Dental Health

Re: Teeth Health

Mona said:
Brushing teeth with activated charcoal powder? Hmm...who ever thought of that. I remember my mom giving me this stuff for constipation when I was a kid when we still lived back in a communist Czechoslovakia. So even back then this remedy was used to treat occassional constipation. I have to try to brush my teeth with it. Maybe it will do a better job than Jason' Sea Fresh natural toothpaste; I have to mix it with baking soda.

Did you mean to say sodium bicarbonate? That whitens your teeth too.

I've been using the activated charcoal too, and it's great! In the morning, I wake up with a fresh mouth, and my teeth have whitened a bit. But I'll try adding a bit of sodium bicarbonate as a test.

Oh, I recently went to my yearly visit at the dentist and he was surprised at the state of my teeth and my gums. :D He asked me what I had done, and I told him about the detox diet and the supplements, and that I never use fluoride. He's not too open to alternative therapies, but he sure listened. ;)

Yesterday I found this, in case you are interested:

THE TOOTH-BODY RELATIONSHIP

©2004 Suzin Stockton

Ever seen a reflexology chart, or an iridology chart? These show respectively that areas of the feet/hands and iris of the eye correspond to different parts of the entire body. There’s a colon chart that shows that same relationship – a matter of the microcosm reflecting the macrocosm. It should come as no surprise then that there are points within our jawbones – at specific tooth sites - that correspond to areas of the entire body, as well. (Click here to view a complete tooth chart: http://www.toothandbodyconnection.com/Tooth_Organ2.pdf) The existence of this ‘reflexive’ relationship is one reason why a disturbance at a particular tooth site can cause a distant organ to malfunction. (Conversely, a disturbance in the organ can cause a problem at the related tooth site).

Basically, the reflexive relationship between tooth site and organ is an energetic one, created as a consequence of the tooth site and the organ sharing an energy channel or meridian, as it’s called in Traditional Chinese Medicine. A problem in your jaw can affect you just about anywhere in your body, for every tooth site crosses one or more of the 12 major meridians, as described below:

tooth%20chart%201.jpg

Your anterior or front teeth, the first four on both the top jaw (maxilla) and bottom jaw (mandible) jaw – teeth numbers 7-10 and 23-26 - run through the kidney and bladder meridians. A disturbance with any of these teeth can affect those organs and cause a problem anywhere in the urogenital tract. It can also affect the ankles, rectum and anal canal, nose, the frontal sinus and the adrenal and pineal glands.

tooth%20chart%202.gif

Moving one tooth over on both the top and bottom jaw, we find teeth numbers 6 and 11 (maxilla) and teeth numbers 22 and 27 (mandible). These teeth run across the liver and gallbladder meridians. Therefore, these organs may be affected by a disturbance at these tooth sites. The sphenoidal sinus, hips, gonads and pituitary gland may also be affected.
tooth%20chart%203.gif

The large intestine and lung meridians affect teeth number 4, 5, 12 and 13 in the upper jaw and numbers 18, 19, 30 and 31 in the lower. A disturbance with any one of these teeth (or the bone beneath them) can cause a problem with the large or small intestine, lungs, veins, arteries, hands, feet, nose, shoulders or with the pituitary or thymus glands.

tooth%20chart%204.gif

Teeth #2 and #3 on the top right and #28 and #29 on the bottom right cross the stomach meridian. Their counterparts on the left side of the jaw (#14 and #15 in the maxilla and #20 and #21 in the mandible) cross both the stomach and spleen meridians. Disturbances with any of the teeth highlighted in the illustration to the right can cause problems with the spleen, pancreas, esophagus, parathyroid gland, mammary glands, stomach, knee and ankle joints, lymph vessels, maxillary sinuses or the thyroid gland.

tooth%20chart%205.gif

The 3rd molar or wisdom tooth sites (tooth numbers 1, 16, 17 and 32) cross four separate meridians (heart, small intestine, triple warmer & circulation/sex). Therefore, a disturbance at any of these sites may cause a number of systemic problems, most notably with the heart, small intestine and nervous system. The shoulders, elbows, hands, feet, ears, tongue, sacroiliac joint and limbic system may also be affected.

