeks ago in a private home address. I felt really good afterward. The nest day I came for my second session and about 20 minutes in the oxygen mask stopped working. The lady couldn't figure out what was wrong. We tried again but the same thing happened.

It occurred to me that fifty bucks for one hour was a bit too much for my pension pocket, for one, and she didn't really seem very knowledgable about the equipment.

The only way I can buy one is to take out a loan and I'm not keen on that. Hopefully I'll figure something out soon.

It's great to hear of so many positive results from the HBOT therapy.

I had one session a few weeks ago in a private home address. I felt really good afterward. The nest day I came for my second session and about 20 minutes in the oxygen mask stopped working. The lady couldn't figure out what was wrong. We tried again but the same thing happened.

It occurred to me that fifty bucks for one hour was a bit too much for my pension pocket, for one, and she didn't really seem very knowledgable about the equipment.

The only way I can buy one is to take out a loan and I'm not keen on that. Hopefully I'll figure something out soon.

Not sure the kind of mask you were using, but if a standard cannula, and assuming it has been properly connected and oxygen concentrator working well, you could try:

1) Tightening the straps and making and making 2 knots in the front so it doesn’t slide back

2) To create a good seal you can try lining the edge of the mask with lip balm, this works well for me even with a beard.

Not sure the kind of mask you were using, but if a standard cannula, and assuming it has been properly connected and oxygen concentrator working well, you could try:

1) Tightening the straps and making and making 2 knots in the front so it doesn’t slide back

2) To create a good seal you can try lining the edge of the mask with lip balm, this works well for me even with a beard.
There was actually no oxygen through the tubing or the valve it was connected to.

About 7 months ago I was dying. Hemiplegia, loss of memory, loss of speech, sleeping 18 hours/day to name a few symptoms. The grade 4 brain tumors were inoperable and they were growing at an alarming rate causing bleeding and massive edema.

Then I started chemotherapy which shows only 15% success rate (stabilization) and did also SRT sessions. In my case the chemo and/or the SRT was successful and the tumors unexpectedly stopped growing.

The doctors stopped the chemo treatment in May after the 5th session because the side effects were too nasty esp. the destruction of nerves endings. around the same time we got the HBOT, which I coupled with ketogenic diet.

Yesterday, I got the interpretation of the latest MRI after 3 months free of chemo. Lo and behold, the images show a slight reduction or a stabilization (depending on the interpretation) of the tumors!

I've done about 50 HBOT sessions since May and I've been steadily gaining back motricity, speech, memory, cognitive function. I've even resumed writing my latest book!

Yesterday, I got the interpretation of the latest MRI after 3 months free of chemo. Lo and behold, the images show a slight reduction or a stabilization (depending on the interpretation) of the tumors!

I've done about 50 HBOT sessions since May and I've been steadily gaining back motricity, speech, memory, cognitive function. I've even resumed writing my latest book!
Looks like you weren’t going down without a fight.
Glad to see you’ll be sticking around 3rd density with us for a while. :cool2:
Can you keep us updated on your future progress? That’s amazing.

Back
Top Bottom