Do-it-yourself liposomal nutrients

Re: Re: Ascorbic acid (vitamin C)

Laura said:
Report from yesterday, and this morning's experiment:

I was queasy last night after taking probably a total of 3/4 of a cup of the liposomal vitamin C in the afternoon, early evening. That would amount to 24 grams of vitamin C (real) and 120 effective.

After two packets of the LC, just 2,000mg total, I've had bowel problems.

This could be from drinking a lot more bone broth, I'm having problems with my eyes, and increased the bone broth this week by an extra two cups a day. (That makes four cups a day total since Friday. Saturday was when I started the LC.)

I'm going to skim off more fat from the broth to see if that helps with the loose stools, and start again with the LC once bowels go back to normal.

Otherwise its tough to tell what's causing what. :flowers:

Its a bit frustrating, as after the second dose yesterday afternoon, the fever I've been battling all week broke, and I felt a little better.

LQB said:
Laura said:
In short, you are saying that he was taking all of this Vitamin C without ALSO changing his diet?

Essentially, yes - that's what he said. I know that he was improving it during this time (LC) but he made the biggest changes only after reading PBPM at the end or after the LC. I think that's why he attributes the improvement to the diet and less to the LC. I know that he had cut alcohol (beer) back drastically but, reading between the lines, he may not have eliminated it until PBPM - I don't know for sure. I did mention to him that there is evidence that the LC may have much better effect with a better diet in place.

So basing anything on his experiences is like the cancer trials that were so terribly flawed mentioned earlier in the thread. It's pretty clear that eating carbs while trying to fix something with vitamin C in any form is an experiment in futility.

Laura said:
LQB said:
Laura said:
In short, you are saying that he was taking all of this Vitamin C without ALSO changing his diet?

Essentially, yes - that's what he said. I know that he was improving it during this time (LC) but he made the biggest changes only after reading PBPM at the end or after the LC. I think that's why he attributes the improvement to the diet and less to the LC. I know that he had cut alcohol (beer) back drastically but, reading between the lines, he may not have eliminated it until PBPM - I don't know for sure. I did mention to him that there is evidence that the LC may have much better effect with a better diet in place.

So basing anything on his experiences is like the cancer trials that were so terribly flawed mentioned earlier in the thread. It's pretty clear that eating carbs while trying to fix something with vitamin C in any form is an experiment in futility.

I agree - its like trying to wade through all the reviews on LC where some folks claim amazing recovery and others claim no improvement at all. There is no data to help explain why things worked for one and not the other. And diet - if we had the data- might explain that.

LQB said:
Laura said:

I agree - its like trying to wade through all the reviews on LC where some folks claim amazing recovery and others claim no improvement at all. There is no data to help explain why things worked for one and not the other. And diet - if we had the data- might explain that.

Yeah, it's like the astrophysicist guy mentioned by Psyche and Megan above: it didn't work for him. My guess is that there was something really flawed in the way he went about it. Though I am impressed by Megan's little experiment with adding back a few carbs in the way of sauerkraut and having such good results. Maybe our bodies are just so messed up that eating properly isn't going to work if we don't get some other things sorted along with it.

I've had the experience of having a few more carbs and then when I went back to near-zero carbs, everything worked better. In fact, we've got some home fermented sauerkraut making as we speak. Should be ready in a couple of weeks and then we'll be following Megan's example and having a spoonful with our meals to test it out. Since it is home-made, we know what's in there and that the fermentation is natural. Besides, I just love sauerkraut with pork...

Re: The Magnesium Miracle

Has anyone tried to make liposomal magnesium ... maybe even a combination of vitamin C and magnesium?
There is commercially available liposomal magnesium on the net (e.g. __http://www.goldenworks.us/liposome.html) and some sell it as a combination with ATP.

Anyone tried that?

Re: Re: The Magnesium Miracle

nicklebleu said:
Has anyone tried to make liposomal magnesium ... maybe even a combination of vitamin C and magnesium?
There is commercially available liposomal magnesium on the net (e.g. __http://www.goldenworks.us/liposome.html) and some sell it as a combination with ATP.

Anyone tried that?

I've thought of it but haven't tried it. There is definitely more research needed in this area before experimenting as I don't want to overdo it due to magnesium's effect of relaxing the muscles and I don't know the amount to use. Don't want to fool around with anything that can effect my heart negatively. So for now, it's just an idea.

Re: Re: The Magnesium Miracle

Odyssey said:
nicklebleu said:

Anyone tried that?

I've thought of it but haven't tried it. There is definitely more research needed in this area before experimenting as I don't want to overdo it due to magnesium's effect of relaxing the muscles and I don't know the amount to use. Don't want to fool around with anything that can effect my heart negatively. So for now, it's just an idea.

I'm keen on trying that out - at the moment I am unable to produce liposomal stuff. I think if you start with a very low dose and gradually increase it, there shouldn't be too many problems. Of course the "laxative" effect of magnesium when taken in too high doses is kind of protective of overdosing - one has to keep in mind, that this may not be the case with liposomal magnesium.

Hi, I am starting to wonder whether there is something wrong with me as I seem to be able to take a large amount of Vitamin C without any adverse effects ..... I am currently taking 1 tablespoon in a shake each morning and 1 tablespoon in water at night. This seems to be an awful lot more than most of you take! I haven't upped it any further yet because of cost but would like to experiement when I can to see just how much I can handle. Am I unhealthier than I think??! :/

Iarrthoir Firinne said:
Hi, I am starting to wonder whether there is something wrong with me as I seem to be able to take a large amount of Vitamin C without any adverse effects ..... I am currently taking 1 tablespoon in a shake each morning and 1 tablespoon in water at night. This seems to be an awful lot more than most of you take! I haven't upped it any further yet because of cost but would like to experiement when I can to see just how much I can handle. Am I unhealthier than I think??! :/

How many grams are in your tablespoon? It doesn't sound like you're taking that much. I, over the course of the day, take at least 3 to 4 tablespoons at 0.5 tablespoon doses throughout the day, and that's at 13.5 grams per tablespoon. Occasionally I'll hit bowel tolerance, but very rarely.

anart said:
Iarrthoir Firinne said:

How many grams are in your tablespoon? It doesn't sound like you're taking that much. I, over the course of the day, take at least 3 to 4 tablespoons at 0.5 tablespoon doses throughout the day, and that's at 13.5 grams per tablespoon. Occasionally I'll hit bowel tolerance, but very rarely.

Wow. I can't take more than 1200mg without being stuck in the bathroom all day. (No clue why.)

Still waiting for things to calm down before resuming the LC again.

I measured with a precise tablespoon and then weighed the amount and it is 10.67 grams.

Gimpy, I'm wondering if the issue here is partly the fat? The first day I took the liposomal vit C, I was pretty queasy but I had also had a pretty fatty meal. The two together didn't get along. Now I notice that when I take the LVC, it actually makes me feel "full" as though I have eaten fat. We are liking the liposomal ascorbate (denatured with sodium bicarbonate) much better. With a few drops of pure vanilla extract it tastes darn close to rice milk. Kind of nutty and salty.

Laura said:
We are liking the liposomal ascorbate (denatured with sodium bicarbonate) much better. With a few drops of pure vanilla extract it tastes darn close to rice milk. Kind of nutty and salty.

Laura, would you be able to post the exact recipe on how you prepare this particular mixture? Sounds very interesting ...
Thanks!

anart said:
Iarrthoir Firinne said:

I once took a tablespoon which was probably close to the 13g Anart mentioned, and had diarrhea within half an hour! I am good with about a teaspoon (4.5g). However when fighting a virus or something, I can take way more: 10-20g, as many of us have noted. These days on the ketogenic diet with lots of bone broth I am not taking vitamin C every day, but when I do, I take about .5 tsp.

I find your experience quite interesting, Anart! Are you being bombarded by radiation or something?

Hi Anart

There are 5 mls per tablespoon and the instructions on the packet say that equals 2 grams, 1120mg of which is Vitamin C. (It is Vitamin C with bioflavonoids). So that's good news, thanks for that! :)

Mod's note: Edited to fix the quotation boxes

nicklebleu said:
Laura said:
We are liking the liposomal ascorbate (denatured with sodium bicarbonate) much better. With a few drops of pure vanilla extract it tastes darn close to rice milk. Kind of nutty and salty.

Laura, would you be able to post the exact recipe on how you prepare this particular mixture? Sounds very interesting ...
Thanks!

It's a few posts back. Here:

http://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php/topic,13208.msg392905.html#msg392905

The only change is that after dissolving the ascorbic acid in water, I then began adding sodium bicarbonate in half teaspoon increments, stirring until foaming stopped between each addition. When the solution was finally just barely reactive, I called it done. Then, added it to the lecithin solution in the ultrasound chamber and put it on for 10 to 20 minutes. Each batch seems to be slightly different but usually 12 to 15 minutes is about right.

This morning I decided to double the vitamin C concentration so I put 18 tablespoons in the distilled water. It took awhile for it to all dissolve with frequent stirring. Finally, it was mostly dissolved and then I began adding the sodium bicarbonate in full teaspoon increments. Probably about 10 or more. LOTS of reaction so I moved it to a large glass mixing bowl. Finally, reaction diminished, so I added it to the normal lecithin solution (3 cups water, 9 tablespoons lecithin left soaking in the fridge overnight and then hit with the immersion blender for a minute). It took longer for this batch in the ultrasound chamber - about 20 + minutes. But it seems to have made up just fine even with double the amount of Vitamin C.

So, a solution that is doubled in vitamin C, that's 192 grams in 6 cups. That's 4 actual grams per ounce of liquid 20 effective grams.

I DID get a little bubbly after taking a couple shots before breakfast on an empty stomach.

Back
Top Bottom