Hemp.

Lauranimal said:
Distinction needs to be made between hemp seed oil and hemp oil, being the latter the most powerful.

Hemp oil is pressed from hemp seeds.

Some people call flax seed oil .... flax oil. Same thing. Flax oil is pressed from flax seeds.

Hope that helps.

With all due respects, wrong!

Hemp oil is extracted directly from the buds of the plant and its concentration on THC is optimal, rendering the highest benefits.
Hemp seed oil is oil extracted from the seeds of the plant which is a different thing altogether.
My post refered especifically to that confusion, hemp seed oil is more commonly found and many people commonly AND mistakenly refer to it as hemp oil.

R

eliansito said:

Hemp oil is extracted directly from the buds of the plant and its concentration on THC is optimal, rendering the highest benefits.

By benefits, since you're talking about THC, do you mean 'getting high'? If so, please read the forum guidelines to understand that discussing or promoting drug use on this forum is strictly prohibited.

I'm only asking to make certain - on the off chance that you mean something else. If not, your post will be deleted.

Quote from: Lauranimal on November 06, 2009, 08:51:43 PM
Distinction needs to be made between hemp seed oil and hemp oil, being the latter the most powerful.

Hemp oil is pressed from hemp seeds.

Some people call flax seed oil .... flax oil. Same thing. Flax oil is pressed from flax seeds.

Hope that helps

Hemp seed oil is oil extracted from the seeds of the plant which is a different thing altogether.
My post refered especifically to that confusion, hemp seed oil is more commonly found and many people commonly AND mistakenly refer to it as hemp oil.

R

The initial post of this thread was referring specifically to essencial fatty acids:

quote from Jesse:
"Since Laura and others have found that essential fatty acids are a great source of nutrition and that Fish Oil is suggested as the best source for omega's, What about Hemp? (Oil, Seeds, Powder) I have been led down the road and explained why Hemp is at the top of the pyramid when it comes to essential fatty acids and that it has the most optimal ratio of omega 6 to omega 3's. Can anyone help me figure out what is best or at least to give me a fair comparison between hemp oils and fish oils?"

Oils can be expressed from the bud of any plant. But when someone speaks of flax oil for instance, they are not referring to oil expressed from the bud of the plant.

THC has nothing to do with essential fatty acids so, no .... in this case... I do not think a distinction needs to be made between the oil from the seed and the oil from the bud. The oil from the bud is not legal, available nor relevant to the discussion of EFA's.

Many people ask me in my work .... "is flax oil the same thing as flax-seed oil?" , so I assumed that you were referring to the same type of distinction.

Yes, most people commonly refer to hemp-seed oil, as hemp oil. That is not incorrect. You may run / have run in circles where the common vernacular about hemp oil obviously refers to oil from the buds ... but I can assure you, that is not common.

In addition, you may want to look at the wording from your post.

There is no respect in this. Another way you might have considered wording this with external consideration in mind:

"In my opinion, there is another perspective to see hemp oil from...."
or
"In my experience, hemp oil has been referred to in this way; ..."

or any number of other ways to state your opinion without having to try to make someone else "wrong", so that you can be "right".

In addition, if the oil from the bud has nutritional qualities and EFA's that have a positive effect on health .... please be willing to state what they are, and show evidence or at least something that might back up your assertion of this as an objective fact as apposed to wishful thinking or subjective opinion.

Hi Eliansito, in an attempt to quote and reply to your post, I accidentally deleted it.

Here it is, in its entirety with my responses:

eliansito said:
Lauranimal:

My apologies for the wording, it was not intended to say that you were wrong and I was right but that in my opinion to generally and commonly referring to hemp seed oil as hemp oil is, from a semantic point of view not correct, since there is hemp oil, a different thing. I will choose my wording more carefully and respectfully next time.

At this point I cannot offer reference of hemp oil related to the topic at hand, EFA, so I will accept my post to be off topic.

Considering what you wrote, in context of the thread, you were mistaken, so it's good that you 'accept' your post to be off topic.

el said:
About nutritional or beneficial qualities of hemp oil here is a link [link removed by moderator due to forum guidelines]

Anart:

I was not discusing let alone promoting the use of illegal drugs, nor referring to THC for the purposes of getting high or recreational use. I was referring to it from the medicinal point of view, from the point of view that marihuana and THC were a medicine before they were turn into a drug.

Actually, this is untrue, as you were discussing and promoting illegal drugs. Medicinal marijuana use is not universally legal. Promoting the use of THC is directly against forum guidelines.

el said:
In this line I would take the chance to reflect on something:

I was shocked [and delighted] to learn in this site that nicotine had actually beneficial properties. The process of satanization of smoking has already started and one day it could be illegal. Would then the forum guidelines be revised or will any reference to nicotine vanish? Legality vs. lawfulness.

This is legalistic thinking and inapplicable in this case. The fact of the matter is that this forum has guidelines for a purpose and one either chooses to abide by them and participate here, or they choose to not abide by them and they are removed.

Your attempt to blur the issue by comparing it to nicotine indicates that you are either unwilling or incapable of abiding by forum guidelines.

el said:
For obvious reasons the forum guidelines are what they are.

Considering your previous statements, I'm quite curious about what you mean by 'for obvious reasons' since they seem to be anything but obvious to you.

eliansito said:
I would also like to kindly request a clarification on the criteria by which references to THC and medicinal use of marihuana are moderated, because I can't help to notice a lack of consistency, overzeal at times looseness at others. Would it be useful to add a section where the use of illegal substances for purposes other than recreational could be debated?

Apologies, but in context, I see nothing kindly about this request. There is no reason to 'debate' anything - forum guidelines are instituted for a reason - for the legal protection of this forum and to prevent people searching for drugs and drug use on internet search engines to find and think this forum promotes such practices. There are thousands of forums for you to discuss your THC use - please - go to those forums and spend all the time you'd like to spend doing so.

eliansito said:
http://www.cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1675.0

Quote from: anart on February 09, 2006, 06:22:00 PM
and THC? Not that I would ever do anything illegal, of course, but, uhhm, a friend of mine would like to know. Yeah, a freaky friend of mine. ~looks around to make sure no one is watching~

This post was made almost four years ago and was a joke. If you had to search this forum so thoroughly to find a reference you could use in your 'debate' and came up with a four year old post that was a joke - then - perhaps - you have learned something?

e said:
Quote from: Heimdallr on June 08, 2006, 11:44:00 AM
Quote from: EsoQuest
It pays to know oneself before trying the stuff (same with drinking, or anything for that matter).
Like my grandmum always told me, everything is good for you... in moderation Cool

See above.

eliansito said:
Quote from: birdman on February 16, 2006, 12:29:03 PM
thc, in my experience, moves fine energies to the intellectual and instinctive centres and away from the emotional and moving centres. effect on the creative impulse was neutral.

upsides - perceptions were more vivid. thinking used more of available knowledge base and was more discerning. downsides - emotions and movement were most likely to be experienced intellectually and instinctively. true emotional drive was dampened, i tended to recede into my mind, interaction with outer world was reduced.

for me, the substance was useful for putting together the pieces, so to speak, and for conceiving of what would be appropriate to do, but was ultimately unproductive in that it lead to no real doing, and in certain ways, prevented it.

there is a tendency among those who wish to see differently to dabble, and i cannot recommend one way or the other as it is a personal choice. although i know the positive effects are attainable without chemical assistance. whats more, in light of the mouravieff material, depriving the emotional centre of its proper energy would seem to have serious negative consequences in terms of esoteric development.

this is my experience, for your perusal. and, as always, its subject and open to change.

Again, almost four years ago and that person was removed from this forum.

Is this clarifying your 'confusion'??

eliansito said:
My apologies again for the wording and lack of respect and for going off topic.

R

I would really like to think that your apology is sincere, but considering the content of this post, that is very difficult to believe.

Eliansito, if you need to discuss your THC use - go to another forum. If this is a problem for you, then please understand that this forum might not be for you.

'accept' - Is respect due to me too? was that necessary or helpful?

'I would really like to think that your apology is sincere, but considering the content of this post, that is very difficult to believe.'
Doubting someones sincerety does not seem respectful neither, I apologized for not wording my communication carefully and for going off topic.

'Your attempt to blur the issue by comparing it to nicotine indicates that you are either unwilling or incapable of abiding by forum guidelines.' I am capable and willing.

'if you need to discuss your THC use - go to another forum.'
'There are thousands of forums for you to discuss your THC use - please - go to those forums and spend all the time you'd like to spend doing so.'

is not very respectful to imply that I use THC in such a way, 2 times.

Understood about the forum guidelines regarding the disscusion and/or promotion of illegal substances, there will not be anymore such references from me and will try to stay on topic too.

R

eliansito said:
'accept' - Is respect due to me too? was that necessary or helpful?

Doubting someones sincerety does not seem respectful neither, I apologized for not wording my communication carefully and for going off topic.

eliansito, we are held responsible for what we write here. If you violate forum guidelines and then write with such a negative, contrary and challenging attitude about doing so, you will be treated the same way you behave.

It's very simple. We are 'treated with respect', as you put it, when we act with respect.

Please read and understand the forum guidelines - they are very straightforward.

eliansito said:
I am capable and willing.

That's good to know.

eliansito said:
'if you need to discuss your THC use - go to another forum.'
'There are thousands of forums for you to discuss your THC use - please - go to those forums and spend all the time you'd like to spend doing so.'

is not very respectful to imply that I use THC in such a way, 2 times.

This statement is a paramoralism and manipulation. You statements, alone, are what resulted in my post.

e said:
Understood about the forum guidelines regarding the disscusion and/or promotion of illegal substances, there will not be anymore such references from me and will try to stay on topic too.

I hope that is the case.

Back
Top Bottom