Dental Health

Re: Teeth Health

Mr. Scott said:
I have been brushing with "vegetable-based" activated charcoal powder for several months now, and it totally rocks! It makes your toothbrush a bit black, but it works really well, and freshens your breath at the same time. It has no taste. It apparently also whitens teeth.

My normal brushing procedure is:

1. Wet toothbrush
2. Dip in jar of activated charcoal
3. Brush teeth
4. Rinse
5. Sip teeny bit of water and quickly rebrush to remove any remaining charcoal (it gets in the cracks and crevices and makes your teeth look scary without this step)
6. Rinse

That's it!

It's cheap, effective, and fun for the whole family. :D

I was using a fluoride free toothpaste for the last couple of years, but I switched to sodium bicarbonate a couple of months ago when I found out that a bigger company bought the company that makes the toothpaste I was using. I hadn't heard of using charcoal, but I used it the last couple of days to try it out, and I have to say, I think it is the best thing I've ever used on my teeth! They feel very clean, my mouth feels clean, and it still feels fresh after a nights sleep. Amazing!

Ailén said:
3D Student said:
I'm a little confused about the frequency of brushing from the last few posts. Is it ok to brush with charcoal and baking soda every day?

I think you should be careful with charcoal. I only use it once or twice a week, and the rest of the time fluoride-free toothpaste. I much prefer the effect charcoal has, but it is possible that it is too abrasive, like what Alma Innovadora pointed out about baking soda.

I'm a little confused as well. The last video listed here: _http://www.sott.net/articles/show/202133-Health-Videos-Mercury-Amalgams-Toxic-Chemicals-and-Foods-Activated-Charcoal seems to indicate that it is completely safe to use on a daily basis.

According to carbonresources.com:

The Hardness and Abrasiveness of Activated Carbon

Equally important to activated carbon is its hardness and abrasive number. The hardness and abrasiveness of the activated carbon can change its resistance to attrition. It is integral to activated carbon to maintain its physical integrity. Activated carbon must be able to withstand the friction imposed by backwashing and several other common outcomes of its use in a variety of applications. The differences in the hardness of activated carbon product is immense as they depend on the raw material and activity level of the particular activated carbon.

I take that to mean that activated carbon/charcoal products can vary in their hardness/abrasiveness.

EHow also has a short article on the subject:
How to Use Powder Charcoal to Brush Teeth

Read more: How to Use Powder Charcoal to Brush Teeth | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4471346_use-powder-charcoal-brush-teeth.html#ixzz0sX6Mbe7eMost people don't know this, but powdered charcoal is one of the best things to use to brush your teeth. Charcoal is hard in nature, but it will not scratch your teeth. In fact, it is one of the safest ways to whiten and deodorize your teeth. Although the following products are not typically found at your local grocery store, they are readily available to order online. If you want to whiten your teeth with powdered charcoal, prepare your supply list and read this article.

Read more: How to Use Powder Charcoal to Brush Teeth | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_4471346_use-powder-charcoal-brush-teeth.html#ixzz0sX6KAhir

Of course we are led to believe the fluorinated toothpaste is perfectly safe as well, so its hard to believe what you read.

I am going to try using the charcoal every day, or I will create a mix of sodium bicarbonate, charcoal and bentonite clay and I will report back on the results.

Here's to glowing smiles! :D

Seamas

Re: Wisdom teeth. To pull or not to pull. That is a question...

So I have an appointment to get my wisdom teeth taken out next month. The doctor gave me prescriptions for a mouthwash called Peridex, some amoxicillin, ibuprofen, and percocet. It looks like the percocet has cornstarch in it, along with some other things:

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=13307 said:
All strengths of PERCOCET also contain the following inactive ingredients: Colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, pregelatinized cornstarch, and stearic acid. In addition, the 2.5 mg/325 mg strength contains FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake and the 5 mg/325 mg strength contains FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake. The 7.5 mg/325 mg and the 7.5 mg/500 mg strengths contain FD&C Yellow No. 6 Aluminum Lake. The 10 mg/325 mg and the 10 mg/650 mg strengths contain D&C Yellow No. 10 Aluminum Lake.

I'm on the ultrasimple diet now and that's probably going to mess it up, along with the generally undesirable ingredients. I guess it may be a few bullets I have to take.

Hi 3D Resident. Thanks for sharing your experience. Good to hear it's working out better for you.

It looks like I might have to have an impacted wisdom tooth pulled also.