In addition to these energetic relationships between tooth sites and organs, there is yet another way in which oral pathology can have systemic consequences. That is through the migration of microbes and/or their toxins to distant organs via lymphatic and blood vessels. The toxins associated with cavitation sites can be carried throughout the body and will tend to settle in weakened organs.

And this is the chart linked to above:

teethandorganscopy.jpg

(To download a PDF of the chart go here)

Thanks Oxajil for starting this thread!

Ailén said:
Mona said:
Brushing teeth with activated charcoal powder? Hmm...who ever thought of that. I remember my mom giving me this stuff for constipation when I was a kid when we still lived back in a communist Czechoslovakia. So even back then this remedy was used to treat occassional constipation. I have to try to brush my teeth with it. Maybe it will do a better job than Jason' Sea Fresh natural toothpaste; I have to mix it with baking soda.

Did you mean to say sodium bicarbonate? That whitens your teeth too.

It's the same thing. Also called bread soda, cooking soda, and bicarbonate of soda. Not to be confused with baking powder, as I learned the hard way! :lol:

Although it seems baking powder can contain baking soda according to our good friend Wikipedia:

Most commercially-available baking powders are made up of an alkaline component (typically baking soda), one or more acid salts, and an inert starch (cornstarch in most cases, though potato starch may also be used).

Oh yes, Mr. Scott and Ailen, I did mean sodium bicarbonate, we actually call it baking soda here (not baking powder). And I have to correct my stupidity, I meant to say that I was given the activated charcoal when I was a kid for a diarrhea, not constipation.

And Ailen, thank youuuuuuuuuu sooooo much for the diagrams; they are beautiful. I am going to study them tonight. I think the smartest people in the whole universe come to this forum. The stuff I learn here is amazing, and it's not a joke. By the way, now by looking at the chart it was my #14 tooth that had that new filling put in. I hope I won't develop any health issues in any of the organs listed, as the tooth filling contains Bisphenol A. You know what I also noticed ? That ever since the dentist drilled that tooth, my left eye has been twitching. I am going to give them a call just to make sure this is normal. And believe it or not I did not even need this new filling put in this time if my last dentist who had put in a filling into the same tooth about 6 years had not left inside the tooth an old decay. He did not clean the tooth properly last time. Sometimes I just feel like screaming.

Thanks for your help

Thank you for the charts Ailen, they explain a lot! :) Especially the adrenal gland; and, for someone with only 20 teeth left, and two of those are due to go on Monday, it’s a wonder I feel as fit as I do (or am I deceiving myself! :)). And several of them are needing to have the fillings replaced at a later date.

You are welcome! I find it fascinating how everything is connected in our body, even to our teeth! Perhaps looking at the charts, one can do some preventive work on the organs/glands that may be affected, just in case. Doing a colon cleanse, enemas, etc. and keeping with the diet can only help. :). I've also read that bleeding or inflamed gums can be a sign of lack of Vitamin C.

Personally, I've never had any problems with my teeth, and I still have health issues. So it's not as simple as that. But if there is a link, why not prevent any further damage?

This gives one more reason to remove any mercury fillings you have! That stuff is poison in your system!

Hello there,

Edit: What is the proper use of baking soda, 2 times a month, 2 times a week, or daily with toothpaste? I have read about a person who uses it, just three times a year! Really thanks for the tips.

How to clean your teeth with charcoal

Materials:

Charcoal or mineral
Water in a glass
Toothbrush

Procedure for brushing your teeth:

1 .- The starting coal into small pieces, if you have a hammer or a handle to begin to grind, to get a fine powder, this will be used as cream.

2 .- Wet the toothbrush, rubbing the coal dust and then proceeds to clean your teeth with the brush as you normally would with toothpaste.

3 .- Repeat the procedure until your teeth are clean, rinse your mouth with water from your glass

4 .- Pass the brush back and without the coal, to remove traces of carbon that may get in your teeth.

Additional note: You can use at home baking soda mixed with coal to achieve more effective cleaning of your teeth.

I brush my teeth daily with bicarbonate of soda and with salt on a wet toothbrush only. I have yet to use charcoal to clean my teeth.

Trevrizent said:
I brush my teeth daily with bicarbonate of soda and with salt on a wet toothbrush only. I have yet to use charcoal to clean my teeth.

EDIT: I was reading that was bad, use it daily. So it confuses me is daily or occasionally? In order not to overstretch the issue... what is the use recommended? Ok, a half-and-half mixture of salt (non fluoridated) just read in F.B of laura.

"Do not use this method too often as the abrasive can permanently damage the enamel of your teeth."

"Cut down on dentist teeth cleaning costs. Clean your teeth with Baking Soda. Works really well with a rotary toothbrush.

Go gently at the gumline as baking soda is abrasive.

I just used it again a couple of days ago and there is no longer any tartar build up!

I only do this at most 3 times a year. I have only had to have my teeth cleaned by a dentist once ever!"

I'm a little confused about the frequency of brushing from the last few posts. Is it ok to brush with charcoal and baking soda every day?

3D Student said:
I'm a little confused about the frequency of brushing from the last few posts. Is it ok to brush with charcoal and baking soda every day?

That's what I mean, is used in a different frequency. It is for the state of the person's teeth, gums? while some say it is harmful to use it frequently, others use it frequently.

Well others have said they use the charcoal regularly. And there is toothpaste with baking soda already in it, so I would assume then that both are ok to use every day.

3D Student said:

3D, I have not used the charcoal yet, I looked it up at a store and they are selling this stuff in a capsule. I have not tried it yet. But I do use a regular fluoride free toothpaste "sea fresh by Jason" and twice a week I dip the tip of my toothbrush into baking soda. Because I have sensitive teeth I cannot use the baking soda everyday. Just be careful if you use anything that is abrasive.

Is any one of you grinding teeth at night? And if you are, how are you treating this condition? I thought that grinding teeth is more common among the general public. I have been doing it since I was a kid.

I don't know if I grind my teeth at night. But I do clench them, because when I wake up my jaw is always tight and my teeth are clenched. I don't know if that counts as teeth grinding. It sometimes lasts while I am still awake if I don't become aware of it, and I just go around with my teeth clenched as if I were really angry :P.

Mona said:
3D Student said:

3D, I have not used the charcoal yet, I looked it up at a store and they are selling this stuff in a capsule. I have not tried it yet. But I do use a regular fluoride free toothpaste "sea fresh by Jason" and twice a week I dip the tip of my toothbrush into baking soda. Because I have sensitive teeth I cannot use the baking soda everyday. Just be careful if you use anything that is abrasive.

Is any one of you grinding teeth at night? And if you are, how are you treating this condition? I thought that grinding teeth is more common among the general public. I have been doing it since I was a kid.

I'm a terrible grinder. :-[

I wear a mouth guard made by my dentist. Without it I get nasty headaches from the muscle strain. I also can't use fluoride, and have sensitive teeth. I've not tried charcoal, but I can't use baking soda by itself. I have heard that myrrh powder and neem are good for teeth, but haven't found any yet.

3D Student said:
I don't know if I grind my teeth at night. But I do clench them, because when I wake up my jaw is always tight and my teeth are clenched. I don't know if that counts as teeth grinding. It sometimes lasts while I am still awake if I don't become aware of it, and I just go around with my teeth clenched as if I were really angry Tongue.

You may like to put your tongue between your teeth, or not, before you go to sleep, it works as a guard and stops you grinding your teeth - it works for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom