Dyatlov Pass incident


voyageur said:
I had a hard time trying to envision the landscape in the way described. To me it looked like a series of forest cut-blocks and skidding corridors into the merchantable parts of the forest (saw logs). Each separate area seems to be connected with a road grid system.

I would say that I quite agree with you. In fact, I didn't take the time to check myself. My bad.


The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I'm ready to believe in mysticism: experts are shocked by new details of the secrets of the pass Dyatlov
Natalia Mayorova 06:41 07/06/2018
Я готов поверить в мистику: эксперты шокированы новыми подробностями тайны перевала Дятлова
New details in the investigation of the death of a group of tourists in the mountains of the Northern Urals, the researchers received after the exhumation of the bodies of one of the expedition members.


Almost 60 years have passed since the death of student tourists and their leader Igor Dyatlov in the mountains of the Northern Urals in 1959. Despite numerous studies, there are still many unresolved issues in the tragedy.

Relatives of one of the members of the expedition Semen Zolotarev doubted that under his name he was buried. In April, the exhumation of Zolotarev's body was conducted at the Yekaterinburg Ivanovo Cemetery.

Modern experts conducted a comparative analysis of their conclusions with those already existing, which were made 59 years ago. However, new results after the exhumation of Zolotarev's body added only more mysteries.

In particular, the identity of the tourist remains questionable. By now, there are inconsistencies, both in the biographical data of Zolotarev, and in the reliability of his name and information about his service during the Great Patriotic War.

As the site "Komsomolskaya Pravda" notes, back in 1959 Zolotarev, in preparation for the trip, noted that "the whole world will talk about this campaign," but he did not explain the expression.

Three months after the tragedy, the corpse of Zolotarev was discovered. However, it was almost impossible to identify him. As noted in the certificate of forensic medical examination, there was a tattoo on the body of the tourist "Daermmuazuaya", but, according to Zolotarev's relatives, they do not remember such an inscription.

As a result of such numerous inconsistencies, it was decided to exhume the body. However, during the procedure, there was another mysterious detail - the grave under the obelisk with the inscription "Semen Zolotarev" is not listed for anyone. The documentation on the burial of the tourist at the Ivanovo Cemetery does not contain any information at all.

Experts of the XXI century came to a loss after receiving the results of the examination of the body. The nature of the injuries caused the most questions.

"If I had just been presented with a description of the damage, and I did not know the circumstances of the case, I would say that the person most likely moved the car. But, given the situation as a whole, I am ready to believe in mysticism. All the fractures are different. And this should be some incredible combination of circumstances, so that all injuries are formed, for example, from the descent of a large mass of snow, "said expert Eduard Tumanov.

However, the expert stressed that the options for the death of Zolotarev, which the researchers reported earlier, do not coincide with the results of exhumation. The fog has denied the death of a tourist from the influence of infrasound, ultrasound, radiation, blast wave or psychogenic factors - all that other experts have previously said.

"This we can all immediately dismiss. This is solely the action of solid, stupid objects, "Tumanov stressed.

To such conclusions in 1959 came the forensic medical expert Boris Revived. He said that the nature of the injuries at least two of the dead expedition members is the result of the impact of a large force.

Earlier, the Ural researcher-enthusiast Valentin Degterev made an ambiguous statement. He claimed that he had found the body of a shaman-hunter on the photos of Igor Dyatlov's group. ■

Published on Jan 29, 2017 / 1:27:44
TOP SECRET! Russian language
The creators of the film decided to put an end to the most mysterious tragedy of the last century that happened in the North Urals with the tourists of Igor Dyatlov's group. Why nine young people left uncovered tents under obscure circumstances and froze on the slope of the Holatchahl mountain? A long-term investigation involved the investigator for particularly important cases of the Prosecutor General's Office of the Russian Federation Leonid Proshkin and his colleague Evgeni Okishev, who was engaged in the case of the woodpeckers in 1959, as well as the best experts and those who personally touched the story. The tragic death of the Djatlov group for more than half a century was a particularly protected secret. But now we know that there is a very real door, behind which is stored not only the secret itself, but also the names of those who created it.

Создатели фильма решили поставить точку в самой загадочной трагедии прошлого века, случившейся на Северном Урале с туристами группы Игоря Дятлова. Почему девять молодых людей при невыясненных обстоятельствах покинули полураздетыми палатку и замерзли на склоне горы Холатчахль? В многолетнем расследовании приняли участие следователь по особо важным делам Генпрокуратуры Российской Федерации Леонид Прошкин и его коллега Евгений Окишев, занимавшийся делом дятловцев в далеком 1959 году, а также лучшие эксперты и те, кого эта история коснулась лично. Трагическая гибель группы Дятлова более полувека была особо охраняемым секретом. Но теперь мы знаем, что существует вполне реальная дверь, за которой хранится не только сама тайна, но и имена тех, кто ее создавал.


The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Translated from Russian by Microsoft
The researcher found mysterious footage from the camera team member Dyatlova: «Это не дефект пленки»: исследователь обнаружил загадочные кадры с фотоаппарата участника группы Дятлова

«Это не дефект пленки»: исследователь обнаружил загадочные кадры с фотоаппарата участника группы Дятлова
On the frames found by the researcher, "only some artifacts" are supposedly visible, which, he said, can be "part of some kind of explosion, the flight of a certain UFO, fragments of the starry sky."

Ural researcher-enthusiast Valentin Degterev in his blog reported that he allegedly managed to obtain previously unknown photos. According to him, the pictures, presumably, were made by one of the participants of Dyatlov's group, Semyon Zolotarev. They allegedly found it on one of the English-speaking resources.

According to Degterev, the film was allegedly found in the camera Zolotarev, and on the site it is laid out only as separate fragments.

"Zolotarev did not part with the camera until his death. So I took pictures until the end. How many of them have turned out, we will never know. In the criminal case, only marriage remained. However, these pictures of the case disappeared, "- writes in his blog Degterev

As the enthusiastic researcher noted, "only some artifacts" are supposedly visible on the frames. Degterev suggested that they could be "part of some kind of explosion, the flight of a certain UFO, fragments of the starry sky."

"Individual" figures "remind people. However, all this is not just a defect in the film. These are echoes of that terrible tragedy, which arouses interest even after 60 years, "wrote Degterev.

In conclusion, he suggests that "something strange has happened on the pass, possibly connected with mysticism," but, according to Degterev, "it's never known", allegedly.

Previously, the Ural ufologist stated that he had found photographs of the spaceship that Semyon Zolotarev accidentally took off. ■


The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Fifty-nine years ago in the Urals, a team of 9 ascended ‘the mountain of the dead.’ Only one came down. The chilling details and inexplicable circumstances of their disappearance have become the stuff of nightmares and Hollywood fiction. Now, one Russian blogger believes he’s closer to the truth than we have ever been before.

The nature of the eventual discovery shocked the science community and investigators alike. The bodies had been discovered at different sites and at different times; some had signs of severe internal trauma, others showed traces of radiation. Half the bodies were naked or wearing each others’ clothes. And there was no object in the vicinity that could have caused any of that to happen, as concluded by the Soviet investigation.

Theories ranged from homicidal psychosis to aliens and government experiments. And they're showing no signs of slowing down - just look at this movie trailer for 'The Devil's Pass'. And it's not even the only horror movie to come out of Hollywood that deals with the subject matter.

Now, nearly 60 years later, Russian blogger Valentin Degterev - who manages a journal about the paranormal and unexplained - believes the deaths of the Dyatlov group were caused by a small-yield missile that hit the side of the rock. Evidence of a 30-meter wide crater, he says in his online journal, can be seen on closer inspection of the satellite images of the area and is situated about three km from the site of their tent.

“The granite was melted to basically red glass. I think the temperature at the moment of impact was very high. This is clearly visible on the satellite images.”

He continues: “Having been woken up by the shockwave, [the hikers] were blinded by the bright light, probably suffering temporary loss of vision. This explains their sudden escape and descent into the woods.”

The findings are even more strange, given Degterev’s belief that the firing of the missile had not been a test.
“The missile had probably gone off-course and changed direction, hitting the mountain face accidentally.”

The blogger states that, had there been no radiation found on the clothes, his other theory would’ve been that it was a meteor impact.
“I think the place needs a thorough look when spring arrives. If radiation is indeed found, and if there is an impact crater, then the mystery of the Dyatlov Pass can be considered solved.”

But can Degterev’s theory explain everything?

What originally happened

The group, led by 23-year-old Igor Dyatlov, hadn’t returned from their hiking trip to Otorten mountain in the winter of 1959. Later investigation showed that on Feb. 2 the tent the party had stayed in was ripped from the inside, with its inhabitants wandering into the night wearing only the clothes they wore to bed. All of the bodies were discovered weeks later - some of them were wearing the others’ clothes, soaked in high doses of radiation.

Where it gets really bizarre is that some of the bodies had shown only signs of hypothermia (hence the theory on why they were naked), while others found deeper in the woods had shown signs of massive internal trauma: bleeding, fractures, and broken skulls. One member of the group, Lyudmila Dubinina, was missing her tongue.

READ MORE: The Dyatlov Pass Incident location draws in tourists

The Russians didn’t know what to do with all of this, and shut the investigation after finding no reason to suspect foul play. The final report from the Soviets posited that the group was killed by an “unknown compelling force.”

The Russians didn’t declassify the documents until the 1990s, which, understandably, has fueled conspiracy theories ranging from nuclear tests to the presence of aliens and paranormal creatures.

The new theory by Degterev has received mixed reactions. Many of the commenters responded positively to the alleged revelation; others, however, remembered other versions that, in their minds, deserve closer inspection. There are over 60 known versions of what transpired in the blizzard.

What the science tells us for sure is that the nine skiers could not have sustained their injuries from any object found in the vicinity.
One of the most interesting theories revolves around a sacred cave of the local Mansi tribe, which they use for ritual sacrifice. The tribe, apparently, does not like to share the mountain with outsiders, and when the Dyatlov group allegedly robbed their sacrificial cave of its various items, hunted them down in the night and killed them. This theory, however, is more word of mouth than anything else.

Others argue that the chaotic and violent deaths could have been the result of a strong and toxic moonshine-type beverage the group had procured from the local hunters (possibly also used ritualistically). The stuff could easily have caused psychedelic hallucinations, it is believed. This would have accounted for the haphazard escape and the group’s apparently inexplicable behavior.

There is still the fact of the tent ripped from the inside, as well as the absence of any footprints outside the tent that did not belong to the members of the Dyatlov group. It really does appear that the group had shot out of the tent, running in different directions. The mystery of what really happened persists.

If using any of Russia Beyond's content, partly or in full, always provide an active hyperlink to the original material.



FOTCM Member
According to this source (in Russian), the Office of Prosecutor-General of Russia is going to check the "most likely" 3 versions of the death of the group (out of total 75). And all of these versions are connected to "natural forces". He says it could have been an avalanche or strong hurricane. Interesting that they still investigating it. Last night was the 60th anniversary of the event.


The Living Force
Russian lawmakers are set to reopen an investigation into one of the world’s most chilling unsolved mysteries. On the first two days of February, 1959, a group of nine experienced backcountry ski hikers perished at the Dyatlov Pass in the frozen Ural Mountains in the Soviet Union under curious circumstances. An unknown incident appears to have occurred in the night which caused the hikers to cut themselves out of their tents from the inside and flee into the sub-zero temperatures barely dressed. When Soviet investigators discovered the hikers’ bodies, some were found to be missing body parts while others appeared to have suffered grievous blunt force trauma. The nature of the incident and the hikers’ deaths have never been conclusively determined.

February 5, 2019 - Russia Reopens Investigation Into Deadly Dyatlov Pass Incident
Russia Reopens Investigation Into Deadly Dyatlov Pass Incident | Mysterious Universe

The tattered remains of one of the group’s tents.

The mystery of mystery of the Dyatlov Pass Incident remains unsolved, but numerous theories have been put forward over the years ranging from the scientific to the paranormal. Did powerful infrasound induce a state of panic or mass psychogenic illness? Did indigenous tribes or a menk, a Russian cousin of the Yeti, attack the group? Were the hikers accidentally killed by the Soviet military who then fabricated the mystery to cover their tracks?

To answer as many of these questions as possible, Russian lawmakers have announced they have officially reopened the case of the Dyatlov Pass Incident. Prosecutors and researchers will travel from Moscow to the remote Ural Mountains to gather potential evidence and try and determined what caused the unsolved deaths of the nine hikers who perished in the incident.

Dyatlov pass hikers

The hikers shortly before their deaths.

According to Sputnik News, this new Dyatlov Pass research team will include “geodesy experts.” Geodesy is a field of Earth science involved with measuring and studying the Earth’s gravitational field, geometric shape, and position and orientation in space.

If you’re like me, you’re wondering what these properties have to do with the Dyatlov Pass incident. Did some sort of gravitational anomaly contribute to the hikers’ deaths, or is this merely some sort of translation error?

The investigation is slated to take place March 10.