Is it necessary to take antibiotics first or is this solely because of the infection?

And not having experienced a tooth-pull before, is this surgical as in Doctor/hospital or dentist office?

Thanks.

Hi cholas, I'm actually 3D Student :P, 3D Resident is the one with the pretty colorful landscape avatar.

In my case I had to have an antibiotic because mine was infected. But they make you take an antibiotic before the surgery so when you have the holes in your mouth they are less likely to get infected. I'm not sure if the antibiotic is necessary, but I'd say that the dentist will recommend it. You would go to a dentist first and get an x-ray and they'd refer you to a dental surgeon. Then you schedule a surgery date to remove them. Well, that's how it worked for me at least.

Ah, sorry 3D Student. I was indeed referring to your posts. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the information.

It's been a long, long time since I've used antibiotics also but maybe if they aren't required.....

Much appreciated.

3D Student said:
So I have an appointment to get my wisdom teeth taken out next month. The doctor gave me prescriptions for a mouthwash called Peridex, some amoxicillin, ibuprofen, and percocet. It looks like the percocet has cornstarch in it, along with some other things:

http://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?id=13307 said:
All strengths of PERCOCET also contain the following inactive ingredients: Colloidal silicon dioxide, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, pregelatinized cornstarch, and stearic acid. In addition, the 2.5 mg/325 mg strength contains FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake and the 5 mg/325 mg strength contains FD&C Blue No. 1 Aluminum Lake. The 7.5 mg/325 mg and the 7.5 mg/500 mg strengths contain FD&C Yellow No. 6 Aluminum Lake. The 10 mg/325 mg and the 10 mg/650 mg strengths contain D&C Yellow No. 10 Aluminum Lake.

I'm on the ultrasimple diet now and that's probably going to mess it up, along with the generally undesirable ingredients. I guess it may be a few bullets I have to take.

Greetings !

I was given amoxicillin & 800mg ibuprofen pills, along with 1 or 2 day course of steroids, when I had 4 of them removed. They all were impacted. I am not sure if ibuprofen is much better, but you might be able to survive without percocet (uneducated guess), unless it's used for something other than for pain-killing. Ibuprofen was sufficient for me.

I was little bit concerned with amounts of anesthetic they were pumping into me during surgery, since I've kept waking up. I just "played dead" & pretended I am asleep since pain was tolerable.

[quote author=cholas] It's been a long, long time since I've used antibiotics also but maybe if they aren't required.....[/quote]

From what I understand, antibiotics are given to also avoid respiratory/sinus infections/viruses, since you are not going to be allowed to blow your nose, sneezing & coughing is highly not recommended (for a week or two).

Good luck to you both 3D Student & Cholas with wisdom teeth pull. Just make sure to follow cleaning & after care instructions they give you to avoid complications. It means no smoking for a week or two :( And make sure you nutrition yourself well for recovery.

I hope everything goes well and smooth & you recover in no time !

Also make sure not to drink out of a straw for a few weeks after having your wisdom teeth removed. Just like with smoking, this causes air pockets to form in the cavities where the teeth were removed, which, if they occur, can cause a considerable amount of pain.

cholas said:
It's been a long, long time since I've used antibiotics also but maybe if they aren't required.....

Yeah I don't like taking medicine either. This recent time when I took the antibiotic for the infection was probably the first antibiotic I had taken in 7 years.

Thanks for the advice agni and Heimdallr.

agni said:
I am not sure if ibuprofen is much better, but you might be able to survive without percocet (uneducated guess), unless it's used for something other than for pain-killing. Ibuprofen was sufficient for me.

I guess I'll play it by ear as to whether to take the percocet.

Heimdallr said:
Also make sure not to drink out of a straw for a few weeks after having your wisdom teeth removed.

Good to know, I rarely drink out of a straw though.

Seamas said:
I am going to try using the charcoal every day, or I will create a mix of sodium bicarbonate, charcoal and bentonite clay and I will report back on the results.

I've been alternating days between brushing with charcoal and sodium bicarbonate. The charcoal keeps my mouth feeling clean and fresh for longer, even though it turns my mouth black temporarily. The sodium bicarbonate does seem to have a whitening effect. I can recommend either one as a simple and inexpensive alternative to toothpaste. :D

Mona said:
Belibaste said:
According to Louise Hay (Heal your life):

Clench teeth, grinding = not wanting to.........

