Facebook - friend or foe?

TheManyShadesOfJo

Padawan Learner
*sorry for the re-post*

I am an avid user of facebook, what i'd like to know is who has access to my information, and what do they do with it? who is mark zuckerberg and what are his motives? i'm pretty sure there are COINTELPRO agents at work there.

i was a member of one jokey group called "petition to revoke the independence of the USA". there was a discussion on who was better, bob dylan or the beetles. i asserted my belief that john lennon, jimmi hendrix and janis joplin were assassinated by the US govt and a few people jumped on me, calling me a tinfoil-hat-wearing-maniac, saying "why would our govt go out of their way to assassinate innocent pop stars?". my reply was "9-11, thats all i'm gonna say" and invited them to check out SOTT. they responded by saying that sites like that were full of rubbish etc. one of them, Greg Bennet, poked me, when you poke someone back they can see your profile for a week, so presumably thats what he was trying to do.

i've since left that group and save discussions like that for places like this, but i'm still curious as to what's going on there. any ideas?

Well there is this article you might find interesting: http://www.signs-of-the-times.org/articles/show/137871-Facebook+-+the+CIA+conspiracy
It has linked articles for further reading. Hope it helps.

As for your questions, why not try a little google research of your own? Finding out the answers to questions by yourself really helps you learn better and in a deeper way, osit.

You could post your findings here, bringing something to the table as it were.

Barry

Facebook and Myspace forums/groups are the last place you want to go talking about anything other than pop culture and mainstream philosophy. You have the majority of people who are asleep and who will laugh at your attempt to introduce concepts that you mentioned. I would also assume that their are a few agent provocateurs lurking as well. Best to stick to informing friends about SOTT-related concepts.

In a way it's true, if you want to have discussions about 911 and Cointelpro forums like this are better suited, however if the awakened don't go to sites like that to try to at least nudge the sheeple into consciousness, then they will never wake up.

I think if you do have conversations about Cointelpro and 9/11 on sites like that (which I am not well versed on) you want to know your subject matter really well, and you will probably want to introduce the light version of the topics to these people. If there is such a thing. Many just like in the Matrix are hopelessly attached to this system of control and conformity and they are not fully ready to be awakened. Truth for some people comes easy, it's what we live and breath for, and will not long be satisfied with anything else, no matter what it cost us, or how painful it is. Others are not like that, and with them you have to tread carefully. However I still think it's good to direct people to sites like this. If they give you a hassle, ask them what they are afraid of? If the site is bunk, then it will prove itself, if not they might learn something.

I think there is a similar element in Yahoo "Answers", where people ask questions on-line and solicit responses from Yahoo account-holders.

The majority of the questions seem innocent enough, but there are a few that seem to be trying to find out who has "unorthodox" opinions about certain happenings that the powers that be want covered up - such as the WTC event etc.

Ex-Facebook Chief, Sean Parker warns site was built to exploit people's weaknesses.

_http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/sociopolitica/sociopol_internetfacebook68.htm

" Just be aware, especially if you catch yourself with any amount of time to spare, 30 seconds, 10 minutes, or a couple of hours, it's so easy to instantly grab your phone and begin "the scroll."

Be aware of the addiction, and then break it.

If you need to take a break from all social media from time to time so that you remember what life was like before we were constantly glued to our small screens, our medium screens and our larger screens, then do it.

Sometimes it's easy to forget that we are in control of our lives, it's time to take back the power!"

Reactions: Pat
I've been wondering about why the MSM is now whole heartedly exposing the wrong doings of FB, making this latest scandal front page news. Seems like someone is throwing Zuck to the wolves. Someone wants those FB shares to go down. What's your take on this? This surely doesn't happen just because they are being honest and decent. Cui bono?

Reactions: Pat
Aragorn said:
I've been wondering about why the MSM is now whole heartedly exposing the wrong doings of FB, making this latest scandal front page news. Seems like someone is throwing Zuck to the wolves. Someone wants those FB shares to go down. What's your take on this? This surely doesn't happen just because they are being honest and decent. Cui bono?

My guess: Mercury Retrograde. We just recently entered one, and were experiencing early effects for the week leading up.

I've noticed over the years that one of the qualities of such periods, (around twice per year for three weeks or so each time), lies and misunderstandings and other knotted bits of 'impossible' get tossed into the light for a bit to unravel and reveal their nature.

It seems to be a universal function where even the Dark Side is affected. Rules of the game.

It's a good time for reviewing one's own machine, and for weighing up the pros and cons to proceeding in old paths. It's also hard to tie threads into new configurations. We turn to all thumbs, -and sort of half-drunk ones at that. It's like reality adds a universal un-folding agent to a plasma filled with complex molecules. When Mercury is observed as going 'direct' again, everything will crunch back up and continue along as 'normal' -and we'll just have to deal with any new information which came to light as a result of the process. While sometimes aggravating and uncomfortable, I value these periods and just accept the fact that I'm probably going to say and do a bunch of stupid things, and try to be understanding towards myself and others. Though.., frig, it's hard sometimes, especially when I'm involved in some critical and complex endeavor which can't be put on hold for three weeks!

As for Facebook specifically...

I've gotten a reasonably decent amount of good return from using the platform, but I certainly don't like the fact that it has for some of my connections become a default messaging service. It's just too convenient to not use, -or I am too lazy to look for alternatives. And it's a collective choice, not just my own, and I've put a lot of work into establishing connections, etc. It's where everybody is conveniently gathered!

While I can adjust for the obvious manipulations of news feeds and such, (basically, I rarely read them and only broadcast these days), and the echo chamber effect, limiting exposure to the choir, so to speak, -and everybody is feeling it, (I think..?) I don't know if the world is ready to let the platform go. If something new came along, it would take a fair bit of time to shift and it would likely be not much better in the long run.

I suspect we'll see some form of mouthed measures or a sacrificial lamb hung out so that people can carry on pretending that they're not being manipulated and watched.

What I am looking for in the interim is a messaging service I can bounce people to in order to continue conversations off the FB platform.

Any suggestions?

Aragorn said:

Mainstream "news" praised Obama campaign for doing same thing in 2012 election.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/03/21/liberal-media-didn-t-think-data-mining-was-so-bad-when-obama-s-campaign-did-it.html

Russia hoax not bearing fruit, so Trump Derangement Syndrome sufferers now grasping onto Cambridge Analytica story. Their hope now is: CA fraudulently obtained data, used it to sway 2016 election -> Trump's presidency is fraudulent -> Trump gets removed from office.

Jeffrey of Troy said:
Aragorn said:

Mainstream "news" praised Obama campaign for doing same thing in 2012 election.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/03/21/liberal-media-didn-t-think-data-mining-was-so-bad-when-obama-s-campaign-did-it.html

Russia hoax not bearing fruit, so Trump Derangement Syndrome sufferers now grasping onto Cambridge Analytica story. Their hope now is: CA fraudulently obtained data, used it to sway 2016 election -> Trump's presidency is fraudulent -> Trump gets removed from office.

Hey Jeffrey of Troy, Trump has actually gone over to the dark side now, you'll find news reports and a discussion in the Trump Presidency thread, starting from this post would be a good catch up.

Also, as discussed in the session from 16 September 2017:

Laura said:
(Pierre) He cannot go in the right direction. At this point, he has no way of winning, so it's going to be a Deep State scenario from now on. And you know what that means for people.

(PoB) Could it still be that the Democrats and all the crazy lefties can steal it in the way that he would be impeached?

A: Why impeach a perfectly good puppet?

Q: (Pierre) That's the terrible thing. He is a man of the people. The people pick that up. They resonate.

I've been wondering about the sudden attack on Zuck too. It may just be that he stepped on the wrong foot behind the scenes.

I haven't had a chance to join last week’s Sott radio show where this topic was discussed among others but I'll listen to the audio as soon as I get the chance.

Well, I'm of almost two minds about the FB thing. Having said that, I'm wondering if doing the exact opposite of what the MSM wants one to do is the better course of action?

Laura said:
Well, I'm of almost two minds about the FB thing. Having said that, I'm wondering if doing the exact opposite of what the MSM wants one to do is the better course of action?

Yeah, what if they are doing this exposure, just so that people would be afraid to connect and share things on social media? Like with Snowden. And at this point, they have surely collected all the data on people they need. And with the Skripal case now leading to expulsion of Russian diplomats all over the planet, it looks almost like someone is preparing for war...

They've been on FB's case since about August 2016. That was when the 'fake news' scandal broke. I suspect that their 'psychographics' and data analytics were clearly signalling by then that Hillary was toast. The Zuck practically pleaded with people to please stop using FB for sharing actually informative information and revert back to sharing pics of their meals.

In recent months, we've seen all these exposes about how social media is bad for people's health - as IF they suddenly figured that out!

And now this latest 'scandal'.

FB is itself a data-mining enterprise, so all that 'shock' over its 'crimes' is completely phony. We discussed back in 2010 whether or not to join, and we did, holding our noses, and with a purpose in mind: to share information. Apparently, by 2016, a critical mass of the masses was doing that too.

The PTB now realizes that its critter is a threat because FB inadvertently contributed heftily to Trump winning the election by providing a public forum that bypassed the MSM. It had nothing to do with Russian bots or Cambridge Analytica bots, and everything to do with Killary being the spawn of Satan.

Having launched purges, attempted 'fact-checking', and changed its algorithms to throttle independent media - ourselves included - they're now angling to rein FB in further - regulate it, break it up, make it formally govt-controlled, whatever.

Niall said:
They've been on FB's case since about August 2016. That was when the 'fake news' scandal broke. I suspect that their 'psychographics' and data analytics were clearly signalling by then that Hillary was toast. The Zuck practically pleaded with people to please stop using FB for sharing actually informative information and revert back to sharing pics of their meals.

In recent months, we've seen all these exposes about how social media is bad for people's health - as IF they suddenly figured that out!

And now this latest 'scandal'.

FB is itself a data-mining enterprise, so all that 'shock' over its 'crimes' is completely phony. We discussed back in 2010 whether or not to join, and we did, holding our noses, and with a purpose in mind: to share information. Apparently, by 2016, a critical mass of the masses was doing that too.

The PTB now realizes that its critter is a threat because FB inadvertently contributed heftily to Trump winning the election by providing a public forum that bypassed the MSM. It had nothing to do with Russian bots or Cambridge Analytica bots, and everything to do with Killary being the spawn of Satan.

Having launched purges, attempted 'fact-checking', and changed its algorithms to throttle independent media - ourselves included - they're now angling to rein FB in further - regulate it, break it up, make it formally govt-controlled, whatever.

That's a good point, I've been very tempted to leave FB for a while as well but maybe sticking around a little longer may be the wiser choice.

I'm often behind the times and fail to keep up with most app updates, I usually only notice when the UI is updated significantly... although these updates are happening with increased frequency now and platforms, such as facebook, are evolving exponentially in all the wrong directions.

I discovered yesterday that facebook had been tracking 70% of my personal internet browsing data in their "offline activities" section, and that they are working in cahoots with the majority of mainstream websites to both track us and and data share on us. This is separate to them wanting your phone number and crawling through your offline personal contacts (and go knows what else), in fact, I think Facebook even posses the ability to create profiles on people who aren't using facebook by collecting all their meta data from friends, family, work places, and now your general web browsing data. The AI they are using knows more about our lives than we do, we literally cannot compute our own life data with the same precision as their AI.

I operate under the assumption that all the alphabet agencies and the government know exactly what I am doing on the internet, unless I'm deliberately making efforts to effectively conceal my trail. The new Facebook updates are enough to make me extremely nervous and I like to wear my opinions proudly - but the tracking is getting far too close for comfort these days.

I turned those settings off, but they have the habit of sneakily turning themselves back on.

Back
Top Bottom