Henry Makow on Ponerology

Laura said:
Thanks for your confidence in our good faith efforts, Arwenn, but I do think that Jonspock was sincerely nonplussed. Yes, I saw the critical correction and paramoralistic things in his remarks, but I also remembered the days when I would have felt/thought the same. And, as I've written a few posts back, we all ought to remember that. Plus, he was entirely correct in pointing out how the casual guest reader might see the matter. It took me years to untangle myself from the "egotism of the natural world view" and habits of "critical correction". Yeah, maybe I'm critically correcting even now a bit, but I do like to give the benefit of the doubt.

Yeah, the paramoralisms tripped me up. I can see what you mean about a guest reader when I scroll through this whole thread from the start. Thank you for your thoughts on this, Laura.

Redrock12 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he an English professor at the University of Winnipeg? And isn't Bob Altemeyer a professor at the University of Manitoba? They both must live in the city of Winnipeg. So I would assume that he must have some awareness of Bob's studies in Authoritarianism. And Makow has a Phd in English from the University of Toronto, so he's certainly not stupid and he must know how to do objective research.
Think there might be a case made for him being a paid misinformation agent?
Anyone engaged in serious research will tell you that this Illuminati-is-going-to-take-over-the-world nonsense failed the smell test looong ago. :rolleyes:

This has been an interesting thread as I once considered one of Makow's views in an article I was mocking up (the view was on a separate issue to those mentioned here). Clearly, immediately it was noticed that he was messing around in the realm of secrete societies (SS), along with his tell tail signature of homophobia; I had not seen his PP review, which indeed he does not get as it interferes with his SS positions.

It is interesting that UofW, as Redrock12 pointed out, is his place of work alongside Altemeyer (maybe they don't interact). I recalled in Bob's work that he states (written some time ago - at least in the audio version) that he was opposed to the war in Iraq from the onset, yet was a proponent of the war in Afghanistan, which struck me as off, too. Yet I've supported many things in life in error until understanding something more of what was going on - it is embarrassing. So I understand why Bob might have said this, yet still, that's not a very critical way of looking at Afghanistan knowing the history, knowing the meddling that was going on by the CIA et al., especially on the back of Iraq's slaughter.

Thanks for bringing this Markow person out in this thread.

Back
Top Bottom