Not wanting to............... Holy doodle that is a hard one. 3D student, I loooooove to sleep, so that one has to be eliminated for me. But the first thing that came to my mind, considering that I have had this issue since childhood, is maybe, not wanting to live in 3D world. I will have to think about this more. Thanks Belibaste

Only just noticed this....just wanted to add that some time ago I read that grinding teeth in your sleep may be linked to levels of heavy metal (mercury) in your system. fwiw

Only just noticed this....just wanted to add that some time ago I read that grinding teeth in your sleep may be linked to levels of heavy metal (mercury) in your system. fwiw

This can also have to do with a magnesium deficiency.

Re: alternative to amalgams

This is a very timely thread for me. I just made an appointment for next week to begin the process of replacing 5 mercury amalgam fillings. The dentist I will be seeing is a member of the IAOMT and his office stated that they will perform a Dental Material Reactivity Test in order to determine what the best replacement materials will be for me. I'm not sure how that test is performed but I will post back on this thread when I find out.

Re: alternative to amalgams

I found an article explaining the Dental Material Reactivity Test. It is an interview with the creator of the test Walter "Jess" Clifford by Dr. Mark A. Breiner, author of the book "Whole-Body Dentistry". There are two parts to the interview so it's a bit long but it has some interesting information. If you can find a dentist that performs this test, you should be able to get the best replacement material for your body. The articles were written in 2005.

Feature Article
Dental Materials Reactivity Testing - What You Need To Know

For this month's e-zine, I have a special interview with Walter J. Clifford, known to all as Jess. Jess is founder and head of Clifford Consulting & Research, Inc. which does testing for reactivity of dental materials. As a matter of fact, it was Jess who developed the materials reactivity test. At this point his database includes more than 5,800 products and is constantly being updated. I would venture that Jess is one of the world's top authorities on dental materials. I am proud to know him and to be a friend of many years.

Jess, it is truly an honor to interview you for my e-zine. I am sure that our readers will find this discussion very enlightening. I have used your testing for years, especially in any patient who is in anyway a reactive type of individual.

Some patients are so sensitive that they come in wearing an oxygen mask. Using materials indicated as suitable for that individual, I have not experienced any problems.

Jess, can you discuss the issue of dental materials safety and how materials are traditionally tested?

Traditional thought among dentists suggests that any and every product is safe and effective for any and every patient, especially if it carries a 'Seal of Approval' from some regulatory or professional body. The acceptance and approval process for restorative materials has very little to do with long-term sustained biological safety. Rather, the process focuses on esthetics of the product, its strength and durability when placed in the mouth, its ease of use by the dentist and the relative cost factors when compared to competing products.

A list of judgment criteria for materials evaluation published and taught to dental students by a prominent dental school in the United States features 44 test parameters to determine acceptability. Only two of the 44 parameters relate to safety and biological compatibility. One of the tests determines whether or not the dental material causes cell destruction (cytotoxicity) and the other checks for irritability with direct cell contact in a hamster cheek-pouch. While these two tests are useful in their limited focus, neither examines what will leave the restorative material and enter the body with long term exposure to tissues, body fluids, bacteria and food or beverages.

Chemical constituents resulting from frank corrosion, galvanic currents, off-loading and out-gassing from restoratives are often absorbed and may lead to serious physiological impact and tissue build-up. These, in turn, interfere with normal activity in the cardio-vascular system, the digestive process and gastrointestinal tissue, neurologic function, musculoskeletal strength and coordination and pulmonary efficiency. They can cause real havoc with hormonal functions. Few healthcare professionals would associate dental materials with neurological disorders, skin problems and digestive issues. And we should add that beyond all of these potential problem areas, there is the broad spectrum of "sensitivity" which results from contact between chemicals which exit dental restoratives and the immune system.

Our current materials safety evaluations do not pay much attention to these systemic health problems since they do not occur within the mouth itself. While there is no need for panic, some people will have problems here and there with virtually any restorative product that I could name. Some of these problems will be simple irritations or bad tastes in the mouth. Others will be more serious.

How does your lab test for material compatibility?

We employ broad based immune system screening using antibody detection in the patient's blood serum. The individual antibody record can assist us in knowing what the patient has encountered in the past and has adversely reacted with. When there is a noxious or toxic encounter, the immune system attempts to fight and protect against the offending substance with several mechanisms, including the production of specific antibodies directed against the offending material.

