HOW TO POST IMAGES?

Re: Uploading Images

Take a look here:

Pashalis said:
to insert a picture I do it this way :

step 1: search for the picture you want to insert for axample on google pictures then copy this picture (right maus click then copy)

step 2: save the picture on your desktop (right maus click then insert)

step 3: go to this website http://tinypic.com/

step 4: click browse ("durchsuchen") on that website. then search there fore your picture that you have saved on your desktop.
when you have found it then click on open ("öffnen")

step 5: then click on "Upload Now"

step 6: enter the code that appears in to the field and click "upload now"

step 7: a side appears ("Share This Image"). then copy the link under "Direct Link for Layouts"

step 8 : go to the forum and insert the link you have just copied into the message board

step 9: mark the whole link. then go to the icons above and click on the left Icon under the "B" called "Insert Image"
your picture will now appear when you have posted your message.

notice it could be that after step 6 step 7 does not appear. the cause could be that you typed in the wrong code on point 6.
or it could be that you have to change the "Resize" after point 4 before going to step 5 .

Insert a quote:

mark the part of your message that you like to quote and click on the Icon above called "Insert Quote".
this part of the message will appear as a Quote after you posted it.

add an avatar:

step 1: do the steps 1 and 2 from above

step 2: go to the forum and click on "Profil" on the top

step 3: then click on "Modify Profil" wich appears on the top of the new side after step 2. then click on "Forum Profil".

step 4: click on the left on "Upload an avatar". then click browse ("durchsuchen") and search for your picture
that you have saved on your desktop.

step 5: click "Change profil". now you have an avatar picture

Edit: spelling

Re: Uploading Images

Hi luke wilson,

Above the reply box there are two rows of icons.

When you click the first icon of the second row you receive this:

[ img][ /img] (no spaces or bold in original!!) with your cursor blinking in between the middle square brackets.

That's the location where you put the URL of the image you want to see displayed into your post, like this (again, without the spaces, underscore or bold!!):

[ img] _http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/La_Granja_de_San_Ildefonso_Sfinx01.jpg/320px-La_Granja_de_San_Ildefonso_Sfinx01.jpg [ /img]

which results into this image display when submitted without the spaces and underscore:

320px-La_Granja_de_San_Ildefonso_Sfinx01.jpg

The same procedure applies for insert hyperlink, insert E-mail and insert video.

Notice that this procedure only works with valid URL's, so an image (or whatever) already stored in any of your own computer files has to be uploaded to a file sharing site first before it can be displayed directly in a post of yours here.

Hope this helps a bit. :)

I see Pashalis beat me to it, but never mind... :cool2:

EDITED to add:

An alternative way, especially for images already stored on your own computer, would be to use the file attachment option displayed underneath the reply box, which allows you to browse your own native files and upload them instantly as an attachment -- within the upload limits of file size and file type, of course.

This would be the result of that procedure (NB. you have to be logged in to be able to see it):

Attachments

• 242b5fd56ebaac1d0d4147562ec51e4b.jpg
    242b5fd56ebaac1d0d4147562ec51e4b.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 110
Attaching Pictures

I tried searching before starting this thread, so if this info is out there and I missed it, I'm sorry.

I'm trying to add attachments (jpeg pictures) to one of my threads. When I do and hit the preview button, an error message pops up saying I cannot upload more than 10 pictures at a time. I'm only uploading 6. (Then tried just doing 2, and same message popped up)

Anyone know what might be going on?

We're having connection problems but I don't know if that's something that would affect this process.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Attaching Pictures

Could it be related to the size of the files? "maximum total size 102400KB, maximum individual size 10240KB"
You can compress them and retry, or post in two sucessive posts.

It might pay off to look carefully at the pop-up window: whether it's a forum related pop-up or one that's related to your browser, or to your provider even.

In each of these possibilities, the cause of the failure to upload might be different.

For the forum, it might be the size or the file-type.

For the browser, it might be its settings.

For your provider, it may be bandwidth related restrictions.

Have you ever tried in the past to upload something else without encountering these problems ?

EDIT: minor grammar

Thank you for your replies mkrnhr and Palinurus.

It wasn't the size of the files (they were small enough) and the popup I received was from the forum.

I've never uploaded any files to the forum before, but have had trouble uploading elsewhere. It's typically because of our internet connection.

I'm not sure what I did that corrected the problem, but 4 of the 6 pics are now up. The only problem now is that several of them are upside down! They weren't when I uploaded. Sorry for the noise but I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm no techie.

EDIT: If someone can explain to me how to edit the pics, I will. Either that, or I will just pull them down until I know what I'm doing. The last 3 are also in the incorrect position.

Alas, I've never encountered that specific problem before. Therefore, I cannot help you with this unexpected upside-down outcome of your uploads. My apologies.

Thanks Palinurus.

Well, there's the thread. Thanks to a mod/admin for merging my post.
I'll refrain from posting anything else until I figure out the correct way of doing it.

BrightLight11 said:
Thanks Palinurus.

Well, there's the thread. Thanks to a mod/admin for merging my post.
I'll refrain from posting anything else until I figure out the correct way of doing it.

A workaround is to upload the pics to a photo hosting site and then paste the image url and use the forum's image tag (described above). This method can be helpful because it saves on bandwidth for the forum too. The downside is that the hosting site's url can expire after a year or so.

Renaissance said:
A workaround is to upload the pics to a photo hosting site and then paste the image url and use the forum's image tag (described above). This method can be helpful because it saves on bandwidth for the forum too. The downside is that the hosting site's url can expire after a year or so.

Yep. I use this one for mine - http://postimage.org/ - it works well.

Back
Top Bottom