Favorite movie scenes

1. My favourite scene from Star Trek with Picard summarizing what he learned from the ribbon, where he had the chance to live in a world where his nephew was still alive but instead chose to come back and stop an entire planet from being destroyed and the juxtaposition between his and Soren's thoughts regarding time. Brilliant!:

2. There are so many lost young men and boys in the world in desperate need of a loving father and guidance, so this scene always hit so close to home growing up, and still does today:

3. Gotta lighten the mood a little bit. So this speaks for itself:

I'm loving all of the LOTRs scenes, that triology was so well done!

Tombstone is one of my favorite movies, so many good scenes in that movie. This is one of my favorites:

Love how he handles that bully!

I love this scene from the Count of Monte Cristo. The Count realizes that Albert's father slipped out and left it up to his mother to give the important birthday toast, so he slips in and gives a toast that makes Albert look amazing in front of everyone.

When I was little, we owned 4 video tapes, which we watched incessantly: 'The Wizard of Oz', 'The Dark Crystal', and 2 Australian movies: 'Epic' & 'Dot and the Kangaroo'.. here are a couple bits that always stuck with me from those last two..

The bunyip song from Dot and the Kangaroo... so scary..still gives me chills..

Epic is a weird film. It's about how ancient humans became friends with dingoes..

I don't know if it was adapted from actual aboriginal dreamtime stories or just made up by the film makers... It's got The Flood, dinosaurs, elemental creatures and spirits, aliens(?), all sorts of stuff.. On youtube there's an American version where they've added voices to the characters (in the original, the only speaking is a sparse narration) and censored some of the violent bits, and a Spanish version.. here's the Spanish one cos it's closer to what I remember. This scene where the kids fight a dinosaur (starts at around 18:30mins) is the one I always think of when I think of this movie or hear Mussorgsky

Back
Top Bottom