Nearly all adverse reactions to restorative materials result when there is a breakdown or corrosion or off-loading of components from the restoration. These constituents are not peculiar to dental materials. Most adults will have encountered similar components in food, water and various environmental and lifestyle contacts as well as with prior dental placements. For example, if the patient has adversely reacted with nickel from jewelry or stainless cookware, or if adverse reaction has taken place against acrylics found in food packaging or cosmetics or contact in the workplace, then placement of dental materials which contain and can release nickel or acrylics will lead to a similar adverse response in the patient.

We can offer assistance to the dentist and patient by screening the patient's antibody record for specific antibodies which may be present at or above a relevant threshold for the components known to be released by various dental products. Even though many of the adverse encounters began with exposures unrelated to dentistry, the body will react the same when similar offending substances come out of dental restorations. Knowing what reactants are expected to be released from various dental materials and which of these the patient has already had problems with, we can suggest products by trade-name which ought to be avoided in the individual patient and products which could be employed with the least degree of risk. Results such as these are individually tailored for each patient who is tested.

How many products does your lab test for?

Our current dental reactivity testing panel reports positive or negative sensitivity findings on 89 basic chemical groups and families of compounds, and provides simple 'suitable / not well suited' indicators for more than 5,800 dental products by trade-name which are grouped into 30 application categories. We have a substantial number of additional products under study and will be adding these to the database as our evaluations are completed.

Parenthetically, we are preparing to release a new testing panel during Fall 2005 which is based upon the same concepts as the dental panel, but which is oriented to materials used by physicians in orthopedic and implant surgery.

Can you share with us from all of the patients you've tested some observations with respect to materials selection and bioactivity?

With data from more than 41,000 patients, several strong trends have emerged regarding biological suitability and safety of dental materials in the presence of normal body chemistry.

First, products containing nickel, beryllium, cadmium and mercury fare very poorly across the board. Even when combined with other components, there does not seem to be any reliable mechanism to isolate these metals from causing problems.

Second, noble or precious metal alloys fare much better when they are free of palladium, and to a lesser extent, free of silver. Most of the top level precious metal alloy suppliers have introduced palladium-free formularies as well as those which have little or no silver. This reduces direct exposure to these metals and seems to help reduce the intensity of galvanic cells which may form between dissimilar metal components.

Third, there are some remarkable new advances now available in the traditional porcelain and ceramic crown and bridge products, including feldspathic, leucitic and zircate forms. These materials have great strength and durability while presenting with marvelous esthetic properties. We are seeing successful multi-unit bridge spans which do not require metal frameworks. Best of all, they score quite well in bio-compatibility for a vast number of patients.

Fourth, there are some truly fine new products coming into the marketplace which blend the qualities of traditional porcelains and ceramics with those of bio-glass ionomers and resin composites. These products often score in the 99 percentile, meaning that 99% or more of patients tested will show 'suitable' with them. They are within the practice scope of most dental offices and permit very pleasing esthetics in the finished treatment.

Finally, the use of lab-formed ceramics, porcelains and hybrid products for crowns, inlays and on-lays which can be milled, placed and adjusted during the same visit to the dental office is revolutionizing treatment protocols in many practices. While not indicated for every case, the fact that these materials are formed and cured outside of the mouth vastly reduces the likelihood of an influx of uncured precursor components to the patient. These materials often score in the 90 percentile or higher.

Next month we will continue our discussion on reactivity testing and delve into the potential problems with different metals in the mouth as well as the possible interactions with implanted materials elsewhere in the body.

Clifford Consulting and Research Inc. (CCR), headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was founded in 1988 after the invention and development of the Clifford Materials Reactivity Testing (CMRT) concept by Walter J. Clifford, who currently serves as president of CCR. CCR's unrelenting commitment to values such as service, integrity, and innovation in promoting quality care for patients through testing and research has resulted in 17 years of rapid growth as a unique provider in the industry. CCR now offers information, services and seminars to healthcare professionals throughout the United States, as well as international locations.

© 2005, Mark A. Breiner, DDS

Materials Reactivity Testing (Part 2)

This month I continue my interview with Walter "Jess" Clifford on dental materials reactivity testing. Jess is the founder of Clifford Consulting and Research (CCR) and is one of the world's top authorities on dental materials. Using antibody detection in a patient's blood serum, CCR Labs tests for material compatibility.

As a Whole-Body Dentist, why am I concerned about dental materials testing?

As Jess so aptly explained last month, "Traditional thought among dentists suggest that any and every product is safe and effective for any and every patient, especially if it carries a 'Seal of Approval' from some regulatory or professional body. The acceptance and approval process for restorative materials has very little to do with long-term sustained biological safety. "

In the last month's newsletter, we learned that the chemical constituents resulting from corrosion, galvanic currents and out-gassing from dental restoratives are often absorbed and may lead to serious physiological impact and tissue build-up. These, in turn, interfere with normal activity in the cardio-vascular system, the digestive process and gastrointestinal tissue, neuralgic function, musculoskeletal strength and coordination and pulmonary efficiency. Jess comments that, "Few healthcare professionals would associate dental materials with neurological disorder, skin problems and digestive issues."

Jess, we have covered the issue of dental materials safety, how materials are traditionally tested, and your unique observations regarding materials selection and bioactivity as well as how CCR Lab tests for material compatibility for over 5,800 dental products.

Patients often present with many different materials in their mouths - amalgams, composites, gold, nickel, etc. Are there potential problems with different materials in the mouth, even if they are 'Non-Metal?'

Without question, the answer is YES. It is vitally important to note that there are no such entities as metal-free dental products. I know that 'metal-free' is an important buzz-word in dental product advertising and in practice promotion. However, when I see such claims in advertising, I have to wonder where these professionals took their basic undergraduate chemistry and physics training.

You will recall that basic chemistry mandates that wherever there is an anion (organic compound, silicate, resin or whatever), there must be a counter-balancing cation. Cations are nearly always metals or metalloids. Even dental products must abide within the principles of chemistry, physics and nature. Whether the product being considered is a glass, porcelain, ceramic, resin composite or even a simple denture acrylic resin, there are always metals present.

However, the absolute presence of metals is not the proper question to begin with. What we really need to know is what form the metals take and how readily releasable the metal components are.

There are many products which do not contain easily released fully-reduced 'shiny' metal. They will always contain metal in various states of oxidation and combinatorial chemistries. Simple consideration of sand (the basic component of glass) usually finds that it contains aluminum, barium, boron, lithium, sodium, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium as well as traces of other metals and metalloids. Our skeleton naturally contains various metals in chemical combinations, including between 2%-2.5% aluminosolicate.

The point is made that we do not need to recoil in abject fear when we hear the word 'metal' used in relation to dental products. It's there.

If the patient can safely store food or beverage in a glass container or cook and eat from glassware, then there are forms of metals which are not going to utterly destroy good health.

That said, there are various forms of both metals and organic molecules which can enter into new chemical interactions if they are brought together in the mouth. They need not touch physically. Their connection can be formed through body fluids as well as both soft and hard body tissues.

The chemical bonding qualities and physical nature of certain elements and compounds will cause them to exert pressures and force upon certain other elements and compounds. The degree of the pressure or force is dependent upon how dissimilar the components are in their chemical nature, composition and makeup.

Electrons will be snatched from one and held by the other, creating charged components that do not behave like the natural component in resting or steady state.

We have a voltage created, sometimes called an electromotive potential. When electrons move in such natural or biological circuits, we see a galvanic (electrical) current flow. The newly charged components which either gained or released the electrons may not remain stable and bound as normally expected. Sometimes, the electrical flow between dissimilar materials within the mouth can be great enough that the electrical current flow can actually create a physical electrical burn in surrounding tissues.

While frankly reduced 'shiny' metals and metal alloys are most prone to this sort of activity, ceramics, glasses, porcelains and resins can also do the same thing. In the mouth, the use of dissimilar materials can result in one material attacking the integrity of another and the abnormal release of chemical components which was neither anticipated nor desired. Patients will sometimes report a burning sensation in the mouth, or strange taste or odors. Others describe the release of the chemical constituents as numbing with loss of taste, while yet others will present with sores or tissue discolorations due to infiltration of the tissue by the abnormal chemical components moving through the tissues.

Do you have any general advice for dentists whose patients have not had a materials reactivity test?

It is always wise for the dentist to stay within the same products or product families when doing follow-up treatments as those used in prior treatments. Materials selection should minimize the dissimilarity of components. For example, it is best not to use a cementing or bonding agent based upon aluminosilicate chemistry to secure a crown or inlay which is based upon zircate chemistry.

Adverse interaction can weaken or otherwise lead to the failure of dental work which was truly fine in its physical implementation. If one type of dental bridge alloy was used and has given good service, the dentist would want to continue in the use of that specific alloy or one very similar to it. Comparing percentage of gold between alloys is a poor mechanism of insuring compatibility, as the other metals alloyed with the gold component may be vastly different.

Any general advice for patients?

Patients can do themselves a very great service by requesting copies of their dental treatment records. In our mobile society, it is highly likely that more than one dentist will provide care to the patient over the years. Having a reliable record of materials previously used with good success will be very helpful to the new dentist. Conscientious dental professionals will not mind sharing treatment records with the patient, and it is a fine service to the next professional who needs to make judgment calls in designing ongoing treatment plans down the road. We always send two copies of our compatibility test report - one for the doctor and one for the patient.

Jess, I know your lab is releasing a new testing panel this fall that will be oriented to testing materials used by physicians in orthopedic and implant surgery. Can you comment about possible interaction of dental materials with implanted materials elsewhere in the body, such as in the hip or the knee?

The same principles apply to interactions between dental and orthopedic materials as between dissimilar dental products.

Since they do not need to physically touch to interact, if they have sufficient dissimilarity, they can enter into a galvanic circuit between them. The usual connection is the vascular bed, although any and all body tissues and fluids can participate. Even with the newer ceramic materials being used in orthopedic implants, dissimilarity is the essential question.

It is uncommon for the dentist and the orthopedic surgeon to communicate under current common practice. However, strange and anomalous tissue reactions, implant rejections, tissue healing problems and various systemic disorders are raising the issue of adverse interactions more and more.

Selection of orthopedic materials needs to be done in a manner similar to dental materials. The body cannot distinguish between nickel found in a dental bridge and nickel in a knee replacement. The galvanic currents and the abnormal releases of components have a similar body effect.

Jess, thank you for this fantastic interview. I am always amazed at your depth of knowledge in the field of dental materials. I am sure my readers have been thrilled with your information. Dentistry certainly was easier when all you had to worry about was "drill and fill"!

Clifford Consulting and Research Inc. (CCR), headquartered in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was founded in 1988 after the invention and development of the Clifford Materials Reactivity Testing (CMRT) concept by Walter J. Clifford, who currently serves as president of CCR. CCR's unrelenting commitment to values such as service, integrity, and innovation in promoting quality care for patients through testing and research has resulted in 17 years of rapid growth as a unique provider in the industry. CCR now offers information, services and seminars to healthcare professionals throughout the United States, as well as international locations. You can visit their website at ccrlab.com

© 2005, Mark A. Breiner, DDS

The information presented is for educational purposes only. You should consult a qualified dentist or health practitioner for diagnosis and treatment.
Additional Information on compatibility testing is covered in Dr. Breiner's book, Whole-Body Dentistry, available on-line at

on compatibility testing is covered in Dr. Breiner's book, , available on-line at www.wholebodydentistry.com or by phone at 1.800.BOOKLOG (800.266.5564).

Inflamed/infected tooth root

Hi guys,

Yesterday morning i woke up with a spontanous inflamed tooth rooth, it hit me from out of nowhere, the tooth ache was horrible that day, so i went to the dentist today and he told me that it was inflamed but he couldn´t take a picture of the tooth(their picture taking machine was broken) so he couldn't really advice anything, he told me to make an appointment next week and hopefully their tooth picture scanning machine would be fixed again.

At the moment I am taking lots of Vitamin C + probiotics and NAC +ALA 4/5 times a day, *hoping* that the inflamation will be gone, because I am afraid of a root canal treatment.

I can't use DMSO, because I am still waiting for the water distiller from Dr. Mercola(they are out of stock for quite some time, they said it would arrive somewhere around the end of this month)

What is interesting to note, is that yesterday when my tooth was spontanously inflamed, the wife of my uncle died of a heart attack the same day.

Any advice on what i could do more to fight this inflamation is welcome.

Re: Inflamed/infected tooth rooth

Hi Bo,

Apologies if I'm stating the obvious here. The two things I can think of are 1) get the area as clean as possible removing any food particles that might be breaking down and getting into the cavity (if there is an obvious one) and 2) don't chew on the side the pain is on. Another thing is that they do make temporary fillings. I'm not sure if you've heard of them or if they are accessible to you, and the product may contain evil. It's something a person might be able to get from a pharmacy or nutrition store. If you need more info I have to wait for my wife to wake up. You just take a tiny amount out of a VERY small hexagon/round plastic container, about the size of one of those small dental floss containers(?). Then you put it over the hole (if you have one). It at least stops particles from getting into it.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom