Diet Coke & Pepsi TASTE like Chemicals

There is a short video about aspartame here: http://www.sott.net/articles/show/202133-Health-Videos-Mercury-Amalgams-Toxic-Chemicals-and-Foods-Activated-Charcoal

Jerry said:
[quote author=Brenda86]I have mostly stopped drinking Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi. Occasionally, I give in to temptation and try to drink one

Your temptation is actually the courting of the following documented results of consuming aspartame:

Brain cancer
Multiple Sclerosis
Parkinson’s disease
Fibromyalgia
Hypoglycemia
Neuroendocrine disorders
Brain lesions
Lou Gehrig's disease
Mitochondrial damage (incl. a reduction in available ATP)
Destruction of the myelin sheath of neurons
Hydrocephalus
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Epstein-Barr
Post-Polio Syndrome
Lyme Disease
Grave's Disease
Meniere's Disease
Alzheimer's Disease
Epilepsy
EMS
Hypothyroidism
Mercury sensitivity from Amalgam fillings
Lupus
non-Hodgkins Lymphoma
Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
death
irreversible brain damage
birth defects, including mental retardation
peptic ulcers
severe depression
aggressive behavior
suicidal tendencies
blindness
decreased tears
hearing impairment
epileptic seizures
headaches, migraines and some severe
paresthesia
severe tremors
severe depression
aggression
phobias
insomnia
tachycardia
high blood pressure
asthma
weight gain

FYI – all chewing gum except Bazooka Joe contains aspartame

_http://www.mercola.com/article/aspartame/dangers.htm

_http://www.wnho.net/aspartame_brain_damage.htm

_http://tuberose.com/Aspartame.html

[/quote]

Believe me... this is why I am working so hard to stop drinking them. And I do RARELY give in, and when I do I've noticed I absolutely hate the taste and can't drink it anymore. Not that this makes it any better that I have given in, but my body is starting to help my brain with the change by rejecting the drinks altogether.

I used to drink... maybe 3-4 cans a day. :( I am tired of poisoning my body. It's taking time to weed out the bad stuff, but I am doing it little by little. :)

Brenda, did you try to make your own fruit juice at home? All you need is fruits, and it's delicious!
Actually I take grapefruit? (pamplemousse/pomélo), put it in the mixer with a little honey (I didn't find stévia yet) and some water. That's all. Of course, fruits contain chemicals but it's a step imho.

I actually have a juicer, which I didn't think of. But I really enjoy water these days. And my body is thanking me for the changes I've been making with fewer headaches and stomach upsets.

However, what I really need to work on right now is my sleep. I sleep for a minimum of 10 hours, max 12. Feels like too much, but I'll be so tired. As long as I can remember I've always slept for at least 10 hours when left to my own devices. If I HAD to get up for something before I got that much I could always do it (school, work, etc) but I would be pretty tired.

[quote author=Brenda86]Believe me... this is why I am working so hard to stop drinking them. And I do RARELY give in, and when I do I've noticed I absolutely hate the taste and can't drink it anymore. Not that this makes it any better that I have given in, but my body is starting to help my brain with the change by rejecting the drinks altogether.

I used to drink... maybe 3-4 cans a day. I am tired of poisoning my body. It's taking time to weed out the bad stuff, but I am doing it little by little. [/quote]

This is very good Brenda! I thought posting these dangers in your thread could add some weight to your resistance if there is a next time.

I’m also hoping for your sake, with aspartame, that “doing it little by little” isn’t a buffer because it’s extremely toxic. Small amounts are capable of disastrous results.

Jerry said:
[quote author=Brenda86]Believe me... this is why I am working so hard to stop drinking them. And I do RARELY give in, and when I do I've noticed I absolutely hate the taste and can't drink it anymore. Not that this makes it any better that I have given in, but my body is starting to help my brain with the change by rejecting the drinks altogether.

I used to drink... maybe 3-4 cans a day. I am tired of poisoning my body. It's taking time to weed out the bad stuff, but I am doing it little by little.

This is very good Brenda! I thought posting these dangers in your thread could add some weight to your resistance if there is a next time.

I’m also hoping for your sake, with aspartame, that “doing it little by little” isn’t a buffer because it’s extremely toxic. Small amounts are capable of disastrous results.

[/quote]

It did help. I'm going to remind myself every time I think about giving in. Just to give a better idea, though, I went 7 days this last time and then drank MAYBE 1/4 of the 20oz bottle before throwing it away because it tasted so bad to me. So I think I'm well on my way to kicking this habit for good after like 3 years of drinking it daily.

I have never found Coke & Pepsi taste good. :huh:

When I was staying America for the first time, I was so shocked everyone (even adults!) was drinking pops.
House parties, restaurants..everywhere I went there were pops and they were easy to get.
People drink them all the time and burp loudly after that...I was stunned. :jawdrop:

Once, I asked my host father why everyone drink pops in America.
He said something like... "We grew up with pops. They are part of our lives. "

Believe me... this is why I am working so hard to stop drinking them. And I do RARELY give in, and when I do I've noticed I absolutely hate the taste and can't drink it anymore. Not that this makes it any better that I have given in, but my body is starting to help my brain with the change by rejecting the drinks altogether.

I used to drink... maybe 3-4 cans a day. I am tired of poisoning my body.

I hope more people especially in north America realize this.

You can also use Coca-Cola to clean the acid off of car batteries. :shock:

Heimdallr said:

Yes... I did this once before. Looking back... I can't believe that didn't stop me from drinking it. But it's amazing what we don't think about when we are okay with being sheep.

Heimdallr said:

I remember my Dad showing me an experiment when I was a kid that used a can of Coke and a nail. We opened a fresh can of coke and then put a small steel nail inside of it. We left the can sit out in the garage for the entire summer. At the end of about three months I think we poured out the Coke can and the nail had vanished. The phosphoric acid in the Coke dissolved the nail! :shock:

I just wanted to report that I have still not had any diet cokes. I almost drank a flavored drink with aspartame in it, but I checked the label when I noticed it said "SUGAR FREE". The first 7 days was hard, but today I noticed when my boyfriend and I went to blockbuster and passed the Diet Coke... I actually did not even want it. But reminding myself of all the nastiness of aspartame when the urge has come up REALLY helped.... SOOOO....

THANKS GUYS!! :lol:

If you crave carbonation as well, try some San Pellegrino or Perrier sparkling water. Squeeze a little lime and/or lemon in with it and eventually you won't even remember what soda is.

Brenda86 said:
I just wanted to report that I have still not had any diet cokes. I almost drank a flavored drink with aspartame in it, but I checked the label when I noticed it said "SUGAR FREE". The first 7 days was hard, but today I noticed when my boyfriend and I went to blockbuster and passed the Diet Coke... I actually did not even want it. But reminding myself of all the nastiness of aspartame when the urge has come up REALLY helped.... SOOOO....

THANKS GUYS!! :lol:

Yay! :)

i don't know about you guys, but i think i can distinguish drinks that have artificial sugar varieties compared to real sugar. the taste is ALMOST like sugar, but you feel something is missing :cool:
water/fresh squeezed juice is best, but sometimes i end up having those sugar-free orange juices (in tetrapacks) due to laziness :/

Back
Top Bottom