Grounding

I second this. Acupuncture as well has a phenomenal grounding effect. I have been practicing reflexology on the face and scalp and it works just as well as feet imo.

I'm starting feel in this conversation like we're starting to group separate phenomena under the same label as "grounding." And words often have multiple meanings, but I think it's important that we are aware of that.

So far I see three meanings:
1. physical, electrical grounding of a body to the earth
2. feeling more physically embodied, with heightened kinesthetic, interoceptive, and proprioceptive perception to literally feel the earth beneath our feet more and our own bodies as well.
3. having thoughts and feelings that are more engaged with the present moment and immediate surroundings

I can see visualizations playing a role in meanings 2 and 3, but I have trouble seeing how they can also do 1 as well, since that seems much more nuts-and-bolts.

I'm starting feel in this conversation like we're starting to group separate phenomena under the same label as "grounding." And words often have multiple meanings, but I think it's important that we are aware of that.

2. feeling more physically embodied, with heightened kinesthetic, interoceptive, and proprioceptive perception to literally feel the earth beneath our feet more and our own bodies as well.
3. having thoughts and feelings that are more engaged with the present moment and immediate surroundings

I can see visualizations playing a role in meanings 2 and 3, but I have trouble seeing how they can also do 1 as well, since that seems much more nuts-and-bolts.

I could be wrong here but it seems to me like 2 and 3 can be symptoms of a good 1(plus some self work). If you are properly grounded then you eliminate any build up charge in your body, which leads to your electrical systems working better. Proper functioning systems can lead to feeling more of 2 and 3. 2 and 3 can be attained through other means and are a bit more complicated but I do think grounding helps in those departments. I don't think grounding needs to be physical either per se, just have a path(to earth) to discharge any built up of charge in the body. The path can be magnetic(electricity and magnetism have a dual nature) which can be achieved through visualization or sensational grounding. I'm not sure of the scientific details but I've experimented with both types of grounding and they both seem to work since we're not physical to begin with.

Earthing and grounding are different but can perform similar tasks...the electrical grounding of stored currents.

As I comprehend it, Earthing is getting your bare feet on the ground, soil, grass, sand etc....and grounding is a method by other means, mat, sheets, pillow cases...etc...

Earthing is far superior if you have the choice but grounding is better than nothing (used sparingly).

I could be wrong here but it seems to me like 2 and 3 can be symptoms of a good 1(plus some self work). If you are properly grounded then you eliminate any build up charge in your body, which leads to your electrical systems working better. Proper functioning systems can lead to feeling more of 2 and 3. 2 and 3 can be attained through other means and are a bit more complicated but I do think grounding helps in those departments. I don't think grounding needs to be physical either per se, just have a path(to earth) to discharge any built up of charge in the body. The path can be magnetic(electricity and magnetism have a dual nature) which can be achieved through visualization or sensational grounding. I'm not sure of the scientific details but I've experimented with both types of grounding and they both seem to work since we're not physical to begin with.

Let's define visualizations of grounding as 4. 4 can help cause 2 and 3, and 1 can help cause 2 and 3. But can 4 cause 1, as in facilitate an actual flow of electrons out of your body into a ground, through intent? Can 4 cause 1 while skydiving, or on a space walk?

Earthing and grounding are different but can perform similar tasks...the electrical grounding of stored currents.

As I comprehend it, Earthing is getting your bare feet on the ground, soil, grass, sand etc....and grounding is a method by other means, mat, sheets, pillow cases...etc...

Earthing is far superior if you have the choice but grounding is better than nothing (used sparingly).

I'm using the term grounding from electrical physics. It sounds like earthing is direct grounding (feet to earth), while how you defined grounding seems more like indirect grounding. Being out in nature is supposed to come with a number of benefits, so it makes sense that people report better results getting their feet on the ground.

I second this. Acupuncture as well has a phenomenal grounding effect. I have been practicing reflexology on the face and scalp and it works just as well as feet imo.
From my understanding of TCM I would say that acupuncture has an effect to disperse and redistribute stagnant Chi or life force, or body energy if you like.

I have been using earthing sheet on my bed for several months, I cannot say I noticed any difference at least when it comes to quality of sleep since I dont suffer from any significant symptoms or medical condition.

Let's define visualizations of grounding as 4. 4 can help cause 2 and 3, and 1 can help cause 2 and 3. But can 4 cause 1, as in facilitate an actual flow of electrons out of your body into a ground, through intent? Can 4 cause 1 while skydiving, or on a space walk?

I wouldn't say it can be done through intent alone, since you can't do something if you don't have the knowledge. Intent seems to be an aim or alignment with an outcome or an action, which require you to know how to get there or do(though you can always intent to learn I guess).

It can be done but it's more like sensational grounding mixed with visualization/imagination, and yes it can be done while skydiving or space walking(theoretically?). I wrote an example of this type of grounding on the first page using gravity since it's easy for us to feel the pull of gravity, but with enough practice anyone can ground anywhere using sensations and imagination. And example would be to learn how it feels to be grounded when you step on the earth, and then mimic that feeling with some visualizations and you're field will follow suit. Or just imagine growing a tree root out of your tailbone and use that as to feel yourself connect to the center of the earth. I may even go as far as saying that you can get a deeper ground through sensations/imagination than earthing, but not sure whether the difference really matters. The biggest benefit is that it's quick, convenient, and you'll develop a sense of your biofield and such.

4. Drop your emotional energy low to the ground, and feel the slow, dense resonance of the force field of the earth. Sense the pulse of the planet- the heartbeat of mother earth. this rhythmic pulsation is the earth electromagnetic force field, which continuously bathes our bodies with a natural healing current.
I have a question when it comes to the dense energy. How would one be sure that the energy is the Earth's field? Like in terms of meditation, one can also notice a dense energy. Can that be the Earth's field or something else? What can be the differences? 🤔

I have a question when it comes to the dense energy. How would one be sure that the energy is the Earth's field? Like in terms of meditation, one can also notice a dense energy. Can that be the Earth's field or something else? What can be the differences? 🤔

I think intention plays a big role here, since you are intending to connect to earth energy only and not anything else. You can also visualize dirt/earth as a representation of this energy(that's probably the best way to identify it), and even stand barefoot on the grass to see if you can feel it naturally first.

Back
Top Bottom