It’s one of history’s great unsolved and conspiracy-generating mysteries. In 1959, the frozen bodies of a nine-member ski-hiking expedition were found partially undressed near their Ural Mountain campsite in an area whose indigenous name means “Dead Mountain.” The official reason given for the skiers’ strange behavior (like slicing open their tent from the inside) was “natural force they were unable to overcome,” the investigation documents were classified and the public was banned from the area for three years, which irritated those who heard witnesses had seen fireballs that could have been Russian missile tests, energy orbs or alien spaceships. Now, nearly 60 years later, a possible piece of solid evidence may have been found … with its own discovery also shrouded in mystery and intrigue.

August 25, 2018 - Strange Debris Found at Dyatlov Pass, Site of Mysterious Deaths
Strange Debris Found at Dyatlov Pass, Site of Mysterious Deaths | Mysterious Universe

The latest piece in this mysterious Dyatlov pie begins in 2008 when a tourist claims to have found a large chunk of metal near the site. The 3-foot-by-3-foot (one square meter) piece was either too heavy or perhaps too frightening for this person to bring back in 2008, so it remained there until this year when URA.Ru reported that an expedition had returned to the remote location using GPS coordinates kept by the finder and retrieved it.

“It seems easy only the first 100 meters – in fact it is hard to carry and very uncomfortable. We even at that time hardly managed to deliver it, although we specially prepared it.”
Alexander Zarubin told URA.Ru reported on the expedition for URA.Ru (report here with numerous pictures of the chunk, the area and the team) and says that after the difficult retrieval, it was delivered to Yuri Kountsevich, head of the Dyatlov Foundation dedicated to maintaining the Dyatlov Museum and continuing the investigation of the unsolved mystery. Kountsevich’s initial analysis, along with others who have looked at it, is that the metal is part of a rocket fuel tank, possibly from an intercontinental ballistic UR-100.

Does this metal fragment help solve the mysterious 1959 deaths of the skiers on Dyatlov Pass? Well, it fits the theory that the Russian military was conducting tests (not a real surprise) and a secret missile crashed in the area and its secret cargo may have been responsible for the radiation detected on the bodies and their clothing. It might also lend credence to the theory that the skiers were involved with the tests, possibly working with the KGB – a theory based on reports that some of their diaries and film rolls (one of which may have had photos of the strange orange fireballs) were missing.

Why did these experienced hikers tear their tent from the inside and got barefoot in the snow, some dying of exposure, others from injuries including a broken skull, two broken ribs, and a missing tongue (you read that right). The chunks of metal sheds no light on this or the rumors of a Yeti attack, an avalanche or a rare weather condition known as Kármán vortex street that can generate very-low-frequency sound waves that could have caused psychological problems that drove the hikers mad, or at least to do odd non-hiker things.


Memorial to the hikers

No other pieces of metal were found. Could have been placed there deliberately to distract investigators who may be getting too close to the real reason behind the Dyatlov Pass mystery?

Or is it just a coincidental piece of the many rockets and missiles launched by the USSR and Russia?

Will we ever find out?


Jedi Master
Thanks for all the links, very interesting. Perhaps the link below requires it's own thread, the victim was also mutilated and in a most brutal manner. There are fish in South America that burrow into corpses but this is bizarre. I cannot verify that it actually happened, perhaps a question for the C's? Thanks

Warning: Extremely Graphic. The Most Disturbing Case of Alien Abduction Ever


Dagobah Resident
Has anybody heard about the case of missing 5 boys from Yuba city in US found dead under unresolved circumstances, so called America s Dylatov Pass incident....

Joe Shones was having a heart attack. The 55-year-old Californian had felt fine just a few minutes previously, navigating his Volkswagen on a desolate mountain road near Rogers Cow Camp in the Plumas National Forest to see if weather conditions were good enough to bring his family along for a weekend excursion the following day. But as he drove further into the night, snowdrifts slowed his tires. When he got out to push his car, the exertion brought on a searing pain in his chest. It was February 24, 1978, and Shones was miles from help.

As he sat in his car wondering what to do, he noticed two sets of headlights, one belonging to a pickup truck. Hoping he could flag down the passerby, he exited his vehicle and began screaming for help. He would later say he saw a group of men, one woman, and a baby. They continues walking, ignoring him. Hours later, back inside his car, he saw what he thought were flashlights. When he went back outside to yell into the darkness, no one responded to the sound of his voice.
Hours into his ordeal and with his car still stuck and now out of gas, Shones felt well enough to begin walking down the mountain road and toward a lodge roughly eight miles away. He passed a 1969 Mercury Montego, but the vehicle had no occupants. Perhaps, Shones thought, it belonged to the group he had seen earlier.

At the time, Shones was preoccupiedwith his own emergency. But authorities would later realize the biggest story to emerge from that dark, desolate road wasn't his brush with death. It was the fact that Shones had likely wound up being the last person to see Ted Weiher, Gary Mathias, Jack Madruga, Jack Huett, and Bill Sterling alive


How these five men came to be on an inhospitable mountain road more than 50 miles from their homes in and around Marysville and Yuba City, California, was just one of the mysteries surrounding their disappearance. None of them was known to have any business on that part of the mountain. All five had intellectual disabilities or psychiatric issues to various degrees; all of them lived with family, who kept a close eye on them. They were often lovingly referred to as “boys,” despite being from 24 to 32 years of age. An impromptu road trip was definitely out of character.

If authorities couldn’t make any sense of how the group's day had ended on February 24, they at least had some idea of how it began. Madruga, who owned the Mercury, drove his four friends to a collegiate basketball game at the California State University, Chico. All were fervent basketball fans, and even had a game of their own scheduled for the following day, playing on a team representing the rehabilitation center they all frequented.

At 32, Weiher was the oldest, a former janitor who was closest to the youngest of the group, 24-year-old Huett. Sterling and Madruga, an Army veteran, were another set of best friends. Mathias had been in the Army, too, but was discharged because of psychiatric problems. He was schizophrenic, a condition controlled by medication he hadn’t bothered to bring along. There was no reason to believe he wouldn’t be home in time for his next dose.

The game ended around 10 p.m. The “boys” stopped at a convenience store for junk food: Hostess pies, soda, candy bars. All five piled back into the Mercury and took off. But instead of driving south toward their homes roughly 50 miles away, they inexplicably drove east. And they traveled for a very long time. When Shones spotted their abandoned Mercury, the car had been driven roughly 70 miles away from the Chico basketball game.

In the early morning hours of February 25, Shones made it to the lodge and was able to get medical treatment. There was no reason to mention having seen the Mercury until newspapers began to blare out notices about the five men who had gone missing that Friday. When Weiher and Sterling didn’t come home, their mothers began calling the parents of the others, and soon the police were involved.
On Tuesday, February 28, authorities found the Mercury on the same mountain road where Shones had last seen it, and where a park ranger had reported its location after hearing the missing persons bulletin. The junk food had been consumed, save for one half of a candy bar. The keys to the vehicle were gone. It had enough gas to continue on, but a snowbank had likely caused its tires to spin out. Madruga and the four other able-bodied men should have been able to dislodge it without a lot of difficulty. Instead, it looked abandoned. Around them, police saw nothing but rugged, dense forest, hardly an appealing option for the lightly dressed young men.
“This case is bizarre as hell,” Yuba County undersheriff Jack Beecham told reporters.

Organizing a search party in the midst of winter was no easy task, especially when it meant combing through rough terrain filled with rocky surfaces, wooded paths, and snow-covered slopes. Helicopters surveyed the area from above. On the ground, officers tried to use horses to get around on the rocky roads. They entertained a number of eyewitness sightings of the men, including one where they were driving the pickup Shones had mentioned, but none seemed plausible. Their families raised a $2600 reward for information, petitioned psychics, and waited by their phones, but heard nothing. Not until the thaw came.


In June of that year, a small group of weekend motorcyclists came across an abandoned forest service trailer on a campground site. Curious, they went inside. They found a body tucked into a bed, draped in sheets from head to toe. When authorities lifted the veil, they found Weiher, his shoes missing and his feet badly frostbitten. The trailer was over 19 miles from the Mercury.

Soon, police found two other corpses—those of Sterling and Madruga—4.5 miles away from Weiher's remains. Police believed their bodies had simply given up before they found shelter while Weiher and others marched on. Madruga had held on to the keys to the car.
Huett’s bones were found not long after. There was no sign of Mathias, aside from his tennis shoes, which had been left in the trailer. Almost certainly, he had taken Weiher’s leather shoes, though police had no real idea why.

If police and the families of the men were expecting closure from the discovery of their bodies, they weren’t about to get it. What puzzled them most was how Weiher was found emaciated, despite the fact that the trailer been stocked with plenty of canned and dried food and a can opener. From his beard growth, they knew Weiher had been living there anywhere between eight and 13 weeks. Yet only about 12 cans had been opened, and he had not bothered to turn on the propane tank, which would have provided heat for the entire trailer. Several paperback books—perfect for fires—were also left untouched. No one had even bothered to cover the broken window they had smashed in to get inside.


“Why” was a common question for investigators and the relatives of the men, but no answers were forthcoming. Why did the men turn east in the first place? Why didn’t they attempt to move the car once it got stuck, instead of walking to nowhere in the middle of the night? Was it by chance they came across the trailer, or did someone lead them there? Why not start a fire for warmth? If Mathias went for help, where was his body?

Authorities would later discover that a Snowcat vehicle had pushed snow aside to cut a path toward the trailer on February 23, which may have given the men some hope they were in an area where Forest Service employees might soon return. There was also the theory that Mathias convinced the group to head toward Forbestown, an area between Chico and the mountain road, so he could visit a friend who lived there. It was possible that Madruga had missed the turn-off and gotten lost, driving deeper into darkness until the snow ground the Mercury to a halt. The men, panicking, may have believed their car was stuck and that they needed to get help.

A year after their disappearance, police were no closer to solving the mystery. Mathias's body has never turned up. There was never any accounting for their strange decision to turn toward unfamiliar territory. Weiher seemingly walked nearly 20 miles to the trailer in frigid conditions, despite having left his coat at home. None of the men thought to walk downhill, from where they came, and instead faced the treacherous and unfamiliar path ahead.

Police never ruled out foul play, nor did the families. Melba Madruga, Jack's mother, told The Washington Post that she believed "some force" had led the group astray. "We know good and well somebody made them do it," she said. To the Los Angeles Times, she said it was impossible for her to believe Madruga would ever drive his car, which he prized, into an area where it might be damaged. He had even left a window rolled down, something he would never normally do. "I'm positive he never went up there on his own," she told the paper. "He was either tricked or threatened."

Ted Weiher's sister-in-law has theorized that the men may have seen something take place at the basketball game that prompted someone to chase them. Police were never able to establish evidence for pursuit, but no one could shake the idea that the men seemed to be determined to move forward. Why do that unless something more frightening was right behind them?
"Bizarre as hell" was Beecham’s summary. To date, there hasn’t been any evidence to contradict him.

There is also a youtube story about it that goes into details by interesting chanell that narrates many of those interesting on the edge stories that are worth to check out.

It seems something was hunting them, human or not, remains unknown.
Last edited:


FOTCM Member
So the main version now seems to be some special kind of avalanche called "snow board" (снежная доска). It "explains" the injuries and the tent was cut from inside "to avoid suffocating". After this avalanche, "the group moved downhill to avoid next avalanches" and to make fire.

Interesting that they mention several heat waves some days before the incident and that on the previous day(s) the region experienced 2/3 monthly norm of precipitation.

I can imagine that this avalanche could indeed have happened (after their death, to conceal the evidence?) but how they explain missing eyes and tongues is not clear.


Dagobah Resident
Thanks for all the links, very interesting. Perhaps the link below requires it's own thread, the victim was also mutilated and in a most brutal manner. There are fish in South America that burrow into corpses but this is bizarre. I cannot verify that it actually happened, perhaps a question for the C's? Thanks

Warning: Extremely Graphic. The Most Disturbing Case of Alien Abduction Ever

One case I found interesting also is a case during Vietnam war about US B-52 bomber above Laos, pilots saying they made contact with an unknown aircraft that did not appear on the radar, radio transmission abruptly ceasing. They sent in special forces, green berets, to find the aircraft and destroy anything operationaly sensitive that can be used. They found it undamaged and trees in vicinity where undamaged, so there where no traces of violent landing. Inside all six corpses of crew members where horriby disfigured, their skin shredded and bones broken. What they saw they described it as eerie and truly disturbing.........After that cover up, commander being treated like a pariah, and his whole team being wiped out in enemy attack. After retirement he contacted ufologists and they told him that the circumstances where similar to an incident that happened in Russia back in 1961, An-2P cargo plane disappearing from radar only to be found perfectly intact in the dense woodland in Siberia with no crew members. After contacting ufologist there were attempts on his life.

When the movie Predator released in 1987, audiences were captivated as they watched an unseen, extra-terrestrial interloper stalk and kill a highly trained team of US special forces. Little did we know that during the Vietnam war, the militaries on both sides had been attacked by something just as frightening and just as bizarre; a true to life enemy unknown.

Top Bottom